WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Help A Needy Consumer!!!

Go down 
+2
Wanderer
Shade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Help A Needy Consumer!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 6:53 pm

Not really an emotional issue, but whatever.

Anyways, my outdated laptop is barely working, and when papers and projects roll around I'm royally screwed. Sadly, I can't pull the high school trick of getting to the library early. Professors from hell.

I have my eyes set on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as what I'm going to ask for. My family isn't broke, but neither are we super rich, so I figured it's an affordable laptop and from what I've seen it looks really, really good.

Of course, I am not technologically savvy. So if anyone who is a laptop buff feels like chiming in, I'm all ears. I'd rather have a PC than a Mac, don't know why; and my price range is under 1300.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 9:13 pm

I'm not a computer buff by any means sorry :(

However, I do have three words that might save you a bit of money on whatever you decide to get for a new computer.

Those three words are:

Black Friday Sales

Just be patient and wait for Black Friday and sit outside a store with a good deal and you can probably get whatever for a good price. Also that give you some time to get the money you need for it too.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 9:54 pm

... Well. I am computer Savvy... and I can tell you that computer is ... Fairly good.

And laptops are an Issue because I cannot just say, "Buy the parts and build one for around half the price." Because they are a lot harder to find good parts that fit and work with each other.

And because you are not computer savvy, I recommend this computer. Though I hate Hewett Packard and the 1.6 GHz processor seems like a problem. So if you think you are getting a good price, get it.

Overall Nice find. And like Wanderer said, Black Friday is around the corner.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 10:56 pm

ugh, black friday. I'd say the better prices aren't worth the possibility of a wasted trip and personal injury that brings. I looked at the things I know of that matter, and I'd say it should suit your purposes for schoolwork and foruming. It might be able to run a game or two, but might have trouble with more intensive games. then again, it is a laptop. this should be obvious.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeWed 09 Nov 2011, 11:49 pm

It depends what you plan on using the computer for. If it's just for documents and standard web browsing, then that processor should suffice, but higher is probably needed if you want to play games (Stuff like, CoD and such). It's your choice in the end, however. I'd listen to Amon since he's better at explaining it, it seems.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 7:41 pm

I'm more of a console gamer, so it's unlikely I'll be playing anything other than Flash games.

Thanks for the feedback: I'm a complete idiot, and sometimes I feel like I'm getting duped when I ask people at the stores about this, because I always get the feeling they're screwing with me.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 8:00 pm

Shade wrote:
I'm more of a console gamer, so it's unlikely I'll be playing anything other than Flash games.

Thanks for the feedback: I'm a complete idiot, and sometimes I feel like I'm getting duped when I ask people at the stores about this, because I always get the feeling they're screwing with me.
Dude, I know exactly what you mean. It's a conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 8:09 pm

They probably are... That is why we are here, less specifically me, to help other people with their problems that maybe emotional, or technical.

On a side note, you should ask Eo or Patches to move this to the Technical Forum. This topic feels blue with all the sad talk going on in the Emotional Forum. (I know this because it speaks to me, directly to my soul, who confers with my heart, who relays to my brain, who is always sad but sends stuff to my hands anyways. And those hands input on the computer and the computer puts it into the interwebz. Where tiny spiders then put pixels into order and form words that become sentences, which you read with your eyes, and that sends it to your brain, and your brain becomes confused and sends information to your mouth, where you go "Wtf is Amon smoking?" The answer? You will never know.)
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Nov 2011, 12:39 am

I bought this ten year old used laptop from the mechanic that tried to fix my old laptop for a hundred dollars. Works pretty well, but I can't play games.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help A Needy Consumer!!!   Help A Needy Consumer!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help A Needy Consumer!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Help :: Technical Issues-
Jump to: