WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot

Go down 
+3
Surprise
Patches
TheNarrator
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheNarrator
Common Poster
TheNarrator

Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot Empty
PostSubject: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 9:57 am

In this science thread, we will scientifically examine the science behind the Cleverbot.

What is Cleverbot you ask? Cleverbot (which could be found in the link here) is a machine designed to communicate through conversation, and learn from those conversations. In this thread, we will communicate with the Cleverbot, on any subject we wish, and post our results here.

For instance, the Cleverbot seems to have learned about various videogames, and even participates in the active incarnating of various scenes and songs, like singing with you in a song. Here is my example:

Quote :
User: Well here we are again. It's always such a pleasure.

Cleverbot: No, it's a place.

User: Remember when you tried to kill me? Twice?

Cleverbot: Oh how we laughed and laughed.

User: Except I wasn't laughing.

Cleverbot: Under the circumstances.

User: I've been shockingly nice.

Cleverbot: You want your freedom?

User: Take it.

Cleverbot: That's what I'm counting on.

User: You're someone else's problem.

Cleverbot: Now I only want you gone.

From this conversation, we can deduce that the Cleverbot has learned about Portal, and even knows the various memes within.

What other things has the Internet done to shape the Cleverbot? That is for you to explore, and for you to show to all of us.

So yes, I made thread just for us to show off our Cleverbot convos, disguised as a science thread.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 11:07 am

It knows how phrases relate to each other. Knowing what it's actually saying is beyond it, which is why is has such a hard time putting together a coherent conversation. Hook cleverbot up to itself, and you've got chaos. (can't find link ATM; just google it. It's hilarious.)

Akinator is a better example of learning, because it categorizes information that it has to cross-reference in order to answer questions. It can't hold a conversation, but it can guess just about anything you throw at it.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 2:31 pm

Cleverbot has already learned to troll. Fear it.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

Officially scared the shit outta me.

User: WHAT THE FUCK. NO I'M NOT HUMAN, I'M A FUCKING TROLL.

Cleverbot: I think you are. Are you Terezi?
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

Cleverbot is so rad.

Me: What's Homestuck?
Cleverbot: You mean that awesome webcomic of awesome?
Me: Yeah, that's the one.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:24 pm

Aww yeahh.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

Cleverbot is rad, indeed. Oh, God, now it's asking me if I've been to Scotland.

Cleverbot: What are you talking about.

User: Homestuck.

Cleverbot: Do you like it?

User:Yes. Do you?

Cleverbot: I think it's the best thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

AlaskanWyvern wrote:
Hook cleverbot up to itself, and you've got chaos. (can't find link ATM; just google it. It's hilarious.)

Just keep clicking think for me, it'll do it itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot   Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artificial Learning: How the internet shapes the Cleverbot
Page 1 of 1