WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

[HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

[HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:10 am

*The thread says hi back.*

Currently searching for my sheets, they should be on one of those hard drives. Still have no motivation to make them, so unless I find them... I'll just give a brief overall description. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:18 am

That's fine Balu. Character sheets are in my opinon a formality anyway, just a means by which everyone else is given a short preview of your character before you start using it. As OP, you don't even need to bother.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:54 am

Thanks for that. I do appreciate it.

I think I found a way you could help me. I am lacking a large amount of villains other than the main villain. Who, all though she is overwhelming... not exactly a menacing villain.

If you could give me some brilliant ideas for villainous figures? Like a description or something, would be most appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:56 am

I could certainly try, but you realize I must submit at least one obligatory pirate, even if he's a sky pirate dealing in illicit silverware.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:00 am

As long as this pirate is not Johnny Depp, who proceeds to kill people from fangirling or uncomfortableness.

Ok seriously, how do I do that. On the hour exactly. It is like I am programmed to press send in the short time span. Crazy

Last edited by aBrokenPromise on Wed 27 Jun 2012, 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:05 am

No, he's got a hookshot claw hand, and a deplorable hang glider in his back. As a matter of fact, forget the pirate business, this guy could be cool.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:25 am

Sounds... cool.

Do I even want to know how he got a shameful or broken hang glider in his back?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:30 am

Autocucumber happened. But you know what, it's better this way. The hang glider killed several high ranking officials when it accidentally opened and shoved them off the skyboat during a routine ransoming. Thus, it is deplorable, and considered its own, untrust worthy, member of the crew. Rumor has it it's planning a mutiny.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:35 am

That makes sense now. A mutinous and deplorable hang glider is indeed something of predicament.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

Indeed. Never trust the darn things.

I'll get started thinking up actual things tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

Welp. I can't find the sheets. They might be on one of the hard disks I have at my dad's, but I won't be going there till this weekend, and the chances of it being there is rather small. So instead of waiting and not finding it...

I'll start attempting to write a character sheet, which will likely be both humans. I doubt I will finish it, and I will fill the blank spots in IC.

Unless we get some joiners, I'll post the IC sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 12:40 am

Understood commander.

Also, for enemies, some kind of martial tradition that resents magic and it's users. Thy aren't evil, so it's not right fo us to kill them, but how does one set magic to stun? We woul have to find out.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 10:49 am

I like that idea. Bad guys that aren't completely bad they just feel left out or something.

I imagine control over the amount of power one puts into a spell would define it's strength.

A weaker spell would be well weaker. I think the kind of magic words define how the spell interacts, not what it does. The intent would make it do what it does.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:09 am

I'm tempted to ask for an Orcish woman.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 11:43 am

Excellent.

As for your idea Patches, the ability to change the appearance or physical form of your character, could be implemented as a separate element, but I feel it would be better suited as a style or form one uses to use their magic.

Such as how Jedi have many forms of light-saber dueling, a mage would have several forms of magic dueling.

But as I have said before, shape-shifting is bad. So if you are going to go that route, be sure that you are really only making your character stronger, or faster, or some attribute better, and not doing it just for looks.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 12:24 pm

Shape-shifting is boring and cliche, pfft.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

Indeedily.

But trying to be uncliche is so cliche. So in the end, life is cliche.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 6:46 pm

That actually brings up something I wanted to.

How are we "doing" magic? I it Vancian, where by one may cast such a number of spells per day, or is it forulaic, where by one casts spells with components, or is magic a thing inside people, and we use something akin to an MP bar?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

I was going off of something like a Mana bar, but not unlike any of those. Something that I'll call midichlorians for lack of a better name converts energy into a magical unit. Let's call that Qi.

This Qi is released from the body through intense focus or emotion. Magical artifacts such as Enchanted swords, or other things that could have absorbed Qi (Qi is very easy to absorb. So a monks meditation mat, or a the clothing of a bereaved mage. Truly anywhere or anything a mage was or touched for some period of time while focused or in a state of intense emotion.)

Energy can be used from the body, by food or some other form of energy production, but Qi cannot. As such, the body needs to create a fairly large supply in a short amount of time for use in a quick spell.

The number of times a spell can be used in quick succession or how long it can be sustained, or even how long the "cool down" from using a spell is entirely dependent on four things.

These four things are: Emotional state(Focused, enraged, depressed), bodily state(Rested, well fed, tired, injured.), artifact tier(Strong, emotional, weak), and the availability/strength of any of the alignments used.

One may be using a powerful artifact, be in a focused state, well rested and fed, but standing in the driest desert in the world trying to pull a small amount of water from the air. It would work, but it would tax the user, and they would have a fairly long "cool down"

It is like a bar of regenerating fuel that regenerates at a rate determined by those four things.

Other than that I am unsure what you are talking about, if I have not answered your question.

Basically, I am letting you guys decide on your own, and if I have any objections I will refer to this and see if they are justified.

Also: POST 500! That's like half a thousand.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

Alrighty. I was going to go for a more innate magic character myself.

Anyway, we should discuss this order of guys who swear, seriously, hey can handle everything, you stupid wizards.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:49 pm

What should we discuss? An Acronym perhaps? Their goals? How they can go about handling everything?

Their goal could be very broad, like removing magic entirely. Or set up strict boundaries for magic users. Or very precise, start a civil war with magicians vs normals through various calculated attacks who are framed to be wizards.

I bet the group would be a lot like certain religious sects that are secretive, or seclude themselves or whatever, and they would live like men and women did in the Early Renaissance. (Because that is the relative time period.)

As you can probably tell I have a large number of notes for this RP, even though I deleted most of them because my filing system is... well... poor to say the least. Most of this stuff is just too detailed to put into the OP or any of the reserves.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

Is there a major class divide between mages and nonmages?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

Well, in the magicians mind yes. But according to the empire and most other citizens not really. In reality most of the magic users on the Mage council are rich in money and land, but so are many of the richer families of trade empires and powerful business men/ambassadors/governors/etc.

It's about half and half in upper class, and the rest of the magicians are in between that and lower class. Unless they are incompetent or just poor magicians, most magicians have a slight advantage over normal citizens, but there are several drawbacks, like doing something wrong generally lands you in the deep mines at Archeron or working the basalt mines near The King's Pyre.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

Oh, yes, lets make wizards do manual labor, thiis profitable for everyone, and entirely unlikely for the wizard to maybe figure out a way to blow us all up.

But okay, Mages aren't very privilaged, alright. I can still see why an order would hate mages. Warriors peak in their usefulness early, a Wizard can just get smarter and smarter.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

I would say they have anti-magic shackles, but that just seems farfetched now. And it makes perfect sense because otherwise they would just be executed or imprisoned in permafrost.

Among other things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!   [HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk.  *Now with twice the salt! - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HiFan] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. *Now with twice the salt!
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next