WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote

Go down 
+6
Szemetlada
andavocados
Diamondback
ron
some dumb bird
Master of ImpZ
10 posters

Which one?
Remake/reboot of Technological Syngularity/Technological Supreriority
Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_lcap45%Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Remake of Fractured Legacy, now called Shattered Dominion.
Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_lcap0%Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Kingdom Hearts roleplay
Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_lcap18%Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Heroes Never Die
Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_lcap9%Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
Vampire roleplay, trying to go more traditional and unique
Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_lcap27%Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote Empty
PostSubject: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 6:28 am

OK I said I was going to do this, but keep putting it off. This should get more of my attention back here, get me more active here, at least for a few minutes or hours a day, I am not THAT busy to be able to stick around here for a little bit for most days a week.

Anyways, I have wanted to get back into roleplaying. But I have an amazing skill of procrastination, about level 100 or so, capped it out as you can see.

Have several ideas here, so lets just see if any of them seem interesting to you guys.

1: Something Doctor Who-esque. Not a lot of ideas here, something we could work on together. Thinking of an alternate universe where the Time War has not yet happened in it, so there are still Time Lords. But with them, many other races still exist, like the Dalek Empire. Many many possibilities. But, as you can see, certainly not the most original idea out there.

2: Remake of Technological Syngularity, and/or its sequel Technological Superiority. Yes, I can remake both of them at the same time for one roleplay. Time travel+seeing the dark future=Trying to stop it. Heck yeah. Tech Syng is also the only roleplay I have ever made that went all the way to completion, from start to finish. Not Tech Sup though. But not just a remake, but also a reboot of the series, so to speak.

3: Remake/reboot of Fractured Legacy, renamed Shattered Dominion now. The idea behind Shattered Dominion is... Well here let me give you what was in the original.

Quote :
My idea is a generational type of roleplay. What that entails is the world changes through timeskips, as does characters. So you may roleplay as one character, then after a timeskip you play as that characters child, or someone completely new if you want. The world is made by the characters also. So say there is an evil city, and some characters what to destroy it. You can go around to locals in the area to rally support, get them to attack, and now as timeskips go by, that city will be gone, perhaps ruins to explore for a future storyline, or it changes into a necropolis ruled by undead and a powerful lich.

So players have a direct influence on the game world. If there are any questions, please ask.

This brought forth the fictional world of Realm. Realm is a large floating continent of sorts, surrounded by a void. Different races live here, discovering the past of Realm, and fighting one another and themselves. Because long ago, a cataclysm shattered the world, and Realm is one of the few fragments left.

4: I had plans for a Kingdom Hearts roleplay, but I have lost so much momentum on making it now. Like the spark left me. But I will leave this here as well, because I wrote up some of an OP for it way back, so it still exists somewhat.

5: Heroes Never Die. Possibly a different name. Reboot of the first roleplay idea I posted on the Sporum. No one really posted on it. But it could finally have life here. Super power roleplay, some twists and turns I think in it.

6: Possibly, had an idea once or twice on it, for some kind of vampire roleplay. Not Twilight crap. Not like most of the modern crap. Going back into more traditional vampire folklore, as well as some other fiction I quite like with how their vampires work. Could be interesting, could be not. Hit or miss.

If you have any ideas for more specifics on a roleplay idea let me know and I can try and explain. And there we go. Any of these ideas interest any of you guys/gals?

Last edited by Master of ImpZ on Thu 23 Feb 2012, 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
some dumb bird
User
some dumb bird

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 9:25 am

Tech Syn/Sup most definitely.

Shattered Dominion.

Heroes Never Die.

Those would be my selections in order. Glad to see you're ready to commit to one of these again. >:3
Back to top Go down
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

Kingdom hearts rp.

Tech Syng/Sup

Heroes Never Die.

My choices in order.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 1:49 pm

I vote the vampire-esque one.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 2:48 pm

Claudia Strider Pyrope wrote:
Tech Syn/Sup most definitely.

Shattered Dominion.

Heroes Never Die.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 4:48 pm

Tech Syng I'd probably join, and the vampire one interests me as well.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 6:38 pm

Tech Syng/Tech Sup is winning in terms of everyone pretty much wanting it.

Will wait for the time being, but OK. This shall be interesting. And yes I know Dino. :P

Vampire one would be a tad more traditional.

As in, using more of the original folklore. What does that mean?

Sunlight will not kill a vampire. Weaken it, but not kill it. Original vampire folklore never said vampires died in sunlight. They hated the sun, and came out at night, but that was not because the sun was lethal. They are just nocturnal. The whole sunlight killing them thing is actually modern folklore from movies.

Water, any water, will kill a vampire. Building on the holy water and not being able to cross flowing water. So all water is lethal, it burns like acid. So really water reacts how sunlight reacts. Vampires are undead creatures. Water is all about life. It, to me, makes sense to have all water being acidic in some way. Besides, vampires drink blood, blood has water and such in it, so why even drink water then? This was pulled from a vampire fiction I like, Legacy of Kain.

Staking a vampire in the heart is also not lethal, like, they do not turn to dust. Being staked just turns them, to basics, into a corpse. But if the stake is removed, the unlife will return to them. Even if they finally turned into a desiccate corpse from being staked for so long, remove it, and they will come back to the world. Staking them is a good way to stop them, it just can never be removed. Water will no longer burn them once staked. The stake in the heart just removes the unlife from them temporarily, as long as it is in, so they are all intents and purposes a human dead body at that point. Remove it, and bam, they are back.

They can turn into vapor, the vapor takes the form of different animals of the night. This is a mix of vampires turning into vapor, and/or turning into bats/wolves/spiders. On the ground the vapor is much like a wolf or spider, running about on the walls and such. In the air it is like a swarm of vapor bats.

A vampire is merely the beginning. The ancient vampires still exist, known as the Vrykolakas. Large human-bat looking beasts. Vampires now are not always evil, but a Vrykolaka is always a malevolent being. They even feed on other vampires, feeding on their unlife, to fuel their immortality. A vampire is not immortal, but from the feeding of blood, they also, of sorts, feed on lifeforce. Draining something will kill it, taking all the blood AND all the lifeforce. Feeding is what keeps vampires alive so long.

A bite does not turn someone into a vampire. It is a choice. A vampire has to give you the choice, and you have to accept it. So there is no turning you, if you do not want to be a vampire. That is, vampires drain you of all your blood, then put some of their blood into you. Trading of lifeforce and blood, gives them unlife if they accept it. IF they do not accept it, they can fight off the unlife, but they will end up dying.

Vampires can use limited mind control on someone of a weak mind. They can, in turn, force weaker minded individuals into accepting to become a vampire.

Just some different stuff I would do in a vampire roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Feb 2012, 8:23 pm

KH RP

*revs chainsaw*
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 7:37 pm

Vampires or heroes. I don't know the premise of your particular superhero RP but I'm always in for one.

And your appreciation of traditional vampires may endear you to this:

Die Now Or Live FOrever
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 12:01 am

Coolio.

Added poll for ideas people do seem to want. Vote it up to give me more of an idea of what you guys want.
Back to top Go down
Medusa
Refugee
Medusa

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeWed 22 Feb 2012, 4:29 am

Vampires and DW RP, I'm big on traditional vampires, and I would die if I missed a Doctor Who RP.

I'll just leave my Inception RP on the mental shelf for a few more years to simmer.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeThu 23 Feb 2012, 9:32 pm

TechSyng/TechSup is currently winning.

Keep on voting, I want everyone's input in voting and even here posting, see what you guys want.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Feb 2012, 10:57 am

KH, eh. No. I'm a bit of a sucker for superhero RP's but I'm not quite feeling it at the moment. As fun as the vampire one sounds, and as much as I'd like to reuse Victor again, it just seems too generic at the moment. Funnily enough, I'm not in the mood for a dominantly dark mood setting. Shattered Dominion and Technological whatdafuck sounds pretty good.

In Shattered Dominion, does one have to be human? It's perfectly fine if you do or don't. I just hate to see a bunch of furries running back and forth. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Feb 2012, 5:08 pm

Well when we had Shattered Dominion, then called Fractured Legacy, there were three current races in Realm.

The Krugg, a race of toad-like creatures, highly aggressive and voracious, eating anything, even their own. They are currently the eldest race in Realm, being around the longest and committing genocide to at least one race in Realm. Tribal species, but they reproduce fast, so what they lack in intelligence or technology, they make up for in massive numbers. They do not use magic, and even if you found one that could, the most powerful Krugg mage in Realm, it would be parlour tricks at best.

Next you have the Arlorian's. They are closest to what you would call a furry like that. They are large creatures, basically like bipedal mice of sorts. Their race was once entirely destroyed in Realm by the Krugg. Eventually the Arlorian's used a portal from their world to travel to Realm once again, so they are back now. Technologically the most advanced race in Realm now, using a mixture of magic and steampunk/clockpunk-esque technology. They rarely use magic, except the small amount in some of their technology.

Last, you have Humans. Medieval era Humans. However these Humans have magic, and are currently the strongest magic users in Realm, and it is the only thing that has kept the Krugg threat a minimum.They are the newest race to Realm, traveling from Earth to Realm from a magical portal.

There is a fourth race of sorts, known as the Ethereal Ones, with massive power, magic able to warp and manipulate the natural forces of the world, but they do not exist in the normal plane of existence of Realm. They are not gods, immortal, or omnipotent, but still have great power. They rarely step foot into Realm, and when they do it usually does not end well, be it a warning of a coming cataclysm or event, or to the fact of the Ethereal Ones causing the events for some unknown reason. Not a player controlled race though.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 12:02 pm

It looks like the votes are in.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeTue 28 Feb 2012, 9:15 pm

This has really got me interested in a traditional vampire RP now. I'd thought about ti before, but this rekindled my interest. We could broaden what traditions comprised traditional and get succubi, dhampirs, the like.

I'm always up for a modern day vampire RP but that seems too often used. We could channel Castlevania and have something pre 1800s, maybe during the Crusades? Or the Crusades were a cover-up for a vampire attack...

Damnit what am I even writing.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Mar 2012, 10:09 pm

I could help with that if you want. Run this roleplay, and help out with that one if you want. Planning and such.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

I'd be up for it. On the Sporum or on here?
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeSun 04 Mar 2012, 12:38 am

Oh does not matter to me. Just take note I am not as active on the Sporum so you would need to bug me about it and remind me so I do not forget. XD
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 12:15 pm

What did you have in mind? I had a High Fantasy RP a while back that I was considering trying again. There wasn't much in the way of a concrete plot, it was fairly sandbox, but I thought of a way to insert some immortal cannibals in quite nicely. Or, we could do something entirely different if you'd rather.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 2:00 am

Oh it is up to you really.

Like see, the game Infamous had this awesome DLC last Halloween called Blood Festival. I got it, and it was freaking amazing. Which is, vampires thrown into the super power universe of Infamous. Vampires using the main character Cole's blood, which has a gene in it that makes him a Conduit, which further means they have a super power once the gene is unlocked, well anyways his blood is fed to their queen, Bloody Mary. Cole's blood has regenerative powers, and for a vampire, sheesh.

The whole game is playing off the old vampire idea that has been around for a while. Once you are turned into a vampire, there is but one cure. Kill the vampire that turned you. Or kill the vampire that turned that vampire. It works like a chain reaction, so if one vampire goes around and bites fifty people, and each of those vampires turned one each, so you have one hundred vampires, all hundred could be returned to normal if you kill the vampire that started it all.

We could play on that idea perhaps, main characters turned by some powerful vampire, and the idea is if we slay this one, it will free us. But maybe some of us do not want to give up all this power and return to the mortal world, but fight against it instead. Dunno, what would you rather do? Eitherway as long as there are vampires, we can work out specific vampire details there, rather then making a plot to fit the vampires, the vampires for the plot we choose. I think....

Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitimeSat 17 Mar 2012, 4:08 pm

Imp, check your Pm's on the Sporum if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote   Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planning thread time finally: Added a poll please vote
Page 1 of 1