WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!

HomeFAQCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Share | 

Are you new?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:46 pm

Ahhhhhh okay... lol sorry ^-^ lol well i put my old one there anyway lol KING_DCT is KING DCT
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dantheman0801.wordpress.com/
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:48 pm

But yeah. You've unfortunately arrived a little... late, to the party.

People seem less inclined to actually try making anything, it's getting to the point where I might have to just to get something.

But hey, feel free to look around, bump Jac's thing so he's reminded of it, flip through Eo's thing so we have the one other guy needed to shrug and try to start, whatever. Eo is AW. I should mention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 10:58 pm

Yeah i figureed i came to the party late. Anyway who knows could get to rping back up in here again. Or if anyone wants to. We could make a chatzy. Its a good website for chatting and ive used it alot for rping. Forums are great, but i just think they take too long to get a response.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:07 pm

Ha ha, I mostly host tabletop games over skype, myself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:13 pm

Ah okay. Lol well then i guess I'll look around, or something... maybe I can help this place revive or go onto something more....lol idk
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:15 pm

Yeah, yeah. I'm trying to inject life back into here too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JazzTap
User

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:04 am

I've not located / identified Jac's RP, what is it?

I swear I'm making an RP, it's just stuck in the tubes while I work out factions, how much of its mass is superfluous and should thus be cut, and whether I care to write on any given day.

Admittedly, I currently take far too long writing responses on forums. Something to do with their length? Haven't found a better way of writing socially, though. Used to be fond of chat RPs. Might've burned out on them.

I vaguely recall attempts to plan tabletop sessions via the Sporum not panning out. The classic format must have its benefits, though. Less... variable than asynchronous communications.

Hope t' see you around here for at least a little while longer, KING_DCT. Alas, Chaos doesn't look to have been by in awhile, so Ilidia is dead. But there's RPs being developed, and hopefully they'll all be released!

_______________________________________________________________________________________
the density function of the normal distribution
exp(-πx²)
a discrete sampling, up to variance and cutoff
1d6 - 1d6

Δ ◦○◦ й
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Thu 22 Aug 2013, 2:08 am

It's the DemonWorld thing. It's unfortunately not being made progress upon, because I think he's lazy.

If this gets too bad/lasts another month... I have a kind of retro (as in, using 1950's sensibilities) space opera I used to have notes for before my other computer broke down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patches
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Thu 22 Aug 2013, 10:41 am

I could always jumpstart Yami Aku.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
WARNING: I AM UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF
MONSTER ENERGY

Anything posted on this account before 7/14/2012 was actually Snowy.
Having log in problems? E-MAIL me at rpprojecthelp@gmail.com!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rpproject.forumotion.com
JazzTap
User

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Wed 28 Aug 2013, 2:45 am

Am designing a Tengu for use in Yami Aku or Demons' World, whichever comes first, because birds are cool. Need a human charsheet for the former, too. Can probably use a writing sample from harddrive. Not yet sure how to characterize the face and connect the wings, though.

Looks like I'll also need to generate a filled charsheet for my RP to get that ball rolling. Just need to decide whether it should be for an MOC or a canon char.

exp(-πx²)
1d6 - 1d6

Δ ◦○◦ й
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patches
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:20 am

I could incorporate stats if everybody wants me to. I'd need a little help with the system first, but I'm just throwing out the idea if anybody wants to think about it.

MONSTER ENERGY

Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Wed 28 Aug 2013, 12:39 pm

Eh, I'd say kicking Yami Aku back into gear would be cool; it doesn't need stats, though.

Anything posted on this account before 7/14/2012 was actually Patches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Wed 28 Aug 2013, 1:57 pm

And Demon's World, ha.

I mean yeah, post interest there, if we're lucky, Jac will renotice we were totally cool with that happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:15 am

I actually just thought of a cool rp. Could be something good.

Sometime in the far future, technology has advanced to cybertronics and a few futuristic things you might see in the movies. Though, the world is gone to waste as the the Sun has become unstable. Solar flares have been hitting the earth hard and strong and civilians have gone mad from the heat and radiation from the flares, thinking that there is a way off the planet. Off to a more safe place beyond the stars. Though that is not false, a certain group of people have been using what is left of technology to make a space ship to leave this dyeing planet. Though they need a security and salvage team to protect and collect the items needed to make finish off their space project.

And thats what we are. Though we are not soldiers, we are survivors of the wasteland that is the earth. Though we may have wounds, they can be healed by the cybertronics and we can always fight more and more.

So what do you people think?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:26 pm

So the plot is: Things are bad, so we need engineering degrees, and to mine, and also some people need guns?

Fabricating a spaceship would be really in depth, I'll admit.

Might I suggest something more focusing on a "when we get there"? People building a thing, and shooting the insane is an odd premise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Sat 31 Aug 2013, 5:40 pm

Eh mainly it was just about mainly supposed to be about the different characters and cybertronics... I had to idea of solar flares in mind but i didn't know how to go with it. The building a spaceship and leaving the planet was just a thing that i thought up on the spot and it wasn't that great of an idea

We don't need engineering degrees and we don't need to mine. Either way its changeable
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:34 pm

I'm just saying, ordinary people do not build a spaceship out of things they found at the office max. Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Sun 01 Sep 2013, 12:46 pm

Is that going to be KSP: the RP?

Anything posted on this account before 7/14/2012 was actually Patches.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Sun 01 Sep 2013, 11:23 pm

Any ideas on what we are supposed to do in the rp? Though i wanna keep the cybertronics and the solar flares and the decaying world
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 02 Sep 2013, 9:43 am

Well, I don't know. I'm used to cyberpunk at the peak of moral decay, not physical. I mean, I can't think of any real antagonist for such a story, it's hard to wage war on the horrible life giving sun.

And as a minor aside, solar flares would potentially completely ruin sensitive electronics, like your fancy cybernetic arms.

I'm not trying to put the idea down, I looove cyberpunk, I just don't know where to take this either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 02 Sep 2013, 2:38 pm

I know. That is going to be apart of the story, like we have to go inside a protective area to keep our cybertronic bodies working.

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Mon 02 Sep 2013, 3:10 pm

Not much, I'm afraid. As previously stated, I'm better at conventional "corporations run the world now" cyberpunk.

Well, we DO need something to be trying to fight. Survival is a thing, but that doesn't tend to end up roleplaying well. So I guess we'd need to start from the floor up. How technologically advanced is the world? Who runs it? Are the solar flares the actual problem or a coverup? The latter might be the way to make this work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JazzTap
User

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Tue 03 Sep 2013, 12:31 am

I would enjoy seeing a spaceship-building evo game. That doesn't seem to be where this idea is headed, though.

(I'd also like to see or run a creature-evolving evo game where votes change the environment, and the GM adapts the creature accordingly. More likely to generate plausible creatures than manipulating the creature directly. I believe the mechanic's been used in reverse for creature-creating competitions before, but am unfamiliar with the results.)

If everyone has to retreat to shelter regularly, maybe something about intra-shelter social dynamics would be suitable, a la zombie genre. Could throw in different win conditions for different factions - get off-planet, build signal transmitter & survive as pure consciousness, destroy other factions, sacrifice everyone to the sun, - as per a boardgame, and see how the conflict goes.

I imagine a turn-based game to pace faction operations would suit that design - not with Mafia mechanics, but something more constructive, - with RP built up as players narrate actions and perhaps outcomes. Maybe I just want to play a turn-based narrative game, welp.

exp(-πx²)
1d6 - 1d6

Δ ◦○◦ й
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Patches
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Tue 03 Sep 2013, 11:41 am

You KNOW there's going to be that one dick that tries to act like the big boss of the solar shelter, one with a gang and traditional values. Spaceships? Pfft, not on my watch.

MONSTER ENERGY

Back to top Go down
KING DCT
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   Tue 03 Sep 2013, 9:18 pm

That whole factions idea made me think of something, just general what type of character you could be.
Mutant- Maybe the Solar Flares did something to you and it changed you slightly. I don't know how but hey its just an idea.
Regulars- Humans that have no cybertronics or mutations at all. But you have the smarts and something blah blah.
Cybers- Ones who have been taken the worse from the Flares by having to recreate body parts and/or innards with cybertronics and tech. (i sorta somehow see the Cerbertronic advancements as Automail from FMA, just a little more useable.)

I'd think everyone would have to return to the shelter regularly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you new?   

Back to top Go down

Are you new?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: