WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Life in Nowhere OOC

Go down 
+3
brendan
Sadie
Gaius Sulpicia
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

Life in Nowhere OOC Empty
PostSubject: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:35 am

Modern day, middle-of-nowhere suburban America. You take on the role of a high schooler in the local High School (Joanne Mills High) living out your everyday life; the RP takes place on the first day of the new school year. Your goal is to survive, feel life's experience, and deal with teenage melodrama. Get together, break up, try drugs, anything which would apply realistically. There's no real twist; It's simple high school living. Whether you be in the upper echelons or teetering on poor, it's up to you! Remember to wear the school colours; red and green.

Character sheets will contain the following items. Name, sex, sexuality, clique, personality, appearance, grade, interests, academics and hobbies.

Name: Simple enough; Your full name and any nicknames.

Sex: Also simple; your gender. Male, female, hermaphroditic, and everything in between.

Sexuality: Your sexual preference; asexual, pansexual, bisexual, homosexual or heterosexual.

Clique: Here you will put what grouping you belong to. Nerds, goths, jocks, cheerleaders, et cetera. The stereotypical group in which you would most fit.

Personality: How you mingle with others and a sort of backstory if necessary. The emotional level to your character. Some disorders would go here.

Appearance: Piercings, dressing habits, scars, physical structure. Fit, lean, fat, and height along with hair colour.

Grade: Simple; 9th-12th grade. Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, or Senior respectively.

Interests: Music, art, things you like to do or things that fascinate you. Whether it be eldritch tales of madness, magick, being peppy, or webcomics.

Academics: Based on the American system it's A's for the smarter, along with B's and C's for the average, and D's for the strugglers. F's are for those failing quite a few classes. It's also an area to depict which areas of learning you're better at, and those you're bad at.

Hobbies: The things you do; sports, drawing, chess, swimming.. Anything you do that is extra-curricular or non-necessary for school, even if it's a bit mundane.

Bio: For recent debates sake, please edit your sheets to contain a short biography over your character. Past events, status of living (economically), home issues, et cetera. If you are making a new sheet, simply implement these.

Last edited by twinArmageddons on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Name: Maye Tarson.

Sex: Female.

Sexuality: Straight.

Clique: Cheerleader.

Personality: Generally friendly, gets along with people naturally. Although she does have times where she gets a flair for one of the guys and her general mood reduces to drool. For the most part she keeps her schedule very organised, maintaining a tight balance between time for homework, cheerleading practice, and arcade tournaments. As a result she tends to be short with answers, impacting on her conversational skills.

Appearance: One pair ear piercings, rarely used for obvious reasons. Not too much make-up, typical cheerleader hairstyle. Her usual attire is a knee length skirt and loose shirt to keep with the cheerleader outfit. Dark brown hair contrasts with blue eyes for someone who doesn't fail to turn heads.

Grade: 12th, Senior.

Interests: While she is active with the cheerleaders, she prefers to hang around gaming arcades in her spare time. Whether it's retro revival or state of the art control systems, she's there to face off with other champions. But of course she keeps very active with regular gymnastics practise as well as sessions with other cheerleaders.

Academics: Generally B to C.

Hobbies: Retro gaming, gymnastics, making fun of derpy animals.

Last edited by Jokie155 on Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

yes
defs joining because realism do want
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:56 am

Name: Anthony G. Raymond, "Asura"
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Bisexual
Clique: Goth
Personality: Due to trust issues, he only frequently chats up around five or six people. Too make a new friend is almost impossible for him, as he gets rather angry and impatient around others.
Appearance: He's got two stud snake bites, one on either side. Over the veins on his wrist are two large scars from where he attempted cutting himself multiple times, usually covered by his wristbands. He's rather slim; many people confuse him for anorexic when in truth, he just never eats and walks almost everywhere. Of course as a goth he wears mostly black; in his case he prefers leather. Black leather jackets, black jeans, the like. He's decent sized, being 6'0" and weighing about 160 lbs. Also occasionally wears makeup, and has thought often of dressing in drag. His hair is pitch black aside from one red streak going down his fringe. It's just below his shoulder, so thusly not too long, and his eyes are heterochromic. Around his pupils are a circle of dark blue, the rest being an icy blue that could stare someone to death.
Grade: 10th grade Sophomore.
Interests: The occult, the macabre, dark techno, metal, poetry, and of course theology of a more dark persuasion.
Academics: B student. He often gets nagged by his goth friends because of this; he's excellent in English due to his writing style, his grasp of foreign languages are impecabble, the old ways of previous civilizations interest him. Science, math, and anything physical bore him so he tends to be lacking in these classes.
Hobbies: Writing, hanging out in obscure locations, preforming ritualistic magick and a secret desire to swim.
Bio: When he was five his father killed his mother and was swiftly taken to prison. He had no one to care for him except his rather rich grandparents, forcing him to move in to their manor. While at the time scary, he learned to live with it, eventually coming what is labeled as a goth. His family maintains somewhat of a large income, so he's been handed a lot of things in life. But he hates acting rich. He knows where he started; out in an urban landscape with a father more than willing to kill his wife. His grandparents genuinely don't care what he does, so long as he's not destroying too much in his wake. As such he's been trained to do what he feels necessary, and had to build up his own set of morals from literature and tales of heroism.

Last edited by twinArmageddons on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 11:59 am

Name: Todd Riley
Sexuality: Homosexual
Clique: He really just doesn't talk to anyone to be perfectly honest. He will either be alone, or, in some cases he'll talk to you as long as he has a reason to do so or if you start the conversations.
Personality: Well Todd’s a pretty nice guy if you actually took the time to get to know him. Not that many people actually do. He can be rather shy at times, and will no doubt get embarrassed easily and will only get even more embarrassed if he tries and fails to hide it. But if anyone tried to make friends with him, he’d definitely try to be as friendly as possible. He really just wants to be a likeable guy, not bullied like he was before. Which did take a large effect on his self-esteem, which is; you guessed it, incredibly low. He doesn’t even like to be completely himself anymore. Even if he absolutely despises a person, he would still probably be as kind as possible just to be well, liked. He is also quite sensitive due to the verbal abuse he has received in the past, though he definitely tries to hide it as much as possible.
Appearance: Well Todd’s about your average sixteen year old guy height. And because I absolutely suck at heights that’s all I’m going to say on that. His hair is just a little less than shoulder length. Yeah it’s like hard to explain, but it’s not too short or too long. It’s a very dark brown colour; though it isn’t so dark you would get it mixed up with black, though in the light the brown would stick out rather well. His fringe is long enough too hide his eyes, though it is often swept to the side so you can see both eyes. Cause you know, he likes to be able to see. Or rather appear like he can see. It does annoy him whenever people ask ‘Can you even see?’ if his hair is covering his eyes. Because yes of course he can see perfectly well – it isn’t as hard as it looks. Though it is likely if he wants to appear unnoticed, is embarrassed or something of the like, his hair will almost definitely be covering his face.
His eyes are a rather dark green colour, nothing much special about them. All they do for him is see. And he’s like one of those hairless cats. Seriously I can’t even explain this but no beard or anything even grows for him. Just pale skin. Though it does have a small tan here and there, so no he is not going to sparkle for you in the sun. If it weren’t for his height he probably wouldn’t appear anything near the age he is.
He is almost ALWAYS wearing a light blue scarf. It’s really soft and warm and cosy and well everything. Why the hell would you not want to wear it god sakkkeeee. Plus it’s so fashionable and stuff. Or well that’s how he sees it occasionally. His shirt is well, almost completely white aside from the black Space Invader in the middle of it. That game is awesome and nostalgic to him. No he doesn’t play any of your high tech Xbox 360’s and PS3’s. Nope. Stick to our Game boy’s, Arcade Games and all that jazz. 8 Bit games and all. Space Invader is certainly his favourite game, made obvious from his shirt. The sleeves are also short, so yeah you can see his random wristbands a black and blue one on his left arm, one black on his right. His skinny jeans are just dark blue, nothing interesting here unless you have some fetish for skinny jeans. And of course his shoes are candy red. The one thing that DEFINITELY sticks out. He finds them so cool though so why the hell not~
Grade: 11th
Interests: Video games. Old, retro style video games. He just adores them, and finds them much funner than any newer games that have been made. The new one's just don't do it for him, so he sticks to his older ones. He has a huge collection of older games, Pac Man, Space Invader (his favourite) and quite a lot more.
Academics: Um I honestly don't even know what to put here? But Todd's pretty smart, so he's not really failing any of his classes. Basically as long as he doesn't get a grade that's complete shit, it's good enough for him. He's a lot better at music and art, finding those classes to be pretty fun and more interesting for him. He's pretty decent at playing the keyboard, or at least he hopes so.
Hobbies: He really doesn't do much at all outside of school, other than the video games of course. Most of the time he just stays inside and does homeowkr or studies and all those sorts of things. He just isn't sociable enough, nor is he comfortable to be around other people and actually go out and do something.

Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 12:01 pm

Jokie and darkie are accepted.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 12:53 pm

Name: Natalie Harkins, Nat for short.

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Straight

Clique: Kind of a loner, I guess.

Personality: Nat tends to be nervous about interacting with other people. She never talks to people unless they talk first. She often sits alone at lunch at a table nearest the corner of the cafeteria, and goes home without anyone really noticing. She also tends to go with "plain" over "decorated", and her practically bare locker pretty much shows.

Appearance: Natalie is a little shorter than average, and is around 5'5". Her weight is average. She has straight black hair that falls a little past her shoulders, giving a slight contrast with her not-pale-but-not-dark skin. Her eyes are a sort of a dark olive green, and are usually surrounded by light shades of eye make up. The rest of her face is mostly average, though her chin appears to be a little square. She often wears clothing that is dark, baggy, and is modest on showing skin. if she could, she would wear her favorite black hoodie all the time. The one she's had for the past few years and is two sizes to large. Other than the two piercings in both of her earlobes, she does not wear any jewelry.

Grade: Junior (11th Grade)

Interests: Not many people know this, but Nat really likes to be outside. She loves taking hikes through the forest, where there are no people to take away from the beauty of nature. Other interests include crystal collecting, origami, and photography.

Academics: B range.

Hobbies: Because of her nature, she never really does much with these things at school. She did sign up for the school's archery team, and is actually pretty good at it. Other than that, she doesn't belong to any clubs or whatever.

(Honestly, I'm a bit confused about the Hobbies section. How is this different from Interests?)

Last edited by MoonlightDreams on Sat 09 Jun 2012, 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 1:25 pm

Approved, and Interests are the things you LIKE, hobbies are the things you DO.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 1:27 pm

carcinoGeneticist wrote:
Approved, and Interests are the things you LIKE, hobbies are the things you DO.
So how should I fix mine?
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

Just fix the repeats and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 1:45 pm

carcinoGeneticist wrote:
Just fix the repeats and you should be fine.
Done.

What is the school building itself like?
is it new?
What is it made of?
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 2:24 pm

It's rather new, having been renovated. Mostly square halls so.. Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 10:36 pm

Squa! We miss yew!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Jun 2012, 10:43 pm

I may make a sheet for this in future. The last and only realistic RP I was in was Sidewalks, back on the Sporum.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 1:58 am

Aaaaand done. Double post because why not.

Name: Emily Stratford

Sex: Double X

Sexuality: Physiologically heterosexual, obliviously abstinent by
nature. (Asexual, to put it bluntly)

Clique: Loner. To the average person, she may seem a bit of a nerd or a
hipster, but if one belonging to either of those cliques were to examine her
they would refute such a ridiculous notion.

Personality: She has high self-esteem and is generally a quite happy
person, but not (usually) to the point of naivette. Commonly, she is shy,
unless among friends, when she can be quite outspoken. However, the major
factor affecting her personality is whether or not she is wearing a hat, and
what kind it is. No hat? She is quiet and reserved. Golf cap? She is friendly
and outspoken. Fedora? She is composed and speaks when she has something of
intelligence to say. This is all due to her urge to be as unique as humanly
possible, a goal which may potentially spark jealousy. Overall, she can be
anything from quiet, shy and happy to a bit of a know-it-all to a reserved
cynicist.

Appearance: Skinny, not muscular – her build is rather masculine, but
she is not athletic in the slightest. Stands at about 5’7” weighing 105-110 lbs
with light brown hair and green-brown eyes. She wears silver, rectangular
glasses and two wristwatches on her right hand. Clothing-wise, she commonly
wears semi-baggy gray cargo pants, a short-sleeved t-shirt, and a light blue
jacket that she never takes off in public. Whenever she can, she dons one of
her many hats – most often her gray fedora with a black ribbon tied round it.

Grade: 9th

Interests: Her musical tastes can not be confined – she enjoys an
indescribable hodgepodge of classic rock, country, hip hop, rap, classical,
heavy metal, choral, and a variety of other songs, yet almost never two by the
same artist. She enjoys great literature, logic puzzles, learning new things
about the natural world, and likes nothing more than a good story, regardless
of the medium.

Academics: A. Nothing below a 95 is acceptable, and even that is pushing
it. Her preferred subjects are math and science, though she is fantastic in
English as well. The only class she has ever had trouble in is P.E.

Hobbies: She will commonly spend her free time wrapped in a good book,
writing short stories online, or drawing sketches on spare pieces of paper. She
is a member of the school’s academic team, a nation-wide trivia competition
that involves traveling to other schools for semi-weekly tournaments. She has
also signed up for the drama club and science club, the latter of which is not
particularly active but still sounded to her like a pleasant experience
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

And I have improved my sheet somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 4:35 pm

Approved, Mata-tatas.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

Name: James Pierce

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Clique: He most fits in with te nerds, the emos, and the gun nuts.

Personality: He just doesn't like people. He'd much rather stick to himself, listen to music, and play video games than deal with them. As such he has few or no friends. He prefers having fun to doing work, so he'll talk and joke with any of his friends who are available. It's hard for him to even have emotions about people other than negative ones. He tends to stereotype most groups based on any bad experiences.

Appearance: He generally just wears jeans, black vans, and a dark blue hoody, even in hot weather. Under the hoody he wears semi-formal t-shirts. He is white and pale, and he has a bowl cut just long enough to cover his eyes.

Grade: Freshman

Interests: Music, Movies, Some TV, well written books.

Academics: Bs and Cs, due to procrastination.

Hobbies: Legos, Playing with butterfly knives, using throwing knives, writing.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:13 pm

Dear god, this is a high school full of loners.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

MFW representing myself
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2012, 8:50 pm

Gotcha Squa. :3
Back to top Go down
Gaius Sulpicia
Frequent Poster
Gaius Sulpicia

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:20 am

Yeah nick I guess you're approved. MFW these highschoolers are too loner.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:21 am

Well, Maye can be sociable, she just prefers to hang around the cheerleaders and such.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2012, 8:38 am

Thankies Joey. A #keydecision has been made in Catalysts; Nox has a note for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life in Nowhere OOC   Life in Nowhere OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life in Nowhere OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next