WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2014, 5:20 pm

Oh my god. XD
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 19 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm

Happy lovey lasers, mind you. Still, kid's shows back then didn't mess around. >u< D'y'all remember watching that one Looney Tunes where Bugs gets the prospector guy to kill himself with a revolver? Daaark stuff
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun 21 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo what the fuuuuuuuuuuck
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeThu 02 Oct 2014, 11:21 pm

OKAY CHUMPS LISTEN UP so here's what I'm thinkin!

I still like TA II and the people involved right now have great ideas for it, but starting it up is something that will take a large block of time commitment if we want a strong beginning! Actually doing the RPing shouldn't stress our weekly schedules so much.

My plan is to put TA II on hiatus until I have a break from school to work on it with y'all! However, we might need something to keep us all checking this forum until that happens. How would y'all feel about a simple, hop-in RP designed to stimulate creative juices without meriting much commitment? A come-in, read what's there, post and get on with your day type thing? I'm reminded of the "OOC RP" we had on here a while back!

Not gonna lie, I'd love to use that to exercise some of my Space Cat ideas. Maybe y'all could do the same. A testing ground for some of the worlds and characters we've been thinking about for a while but never put on virtual paper, or just something based on freestyle adventure. Okay I'm getting too far ahead of myself. Would y'all participate in something like that, do we even need something like that to bide time until the big ones hit? o:

Also another ROLL CAAAALL GO
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2014, 3:27 pm

HERE
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2014, 3:32 pm

Here.

I am about to get new hours, morning shift. It will be 12 hours but I will get a lot more off days in between, like three days work, two days off, two days work, three days off, staggers and switches like that. So all in all means I will have a lot more time to be here.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2014, 4:32 pm

...Space Cat, what?

But I do have some critters I'd enjoy taking for a run. And naturally, I'm curious what everyone might come up with, if that's what we're capable of in temporary lieu of the main event.

Additional structure would be preferable to a 'random things' context, I think, but I'm only guessing at your hand.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2014, 6:05 pm

To an extent I kind of just want everything to be RP all the time, regardless. Like, even me typing this menial post would somehow involve me doing something I'm not actually doing.

Short example time.

Omni smashes the RPP Chat Thread Club door down for the first in what would become a long line of successive door breakings. This was done in a manner very reminiscent of a certain shaman guild door that had been laid to waste on multiple occasions previous. Then he began to speak.
"To an extent I kind of just want everything to be RP all the time, regardless. Like, even me typing this menial post would somehow involve me doing something I'm not actually doing. Like what I'm doing right now in this very meta post that I'm currently describing while I write it."
Omni then proceeded to sit down in the nearest wooden butt cradle.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2014, 10:12 pm

"Glad to hear it, Imp :D Soon we must discuss the Offspring of the Anonymous, or what-do-you-call-it.

"I guess what I got in mind, JazzTap, is a fixed starting point with a single goal but all the freedom we want in messing around in that world. Like, a "kill the dragon and escape from the dungeon" type thing. Or an "explore the world to find an ancient artifact to defeat the evil bad guy." Something real cheesy like that such that we don't gotta worry about plot too much, only developing our characters, doing cool stuff, and having fun. :P"

Finished, I straightened my clip-on tie and neatly gave the butt-cradle a tip, ejecting Omni onto the dusty floor. "You know these are mahogany," I scolded. "Besides, there's work to do. That was our last reserve door and we don't have any wood left ever since we used it all to build this horde of beautiful butt-cradles!"

With a single dashing movement I threw open the curtain that led into the inner Butt-Cradle Sanctum. They lined the walls from floor to ceiling. Blinking back tears, I forced myself to look away.

"You see? Like this! Exaaactly like this. This post was really fun and took no effort, no planning. It may have been complete junk but... Okay, it was just complete junk, but I'm serious on the 'fun' part!"
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeFri 03 Oct 2014, 11:41 pm

"It seems we will need to cannibalise the butt cradles to build a new door. Or the other option is that we just put a butt cradle in front of the door." Omni mused for a moment over the effectiveness of placing a butt cradle in front of a door, and whether it would be very effective against keeping unwanted assailants out. Not to mention bugs and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2014, 2:10 pm

"Do we need a thread for this?" I asked, pulling out my sewing kit.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 04 Oct 2014, 7:55 pm

Smiling, I decide to join my peers in running roughshod over a heretofore perfectly genteel (i.e. non-RP) section of someone else's forum. Surely they will be understanding.

"Oh, dear. If we can do anything we want, then the question is more 'how ludicrously can we achieve this goal?'. Bring a density-shifter to kill the dragon from inside and exit through the dungeon ceiling. What the hell would any character who's not a density-shifter (or somesuch adventurer) be doing killing a dragon anyways? Motivation is characterization!"

"Just don't test the bounds of the thing! Besides, limitations breed creativity," my superego cries out. "Also, go do your homework."

"But that's most of its advantage over a CRPG. Being an adventurer is one limitation I've had just about enough of, anyhow, though I admit, we could try a different goal. Or more limitations on our characters' powers. Let us kill the dragon with a shovel. Or befriend it without speaking.

"That said, god(s), I'm tired of D&D."

"Then play Star Wars," my id shrugs. "Maybe Shadowrun. Also, you aren't really qualified to use psychology in your works with your nonexistent training, are you? Freud's ideas are probably bunk anyways, and you misrepresent his concept by so much as giving me sapience-"

"Shut up, you're a useful idea and I'm keeping you."

Suddenly tired, I completely ignore the ongoing discussion because it is about chairs.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun 05 Oct 2014, 1:15 pm

"Speaking of D&D, we should definitly do a campaign sometime, it's something I've always wanted to do." I suddenly paused to think about the plotline. "Attack of the butt cradles, I blurt out" I stop again. "That probably has no context, I was thinking of D&D plots, though I'm not very good at is. I've considered converting Chaus Aeterna into one though, I think that'd be pretty cool."
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon 06 Oct 2014, 1:10 pm

"Speaking of the Offspring of the what and the who and the where..." I straighten my bowler hat, giving a twist to my mustache before continuing. "I think I figured out what I wanted to do in regards to the hovspopple going on there, but I fotgotted, I must jump back into the inner recesses of the abyss that is my miiiiiiiiind and remember what I forgot."

I quickly pitterpatted the nearest butt-cradle, an idea coming to fruition. "This is reminding me of a reading of Alice in Wonderland or Adventure Time good fellows, perhaps, or perhats-" I pat my hat chuckling at my unfunny joke. "-We go along something to those lines, all twisty and wobbly giving us limitations but of course, randomness and keeping things to the spectrum of less serious."
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 11:35 am

Jazz does enjoy an understated approach to weird. The kind that nobody seems especially perturbed or preoccupied by. Until something horrible happens, anyways.

She mentions Pathfinder as a slightly less obtuse D&D alternative. If you'd like to have social combat and qualitative statblocks and such, (the Diaspora extension of) Fate also seems pretty good. Memories of Eo's campaigns flash up, and she immediately catches the sads.

Jazz slumps against a wall. "Do elaborate," she urges the others with regard to their current pet projects, in lieu of further splintering matters with her own. "Timetables too, if you can. So that we know what we're looking at."
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

Omni mentioned casually that his only really experience has been with Pathfinder 3.0, so he wouldn't object to that. The problem was that his schedule was too out of sorts all the time to get anything regular. Weekends would be okay if it wasn't for the occasional weekend duty, or homework.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 4:26 pm

"Oh, the weekend homeworks. They burn. I burn."

"Shush, this is what productivity is like," I chide myself. "Who would GM? Can any of us?"

Could we manage a date for, say, this TA II kickoff event? Thanksgiving weekend, perhaps. It's far off, but not endlessly so. It's likely filled with homework, itself, but one hopes not grievously so.

And it'd be something predictable. It's easy to check for posts, but hard to rekindle hope harpoon wayward forumgoers.

(I don't think I'd push as hard if the burden laid on me, not Sze. I shall have to take on what I can, then.)
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 6:07 pm

"I'd GM, honestly I think it'd be kind of fun, especially with the Chaus Aeterna idea, I know a lot about it as it is, and I think it'd be pretty fun. THough it's not something I've done before." I suggest as an option.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 6:57 pm

[[That's not a bad idea Jazz! I believe I'll even be on holiday in Texas that weekend, so I'll have some extra time :D Lemme think on it. That gives us about six weeks...]]
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 7:41 pm

"Post up a thread and I'll take a look, Omni. Heck, post a time and a place - if you don't mind the first session being chargen, - and if I can make it, I'll pop in.

"I've... researched GMing before, despite never ending up doing it. Do you need links to virtual tabletops (Roll20)? Scheduling tools (Doodle)? Do you have any char creation guidelines in mind? Perhaps a few scenes and transitions prepped, unless you plan to improvise?"

((Glad you're considering it, Sze. Just let us know.))
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 8:23 pm

"I'd probably use Roll20 as that's what I'm familiar with. Honestly I'm just not sure I have the time." I frown.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 10:08 pm

"Ah. I am blinded by haste. 'Tis an easy way to do things - and I mean that in the best possible sense, - but not always the most prudent.

"Sorry to press. Is something else to your dissatisfaction?"
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Oct 2014, 11:24 pm

"I've got a lot going on right now, but I'm sure if you gave me time, I could at least get the innerworkings of the details done. The problem with DnD is that you have to think of everything that MIGHT happen and to do that yuou need time to suss everything out."
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Oct 2014, 10:31 am

*Strokes beard*

"I haven't played DnD before but I have wanted to, I knew a few friends online that wanted to start something but they never did, so if you guys do this, think I am in too."

I begin to grumble, annoyed, "Especially if they would just transfer me to my day job already..."
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Oct 2014, 10:03 pm

rolls in

idk what's going on in here but i just got a bunch of pathfinder books so hey that's cool

have no idea what i'm doing with them though so that's uh

that's a thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 34 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 34 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 38 ... 42  Next