WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread

Go down 
+44
Ømnivalence
JazzTap
Master of ImpZ
Mr Allen J
flametitan
GreatSocrates
UrbanEvolution
Szemetlada
Gnd
Tierax
Alietum
KING DCT
LegionOfShadows
Solace Goddark
The Midnight Stalker
Darkel
MoonlightDreams
Wchraemht
Shade
The Illusive Badger
ron
Sadie
TheWhalerus
Tyranzilla
Dinh_AaronMk
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
TheNarrator
€rim
Sylvia van Novaya
Alex
brendan
lUN_Cat16
Surprise
Deoxyspine
RedBalloon
andavocados
Midnightclub
unit111
DrPlatypus
Balu
Diamondback
Rachel
Wanderer
marsh
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
AuthorMessage
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2015, 4:36 pm

Shadowrun, then, but with more overt(ly medieval) social structure. Raiding parties instead of corporate espionage. Evil empires instead of shadowy conspiracies.

Sounds like a vehicle for card-carrying villains / always chaotic evil / black and white morality to me. But all the ingredients are known to work. I feel ambivalence, and conclude that I can work with this, especially writing from the antagonists' perspective maybe. Perhaps I should read Tolkien before I complain about its morality? Alas, no time. As far as I can tell, Bioware and Bethesda pull it off about as well as can be done.

So how will player death be handled, given the increased lethality of bullets and bombs over axes and boiling oil? Will mass civilian casualties be a thing, as per 'modern age', or not, as per 'high fantasy'? (From a quick search, arguments have even been made that Tolkien's battles in part argued against modern, total warfare.)

and hey I still want to start a reverse-timeline RP like I said I would, just, today is bad
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2015, 10:57 pm

Alright, I understand I've said this before - feel free to hate me for it - but I want to stick around. Maybe invite some people over. Even if the forum itself isn't "successful" in the innovative sense, it is still a good clubhouse for our circle if time proves anything.

The modern fantasy sounds great, and I'm getting some ideas for it, but don't want to invest too much into a character without knowing the whole story.

(Unrelated: I want to clean the forum up a bit, but frankly, I'm a bit too amateurish when it comes to web design. Would anybody like to lend a hand? I think I can find a way to lend administrative privileges to whomever is capable and wants to help.)
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2015, 11:12 pm

Do you have any specific ideas of what you would like the forum to look like stylistically?
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2015, 11:13 pm

Modern Fantasy sounds cool. IIRC Eberron would be similar to what the 20's would be if magic powered the industrial revolution instead of coal, but I haven't looked into the setting with great enough detail to confirm or deny that.

d20 Modern also I believe had one alternative form of play that was more modern fantasy, if that'd also help find inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm

Ømnivalence wrote:
Do you have any specific ideas of what you would like the forum to look like stylistically?
I am pretty inept when it comes to being artistic. I have nothing particular in mind. I just think the forum ought to freshen up a little bit. The monotone has been a little drab and, if we're to breathe some life here, we ought to liften it some. I'd just say to use "washed out" colors, not saturated ones, so that we can keep the forum from hurting our eyes too much.

Last edited by Patches on Sun 01 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixing a typo)
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:04 am

Hmmm... I guess I'd prefer to go with the realism of the thing, and enable realistic injuries/deaths, JazzTap! I think that would be best to create a lifelike world. With irresponsible magic use having just as serious consequences as what we could term like, "irresponsible science use," or in other words nuking people just cause you hate 'em. Yeah we'd need to flesh a lotta that stuff out. xD But I'm so willing to do it!

Yeeeah and the reverse time RP, too! That, that I might have more trouble with, but if you wanna spearhead it I'm totally in :P Just whenever you get the time to, is good

For theeeemeeeees... I'm not good with web design, but I can help provide ideas. What if we keep a bit of the old grey, maybe make it a bit darker and mix in one more predominate color of a shade that's agreeable? What's everyone's favorite color? :D
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:15 am

I personally like the grey theme, though a bit more colour never hurts. Perhaps throw some green in to match the icon?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:28 am

Pastel grunge forum.

You know Rosalina's Color Pallette isn't too much of an eyesore. :P
Though in all honesty I think some nice earthy tones with some greens and blues for grass and sky would be really pleasant. Give the forum the air of ADVENTURE that comes with RPPing yknow.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:36 am

Ømnivalence wrote:

Though in all honesty I think some nice earthy tones with some greens and blues for grass and sky would be really pleasant. Give the forum the air of ADVENTURE that comes with RPPing yknow.

I can agree with this, for the most part. However, something's holding me back from wanting the sky-blue, and I don't know what it is. Otherwise, this is probably exactly what we need for a new theme.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:37 am

Well we don't really need the sky blue. It was more of just a little hint of it at the top of the forum thing anyway.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:42 am

That sounds good to me. Small amount of blue, but not too distracting.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:48 am

And the Icons could be stylistic to the genres. So High Fantasy could be like a dwarf or and elf head. Scifi would be like a robot. Actually I'm not sure you can be that specific hmmm.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:50 am

You can make icons for specific uses such as "new posts" and "no new posts", but I'm not sure if you can make icons for specific sections or not.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:55 am

Yeah that's what I thought. Hm.
I'll see what I can come up with for that.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 12:13 pm

Ooooh I like this green with a touch of blue idea! I might be able to contribute arts, but I don't know anything about actually putting the files together into a webpage. xP Maybe we could have a contest for the icons and backgrounds and banners and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 1:40 pm

It's pretty simple Mata. At least on forumotion. It's simply a matter of uploading the images under the correct thing.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 6:52 pm

All of the coding is pretty much done for you. A guy with no arms could make a forumotion forum.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm

What patches said. I'd love to help, but I really have no artistic skills. :c I'd be happy to throw ideas out though. I'm a little familiar with how forummotion works because I was an admin at the Warrior Wolves forum until it's dissipation.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 8:18 pm

Oh hey sweet! Yeah, I'd love to contribute :D Soon as we know what we want...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

Feel free to acquaint yourself with UrbanEvolution. He'll be helping out with forum design and structure and stuff.

This isn't to suggest the opening is closed, of course. Any trustworthy person with reasonable qualification can still get in on it.

Otherwise, if you have any ideas for the forum, feel free to post them and let him know.
Back to top Go down
UrbanEvolution
Licensed Psychopath
UrbanEvolution

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

Patches wrote:
Feel free to acquaint yourself with UrbanEvolution. He'll be helping out with forum design and structure and stuff.

This isn't to suggest the opening is closed, of course. Any trustworthy person with reasonable qualification can still get in on it.

Otherwise, if you have any ideas for the forum, feel free to post them and let him know.

Someone rang?

Hey everyone, I'm the guy Patches just mentioned. Pleasure to meet you all. If you have any ideas or input for the forums dont be a stranger. Please, please, please let me know via PM or over Skype (Because I'm using the excuse of the forum must be driven by it's userbase to disguise my lack of creativity). I dont bite, I promise.

I look forward to working with you all.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm

I feel like I should know you, but I don't. However, nice to see you.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 9:39 pm

It would appear as if this place has rolled back out of the grave from whence it came. Oh well. Might as well make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 9:41 pm

Apparently it's fluttered on and off. I didn't really notice that it did throughout 2014.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm

Really? I didn't know it was "back" until Patches skyped me about it earlier today.

So I hear there are some ideas for roleplays out there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread   RPP Chat Thread - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread
Page 38 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next