WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

[IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

[IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. Empty
PostSubject: [IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.   [IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jul 2012, 11:09 pm

Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk IC. The journey begins... Finally.

The brilliant sun set on the city of Dezrat, a glistening jewel hidden in a wasteland of sand. Cray stood on a balcony on the third story of the Gan's Grimace, a rustic cantina/bar, whatever you want to call it. He wore the clothes of a commoner, but it was only an Illusion, the fools that tried to steal things from him while he wore his standard Mage Robes was innumerable. What did they not get about it. MAGE, fricking magic, he could turn them all into short people with hairy feet, give them some ring, and curse them to carry for some crazy long adventure. He snorted and looked out over the graceful city of sandstone and mud brick buildings, The marketplace which was a couple winding and confusing blocks east, was closing up shops while the last few barters took place. Behind him and on the other side of the building, quite a lot farther than the marketplace was, the sprawling streets of the lower-class and the gangs stood. It's maze of crude homes built like a fortress for the gangs that protected the denizens inside. To the north, the richer part of Dezrat and the closest to the beautiful city gates, stood basking in all its glory as the orange sun set. To the south one could just see the great forests and jungles of the subtropics. But before one could get there, they would have to go through the towns shipping ports, be it by air, land, though not by sea, all things that were shipped from Dezrat went through there. It was the great mailing centre of Intaria. It was also one of the most confusing places of Dezrat, besides the bureaucratic buildings in the centre of the city of course.

Cray though did not think of these places, he thought of the people he met in them. People who he had invited here after the meeting with the Council of Mages a month ago. They were all young people of different talents, but only a few had stayed in his mind. The acceptable ones, the ones he had given the slip of paper that said:

“Dear young person,

Cray, the esteemed Archmage of the Mage council has become interested in having you as an apprentice. Meet him at the Gan's Grimace just after the sun sets on the first day of next week. Thank you for your time and for travelling such a far or short distance.

Halybrim Se Drie Crom
Servant of Cray.”

He had handed them the note himself, in a disguise so he could get to know them a bit. He had come up to them dressed as a commoner and helped them in some inexplicable way. The ensuing adventure was most adventurous, and Cray let them make most of the decisions. Now the adventure, though not entirely staged, was mostly planned by him. He took great joy in creating different scenarios for each of the pupils, and though some were similar in most ways, some were on the verge of being creative.

Cray pushed aside his thoughts for a moment, the past should remain in the past. He opened the heavy wooden door that guarded his room, and went down the stair case to where each of the students sat around a large table in the back room. The room was beyond two windowed doors with leather hinges. Just outside the room, both guarding the room and waiting for Cray, was one of his oldest friends... At least one of the oldest still alive. He ran the Gan's Grimace, and had long ago helped Cray as an informative during the Second Great Dune War.

Cray entered the room, with the man by his side. Everyone in that room had been picked, but now was the time to thin the herd a bit more...

"Good morning everyone. Glad you all got my message. This man here is Hazzim Gregovin, the owner and operator of the Gan's Grimace. Also a very good friend of mine. For those of you that don't know who I am, I am-"

"Archmage Cray." Cray turned his head to the corner of the room, where a young woman he vaguely remembered from before... Who was this strange girl dressed in tattered black robes of a... an Exiled dark-mage?

"Yes, yes, thank you miss for introducing me. Now, I would like you all to introduce your selves... Starting with you!" His command was directed at the young woman.

"I'd rather not, let some one else go first..." Cray narrowed his eyes, how... annoying.

"Very well. You then." He pointed at someone standing around the table that stood in the middle of the room.
Ahhh, That's better.

Last edited by Balufire on Mon 20 Aug 2012, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: [IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.   [IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. I_icon_minitimeWed 18 Jul 2012, 1:43 am

Faerial looked down a bit upon being addressed so immediately. He was rather counting on his small stature to keep from being noticed as there were wierder things here than him. "I uh... I'm Faerial, I'm obviously an Eturian..." he waited a moment, just to gauge any reaction even that would have. Probably someone checking their pockets, before continuing. "I've been kinda practicing magic, and I've mostly had to teach myself because no one unlike myself would teach me, and no Eturian I could find had ever bothered to learn Ptokos like myself..." he kinda rubbed the back of his neck, not really sure what else Cray wanted him to say. He contemplated leaving now, as he'd clearly made a poor first impression.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: [IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.   [IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 1:55 am

Cray rubbed his upper lip and chin, on both of which was a small amount of facial hair. "That is understandable, very much understandable. Eturians are not known for their telling of secrets, or their magic I suppose." He thought on this for a moment, fearing the young man would be offended by this. "Congratulations should go to you for risking a venture to learn an art without being praised." He looked farther back into the crowd to see a Yeealdu snickering.

"You there. Leave. I do not appreciate such thoughts in my presence." This was more a form of intimidation, but the awe-stricken Yeealdu left wide-eyed, probably wondering what the empty head of his was thinking...

"Anyway..." He looked back to the small furry man standing before him. "You have a good spirit, and just by talking to you I can tell you are clever, but lack confidence. Please stand behind me, so I can get a better view of the rest this prospects." He pointed to another.

"You're next."
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: [IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.   [IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 2:12 am

Jeik momentarily panicked; back at home, attention usually meant derision. But this wasn't home. He could totally shake that here, though. People here weren't going to mock him for being... short... His confidence shattered again when he realized he was less than half the height of everyone else here. This was going to suuuuuck.

"Er, I'm..." He paused, the normally high pitch of his voice ringing in his ears. Come on, put up or shut up. If I can karzashit my way through this, maybe I can head off most of it. "Klaena Tzarreth Jeik of the Harroc clan. We don't normally do much with magic, but when the letter came, I didn't hesitate to come."

[i]Was that seriously all you could do!? How did you expect that to go over well at all? You pretty much just walked up and told them your name was Useless McAsshat! Idiot!"
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: [IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.   [IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 6:08 pm

"Excellent, it is very rare for one of your species to be magically gifted. Even more rare to find one that'll admit it. Welcome, you've got a certain thing about you I find compelling, so you may come and stand next him" Cray pointed to the Eturian, slightly behind and off to one side.

He turned back to the young woman dressed in the dark robes. "Now then, you are not first, would you like to explain yourself now?"

She leaned against the wall, her head mostly hidden within the hood of the cloak. All that could be seen of her skin was her face and her forearms. "Sure, might as well." She reached to the hood and pulled it back. She was not memorable, not striking or imposing, a face that could be easily forgot. Her hair was jet black, darker than the abandoned mines at Mount Pyrin.

"I am Sharei, I am an exile of my village. I happened across the news of you needing an Apprentice, and came here to seek you out. Because my talents are frowned upon by most of the ordinary people. Some frown much deeper than others." Her face showed barely a single emotion, perhaps only a smirk when she said 'ordinary people'.

"And what may your talent be?"

"I see dead people. Talk to them too." She said this with a perfectly straight face, a monotonous voice, though you could see the pain and fear of judgement in her eyes. (As well as a groan...)

"Oh I see. Well step over here and we can help you grow your power 'till your village is bragging about you."

"I very much doubt that." She said, then added under her breath, "They'll only hate me more for joining you."

Cray once again turned to the group, now noting that one or two had left... Well, good riddance, an open mind is needed for magyk use.

"You're next I suppose."

(I don't know who else there is...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.   [IC] Dunes of Kraignor:  Dusk.  Pt. 1  Worth every cat. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[IC] Dunes of Kraignor: Dusk. Pt. 1 Worth every cat.
Page 1 of 1