WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Online DnD

Go down 
+11
Dinh_AaronMk
Admiral Ji
MoonlightDreams
Alex
Snowy
Rachel
lUN_Cat16
Diamondback
Sadie
Szemetlada
Patches
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Online DnD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 7:19 pm

Also, I cannot download that PHB. Dumb computers.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 7:30 pm

Okay, so that's 3.5. Then you can get nearly everything you need to get going from d20srd.org.

Point buy is where they give you a certain number of character creation points. Raising stats to a certain number costs a certain number of points, increasing as you go higher (this is before factoring in racial bonuses). Everybody starts with the same number of points, and hence their stats balance out.

Start by making a level one character, then when the level one stuff is done, go ahead and level up to ten.

Here's a proper calculator to use. http://emrilgame.netau.net/Dmstuff/pointbuy.html

Then get the player's handbook here for a description of character creation. http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showthread.php/9580-Dungeons-And-Dragons-3.5-Books-in-PDF-(Links)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 7:47 pm

Ugh, I've already gotten so much of this done. I guess I'll just use the one I have right now for my buddy's game, and do the level one shit for if our game starts up properly.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 07 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

Sorry I took so long to show up to this...

Gnolls in 4e, if you were playing 4e, are in the first monster manual with the other "monster" races.

Pinning down which edition you're playing is the most importan thing here, because thy've often got radically differen rules for this sort of thing. For instace, the earlier edition tell you to roll 3d6s. The 3 and 3.5 tellyou to roll 4d6 remove the lowest. You shouldn't be getting a 20 naturally, but considering you mentioned starting at level 10, I'll assume you also raised your STR somewhere.

I can't vouch for any system 4e, but 4e is the easiest to pick up, people have both insulted this, and paised this, so I not joking, everyone decides this.

For hosting a game online, not play by post, well, I linked you to place in that accidental pm. Otherwise just go to rptools.net, and the maptool will let you simulte a maptool foyourself, and anyone you can get to connect to you. (I use hamachi, so in my experience this is up to 4 players and a dm)
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2012, 12:10 am

The reason some are over 20 is because I thought each stat is supposed to start off as 10, plus racial bonuses, so +4 goes to strength and -2 goes to intellect so you get 14 and 8 respectively. I went by 3.5 rules and rolled 4d6 and dropped the lowest. I don't remember too well what I did, but I'm pretty sure it was within the rules... maybe?

But seeing as how I'm not the DM, nor will I be, I probably shouldn't be making a sheet for this as every DM has their own rules. I'll gladly go with whatever they'll think is easiest for this bunch of noobs.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2012, 4:53 pm

Stats start at ten if you're doing the point buy system. Otherwise no, 10 is just the baseline average. Most adventurers are above average, but as it stands that that blck you posted is super human... er, gnoll, whatever.

The rules from what I recall are 4d6, remove highest, add racial modifiers. More hardcore GMs might make it 3d6, or they might force you to roll stats in order, instead of choosing where they go, but those are the base rules in the 3's. AD&Dwas aays 3d6 assign in order you get.

You also should be able to ball park edition in this method: How are skills done? Percentiles = AD&D, number bonuses that can only go p to 4 at first level = 3's, One takes "training" in a skill for a +5 to it = 4e

Due to the presence of racial stat pentalties, I can tell you that you're not playing 4e.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 08 Aug 2012, 6:22 pm

So basically I should subtract each stat by 10 and I should be more or less where I'm supposed to be?

And yeah, I'm pretty sure I was playing 3.5. Also, how would the point buy system work?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 09 Aug 2012, 2:04 am

All stats start at ten except for one, which starts at 8, and you're given a pool of points determined by the game, and the DM, which youthen spend. Cost per point is 1 initially, and becoms I think the cost of the current modifer in that stat, so trying to get from 16 to 18 would cost 6 points. I believe the one I use uses 22 points to spend between your stats. This gives more of a balance, and you don't get that one guy with straight 16-18's who totally claims he rolled for it.
Back to top Go down
Dinh_AaronMk
User
Dinh_AaronMk

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

Coincidentally, I was informed of this via a Retsutalk...
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 9:25 am

This actually sounds really awesome.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

Alternatively, we don't necessarily have to go by standard D&D rules. I just played through a campaign in which I'm pretty sure the DM was bullshitting everything but it was a really good run and the only problem was that my brother abused the Duel skill and did thousands of damage when he critted. Which was basically every other hit. It was relatively easy to pick up, and I'm stupid so that's really saying something.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 4:58 pm

Can I join in please
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 5:18 pm

Since it sounds like you've got a group together, who's actually in?
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 5:22 pm

i might be!
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 5:47 pm

I'm in if permission is given
Back to top Go down
Alietum
Refugee
Alietum

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 6:35 pm

I shall lend my services to the Quest.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 8:25 pm

I'm going to pass on joining for time purposes, plus Imma start up a campaign IRL anyway and I don't think I'll be able to juggle two and school junk. But have fun.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 9:33 pm

I'm in.

But Osaka, it will be fuuuuuunn! How could you say no to this gorgeous face?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 9:37 pm

And who's running?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:36 pm

Not it.

*touches nose*
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:41 pm

Not me either, because I've got no freaking clue.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:42 pm

nose gooooooooes
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:43 pm

I've no idea how to anything.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 10:52 pm

I sense a predicament.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 15 Aug 2012, 11:21 pm

if you want me to DM

I'll do it maybe

you'll just have to deal with gratuitous amounts of socially unacceptable things
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online DnD   Online DnD - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online DnD
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next