WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DrPlatypus
Refugee

An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING Empty
PostSubject: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 7:18 pm

Death, some said it was the end, others said it was the beginning.

April 3rd 2011

We could never know what happens during and after death, yes we found out chemical reactions that cause some sensations but we just couldn’t figure out what happened. If the religions were all right and the atheists were right too then who truly was? Everyone always argued, but the truth was we would never really know.

But we refused to accept that.

We couldn’t accept not knowing, we couldn’t accept the unknown.

So we formed a team, funded by the government under military classification the project was codenamed “Discovery.”

We started controversial experiments, killing hundreds of animals each day; we were learning a little, but not enough. Soon the government got restless in the project, they wanted to know if they could use whatever we found, and we weren’t finding it. So they forced us to work on humans, we had to kill people, so many people.

After month and countless murders we had an idea, we knew brain function skyrockets for some odd reason when a person dies but we didn’t know why. This was our break; we started building a machine that would force brain function into levels similar to those at the moment of death. We called this machine the gateway. After a year it was done.

We sent in test subjects, they instantly went into a coma, but they didn’t die, they managed to survive. When we looked into their brain activity we couldn’t believe what we were seeing, the levels were getting higher than we could possibly imagine. Nothing we did could have prepared us for this, whatever this spike did it raised human consciousness to a level that was thought impossible.

Soon our own team was trying to get into the machine, we needed people on the other side of that device that understood what was happening. This was everything we wanted, and yet they kept it out of reach. The government was completely overlooking this machines potential, they wanted to use it as a weapon. Me and my coworkers couldn’t stand for that, so we devised a plan to get the machine out of the lab.

Our plan was simple, and it only worked because the gateway happened to look like a piece of art, thanks to several complaints about how uninviting it was. We soon acted like contractors, we started taking it out, and we put a fake in. When it was out of the building it was clear, but we overlooked one key problem. Some of us weren't in Project Discovery for science, and we found this out to our cost. A team member pulled a gun, and held us hostage while he arranged his escape.

He explained how this gateway was a way to contact god, to ascend to heaven on earth. He was soon rambling about gods and how this would allow the world to become truly divine. We tried to calm him but he was impossible to sway, his beliefs had clouded his judgment. So he made away with the gate, it would be a year and countless murders before we got to the gate again.

July 5th 2014

There it was… The gate was finally in our hands, well my hands really. Everyone went their path, some lost hope and other were hunted and killed by the government, and I have decided to lock the gate away. After I, and a trusted member of a local crime family managed to move it into a shipping crate, and then we locked the door with more locks then you would ever see on one of these, and destroyed all the keys. As I watched the crate be loaded onto a privately owned ship I wondered what happened to those test subjects, and what the gate truly was.

I thought to myself, its time to let go. I am going into hiding and that gate is to be dropped into the ocean.

January 7 2016 England

It was a cold night, raining but manageable. Still tonight Dave and me were going to raid some shipping containers, we might earn a pretty penny, maybe even enough to buy dinner. When we were looking for one to raid we came across one sitting at the very end of the shipping yard, rusted and old, almost like it was in the ocean. We thought this one looked weaker than the others so we decided to smash the lock; turns out there were quite a few locks. After some time smashing the lock and cutting them with a saw we got in, but to our surprise all that was in there was a large silver gate. We thought it was a waste of time but took that silly little gate anyway, could use it in the garden.

Dave and me were in the forest dumping the gate so not to get caught, i didn't want stole goods in the garden anyway. We then noticed a switch on it, a kind of sliding block of black metal, no clear indication of on and off but it was an interesting thing. Dave hit it while I stood back a ways, afraid it might do something. My fears were right, it turned out, as a large bang was heard, and the gate created a small white barrier in it. I was astonished but when Dave got closer he touched the white barrier, and he fell, I ran to him but when I grabbed him I too touched the gate and then everything went white. I wasn’t sure where I was or what I was seeing, but it was unlike anything I had ever seen before.

The complexity of this place was incredible. It seemed like an infinite plane, and in the distance I saw a city. As I walked towards the city this world became more perceivable, an infinite white area with a single massive city in the center, as I approached the city its very majesty struck me. But something was wrong, there were no people here. For about an hour I walked, not seeing another soul, until I saw a figure, and when I caught up to him it was Dave.

As we entered the city we finally noticed people, millions and millions of people. This city was made of levels, infinite levels going up and down, or just going because everything was really infinite here. It was so strange, I was so caught up in accepting it that I forgot about my home, I could only focus on the now. But something wasn’t right here; some people here were just… Wrong.

After a week here I knew what was happening, everyone lived here in fear, at the base level there was a being that had once created this plane, but this being had come to be corrupted, and the entire plan was changing. Some people said it was his choice, others said someone came in without taking the last step as they called it. It turns out we didn’t take this step… We didn’t die.

The plane was becoming bigger, and people were attacking others in the street, this glorious place was becoming a wasteland. Outside of the city it stated to become actual things, not the plane it had once been, it started to become dark red ground with large blackened spikes protruding from it.

Soon the city was in chaos, people were fighting in a world that was supposed to be void of violence. Horrible creatures were appearing on the plane, and soon more people started coming that didn’t take the final step, and these people soon had a name. The Stepless. Some said there was a way to return to the earth, to escape the madness, but I don’t think any of us believe that now.

We remain here, in worsening conditions. Daily there is more violence, more outrages.

More Stepless.

The Basics

To clear anything up you will start by finding the gate in the forest, you will accidentally touch it and become unconscious. Now if your afraid your body will die don't be, every 100 years on the plane is second on earth, so you shouldn't have anything to worry about, yet. Now you'll arrive just after things go wrong, you'll be on the corrupted area of plane near the city when you arrive and will have to make your way to the city. This is a task made difficult by the corrupted creatures on the plane, for now you'll have to guess what they are. On another note once you enter the city you can do whatever you wish, if you want to help the corrupted creator or help bring his demise, or if you just want to walk around loot stuff and kill people. Honestly the main focus should be discovering a way to uncorrupt the creator, or bring about the corruption of the entire plane.

You

Your person is just another person on the plane, however since you are not dead you have the power to corrupt and uncorrupt the people already there. The only person you cannot uncorrupt is the creator and his guards, them along with other players. You are the same person though, unless you get corrupted of course.

Sheets

Name:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:
Link to previous literate RP:

Rules

1. The general rules of RPing, no Gmods, No PPing and just the most basic things.
2. You cannot kill others characters without their, or OPs permission.
3. You cannot corrupt or uncorrupt other players with their permission.

Last edited by DrPlatypus on Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 9:19 pm

School's throwing books at me, but this looks interesting and I will fill out a sheet whenever I can. :3

How would one corrupt or de-corrupt an inhabitant of the plane?
Back to top Go down
DrPlatypus
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

I would assume you would have to kidnap then and then do it to them in a secret place by um, doing it.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 9:41 pm

Doing what?
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 9:56 pm

MataRahi wrote:
Doing what?
He means having secks.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 9:58 pm

Oh.

Why does that corrupt / de-corrupt them? o:
Back to top Go down
DrPlatypus
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:20 pm

Its just somethign you can do, and i assume a player can do it by any method they choose.

And is Fleenok still the LOL NOOB i remember him as, or just a troll trolling my thread.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:29 pm

Any method you choose? So you can just like, poke them and they're (de-)corrupted?
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:37 pm

DrPlatypus wrote:
Its just somethign you can do, and i assume a player can do it by any method they choose.

And is Fleenok still the LOL NOOB i remember him as, or just a troll trolling my thread.
Sorry, I assumed what you meant by "Do it."
Won't happen again/
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 10:54 pm

*insert image of Femata poking shadowy figure, stepping back in surprise as shadow burns off to reveal cute bunny*
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
DrPlatypus
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 11:01 pm

Well it cant be easy and if you do it in public while cant wait until you get killed.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Aug 2012, 11:11 pm

I will joiin this tomorrow, fo sho.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeSun 19 Aug 2012, 4:57 pm

Sheet time. Notify me if anything needs clearing up.

Name: January Clements

Appearance: January stands at an unremarkable 5’6”. Her face is dotted with freckles on both cheeks, and otherwise is quite smooth, if a bit compact. She has soft green eyes, but wears a red-orange contact in her left. Her skin is lightly tanned.

January has refused to have her long, brown hair cut ever since a young age, and will not put it up in a ponytail, bun, pigtails, or any other manner of ’do. Instead, she dyes the fringe every color she can get her hands on (though never too many hues at once), which urges her hair to resemble something of a rainbow when it is twirled in just the right way.

Her obsession with colors is reflected in not only January’s hair, but her choice of clothing. She commonly wears cargo pants with a sleeveless shirt that was her late older brother’s, along with a light blue half-jacket. Any stitch, rip, or tear in her clothing has been met with the application of a brightly-colored patch, and January takes special delight in modifying apparel to boast an excessive number of pockets, each a different color. The resulting apocalypse of fabric would undoubtedly look ugly on just about anyone else.

Her build is light, and at first glance – especially with her baggy clothes – January does not appear to have a gender.

Jewelry-wise, she takes delight in possessing an assortment of cheap and hackjob rings and necklaces. From iron nuts to the tips of broken bottlenecks and everything in between, there is simply no handheld item that January could not polish up and string on her neck or finger. Most of these treasures are kept safe at home, but she takes quite a few of them with her each day, interchanging them often. One item that she never removes is her medicine bag, which hangs around her neck and contains a small block of salt, one of the most precious minerals (in her opinion).

Personality: In short, January is the sort of quirky person that you’d always expect to exist, but never expect to meet. She could easily be the ‘they’ in ‘that’s what they say,’ and never seems to act in exactly the same way twice. Her speech is quick and she doesn’t often like to stay on the same conversational topic for very long.

If she could ever be described, it would be with the words eccentric, social, and kind. She can be very intelligent, yet simultaneously seems to exhibit not a scrap of common sense. She is a gossip, an artist, a philosopher, and any other word the dictionary may throw at you. January seems to be a magnet for accidents, yet still manages to proceed with infuriating optimism. She can be forgetful, and indeed, seems to remember only the very LEAST important things.

Her laugh is both intolerably annoying and delightfully charming. Many people either like January quite a lot or loathe her intensely.

Bio: Her parents ran a coffee shop in a part of town that perhaps could’ve been better. January grew up in the friendly shadow of her older brother September (each child named for the other’s month of birth; either their parents were philosophical genii, or uncreative precognitives). They helped their mom and dad in the shop when not in school, and rarely fought, though they could not have been more different. She was a social weirdo, he was an average loner.

After their parents died, Jan and Sep took over the shop, though the latter passed away not long after from injuries contracted after a PCP overdose. January, seeing that the event had been private, that her brother had no real outside connections, and not wanting to bother with legalities, buried him in the basement and signed no death papers. The ethics of this move did not quite bother her; she knows she loves her brother very much, and she doesn’t have to prove it to anyone. She continues to pay his taxes each year, and as far as the law’s knowledge is concerned, September Jacob Clements is a live man who just doesn’t come out very often. January grows vines on his homemade gravestone.

To this day, she runs the shop by herself, and only stays in business because of her charm in the eyes of her customers. She has little experience with violence, though was never particularly sheltered.

Bio: Her parents ran a coffee shop in a part of town that perhaps could’ve been better. January grew up in the friendly shadow of her older brother September (each child named for the other’s month of birth; either their parents were philosophical genii, or uncreative precognitives). They helped their mom and dad in the shop when not in school, and rarely fought, though they could not have been more different. She was a social weirdo, he was an average loner.

After their parents died, Jan and Sep took over the shop, though the latter passed away not long after from injuries contracted after a PCP overdose. January, seeing that the event had been private, that her brother had no real outside connections, and not wanting to bother with legalities, buried him in the basement and signed no death papers. The ethics of this move did not quite bother her; she knows she loves her brother very much, and she doesn’t have to prove it to anyone. She continues to pay his taxes each year, and as far as the law’s knowledge is concerned, September Jacob Clements is a live man who just doesn’t come out very often. January grows vines on his homemade gravestone.

To this day, she runs the shop by herself, and only stays in business because of her charm in the eyes of her customers. She has little experience in violence, though was never particularly sheltered.

Other: In her arsenal of pockets, January may keep a compass, batteries, rubber bands, staples, staplers, staple removers, broken cell phone parts, a calculator, pens, pencils, erasers, several wristwatches, never-before-used hairpins, wrenches, post-its, scotch tape, broken glass, and a pocket journal (though not all at once! How much that would weigh her down, carrying all that around. Honestly.)

Link to previous literate RP: [url] https://rpproject.rpg-board.net/t344-the-fouract-one-the-blood-drenched-plateau[/url]
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug 2012, 6:14 pm

Oh my...this looks so good :3 But school...Oh whatever I'll look into making a sheet~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING   An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Old RP Reborn -The Stepless- OOC/PLANNING
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: