WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)

Go down 
+6
Balu
Midnightclub
unit111
Rachel
Diamondback
Wanderer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

High Priestess
"Welcome, Goddess of the Wind. Aerin told me to expect you." She bowed. She could care less that the God had entered the Sacred Altar, though her Priests and Priestesses look like they would explode. Nor did she care that the God sat upon the Sacred SkyStone of Aerin. Funny, the Aeros did not have much imagination naming things, sky this, sky that... "Why is it that you grace this city with a visit?" She already knew the answer, but Gods liked to act like they knew everything.

She conferred with Aerin through thought, "She is here, master of thing's unseen. Just like you said."

Like usual he did not come the way other's did... He came through an invisible portal and lowered himself onto the floor.

Talor
Talor came in a moment later, concern on his face, fear that they were being attacked by the metal child. He had brought a compliment of guards, though only a half score, and told them to wait outside. He saw the Priestess speaking with the child, and figured she would take care of it. So he went to calm himself with a short prayer. And as Aerin appeared, Talor knew this was no child. This was the revered Wind God, probably discussing why Aerin had built this great civilization in the her sacred skies.

Aerin
Before he had teleported into the High Temple Palace, he had flown from the Goblin, whose motives were... too just for Aerin's taste. "Usurper, Indeed..." He chortled.

He opened his portal, teleporting into the massive Temple room. The Child Goddess, as she was known for her age, He himself a god long forgotten, and only recently awakened, conferred. "You are right... It is Shoddy, but I doubt that it matters, this is a cloud made of stone." He said. Below his giant stature, the girl sat upon the Creation Stone. The lone stone He had used to create the land in the sky. He waited for the Girl to answer his mortal counterparts question. Yes, yes, why is it you have come, gifted child of the air?
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 3:20 am

Ventus

“Hmm… Stone. It falls, it hangs, sometimes floats but no matter what it does or what it’s made of eventually both wind and water sweep it away to be remade as something else somewhere else.” Ventus said with a sigh. Ventus then stared intently at the High Priestess who was frowning at her. “Dear, dear, you don’t actually know what wind is do you?” She asked the woman who merely shook her head dumbly. “Well its ten miles in that direction.” Ventus gestured all around. “The most fickle force on the planet.” Ventus said that with a little pride as well and unbeknownst to both Aerin and the High Priestess the Storm Winds warmed up a little with that statement as well.

Ventus looked at the Priestess again, not saying anything and it was not long before the woman stared to look nervous and glanced repeatedly at Aerin.
“You know why you think I’m here. Stop playing this game.” She said sternly and the Priestess jumped with fright. Then she turned to Aerin to chide him, “Honestly Aerin, why do you have them play this game? Is it because this woman is the only one who can hear and see you? I could list a large number of flaws in that but I won’t. She’s already angered the Dwarves by seeking help from Satan’s newest toy, he is really boring by the way so don’t go to Damnation you’ll die again of boredom.” Ventus trailed off talking about how boring Satan when the High Priestess coughed uncomfortably, not sure what to make of this supposed Goddess who was nothing like Aerin. She earned a steely glare from Ventus for that cough and she was quickly cowed back into submission.

“You know…” Ventus said in a more casual tone, “This is exactly why I have no desire to try and learn how to create mortals.” Addressing the statement at Aerin. Ventus guessed by now that both Aerin and to some extent his favoured Priestess must have realised that she knew what game they were still playing. She stretched and yawned, sticking a little foot out in front of the High Priestess’ face.

“I’m still undecided as to whether I should let the Winds tear this place apart and cast it down to the Earth itself. Though… Father may be angry if I litter his landscape with my rubbish so perhaps into the Sea instead. Maybe you two can help persuade me one way or the other.” Ventus gestured at the High Priestess and Talor who looked up in surprise. Ventus ignored Aerin now.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

High Priestess
"It is true, that I am the only one who can hear him, and the only mortal who can see his true form. The sky may be your domain, but the sky only goes so high. You yourself may wonder what is beyond that, but My Master knows. My master tells me even now that he will never allow us to be destroyed, If we fall into the ocean, we will not drown; if we fall to the earth, we will not crumble; If the winds tear us apart, he will take us where even your winds cannot reach; which ever way we are attacked, we will prevail." The high priestess spieled. Talor was too nervous to speak; as was she but, with the God's strength, She grew courage. "You are limited by air. My master is limited by knowledge. Knowledge is infinite, air is not."

Aerin, rolled his eyes with fake annoyance. This Insolent child intrigues me. She is fiesty. But a bit too young for my tastes... This was the priestess's turn to roll her eyes, but with real annoyance. She looked at Talor, still frozen in fear that his beautiful city could be destroyed. She could not believe his ignorance toward their God.

Aerin spoke. "You can ignore me all you wish child, but there truly are places the wind will not blow, gust, or even breeze. Not even you have the power to create a wind in some of the places."

The High priestess looked once again at the Child sitting on the stone. "Satan's pawn is of no consequence, for even Satan is a pawn in a greater game. This is what my Master shares with me." At last the Priestess sighed, "Do what you wish Goddess, I am not one to tell a god what she can and can not do. But know, that every decision has an effect, but they all lead to the same ending." Justified she bowed to the Goddess.

Aerin
Aerin knew what he would have to do. And he was not bluffing about the places where not even the blew. He did not doubt the goddess knew where they were, but did she think he knew. He was actually hoping she threw the island into the ocean. There he could hide it, deep beneath the waves, deeper than light would go, in his realm where the Giant Squid waits for it's day, where crabs bigger than a man wander the ocean floor, where fish must grow lights. Deep in the murky depths they would hide if it came to it. "What will be, will be."

Talor
MY BEAUTIFUL CITY!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOO I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS DEMON TO DESTROY IT! I MUST DO SOMETHING!!! But he was paralyzed and did not move, did not speak, did not even blink.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 11:41 pm

A god awoke. In truth he awoke some time ago, as the first meteors crashed into the earth. But his whim did not permit him to leave his rest. He spent some time thinking, and some time creating, though he destroyed what he made. at last he decided it was time for him to "awaken", and so he rose from his slumber at a shoreline. His form, for he chose to cloak himself in a form, was created of rock and sand, grasses and trees, water and ice, for he awoke far to the north, and air and clouds, all mixed together into the form of a man. He stood at 10 feet tall, and was a sight to behold. His left arm flowed from sand to water, while his left flowed from rock to ice. his legs were of dirt, and grass, and trees, while his torso was all the former twisted together, and a strangely discolored patch of air seemingly held in place at the center of his chest. His head was clearly shaped from cloud.

The lord of borders looked around. He would need followers, of course, but what to make them of? he could make them of rock, or air, or water, but he sensed this would place them under the dominion of another. Fire, too, and plants simply did not seem fitting. And so he decided that decision could wait until later, and took to the air, floating in exactly the way a brick does not.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Ventus

Ventus looked blankly at the Priestess for a bit as the woman’s “little” smile at her believed triumph grew larger and larger until it was very obvious.

“Solar Winds.” Ventus stated simply and the Priestess blinked and then paled as she siphoned off that knowledge from Aerin. Ventus carried on looking at the Priestess before finally shaking her head sadly and turning back to Aerin. “I do not create Winds, Breezes or Gusts. They are born from each other and by themselves or by sources of power greater than the comprehension of many mortals, not a hard feat in some cases.” Ventus looked briefly at the Priestess who was beginning to turn green as she began to receive that knowledge from Aerin as well, sometimes a system like that wasn’t helpful.

“Ah Aerin. Great Games, Great Games… How much do you like Games? Games are good fun, plenty of ways to make them interesting…” Ventus paused before continuing, “Such as changing the rules.”
Ventus hopped back onto the stone and smiled in a fickle manner at the Priestess.

“I’ll leave the place be. It’s interesting. Though next time, do ask. Also, there will remain no winds or clouds here as I do believe they’d quickly sweep every living thing out of this place since nothing here has encountered the wind before, apart from your far travelling courier ships. Then she put her hand on the spear and it changed, the plates shifting and flowing as dark interior workings shifted and flowed until it finally resembled a two-handed crossbow though lighter than any one that had ever been made and stronger as well. What it fired were bolts of liquid metal which solidified upon piercing a substance. She tossed the crossbow at Talor who jumped as it landed in his lap.
“That should make you feel braver.” She said simply looking at him with a slight friendly look. “I may not know everything Aerin but the Winds, the Sky and Technology. I know those.” Finally she smiled fully, “And I hear Deep Space is a lovely place Aerin.”
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 4:57 pm

Aerin
Aerin did not share everything with the Priestess. No mortal could hold that much information at one time... Which made her weak in a way. Sadly he could do nothing about that part. I warned you, not to mess with her. But he knew of the two places there was no wind, and nothing ever changed it. Doldrums for one, and deep underground, but he kept that to himself, no use pumping the Priestess's already high Ego up. "Indeed a game is much more interesting that way. But when you play both sides... Oh and yes, Deep space is Beautiful, I could you know." He mouthed the beginning of 'Take you there', but then stopped, "Nevermind." And with that he Disappeared through his invisible portal, and came out in his underwater palace.

Priestess
It's here turn to be speechless, not because she just got major burned, or because Aerin had just hit on this little girl, but pretty much both... She turned and walked out of the temple. Her pride burned, her trust in Aerin gone, and all of it replaced with a strong feeling of Hate in the God's

((Yes people, this is what I have been waiting to do.))

Talor
Oh who am I kidding he is Speechless to, but because of the awesome crossbow. He studied the device, though he was no scientist, he had no Idea how it worked. Ow how the Sky whales would fear him. He could- No, he wouldn't harm another living being. He swore he would protect all things living from harm even the smallest Sky-Krill. No. He could not break that promise. No one could break a promise that powerful.
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:55 pm

There was the sound of bells as Michael ran off to the next task. The warrior, who had become much smaller in his shell, sat back on a white, fluffy reclining chair. He watched Michael as if watching some sort of televized event, complete with commentators and everything. He grabbed the air next to his cair and recieved a mug of ale. "Let's see how well this kid does!"
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:17 pm

As the Lord of Borders made his way through the sky, examining the world below him, he became aware of the creation of another. He looked upon it, and wondered at the reason for it's creation. A city floating in the sky? and made of.. some form of odd clouds? it seems some of my kin are not without creativity, to be sure... however, despite his reflection and momentary interest, he continued on, egged on by the feeling that events were already astir below, and his presence would serve either to desecrate a border soon to be found, one between peace and war, it would seem, or smooth it over, and make the joy of it's creation and destruction less. And so on he flew, leaving some part of himself behind, to observe events.
Back to top Go down
RedBalloon
Refugee
RedBalloon

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:34 pm

Meanwhile, at the newly built "Scholarmance"'s inhabitants were busying themselves. Homes were being claimed, rooms were being explored, and one amany scholars had their noses (or snouts, depending on the said scholar's species) buried into the pages of books. Inspiration and knowledge flooded the scholar's senses and minds.

The thick, confusing tangle of trees that surrounded Scholarmance was named "The Wayless Wood", as a small reference that was derived from a certain book in the extensive library.

Lucania watched as her people began to grow--and as she grew with them.

Last edited by RedBalloon on Thu 27 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 6:37 am

Ventus

She smiled wryly as she watched the Priestess storm out of the temple. So Aerin had been about to offer to take her to Deep Space. She’d have to remember that for next time they met, another interesting occurrence. That priestess looked like she’d cause trouble later.
“Aerin, Aerin, you dug a hole when you gave her alone the ability.” She murmured to herself. Then she began to leave the temple as well, a certain Goblin was waiting on top of a very wet and muddy mountain.
“Remember, if you ever need help just call.” She said to Talor as she walked past him, he was still staring in wonder at the crossbow but a sense of resolve seemed to be passing across his face. “And don’t let this place drop out of the sky without warning me first. I do dislike terrible shocks like that.”
With that Ventus left and dropped off the edge of Cloud Tops, much to the shock of several nearby Aeros who thought a child had fallen to her death, or was in the process of doing so anyway. They were shocked more when her dive was cut short when her massive, metal and mechanical wings spread out in a strange, fragmented pattern to break it and she swooped off, heading rapidly towards Tlorak who was waiting patiently for her arrival.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 7:24 pm

Hydraeus awoke from his long slumber in the depths of the sea. He turned to his second greatest work, the poles, and saw they were uninhabited. He created a race like the humans, but stockier. They would eat the polar fish, and use seal pelts for clothes. These he called the icemen.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 11:29 am

The Eternal Library in Paradise ruffled. A stream of books flowed through the air as if there was an a current in a specific direction. Books flew through the Eternal Library, and came across a clearing, with a round mat was set on the floor with bookcases surrounding it in a circle. As the books reached their destination, they stopped. Without warning, the books suddenly exploded and shredded themselves. Despite the given rules of being unable to destroy in paradise, this was not destroying.

This was creating.

The will of a God created himself by his sheer will, with a body of paper and ink. Ink coursed through the inside of his body like blood, and the paper created the outer shell and took the form of a human. A bald 6'5" man form with pointed fingers - lacking ears, eyes, and a mouth however. Genitals and reproductive organs were unnecessary in this form. Now all he had to do was name himself...

Sanguine. Sanguine Atramentum. Most Gods felt no need for a last name, but why - why the lack of formality? Over the course of dimensions, he sensed a gathering of Gods, and the ever growing life and turmoil on a mortal planet. The Gods... why were they so disgusting? Using the home of many as their own little playground. He would cast his position aside as a God and join the mortals down below if it didn't mean killing himself - using his power to create this form, and then banishing it, he would be reduced to nothing but a pile of scraps...

In an instant, his body broke apart turned into what seemed like paper butterflies, fluttering off, and soon vanishing. Leaving nothing proving his existence on paradise but a drop of ink. He joined the mortal world below and shared the power of literacy. All creatures had some form of records, books, hieroglyphs, whatever they use to spread knowledge and wisdom. All creatures had this... without even knowing they never had it to begin with. It blended in with their daily lives as if it has been there all along. The number of Gods on this planet was impressive, and no doubt hid themselves amongst the planet's inhabitants. Perhaps... he should blend in as well.

On the Northernmost pole, he layed there, waiting. Not in his form, but in the form... of a book. The pages were parchment and the cover had strong black binding with gold labeling on the front, "The Atramentum". No matter how hard one tried, it could not be destroyed. The pages were empty and if one tried writing in them, their words would disappear.

And the God Sanguine himself, would respond.

The story of Sanguine Atramentum has begun.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
RedBalloon
Refugee
RedBalloon

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 5:20 pm

Thousands of miles away, Lucania strolled through Scholarmance's extensive library. Shelves towered over their users, and books filled the gargantuan hall. She scoured the shelves, searching apprehensively for a book to sate her hunger of reading. Of course, she could have simply called out what she searched for, and the right text would flash into her mind, but she wished to do it the physical way.

Large tomes, thin pamphlets, and everything in between filled the library, and kept one amany eager readers happy. The library had this gentle, warm ambiance to it. Scholars lounged in chairs or murmured softly to each other. The flip of a page, or the thump of a closing book was therapy to Lucania's troubled mind. She searched for a book not only to read, but to give her inspiration. She knew not what her next step to advance Scholarmance would be.

She glided over to the "UNNAPROVED" book pile. Many new additions to the library were situated here. Gravitating towards the pile, Lucania felt a faint, chilly breeze. It was not the wind, there were few drafts in Scholarmance. No, something was speaking to her. Whatever "IT" was, she felt it hum, hum with energy. She could feel the whispering of the voice, the mind, that had created what she was feeling. She drew closer and closer 'till she felt what had attracted her attention. It was a crudely bound book, with thin leather and thread to hold it together. Immensely curious, she carefully plucked it from its place in the UNNAPROVED pile and slowly opened it.

The words on the pages drew her into a fantastical story. They sucked her in, and she could envision what the author had been seeing. The words had a child-like innocence to them, yet they spun such depthful tales. Of course, the story could use work, but nevertheless it was amazing in its present state.

She flipped back to the front, her gaze searching for a name. "Ray Grant, 7, and Suzie Grant, 6,". Though not surprised, Lucania was pleasantly refreshed to see such promising young authors. She would have to find them, wherever in Scholarmance they were. They held potential. From their stories Lucania could already tell, they were knowledgeable, clever, witty, and eager learners. As she focused on their words, she could feel out their personalities, their habits, their lives. It was as if writing embodied and defined their life.

At that second, she stiffened, her jaw twitching for a moment. Black, bright spots speckled her vision for a moment, and Lucania simply stood, still as stone She felt a tremble, a tremor, a crack in the foundations of the planet. What she had felt, it had shifted form the eternal realm of gods and into reality. She could feel it far more acutely, for it had a hint of familiarity.

It was not the fact that this energy came in the form of a book, but what the book resembled. Empty pages, a new beginning, a new age, a new story.

She felt that this presence was far greater than life. No, it was more than a decade or century. This was no ordinary phenomenon. In the back of her mind, she knew what the dazzling burst of energy was. It was another god.

Lucania craved to know more. Her growing curiousity never dimmed or faded. She contemplated whisking up to the north-poles to inspect the new inhabitant of the world, but then, she glanced down at the crude-leather-book.

An idea glimmered in her mind and as she strolled away from the library, leather-book tucked under her arm.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 8:33 am

Ventus

Ventus sat cross-legged on the opposite side of the dying fire to Tlorak. They’d been talking for quite a while now about a great deal of things but specifically what Tlorak was destined to become, the title of Cloud Lord was no joke and though mortals associated it with a wandering Goblin one day they’d associate it with a mysterious figure with a penchant for bring swift destruction or salvation down upon whoever the Winds desired. That day was far from now of course.

Of course Ventus would need a home for now, until Reidan woke up again and dragged himself back out of the sea to let her back into the house. It was Tlorak who gave her an idea for something not dissimilar to what the Aeros used, but knowing what Ventus had access to would be far superior and far more awe inspiring.
So, smiling like a child about to get a mother-load of candy Ventus settled down on the ground and began searching for the materials she’d need below them. Drawing them to her with the power of suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

And then The Warrior saw that the human had stopped in the middle of the woods. What was he doing? waiting for Sin to come? That wouldn't happen, sin was gorging itself upon the demons who had started to worship it and sacrifice their own to it. It was odd how evil attracted evil. It was even more odd that evil consumed itself easier than anything else.

He thought for a few minutes and snapped his fingers. The Locust! They would be the perfect thing for Michael to have to fight. There were uncountable numbers of them and though they wouldn't be able to end michaels life, they would be quite a nuisanse. And so the Locust heard the call of their creator and centered themselves on the woods where Michael waited.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Oct 2011, 10:40 pm

Aerin
Pacing alone in his throne room, back and forth, forcefully pulling knowledge from the defected Priestess. What have I done. He hated himself, absolutely, completely, and undeniably, he hated himself, and his creation. Gods and mortals should not exist together. Together they only cause trouble. Aerin's form wavered and turned into the less threatening version of him self. An adolescent-looking humanoid figure that's skin rippled and changed settling on a form then changing as if some Bipolar mass that couldn't make up it's mind, who or what it was. [i]This problem will not go away by its self. This problem would not go silently. He needed help, but who should he ask to help him destroy this vengeful being who is feeding on his thoughts. Yes, he had cut of the flow the instant he felt the presence of Hate and Evil. Two things he was not found of, two things that caused his creations and his self to be Feared.

He sighed. This would not end well for him, for anybody. He opened a rift, a door into Deepspace, far deeper than others had been. He stepped through.

A Nebula came into his view as his rift let him out, back into the universe. The blues and Greens blended together, giving birth to new stars, in the distance a black-hole lay invisible, only detectable by the stream of gases emitted from either end. He opened his palm and a new star was born. The smallest twinkle and it started to spin. He smiled.

Now he was certain of what he must do.

High Priestess of Anti-Theology
Upon leaving the temple she closed off the link between her and Aerin, or tried to, she could feel that he could still feel her and read her, but she could not. "Why have you abandoned me! I was your favorite! I was the Chosen One!" From far away she heard a whisper, Sometimes the chosen ones, lose their way... She swept off her table in disgust. Pain spread through her body, she looked at her abdomen, a shard of glass had cut her stomach. She pulled it out with a grimace and threw it on the floor where it tinkled to the far corner.

She strode out of her living place, and entered a tavern. She had disguised herself as a traveler, as there was no discrimination between the Aeros Sexes, and began to spread her corruption, hate, and evil through out her land. Her feathers, turned black, her beak as well, and so did her followers. And thus, the Anti-Theology had begun, taking flight in the shape of a dark bird.

The lies spread, and soon the island was split half and half, Aerin and the High Priestess, who now took the name Gera, each fighting for the souls of the Aeros. The temple lay in the middle.

Talor
He stood in front of the temple, his new weapon at his side. Torches in front of him blazed brilliantly in the Fauxlightning filled sky surrounding the Floating island.

The Dazzling purple and green bolts of fire swirled around the island. Gera stood in front of him as well, though she no longer looked as beautiful as she had before. Her dark feathers, beak, and newly scarred body, looked like she was freshly malting. He frowned. "High Priestess! What is the meaning of this!" Answered immediately. "I AM GERA NOW, TALOR! AND I CHALLENGE YOU FOR CONTROL OF THIS CIVILIZATION!" He sighed. "If you so wish to be called by that accursed name, so be it, I accept." More lightning, how he hated lightning.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 1:26 am

Michael:

For many days and nights Michael lay in the forest in a magical sleep. During this time Satan filled his mind with great visions and taunts.

"Michael, I know Michael! I know what your wish will be. I gave you your powers Michael, your wish will be in vain. I made you to dominate this planet. Yet your heart says you would wish to trap me in your body. A cunning idea Michael, you can't die unless another god kills you right? Hmm, no I can't let you do something like that." Satan stood in Michael's dream torturing michael on a rack.

"Yes the rack, I think I'll put you on this in Damnation. You've not sinned yet Michael, but you shall. I'll make you do it!" Satan laughed for days at Michael in his dream and at least he woke up, but he was not Michael anymore.

Satan:

Michael woke up and the Locust swarmed all around him now that the magical barrier surronding him vanished. At once Michael's arm lifted in the air and the Locust all dropped out of the air. Michael bent over and stuffed one in his pocket and smirked an evilly familiar smirk.

"Yes, this is a good idea, I will make many swarms of these on the planet later. I have some business to attend to now." Michael's lips curled evilly as Satan's icy voice came out of his mouth.

Jumping into the air Michael's body hurled at the speed of light up to the city of the Aeros now divided and on the precipice of civil war. Michael floated mid-air for a moment, and many of the Aeros on both sides looked at him with curiosity. It seemed Michael had become strong indeed. Both factions began laying down their weapons because of Michael's reputation as a peace-maker. Then it happened.

Michael raised his fist and two great fiery meteors screamed out of the sky and crushed both the Aeros' cloud lands. The clouds were not completely destroyed, but came to resemble floating rings thereafter. The meteors crashed into the sea and a great tsunami swpet the coast of the Land. A great steamy and vapor spread all over the world and would not dissapte without god intervention for 20 years.

The Aeros looked on in horror as a ghastly laugh came from Michael's lips.

"Why fight over this god or that god when the king of gods is all ready here!" Michael let fly millions of the Locusts from his mouth and there Locusts had powerful stingers as well. These would later be called The Wasps by mortals.

Michael became bored quickly watching the Aeros stung and tormented by the wasps. He prevented the Wasp poison from being lethal just to make them suffer more. Laughing Michael appeared before The Warrior and threw a loucst in front of him.

"You name is now Slave. My wish is that you bow!" Michael screamed and grabbed the skin of his face tore himself apart. Satan stepped out from the grisled corpse and laughed. "Foolish Michael, I give him basically everything he needs to conquer the World and he was going to trap me in his body. Ha, I let him have his wish and showed him the folley of hope. For how can there be hope when I am here!"

Satan laughed spit of Michael's broken body. "He didn't commit a sin so I can't send him to Damnation. So you can send this bastards soul wherever you like brother. If you give him to me though, I'll do a favor for you."

Satan clapped his hands and disappeared and reappeared in Damnation. He start getting the Rack warmed up and ready. He had Baal dragged forward and laughed. "Oh I think we might have a new visitor Baal, one of your own slaves. If the Warrior gives me his soul I'll let you be the one to turn the crank to the Rack for eternity.

"Oh thank you master, thank you!" Baal wept.

"Hmm, I don't like your tone! With whips iti s then." Satan declared and a demon stepped forth and began to lash Baal with a whip. Satan grabbed forth an ancient dead Orc and put him in the rack. "Here practice on this wretch until Michael arrives. Damn Warrior better not send him to Paradise!"
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 1:56 am

Ah, The Warrior would not send him to paridise. The god was no longer the warrior. As Satan had said, so it would be. The Slave stepped out from the stone cacoon. Her face drenched with tears. Her body was covered in rags and the skin that was exposed was marred with scars and bruises. She fell to her knees and granted Michael his wish. The human flew to paradise to be with his brethren where he belonged and where he deserved to be.

The Slave saw the suffering of the world. She saw tsunamis and vapor. She saw wasps and war and terror. SHe opened her mouth and the vapor began to fly into her. The wasps fell dead as their stingers were removed one by one. The tsunamis became gentle waves before they reached the land. The Slave became bruised and even more lashes appeared across her body.

She cried for the world, and she cried for the tortured souls in damnation. She cried for Satan and for the evil that he had caused. When she finished crying, she fell to the ground, now soaked in a pool of her tears. Anyone who touched these tears would become healthy, and they would become joyful and kindhearted. For those who touched the tears were changed by their faith.

There, The Slave became The Child. She fell asleep at the bottom of the pool and waited for a time. She waited for another god to wake her.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 9:29 pm

Michael:

Michael's soul arrived in Paradise and he opened his eyes at the evergreen rolling hills of the realm of bliss. He walked off to the great hall of Trerroth which was all that stood in the vast empty utopia. There he was greeted by his friend Foramir. They had no concept of time in Paradise and so feasted and celebrated for perhaps days. They made music and wandered the boundless limits of Paradise.

Then during one feast Michael asked Trerroth the first king of the dwarves a question.
"Sir, I feel like I can do anything that's good of heart in this place, is it true?" Michael asked.

"Why yes Michael. Anything in Paradise so long as it is not evil can be achieved." Trerroth responded.

"Thank you friend. Now that we are free of Satan's influence at last I will go about for eternity tending this Paradise and making it more beautiful." At once Michael rose from his chair and ran forth from Trerroth's palace and began making forests and fields of flowers, vast fluffy animal shaped clouds, rolling hills, lakes, streams, rivers. Here in Paradise Michael would never run out of things to make whole and good. He went about for eternity as the Gardener of Paradise. Thus ended the Saga of Michael on the World.

Satan:

Slightly put down at his brother-god's decision Satan simply put Baal on the rack and made the orc he was training the rack on to be the new taskmaster of Baal's torment. Satan laughed a little bit but he sighed in the eternal gloom of Damnation.

"Baal is getting stale to torture, I need more pets." Satan said to himself. He shut his eyes and thought. His thought peered around the World until he found what he sought after. In a flash he teleported to the vast city fortress the Labyrinth, He appeared before King Minor as a three headed, winged demon.

"My lord is it really you?" King Minos inquired.

"Yes Minos it is I your god Satan! You have done well feating upon the taurians. Your faith has not strayed from me either. Go on Minos, I will give you one wish, what do you want?" Satan smiled wryly.

"Hmm," Minos thought and a cunning smile passed on his face. "I want.......

King Minos

"....TO HAVE MORE WISHES!!!!" Minos roared and snorted.

"W-what?! Oh you smart lil bastard! All right then Minos I will give you your wish. However, you did not specify how many more wishes." Satanlaughed and he bent down and he grasped a rock. Melting it and forming it into his hand Satan made it into a magic lamp.

Satan handed the lamp to King Minos. The king of Minotaurs stood and looked at the shiny golden object with wonder. "So how does it work?"

"It's a magic lamp you fool! Do you expect some blue guy to pop out of it? Go put some oil in it and light the lamp you fool." Satan screamed and slapped Minos in the head. His bodyguards tensed up.

A servant brought forth oil and put it in the lamp and Minos lit it. "Now what do I do?"

"Make your wish and blow out the flame." Satan said his voice testy.

"I wish....I wish to be a God!!!" Minos laughed and blew ou the flame.

"Uh, you idiot. You can't wish to become a God. I am a God you idiot and I made the lamp. Therefore the lamp can only grant you a wish that a God could have to power to do. Gods can't make other Gods so you can't make that wish. And don't try blowing up the world, that's not possible either. Otherwise I'd have done it all ready." Satan roleld his eyes and re-lit the lamp. "Now think a lil harder about your wish before you make it you fucking moron."

"Uh...sorry my lord. I uhhh, I wish that I would have an endless supply of meat!" King Minos roared and huffed and his people cheered around him. The flame went out and immediately serotaurs, militaurs, centaurs and such came into existence around them. The guards slaughtered the poor taurians and butchered them. Once they were butchered more taurians sporuted from their blood.

Thus King Minos had the se special taurians enclosed in special slave camps inside Labyrinth and forever they would be slaughtered and made available for meat for the Minotaurs. King Minor and his people feasted and celebrated. Then he went to get his magic lamp, but it had disappeared. He shouted "what is the meaning of this!"

Satan appeared before him. "Once used the Magic Lamp will disappear and reappear elsewhere in the world." Satan laughed.

"So where is it now!?" King Minos asked exasperatedly.

"Only a God can tell you that." Satan said gravely.

"So tell me or are you no God?!" Minos said in an outrage.

"Oh I know where it is. A greedy cow like you doesn't need it though. Damn, you could have wished to rule the world, but you instead want to fill your gut you glutton." Satan spit on Minos and then created a cword and cut off his head. "Off to Damnation you go little cow."

The Minotaurs stood looking on in horror as their king was decapitated. They didn't move a muscle though they tried. Satan had them under a spell of intense fear so great they were paralyzed. With a laughed Satan disappeared from the World.

Flying down into Damnation holding King Minos' soul firmly he landed. Determining to have some fun with his newest trophy of Damnation he broke the minotaru's back forcign him to bow for eternity. Then ceating a vast heap of sharp metal he forced King Minos's head into the razor scrap. Here King Minos would have to devour the sharp metal tat tore his innards for all eternity, or at least until Satan decided on a new torture for him.

"Oh and the Magic Lamp is now in the Elf Lands you twat." Satan kicked Minos in the gut after he ate a particular large mouthful of razor blades and scissors. This ruptured Minos's gut and the metal mess tore his side and fell out with his innards. They sucked back in and reattached painfully and the torture went on with Satan laughing on his burning throne.
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

Florence
Of all of the Elfen kind, there had aways been a few who stood out among the rest. Some of these became leaders or great sages. Others were simply outcast. One of these outcasts was Florence. He could not sing or dance. He could not play an instrument. Instead, this Elf would study the world. He would create theories about how the world that they lived in works. Thought there were gods, he was discovering laws that not even they could break. These immutable laws seemed to hold the very fabric of their universe together.

Some of these laws could be seen in creatures and how they were made up inside. Some were seen in nature. And some could be tested. In this way, Florence the elf had created the philosophy of science. Everything had laws, and these laws could be tested. They could also be used.

Florence, like all Elves, was able to spend centuries on his studies. After 450 years he found something new to study with at night. He found a lamp.

One night, afterr the festival of bands, Florence was using the lamp to write more theories that he had about music. When he couldn't quite figure out how to word his hypothesis so that others interested could test his work, he became frusturated.

He slammed his hands on the table as he said, "I wish that I could just make my theories work!" As his hands passed the flame, it blew out. That night he went to sleep frustrated, having not noticed that the lamp had vanished.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 11:40 pm

The Lord of Borders felt someone travel between two planes, and then return, after sending another before them. He decided to investigate- his gut reaction told him that a god had just behaved selfishly in order to relieve boredom, and had broken into his domain in the process. this would have to be dealt with swiftly, lest others follow his example.

After several seconds contemplation, he determined the offending party was Satan, who had proclaimed himself the "Lord of Damnation". Well, this would be interesting. He stretched the borders between the realities, drawing paradise down toward Damnation, so that he could stand outside of Satan's region of power while they spoke. He brought the pocket of Paradise to Satan's throne room.

"Good lord Satan, I come to ask why you infringed upon my domain so recently? What caused you to go to earth, tearing a rent through my borders in order to bring back another?"
Back to top Go down
RedBalloon
Refugee
RedBalloon

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 5:08 pm

Ray and Suzie were eager learners. Lucania was astonished by how quickly they absorbed her lessons. After finding the two children, she had quickly recruited them as apprentices and began their training. Their guardian, N'zul, who happened to be a fox, was a scholar and teacher as well, and with his help Lucania was able to quickly nurture the two budding scholars.

New scholars arrived everyday, slowly streaming in. They were of all races, species, backrounds, and personalities. They had one thing in common, and that was their wish to learn more. Lucania now had creatures from Scholarmance spreading across continents, teaching others the power of words and knowledge. She also searched for those who were gifted, born with talents, to invite to Scholarmance for a heightened education.

Recently, a few of her scholars had discovered Florence. An outcast from his society, he seemed incredibly intelligent and brilliant. His theories were ingenious and unique, sensible and realistic, but he was not getting the attention that could bring him to the next level of studies.

Lucania rose from her seat, kindly ushering away Ray and Suzie after their most recent lesson. The hearth crackled, popping, the flames flicking upwards like writhing snakes. The curtains were drawn, but a thin beam of sunlight filtered through. A small but ornate chessboard rested near the window, which was wide and tall. A simple, elegant chandelier dangle from the ceiling, the crystals dangling and spinning quietly. Lucania decided it was time to go out into the field, time to do something. She was a god, for goodness sakes, and couldn't stay pent up in a little room all day.

She quickly drew up a portal, setting course for the land of elves. It was time to see this Florence elf for herself.
Back to top Go down
Midnightclub
Refugee
Midnightclub

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

Florence
Several days earlier: In the forest there had always been creatures that had astounded him. Currently he was amazed by the birds. Here were creatures who seemed to break one of the laws that Florence discovered. What goes up must come down, of course. But these creatures could stay 'up' for minutes to even hours on end. Surely there was something about this that could be explained.

One day, not too long ago, he had found a baby bird that had fallen from a nest. This poor creature had died, but he felt that there must be something inside of it that could make it fly. Even if it was magic, there must be something. He had been studying its wings and the rest of the body, disecting slowly and discovering all sorts of new things.

The muscles were strong but light, the bones were hollow. These creatures flew because they were light and their wings could support that weight. What if, he could fly by making wings of his own? What could make him light enough to acheive flight?

Now: Florence woke up from his slumber on his desk and began to scribble furiously. Knowledge and ideas rushed into his head faster than he could write. Then he began to build. He got wood and materials from the surrounding woods. He cut up his clothes to get the fabric he needed.

For hours he stayed in his room building and designing models. Some needed wind, others could merely glide if thrown. Then, while cooking, he saw steam floating out of his pot. He put a peice of paper over it and it raised upwards before floating out of the way. He smiled "I've got it!"
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Nov 2011, 12:59 am

Satan:

Satan sat on his burning throne seemingly paying the self-proclaimed Lord of Borders little heed. After what may have been minutes or may have been days he finally said.

"What? Can't a god make a dramatic entrance? I mean come on we have limitless power brother. Now go torture some mortals!" Satan reached up and like a rubberband snapped the God of Borders back up to the World and away from his presence.

Satan slouched back in his throne when he sensed a prayer to him from above in the World. The soul of a demon appeared screaming before Satan. He told the dark lord that he had been sacrificed as an offering to him by the new Ice Demon monarch Ashera.

Satan smiled and flung the sacrificed demon into a pit of boiling tar. Taking flight he disappeared and reappeared in the lands of Cocytus at the new capital of Pinnacle. He appeared as a vast black winged serpent.

Ashera:
"My Lord Satan you have remembered us!" yelled an ornately decorated and pierced Ice Demon to a crowd of followers on top of a sacrificial pyramid.

"You sacrifice has pleased me Ashera. Why have you asked for me to appear before you?" Satan asked in a booming voice as his forked tongue flickered.

"My Lord, we the peoples of Cocytus, the Demons, the Fire Demons, and the Ice Demons have been in civil strife and divided for all the long years since the death of Baal. Right now their are four families through brutal warfare that have vied for power of the lands of Cocytus. The sacrifice was the son of the family of Balrog, I beg you my master give me power over the lands of Cocytus and I shall force all our people to obey you. Give us back the great glory of the demon lands!" Ashera fell to his kneels and begged.

"Hmm, I fell out of granting Mortals wishes Ashera. That's why I made the Magic Lamp, in case you haven't heard of its rumor yet. I believe it is somewhere at the south pole right now. However, the prospect of a bloody civil war in Cocytus intrigues me. So, I shall offer this to you. I will give you magical powers over fire, ice, earth, lightning, water, and air. Its up to you to crush your opponents, and I expect bloodshed. I will do this all for you on two conditions. First you must make your people worship me. Second you must sign this contract giving me possession of your soul when you die." Satan smirked and a contract and a feathered pen appeared in mid-air.

Ashera delightedly picked up the pen and signed his soul over to Satan guranteeing it set to Damnation when he died. Once the signature was signed he felt the powers surge throughout his body. Satan returned to Damnation. Ashera began his Saga and the Civil War of Cocytus between the demons.
Back to top Go down
Blaze_Vortex
Refugee

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 15 Mar 2013, 9:09 am

Escavar, the new (probably other) god of fire, awoke in his underground burrow, with a slight headache. He stretched his wings and moved his arms around a bit. "Wait a second... That stupid One True God guy put me to sleep again! STUPID!" he yelled. With a blinding beam of light that held the power of a supernova, he blew up the mountain which he rested in. What was once a mountain was now a big, big crater.
He decided that he wanted a new dungeon to keep his stuff in, so he rebuilt the mountain to make it an even bigger volcano. He then went inside, the heat of lava not bothering him, and built a big dungeon. He finally decided to spice it up a bit, and created the Fire Dragons, giant flying lizards that breathe fire. He then created the Draconians, which were bipedal dragons. They could breathe fire, but they weren't as good at it. The last creature he didn't make, but instead brought in. It was a giant dragon, about the size of two blue whales. It sat on the outside, defending the volcano from outside threats. It's flame breath was so powerful that it could burn away the sky. A slash of it's claws could tear through metal like butter, and when it walked it sounded like a giant earthquake was happening. It's roar was louder than a jet breaking the sound barrier. It's name was Cysero.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)   A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Box of Gods (Purely Public, no mods)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5