WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 10:14 am

Okay, here we all are again, all three of you who always read all the threads and that, the rest being too busy with their own things to notice me. We've all been through this round many times of me pulling up an RP idea, and watching it crash and fall to the ground. Through lack of interest, or on that one occasion my own fault. Anyway, before I bother wasting more space in the OOC section, let's just see who's actually even vaguely interested.

Here's a few things to note.

There is a difference between 'literate' and 'long, detailed posts'. I am looking for both in this case. I don't want to see another rapid-fire RP, because people just get left too far behind and give up, so before you know it we've got nothing to work with anymore. On the other hand, don't feel like you can't participate if you can't write good long posts in excess of 500 words average. The idea is to encourage some nice, thought out posts that develop both the plot and characters.

Continuing right from that, I do hope that all of your characters have some influence on the plot. There's nothing I feel worse about than one person having a character who is shunned from the others because he isn't a strong player. Of course, I don't expect too many will join this anyway, so hopefully this won't come up as a problem that will have to be discussed.

Here we are at the nitty gritty. I'm infamous for my mature themed RPing, smut, violence and other things may or may not be out the door in this regard. I don't need to go into detail about things, but I would appreciate it if those who have certain limits would notify me beforehand so we can lay down some proper ground rules. A pet hate is plain old 'no romance, no heavy gore'. (I mean come on, Inception had both even, give me a little breathing room). New characters don't necessarily have to be found on abandoned islands/ships/wrecks/etc. Some may very well be born into the RP. I'm not saying there should be descriptions of anything, I'm making sure that it's clear that the results of such actions will probably come into play.

I hope that I was perfectly clear about what I'm looking for, unless of course I scared you off and right now you're all hiding away in your own corners of the forum. Let's discuss plot!

Skyland -CGI Animated TV Series

No-one's heard of the show, so I think it's just better to skip straight to the more open to input plot. <<

Shattered Earth/Floating Islands.

Earth has been shattered (Duh), and thanks to my being able to screw the laws of physics, chunks of Earth orbit around the now exposed core. Time setting will be optional, steampunk/cyberpunk/modern all work fine in this case. Or if it's a bit much for everyone to wrap their heads around, Floating Islands will work fine too. The basic idea in the end is that the characters fly around in their airships, whether they be pirates, royals or rebels. Maybe even some zealots for fun.

Last edited by Jokie155 on Wed 10 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:08 pm

My experience with Skylanders consists of about five minutes of gameplay, but the idea could be interesting. I'm not sure if those are supposed to be two separate ideas, though, but since I haven't seen the show, maybe I'm completely missing everything.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

Eheh, Skyland and Spyro's Skylanders are two different subjects. I haven't seen anything of the latter so I can't comment on actual differences at this point, but uh, I hope that I haven't just pulled a really obscure reference out here.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 3:12 pm

In that case, I have no clue :)
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 3:23 pm

I've never heard of the series, but I could be interested in this :3
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Oct 2012, 9:45 pm

>500 words
For srs?
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Oct 2012, 5:04 am

It's my average posting length these days, it's more of a deterrant from posting constantly. Of course there are going to be moments where it's impractical, I'd just rather that one paragraph posts don't become the general speed. Anyway, it's not something I'm going to actually check for, that would be silly of course. V -had to-

Anyway, since it seems that me of all people is the only one who's heard of the series, I think it's probably better to just forget that and go with formulating our own lore and setting. Though I do want to keep the theme of pirates a constant.

(Me and Eo are tied for posts, heh.)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Oct 2012, 4:04 am

Oh well, I tried. I'll just stick around larger sites where I have a greater chance of actually getting something going with other adults.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion   Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shattered Earth/Floating Islands RP Discussion
Page 1 of 1