WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

War of Sun and Moon

Go down 
+3
Sadie
DB
Surprise
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 1:17 am

"Of course, Mademoiselle. I can't rightfully refuse your hospitality." said Checkmate, a little chuckle at the end. Still, he was mulling over her problem all the same. While he was better with practical issues that must be solved in the heat of the moment, long term planning had it's uses... "But Equestria is a quite safe land all things considered. I expect the land to have little use for warhorses such as ourselves for a long time. Though... there's always going to be something plighting the people. Maybe we should look for rumors or the like of things going on now a days? I could use with an... adventure, myself."
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 2:05 am

A smile emerged at his acceptance of her offer. Most made jokes about her accent, and occasional returns to the language of her home, he on the other hand chose the nice times to use it. A nice little restaurant in the main street would be open soon, and of course she had sufficient coins to pay. "Indeed, which is why my surprise at being granted such a mark was great. But, I do enjoy serving with the guards, even if for the most part it is quiet." Searching for rumors sounded reasonable enough, it didn't necessarily imply an obligation to anything, nor did it need to take her far from her duties.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 9:03 am

Eventually Cursive found himself before a small stone door, the same materials he knew the walls of the throne room to be- marble, with a gold inlay. One of the guards leading him slipped through the door, and, moments later, the other guard led him into a now-empty throne room through what appeared to be a hidden door, likely designed to allow servants and guards free roam, though he questioned it's position directly behind the throne.

His thoughts on the matter of the doorway were suddenly interrupted by a series of realizations- First, he was in the throne room. Obviously Celestia must have requested his presence personally, or else there was no way he would have gotten in this quickly. Second, that every description he had ever heard of Celestia's beauty was not only understated, but quite reasonably so- when one is presented with perfection, why should one make the effort to attempt to describe it to those who will never understand?

The third was that he had been staring absently into space for about a minute while the princess waited for him to react.

"Oh my! I ah, that is to say, I don't, umm... Can I have another try?" Celestia's glare made clear that this was not the time for jokes, but he did note, somewhat encouragingly, that the corner of her lip was upturned, telling him that she was not entirely displeased with his performance. "I am sorry, forgive a fool and story teller being distracted by such things as details, it does me good in my line of work to notice everything, but that often comes at the expense of noting something actually important."

Celestia's smirk vanished as she regarded him once more, before speaking. "Tell me, what is your name, and what talent have you?"

"I am Cursive Writ, Princess, and my talent is for the telling, forming, and retelling of stories. I must say though, this is one tale no one will believe. May I ask why you have drawn me here?"

"It is good that no one would believe the tale, Cursive, for you are not to tell it. I have asked you here for a simple reason, and that is to ask you a question- what do you know of prophecy?"

"I know that prophecy magic, rare though it may be, falls under the domain of the night, and thus your sister, and that to attempt to avoid the warnings of a prophecy, rather than prepare for them, is foalishness, but why do you ask? Is there a prophecy regarding my name, or perhaps my mark?"

"Not that any would know, but I have seen a prophecy in my dreams that last several nights, and each time I see the same thing- a force of darkness spreading across Equestria, starting from this very city, and six ponies fleeing, sometimes in different directions and sometimes together, each marked with a symbol whose significance is lost to me. I have tried to recall these symbols, but my attempts have been... Less than successful, and I can only recall the simplest two- three books, and an ancient marker of peace. I believe that you are the one who is represented in by the books, usually last to flee, and that you, along with the other five, are destined to stop this tide of evil, whatever it may be. I believe that you will be drawn to the others, perhaps incidentally or perhaps by your personalities, and you must gather them, and find a way of defeating whatever evil will threaten our kingdom. Do you understand what I ask?"

Cursive was silent as his mind worked through the Princess' statements, before a realization came upon him. With a grin, he nodded, and she gave him a full smile for the first time since his arrival. Then she silently ushered him from the room, though not before slipping a sizable bag of bits into his saddlebags.

((this is just me dealing with the question of actually forcing Cursive to leave the city, otherwise he would stick around during the battle, and... well.))
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 9:34 am

It took longer then Postal would have liked, but she finally got into the city. Everyfree city was a magnificent place full of equally magnificent ponies. Postal had made dozens of deliveries to this place, but it took her breath away every time she enters. Postal sighed in bliss, ignoring the obvious stares she was getting from passing ponies. Being in this city brought a strong joy to her heart, thinking that she might meet some important pony, or even get a glance of the Princess made her heart swell.

Sadly, Postal only had one delivery to make in the city, and she didn't have the time or money to stop for a meal or to enjoy herself. Postal quickly swept her hove through her mane, neatening it as much as she could with a bulky hove. She began to trot through the city, scanning streets and homes looking for her destination. She quickly found the pony she was looking for, a large intimidating male unicorn.

Although she felt kinda nervous Postal still handed him the letter with her trademarked smile. He took with letter with a huff and tore it open, reading it with a grunt. Postal continued to smile, delivering mail gave her that kind of joy. But the smile faded from her face as he began to crumple up the paper, tossing it into his garbage can.

He only said two words. "Now scram."

He shoved Postal out of his doorway and slammed the door shut. Postal was startled, she trotted away from him, her eyes wide open. That was another problem with being a mail women, ponies secretly fear you, fear what news you might bring to them. What news did this pony receive to make him become so violent?

She began to slow her trotting, it occurred to her about how different she was from other ponies.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 5:49 pm

"Yes, it's not hard work, the free houses are nice, and the bits aren't half bad either." said Checkmate, as they walked inside. It looked rather empty at the moment, the wood tables bare save for a few. Checkmate was sure this was because it had just opened, but he couldn't help throwing signs with signs for it's sake. Maybe here, was where fate had asked him to meet it. Alas, this was besides the point, as he made swift arrangements for a table, and sat down, a lovely window seat looking straight towards the castle. "Though, one should be careful of what they ask for. A quiet day is a safe day, no?"
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 6:04 pm

As far as her residence was concerned, it satisfied her tastes and needs. It wasn't something she felt the need to be terribly picky about, she was comfortable, and that was all that was important to her. "Quite. Though my squad captain has been conducting more inspections lately, perhaps there is something on the way after all? One can only ponder I guess." She enjoyed these nice conversations she held with others who could actually relate to. It made for far more interesting a discussion overall.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 6:11 pm

"That's... peculiar. If... if there's anything of the sort going on, no one told me. Granted, I'm hard enough on my men, but... that's still strange." said Checkmate, frowning for the first time in their conversation thus far. This didn't mean much, he was sure. Though... if it did mean something... why didn't he know about it? Shaking his head from side to side for a moment, he resumed smiling ever so slightly and continued. "Well it's probably nothing. I expect they might be trying to win commendations from the Brass. We shouldn't worry about such things, we should listen, see what everypony might be talking about." With that, his ears moved ever so slightly, trying to provide him with more coverage of the room... there had to be something.

(Joural based plot hook go!)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 31 Oct 2012, 11:56 pm

She shook her head idly, perhaps it was nothing more than a royal visit coming up at some point. On the verge of promotion to captain herself, there was always the odd chance it was just preparation for her in particular. "Yes, it's probably just reading into things too much. I'll be sure to pay attention to anything that may prove useful all the same." Listening as he did, it soon came time to head back to the palace, morning breaks weren't terribly long after all. At least this time when she chose to sit at the fountain, it was in far better spirits, and free of her students for the day.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 12:16 am

Checkmate was more or less also better off for their little breakfast break. Now of course, he had to wait in his quarters filing paperwork, or failing to file paperwork anyway. He really didn't see the point of it, it never said nor did anything. He at least could take some comfort in the fact that it didn't matter, so no one was going to be hurt by him taking his time on these trivial matters. It wasn't like he had anything else to be doing anyway. If he had one thing to say it was simply that he was glad he could help his compatriot. Ah, but now it was back to himself, and the drudgery of this job, and training for his next one.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 12:33 am

Cursive flew through the town, giving little thought to where he was going, allowing the winds to move him until he found himself somewhere familiar. Over a giant fountain, staring down out a particular mare. With a quick dive he landed a short distance away, patted down his hair, and stepped forward. "So, I see this fountain still holds your attention. I wonder if you are contemplating the quest you plan to take... or if you have found one yet?"
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:46 am

Turning to find herself in company with Cursive once more, she half smiled at his question. "I found that talking with one of my fellow guards provided some relief and insight into my situation. But alas, I am still at a loss as to finding a quest in the first place." Resuming her typical pacing to think, she half wondered if he just knew when she was present at the fountain. Maybe it was something he observed commonly, a thought that had her slightly unnerved. Pegasi had their restrictions in relation to the palace airspace after all. "Something will come soon enough, I am sure of that."
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 10:22 am

"Well, if you can't find one on your own, maybe the thing to do would be to help me with mine. One has recently... fallen into my lap, shall we say, and I think you might be involved, if you're willing."
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 2:27 pm

Checkmate looked up for but a moment from his duties, but it was enough. Outside the window he noticed very quickly Balestra, and more importantly a strange pegasus. Now... He wouldn't condone leaving his job unfinished just to talk to a friend or the like... That was still a stranger, and strangers rarely came to the guards without due cause. While he was sure his friend could handle it... Something about the matter attracted his attention. Maybe if I just slipped out for a while... he muses, leaving the room he was in, headed for the fountain. He would likely come into view in mere moments, as he assumed a more formal posture in his trot.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 5:41 pm

She looked up as he mentioned a quest of his own. Involved? What exactly did he have in mind that would require a storyteller and the fencing trainer of the guards? "Well, it would certainly be better than listening out for rumours that may or may not lead to anything certainly." Noticing as Checkmate made his approach, she glanced between the two for a moment. "Check, this is Cursive Writ, the storyteller who first inspired me to seek out a quest to form a tale."
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 6:50 pm

"Hello... Cursive was it?", said Checkmate, nodding. He looked Cursive up and down with a focused eye. "Do you mind me asking why you're here? Record keeping, I assure you, nothing more." That was only a half lie of course, he was going to write down that they had a visitor, and he was going to need a reason, but he was more interested in why this pony had returned to talk to Balestra again.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

"I am, yes, and I am here because I found myself drifting after... well, I might tell you later. When I got here I saw her again, so I decided to stop by and see how she was doing. And I was in this general area because I was recently at the palace in order to pick up a permit to tell my tales. And yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

She watched the conversation between the two, it was settled and to her liking. "I am doing fine by the way Cursive. For the most part, I am feeling better about things now that I have something positive to think about." She was still curious as to what he had been referring to earlier, the quest that involved her somehow. It was truly a point of curiosity for her.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 7:47 pm

"As I'd said... Records." said Checkmate, leering slightly out of the corner Of his eye as he turned, and took a few steps away. "Besides, it's a brilliant day out right now, and I shouldn't just do silly thing like paperwork when I could be out here experiencing it." It was a nice day, actually. He was using it as an excuse for his actions, but he rather liked how clear the sky looked right now, the level of brightness giving everything just the right sheen...
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

Cursive grinned slightly, before continuing, "Did you know that you are a TERRIBLE liar? Just... completely awful. Regardless, though, I think I'll leave come morning, so if you choose to come, Fleche, I'll see you then. For now, I think it would be wise for me to do what I came here to do, and make myself a few bits, hmm?"
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Nov 2012, 8:32 pm

Postal Rose by now was on the outskirts of Everyfree City. For some reason she couldn't feel the same joy that she usually got from heading out on the road, moving on to the next delivery. Postal sat down on the side of the road, deciding a quick stop to rest her aching hooves wouldn't put her too behind schedule. Postal gazed into her saddlebag. Letters. Lots of letters and packages. Postal looked harder, as if an intense gaze would change the contents of her bag. Postal was hungry, not so hungry that she wouldn't be able to move on, but hungry enough to feel empty.

Postal ripped her gaze away from her bag, trying not to disappoint herself. She rarely got tips in bits from her receivers, but when she does she smiled her best simile. And expression that just couldn't work her way onto her face. Instead of looking at her bag Postal decided to let her eyes rest on the castle. A beautiful building for an equally beautiful pony.

A small smile crept its way onto Portals face. She began to remember why she loved to deliver mail. She shot to her feet, gave a salute in the castles direction and set off on her next delivery.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 12:01 am

With a short laugh, Checkmate turned to face Cursive, putting on his best half smile. "So something to do with leaving, hm?" he said, looking from the pegasus to his unicorn friend. "Offically, Balestra, I heard absolutely none of this. If you can make your way to wherever he wants you to meet him, I can't rightfully stop you from going anywhere, now can I? I'm hardly your CO." He shook his head as he turned and began to leave. "Well... I hope you make a name for yourself... and hey, when you get done, hopefully you'll still grace we guards with your presence.", He finished, with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 02 Nov 2012, 9:09 pm

She smiled at Check's humor, it wasn't strained or forced in any way, just nice and simple in it's own way. Glancing at Cursive for a moment, she nodded at his instructions. "That sounds good, I shall do my best to arrange other activities for my students in the meantime." Nodding to Check once more, she began on her way back to her room. "I shall take care of myself Checkmate, good luck to you on your own duties in the meantime."
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 1:01 am

"Most appreciated. Try to write, if you can.", said Checkmate, as he began to return to his own room. He still didn't understand what this journey of theirs was going to entail, but having heard absolutely none of it, he couldn't rightfully jump to any conclusions. Unfortunately., the curiosity was rather overwhelming, as he sat back down in his chair, and just stared at the half complete work on his table. What quest could a storyteller have possibly shown up with?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 03 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

With a last smile and nod, Cursive took to the air and sought out the market, where he immediately set up a small stand- which is to say he threw up a banner telling ponies what he was there to do, and sat and waited. And Waited. And Waited.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 06 Nov 2012, 12:59 am

It took some time, but all too soon, paperwork was filed, Cursive's visit accounted for, and everything else with Checkmate's day otherwise solved for now. Normally, he'd use this time to drill his men a little, make sure they were in tip top shape, however, he just had this nagging feeling to let them take it easy today. Regardless, this feeling did nothing to alleviate the boredom his inaction was causing him, and sadly he had no reason, nor allowance to leave his duty to entertain some flight of fancy in town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: War of Sun and Moon   War of Sun and Moon - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

War of Sun and Moon
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next