WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)

Go down 
+6
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Celo The Impossible
Mr Allen J
Patches
The Illusive Badger
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:35 pm

I don't...

so Carolina has a non-ability(her skin becomes metal... but it can be pierced easily?) and Edgar's shield can stand up to a bullet but not a knife? smooth, hard surfaces(like glass) tend to be night on impossible to pierce with a knife if they can deflect even a fraction of a bullet's force.

... unless it's a kinetic wall. I like kinetic walls. Powerful against sudden action, not so much against prolonged.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:37 pm

his shield is like kevlar. it's bulletproof, but you can cut it with a knife.

and what i meant was that most melee weapons don't work on Carole. but stronger bullets (like something more than a .9mm) pierce her skin easily.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 8:45 pm

badger

this is so funny

he litterally said "And I though [mister]turt[le] was tough" about you.

That's just.

Yes.

And... I have no idea how that would work. it would imply an uneven application of force... or something. just weird.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

Lord_Lonestar wrote:
I was thinking of a another character... a guy with the power to generate "emotional flames" like fire that has different effects depending on the emotion he's feeling.

This actually sounds like a really interesting power. I don't think I've seen anything like it in a while.

Or at all. Hmm. Now you've sent me down memory lane damn you.

This On Body Armor and This on Handguns may help if anyone wants a bit of light reading regarding things that go boom.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:01 pm

ok, let's try this again.

name: Isaiah Dixon

Appearance: Isaiah looks like what he is; a cowboy. His skin is light black (like my avatar), and his eyes are dark and cunning-looking. He wears a pair of circular, black-tinted sunglasses that make him look evil. His hair is short and black, and he wears a black handlebar mustache. He dons a black cowboy hat upon his head, making him look even more evil. Basically, looks like my avatar in the face.

Isaiah is 5'6" and weighs 140 pounds. He is slim and muscular, but looks small. he wears an open-collared red flannel shirt and worn blue jeans with a pair of black cowboy boots. He speak with a slight southern lilt.

Started in: Bull's Gap, Tennessee

powers: Isaiah can generate kinetic shields. These shields look kind of like sheets of bulletproof glass, and works kind of like one too. When something like a bullet hits the kinetic shield, the shield absorbs it's kinetic energy, slowing down or even stopping the bullet in midair.

Now, this seems rather overpowered, but it isn't. Firstly, the shields don't last forever. They have no time limit, per-say, but the more energy the shield absorbs, the more unstable and harder to control it becomes, to the point that, after taking quite a bit of fire, the shields just burn out. Also, the bigger the shield is, the weaker it becomes, because it's mass is so spread out. The most optimally-sized shield is 6'x6', and can take quite a beating, though will not last long in a firefight. Also, the kinetic shields will stop something like a bullet, but because of the way they operate, items like a knife or another bladed weapon can pass through the shields without that much of a problem, and items like a club or a baseball bat can cause the shields to overload and shatter.

Bio: Isaiah was born in Eastern Maryland on a farm. His family didn't have much, but they were able to scrape enough money together to always give Aaron a good education. He got up early every morning for the three hour ride to his school in Baltimore. He was very intelligent, but the combination of discrimination against him (from both race and being a mutant) and his friend getting him hooked on marijuana landed him in a dead end job as a cowboy in Salisbury. He hated it, but being a cowboy made him tough and persistent, like he is today. The job kept him away from the city, and got him off of the pot. However, after finding out about his power, Isaiah was fired and ridden out of town and ran to Baltimore, where he learned more about how to use his power from a gang of mutants. He moved to Oklahoma, where he became a cowherd, and a vigilante/mercenary on the side. He was kind of like the sheriff from old westerns; some punk would be raisin' Cain in town, and he'd show up and teach him a lesson.

But then, after a while, people began to fear ol' Isaiah, and, after an event with a guy who was framed for murder, Aaron was chased out of town, after which he took a train ride to a town in Tennessee, where he's been biding his time to get revenge on the government for making people fear mutants.

Personality: Isaiah is an interesting young man. He is extremely sharp, and can outwit just about anyone (not outsmart, outwit, there's a difference). He is normally quiet, but jokes around occasionally. For a short guy, he's rather intimidating. When he walks in a room, everybody shuts up because of his intimidating reputation. He's not really evil, per say, but he holds grudges against people, and never forgets them. If you are on Aaron's bad side, he will get you. He doesn't like to kill, but he will do anything to get the job done. He is rather protective as well. if you're his friend, he will protect you if you're in trouble.

Equipment: a .44 magnum, and a bullwhip.

Other: here's his theme song:

Last edited by maxxtoron on Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:04 pm

I'm fixing his name as we speak.

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:06 pm

Shade wrote:
Lord_Lonestar wrote:
I was thinking of a another character... a guy with the power to generate "emotional flames" like fire that has different effects depending on the emotion he's feeling.

This actually sounds like a really interesting power. I don't think I've seen anything like it in a while.

It sounds interesting in my head too. I'm thinking of the effects as we speak as I'm thinking when he gets angery the emotional flames will make people go batshit and swarm whatever he blasted. Then again that sounds a bit op.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:08 pm

Joural wrote:
he litterally said "And I though [mister]turt[le] was tough" about you.

Me and Turtle

We are Brothers, Mason...

We...

Are the same...
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

yeah yeah, badgerturtle.

is my sheet accepted?
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:12 pm

Lord_Lonestar wrote:
Shade wrote:
Lord_Lonestar wrote:

It sounds interesting in my head too. I'm thinking of the effects as we speak as I'm thinking when he gets angery the emotional flames will make people go batshit and swarm whatever he blasted. Then again that sounds a bit op.

It could be interesting, though. Really interesting. Especially if you carried the flame metaphor all the way out.

For example, different emotions, different intensity of the flame, different colors. More obvious. Perhaps the emotional flames give off very slightly hallucinogenic smoke that induces nostalgia, kind of brings back the memories someone has tied to that emotion. Burns are third degree, second degree, first degree, varying levels of emotional pain. A love flame induces heartbreak. An ecstatic flame induces depression. This is a really oversimplified description for brevity's sake.

Could be pretty cool. It's much easier to fight someone when you have the will to fight. Morale, psychological well-being, often looked over. The greatest guns in the world aren't worth anything if your soldiers don't care enough to use them.

In fact, your character could avoid most all oppression with systematic use of the flames. Holy shit. He could use a cigar to mask it. Lonestar you must do this idea, you are a genius.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm

I'm definitively going to use this power and expand upon it. You really gave me some ideas, thanks shade.

Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:22 pm

so... is my character accepted?

Yeah I'm impatient but you already knew that lol.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:30 pm

That background feels like just a melting pot of what you think soumds cool. Contrast with ones that are built around the character(see the fearful but puppy-like regenerator who hasn't lived in a town since he was six-ish). There can be cool things involved, but a character with a strong sense of law who would serve as a vigilanty wouldn't just immediately switch tacks and start trying to take down the government, and "mutant gangs" don't make much sense in context because there hasb't been enough time for such thing to form, nevermind that the police would take them down so fast your head would spin, unless all their abilities are targeted toward stealth and deception.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:34 pm

vigilante was a bad word. Basically, he's like the brotherhood in X-men; he's trying to get people to accept mutants by force. In a nutshell, he's been cheated out of everything he held dear to him his entire life because the government doesn't like mutants, so now he's going to exact his revenge. He's more of a professional criminal than a vigilante.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Dec 2012, 10:46 pm

Lord_Lonestar wrote:
I'm definitively going to use this power and expand upon it. You really gave me some ideas, thanks shade.

*finger guns* You're...pretty good.

I swear if anyone gets that reference I will love them forever.

Anyways, I'd be interested to see it. And now I'm itching to make that mist character. Hm.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 12:51 am

Maxx, I thought I said no, I'll have to say it again.

GET IT RIGHT MAYTE
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 1:16 am

this is a different guy turt. you said no the The Watcher. you never said anything about Isaiah.

wow. I just realized that Isaiah's entire personality is completely contradictory. Yeah... i'd better fix that...
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 1:35 am

Ok, I re-did the sheet. I based his personality off of that of Carnegie from The Book of Eli.

name: Isaiah Dixon

Appearance: Isaiah looks like what he is; a cowboy. His skin is light black (like my avatar), and his eyes are dark and cunning-looking. He wears a pair of circular, black-tinted sunglasses that make him look evil. His hair is short and black, and he wears a black handlebar mustache. He dons a black cowboy hat upon his head, making him look even more evil. Basically, looks like my avatar in the face.

Isaiah is 5'6" and weighs 140 pounds. He is slim and muscular, but looks small. he wears an open-collared red flannel shirt and worn blue jeans with a pair of black cowboy boots. He speak with a slight southern lilt.

Started in: Bull's Gap, Tennessee

powers: Isaiah can generate kinetic shields. These shields look kind of like sheets of bulletproof glass, and works kind of like one too. When something like a bullet hits the kinetic shield, the shield absorbs it's kinetic energy, slowing down or even stopping the bullet in midair.

Now, this seems rather overpowered, but it isn't. Firstly, the shields don't last forever. They have no time limit, per-say, but the more energy the shield absorbs, the more unstable and harder to control it becomes, to the point that, after taking quite a bit of fire, the shields just burn out. Also, the bigger the shield is, the weaker it becomes, because it's mass is so spread out. The most optimally-sized shield is 6'x6', and can take quite a beating, though will not last long in a firefight. Also, the kinetic shields will stop something like a bullet, but because of the way they operate, items like a knife or another bladed weapon can pass through the shields without that much of a problem, and items like a club or a baseball bat can cause the shields to overload and shatter. Every time a shield shatters, it takes about tne minutes for Isaiah to recharge

Bio: Isaiah was born in Eastern Maryland on a farm. His family didn't have much, but they were able to scrape enough money together to always give Aaron a good education. He got up early every morning for the three hour ride to his school in Baltimore. He was very intelligent, but the combination of discrimination against him (from both race and being a mutant) and his friend getting him hooked on marijuana landed him in a dead end job as a cowboy in Salisbury. He hated it, but being a cowboy made him tough and persistent, like he is today. The job kept him away from the city, and got him off of the pot. However, after finding out about his power, Isaiah was fired and ridden out of town and ran to Baltimore. Here, he learned the extents of his powers through personal experience. Baltimore isn't exactly a nice place. For two years, Isaiah lived on the streets where he had to use his powers to survive. He eventually was able to scrape enough money together through odd jobs to move into a ratty tenement in Cherry Hill. That, in essence, was where his career started

He remembers it like it was yesterday. His door was knocked on the the police, and he was ordered to come out with his hands up. he walked through the door and the police handcuffed him. As they walked down the steps with Isaiah, a mob of people from the apartments ran up the steps and knocked the police officers to the side. They beat Isaiah senseless, and threw him out of a window. He was lucky enough for his window to only have been about two stories above the roof of a run-down office building or he would have died. he broke several ribs, his right arm (which is still slightly crooked) and was locked up until he escaped with the help of a few of his friends from outside of the cell doors. Isaiah disappeared for a few years, and then found himself back in Baltimore as the leader of a gang. He despised being in the command of what he called "a pack of apes", but the job did offer him one thing; money. he hoarded it in banks. He quickly gained a small fortune, with which he bought a large manor house in Tennessee, which he now operates out of. Now, he sits and waits in his mansion, finding other mutants to further his cause and slowly plotting against the government to get rid of it's anti-mutant laws. And he's not planning on being diplomatic about it.

Personality: Isaiah is an interesting man. He is extremely sharp, and can outwit just about anyone (not outsmart, outwit, there's a difference). He is quiet and serious. he nearly never shows emotion until you get a couple beers in him, which is relatively easy. He is a hard negotiator, and usually always gets his way. For a short guy, he's rather intimidating. When he walks in a room, everybody shuts up because of his presence. He's not the guy you want to piss of, either. Not only does Isaiah have a knack for getting his way, but he also has a taste for revenge, and can hold a grudge forever. He's not an unreasonable man, though. He doesn't hurt innocents (mostly), though he believes that collateral damage should be kept away from, but not abhorred. If a few normal people are killed in an operation, then so be it. Humans are not his cup of tea, though his composure under pressure gives him rather good people skills.

Equipment: a model 586 revolver with six inch barrel, and a double-barrel shotgun that he barely ever uses except in emergencies.

Other: here's his theme song:

Last edited by maxxtoron on Sat 15 Dec 2012, 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 9:02 am

Maxx, try using edits.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 11:56 am

I did it this way because I know turt and he has a habit of not checking sheets for edits.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 12:38 pm

That I do, so Maxx did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 2:58 pm

So is he accepted? If not, is it because his history is a bit far-fetched? I made him as bitter as he is because he's a black mutant. That's Kinda like a gay Jew in the holocaust.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

Not comfortable with a gang of mutants without char sheets. Or at all, really. Because it's supposed to be rare.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 6:29 pm

Ok. I'll fix that. He's going to have a few other guys with him, however.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat 15 Dec 2012, 8:21 pm

I meant to edit the lat post instead of making a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)   Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- Another Superpowered RP (OoC/Planning)
Page 5 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next