WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

They Claimed to be Kings

Go down 
+5
Patches
Surprise
Admiral Ji
Snowy
scarydactyl
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

They Claimed to be Kings  Empty
PostSubject: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Dec 2012, 9:14 pm

"There isn't much I can tell you about this," says a tall, ebony-skinned woman standing confidently at the front of the tiny motel conference room that this meeting is taking place in. "It isn't confidential or anything--there's no way in hell I'd be able to get that kind of information--we just... don't know much. Just that there are nine of them, all with god complexes, and that weird shit happens when they're around."

The man standing next to her, a tall, tough-looking fellow takes a half step forward. "Three of them are female and six are male." He sounds like he grew up in France and never quite lost the accent. "They all escaped from a mental ward. Their current locations are unknown. Well, you know that already. Their general locations are unknown." He takes a step back.

The woman speaks up again: "Some of these people are dangerous. Not all of them are, but capturing them will most likely entail bodily harm. If you can't handle that, leave now. If you can, welcome to the team."

----

This sounded better in my head. Like I've typed it out three times in totally different ways and I'm just so done with it that this is the version you get. I've just wanted to make a roleplay for ages now and here it is wow so shiny and new and it actually has a goal for once: capture these crazies. For what purpose is anyone's guess. Like seriously; I don't know yet.

As you know, I am a busy person and therefore this thing will be incredibly slow-moving and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it even gets off the ground.

Anyway. Where do you come in? You answered a flyer. It had a dollar amount, a location, and a vague "We need help" message. Maybe it was on Craigslist. That's it. You are now sitting in a hotel conference room. The above scene takes place.

What do you do?

----

Some Rules

-Actually read these.
-Spelling and grammar blah blah blah.
-No godmodding, etc.
-Don't be a douche.
-The kinds of people who would answer the flyer or whatever are not likely to be trained anythings. They are likely to be nothing more than average joes stupid or bored enough to take up a shady deal for a lot of money.
-Use your head.
-Employ basic concepts of logic.
-If you are unsure about anything, ask.
-Or wait it out.
-Don't make things up about anything other than your character.
-Don't be a drama queen or anything. No one with a horrible past whose entire character revolves around that past.
-Joining entails that you will tolerate any (highly likely) absences on my part and won't totally abandon and forget about this. Unless said absence is longer than like two months or something I dunno.
-Probably other things, but whatever. Do what I say.

----

Character Junk

Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
Brief Bio:
Anything Else:

I don't want massive descriptions, really. If you can successfully highlight everything significant about your character in a few sentences, then fine. I don't want a life story; I want a summary. If you really want to go all out, more power to you.

This is probably really bad but I needed to just get it out of my brain so here.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 5:25 pm

/interest piqued
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 6:17 pm

Good, good. Come to me.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 6:25 pm

Ji is here. Requesting a landing strip. /Also interested.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 6:40 pm

You've been cleared to land, my friend. V_V
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

Hey.Osaka.cool.

I need more information before my curiosity is full, but it's started getting hard...
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:03 pm

YOU GET NOTHING MORE UNLESS YOU JOIN
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:21 pm

GIVE ME MORE OR I DON'T JOIN

I CAN'T GO AROUND FLACID ALL THE TIME!
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:24 pm

Joural, I thought we had something! *cries*

Just tentatively accept, friend. We'll get more.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:28 pm

I mean like I don't know what more you want like
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

WE DO JI, WE DO!

BUT SOMETIMES... SOMETIMES I NEED TO THINK OF OTHERS! I mean really, would you be so selfish as to hoard this *gestures downwards* to yourself? I think not.

I'm in, I think. I'm just wondering what the limits on players are.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:36 pm

what kind of limits tho
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 7:56 pm

Well are we supposed to be just normal people? Or are we to play the kinds of people who would take a job like this, thugs, assassins, etc?
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 10:09 pm

Did you read the rules?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 10:52 pm

Oh snap.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 11:05 pm

Character decision time.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 11:13 pm

Good yes.

Basically though, I'd be happier if everyone's characters had no experience in every skill that would be useful in the mission. Odd talents and bits of knowledge that help in the right situations will roll much better with me, like maybe somebody goes hunting on occasion and has rudimentary tracking skills, or someone who is trained in self-defense. Like I said in the rules: only average people who need cash are going to accept a job with barely any description. They didn't know they were searching for mental patients until they went to the specified location. I mean. The ad was on Craigslist and telephone poles.

The competent people are the ones running this shindig, as in Mags and Aristide (the people in the intro). I don't really want more than them.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 11:16 pm

I'm in! ^^
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeThu 06 Dec 2012, 11:45 pm

Here: my characters. I'm only making their actual skills a mystery because it's more fun that way. You are not granted the same liberty. If you pull something significant out of your ass that wasn't even hinted at in your character sheet, I will bite you. I bite hard.

Name: Magnolia Ambrosine
Appearance: Mags is intimidating, but only when she wants to be. She's just around 5'9" tall and has wrestled a six-foot gator before. She won. Her hair has formed into thin dreadlocks that are woven with beads and shells and maybe a few claws, and there are similar adornments on her neck, wrists, and ankles in the form of jewelry. Her clothes--generally a dress or a combination of a blouse and a skirt--are entirely handmade. She wove them and everything. They were colorful once, now they've been faded by the sun. Her skin is about as dark as skin can get, and her eyes are a light brown hue that looks a little feral. She has a ton of odd scars from bites, scratches, cuts, burns, and all that jazz.
Personality: Clearly this is a woman who don't take shit from no one. She is an apt leader and is scary up until you realize the whole intimidation thing is there as a joke and she's really one of the least serious people you've ever met. But when there's work to get done, she lives up to her tough exterior. She has her secrets but, then again, so does everyone else.
Skills: Wrestling large reptiles, ???
Brief Bio: She grew up on the Bayou and practices voodoo in her spare time. She met Aristide due to shared interests and they formed a partnership of the business variety shortly thereafter. Sort of.
Anything Else: I bet she's got like a million knives hidden on her person.

Name: Aristide Renoir
Appearance: He's quite striking, as he is a relatively tall fellow of a vaguely muscular build with slightly-longer-than-buzzed black hair, a nice facial structure--his jaw is especially lovely for some reason--chocolate brown eyes, and cheekbones that give him a bit of an apathetic look. He's dressed relatively simply in a vaguely loose black tank top that clings just enough for you to know he's got some muscle on him, a pair of ripped, faded gray jeans, and a pair of old combat boots. He would look very militaristic if he didn't like such a gentle soul. It 's in the way he holds himself that betrays the fact that he wouldn't hurt a fly. Also maybe the gardening glove still hanging from one of his back pockets.
Personality: Aristide is a very caring individual, and a pacifist to boot. He provides a nice contrast to Mag's occasionally spitfire personality, as he never seems to lose his calm. That doesn't mean he never loses his patience, though. Usually he acts as a secondary leader rather than running the whole show.
Skills: Gardening, judging on the gloves, ???
Brief Bio: He grew up in France and moved to America in his early teens. He works in a tattoo shop as the lone worker under the psychopathic manager and takes care of the agoraphobic fellow holed up in the house across the street from his. He and Mags have a partnership, as previously mentioned, that oftentimes gets in the way of his daily life.
Anything Else: He probably left the other glove in his other pants.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 5:57 pm

why won't you love meeeeee
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 8:55 pm

Weird how everyone stopped posting after the 6th.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeSun 09 Dec 2012, 10:00 pm

Oooh crap the sheet is there. I'll get to work >u<
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2012, 7:59 am

clearly is lies.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2012, 7:35 pm

crey
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Dec 2012, 10:53 pm

Any age restraints? I was thinking of having a 17-year-old bloke looking for a job, any job, and answering the flyer. -w-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Claimed to be Kings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next