WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> Empty
PostSubject: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2011, 12:11 am

Warning: The below text adventure has dark themes, It is not recommended for women who are or may be pregnant, people who are young at heart, or people who are bow legged, cross-eyed, or other ailments that may prevent them from running away from the computer and/or to a waste bin to vomit. You have been warned.

Intro:
"Give me the gun!" A man you do not recognize, yells. He's holding out his hand, but his head is turned in the direction of a woman covered in blood. You look at your hands, you are holding a gun.
You look at the gun for a moment, and only a moment. Your decision is made, you must do what is right. You point the gun at the man's head, he slowly turn's his head, "What the f-" You pull the trigger twice. The woman screams.
"Thank you, thank you." She says from behind the duct tape. You turn the gun on her. Two more shots, silence. You hear footsteps from behind you. You turn and see a man, but something isn't right. You point the gun in his direction, five shots, out of ammo. All chest shots, the man still moves in your direction. You pull another magazine from your belt, and slide it in. But as you pull back the slide, and the gun clicks, a hand grabs your arm. It is covered in dried blood, and the flesh is falling off. You pull the trigger, and the gun goes off, the hand lets go, and the man drops to the ground. You bend down and put the gun into his hand. You walk out of the alleyway, removing your gloves and throwing them into a trash can around the corner. Police Sirens are heard as you... Beep Beep Beep.
You gasp, and open your eyes in your bed. It was all a dream. But... It seemed so real. You notice the Beeping. "Answer." Immediately the beeping stops and a voice replaces it. "Hello?"
"Hey Man, we got a case. You're going to want to get down to the station to hear this." The voice says rather enthuisiastically. You are dissoriented, and do not know where you are.
----

This is a text adventure. But it is a more... complex one, as I am using it to Introduce a world in which my next RP will take place. So, Yeah, This is the future. And Earth is... Well, you'll find out.

"The Five Laws"
1. Obey the Laws below.
2. You will not suggest an idea that will harm an individual.
3. You will not suggest an idea that goes against the setting.
4. You will not suggest an idea that is destructively aimed, or otherwise irrational, or lacks any good reason.
5. Have fun, and don't forget every one needs comic relief sometimes.

How this works:
Easy one, okay you type down a thought, and if it is acceptable, and/or what I am looking for, it will be put into the characters head. He will act on it. If the Idea is just stupid or has no correlation, I will not let the thought waste the characters time. The time is mine.

There should be no direct observations, unless I have noted them earlier. The world is mine.

There will be a point at which I will make the transition from Text Advent, to Roleplay. But for now, it is a suggestion driven Story, written by me. The plot is mine.

The choice is yours.

Continued Intro:
"So what we are investigating a double homocide and suicide?" You ask as you close you eyes to rub the sleep out of them.
"Yeah" A voice beside you says, you know him as Steve, he is your partner. You sit up in bed, and open your eyes. Your room is dark. You grab the communication device and look into the holographic screen.
"Seems kind of strange they give this to us, doesn't it?" You reply, you are still disoreinted. Where am I?
Something beside you groans, it is to dark for you to see what it is. What do you do?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Oct 2011, 9:05 pm

>Focus, try to think of anyone who would be in bed with you. Ask if they're awake whilst pretending that you know who they are.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 8:02 pm

Focus, try to think of anyone who would be in bed with you. Ask if they're awake whilst pretending that you know who they are.

The voice you know as Steve answers your previous question, "They gave it to us, that's all I know. Major Crimes or not, it's our problem now. I am sending you the coordinates now." Meanwhile, you are thinking about the person beside you. You are too slow though, and sharp beeping tone goes off on the other side of the bed. There is a rustling, then a woman's voice speaks out clearly in a light welsh accent, "Alarm off. Lights on."

The lights turn on both metaphorically and actually. Your memory returns as the lights flicker on, and the darkness is thrown into shadows. You shade your eyes for a moment, and though the awestruck expression on your face was quite ridiculous, your fiance, Cassandra, looked at you with a smile. "What is a matter, you look like you just saw someone kill a puppy." You shake your head slightly and the expression goes away, it was just a bad dream... right?

"It's nothing hun." You lean over and kiss her neck as you slide your legs out of bed. She grabs your arm.

"There is no need to go anywhere yet..." She says with a mischievous smile.

((Later, after several distractions, you are dressed and leave for the Crime Scene.))

At arrival, the double homicide, and suicide seemed strange to be given to a major crimes unit, and not the homicide unit. Steve walks up to you and explained everything.

After the explanation is complete, you go to view the three bodies. And gasp, they are the same people from your dream. And your mind struggles to grab on to reality. You stabilize yourself and turn around, you need proof that this is what you saw in your dream, and not just your mind playing tricks on you. But what proof?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 8:46 pm

>Look for the gloves you threw into that trash can to confirm your suspicions.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 11:46 pm

Look for the gloves you threw into that trash can to confirm your suspicions.

Of course the gloves... You turn to your partner, Steve, "I'll be right back, I need some air." He nods, and continues his chat with the head of the New Angeles District 3 Police. You walk down the alley way, and turn onto the street, no trash can. You look left, right. Nothing. You calm down, "So it was just a dream." You whisper to yourself, leaning against a wall, and breathing sharply. You get the nerve to re-enter the alleyway, and begin the long task of identifying the victims.

Steve walks up to you later, "The coroner has identified time of death, as well as cause. They both died about two weeks ago, two bullet holes in the head of the victims, the man who committed the act though, died almost three days earlier from an infection. Six post-mortem gunshots, 5 to the chest, 1 to the left temple."

You give Steve a bewildered glance, he replies with, "That's what I thought, too, looks like we have a framed dead guy, two dead vics, and a missing shooter." You look up, the artificial lighting of the reflective underground was beautiful, more beautiful than the stories of the Sun, human's had been meant to live underground, always.

You are compelled to tell Steve, but you know that he will not believe you. He notices something is wrong, and waits for you to bring it up, knowing that you can't be interrogated.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeThu 13 Oct 2011, 8:38 pm

>Avoid telling Steve just yet, bide for time by attempting to identify the bodies. Search them for any forms of ID.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 5:12 pm

You shake your head slightly, "This is not why I joined the MCU, I wanted to catch big time robbers, not investigate murders. I hate dead bodies." Steve knows that is not the only thing bothering you, but once again he doesn't push it. "Did the CSI get any Identification's?" Steve motions for a woman with a clipboard to come here.

Steve relays the question, she flips through some pages on the touchscreen, "Yeah here we are, the woman is... Jacklyn Frostre, we are trying to get more information. Neither of the men had any ID, and the one who looks like Swiss cheese is hardly identifiable on any registry. The one with gloves, had data, but it was erased. We will be investigating further Detectives." At the erased part Steve's eyes narrow.

You look questioningly at him, but he only mouths, "Later". You watch as the bodies are put into the containment bags, and loaded into the transport vehicle. You go to investigate some more near where the bodies had been laying.

You don't see anything that hasn't already been spotted by the CSI and numbered. So you hop into your car. Steve slides in on the passenger side. "So are you going to tell me why his data was erased?" You ask your partner, Steve sighs, pulls out the ViScreen from the dash. He types in a few things then hands it to you. You look at it before you read it, the title is: Warfare of the Overworld. Should you read it, or just ask Steve what it is?
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 5:21 pm

>Read it and ask Steve what it is. Two opinions may open up further leads.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

>Read it, and ask Steve how it relates to the erased data (if that isn't apparent in the document).
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeFri 14 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm

Read it and ask Steve what it is. Two opinions may open up further leads.

Read it, and ask Steve how it relates to the erased data (if that isn't apparent in the document).

You read the introduction paragraph:

"The history of the Over-world spans almost ten thousand years, and for nine thousand of those years, man lived above ground. Leaders of man did not get along. And thus war broke out." Excerpt from a ninth grade history book. Most people know the wars, though after the incident we stopped waging them between governments. These wars are now waged privately, secretly. Warfare has not changed though, only the reason. From the sieges of the Medieval Period to the black operations just before the incident, War has followed Humanity, us, since the dawn of time.

You look at Steve questioningly, he nods, and takes a finger sliding it against the transparent screen, it scrolls down. You read the heading on the paragraph that it stopped on.

"The Shadow Men, and the era of espionage." Steve says. "The shadow men went by many names; spies, assassins, men in black, ninjas. All of them did something different, but revolved around secrets. Spies went after information, Assassins and Ninjas killed anyone who opposed them, and Men-in-Black covered up the stories. I think we are dealing with a new breed of Shadow Men, and I have several good sources that say they are a controlled by Organizations, Most prominently Crime syndicates that control the illegal trafficking now-a-days." Steve turns and looks out the window of the car. "I think this is why we were given the case. This is far more than a murder, we are going to have to get enough to take down a dangerous 'Mafia'."

You look over the article. "So, the man without information was a mercenary, hired by a crimelord to kill the woman?"

Steve shrugs. "I don't know their reasons, but it would seem so." He grabs the tablet of bluish transparent plastic, putting it back into the slot of the dash.

Your head pounds, and a headache appears out of nowhere. "Ow... Drive, Police Station" The car pulls out of the alleyway and down the street.

A car pulls out of a parking spot as you pass by. Suspiciously, no one had gotten in or out. You wonder if it is following you.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

>Inform your partner, but act naturally and keep an eye on the car
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeMon 17 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

>Voice your suspicions about the car to Steve but tell him to drive like they don't know about it.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012, 2:03 pm

>Inform your partner, but act naturally and keep an eye on the car
>Voice your suspicions about the car to Steve but tell him to drive like they don't know about it.

"Don't look now, but I think we are being shadowed." You motion for him to look out the passenger mirror. The car was all black, an older model. Its levitation platforms were silent. Steve looks, and nods. He picks up the radio. But before he presses the button you stop him. "Far too easy to pickup the signal. Just head to the station, though meander a bit." He nodded.

"Right. So... I'll take a left up here." Steve flipped the blinker, and came to the three way intersection. He went through as there was no other traffic. The shadow followed. Your grip tightens on the armrest and your body is itching to pull the pistol from your coat pocket. The next turn comes up and the car turns off. A sigh of relief come from you.

"They turned off." Steve looks at precisely the wrong moment. A large flat-bedded machinery hauler pulled onto the road from the access street about halfway from the both intersections. What a machinery hauler is doing this far from a depot or in this high density residential sector you have no idea. The programming must've been malfunctioning. But Steve has barely any time to react, and he over steers, sliding into the rig at 100 kph.

You lose consciousness for some time after the ensuing crash.

You awaken again in a hospital... At least you know who you are... or do you? You look at the ceiling. You feel strange.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012, 2:34 pm

>Attempt to examine self for injuries
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitimeTue 29 May 2012, 5:02 pm

>Attempt to examine self for injuries

You try and sit up. You feel pain. A good sign, it means your not dead. You succeed it sitting partially upright and look at your arms. There are a couple of small bandages on your body. Not as many as would be expected for someone in a fairly serious crash. Your head is spinning. You collapse back onto the bed. This exertion must have elevated your heart rate, because a small beeping goes off. Funny, you don't feel your heart beating.

Moments later a nurse walks in. He looks at the monitors and then at you. He makes a slight gasp and quickly walks away. "Doctor, he's awake."

"Who?"

"The patient in room eleven"

"Mr. no name?" What 'no name?' You definitely have a name. "That shouldn't be possible."

The doctor walks in, an inquisitive glance on his face. "Doctor, he doesn't seem to be completely conscious, else, I imagine he would be screaming right now." You try to open your mouth to express a remark, but you cannot. There doesn't appear to be anything covering your face, but your mouth refuses to open. It suddenly occurs to you that you haven't been breathing this entire time. You try. You can't. You don't seem to need to.

The doctor comes to your side. He reaches to your neck and grabs something. Pain courses through your body as he tries to pull it free. "Where do these things keep coming from?" You feel a tearing at your neck and warm liquid spills from whatever was pulled from your neck.

"Doctor, it's spreading." Spreading? Like a disease? What the hells is this. You were just in an accident and there is some disease on you? This makes no sense. You jerk your arms out of the weak restraints that were holding you. You grab the doctor by the throat.

"Doctor watch out!"

"Gee thanks." He squirms and reaches for a syringe. You throw him across the room and he slams against fiberglass vacuum panels that encase you. The nurse, rushes to the doctors side. He reached down and felt for a pulse. His face gave the answer that the man was dead.

Your wrench your feet from the restraints and standup. The nurse runs past the window and stops at the nurse's station. Obviously calling for security. Perhaps more. You break through the glass and jump through. Your vision blurs...

You groan as your vision clears to find a fiery scene. Twisted metal and carnage. This was not a hospital. Where are you? You look to your right and find Steve, blood oozing from his forehead. Sirens could be heard in the background.

"Steve, can you hear me?" You look through the shattered plexiglass windshield and see a Black car drive off rather quickly. "So that's how this is..." Steve groans, but doesn't stir beyond that. You are not injured in anyway that you are aware of. Should you climb out of the car and see if you can pull Steve free, or should make sure Steve's okay first?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>   The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure.  FIRST ONE! :> I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unforeseen: Prologue. A text adventure. FIRST ONE! :>
Page 1 of 1