WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Rise of Legends OOC

Go down 
+7
Balu
Agent 9
Lupus
Patches
Mr Allen J
Shade
Surprise
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 11:29 am

Done my sheet, hope this works for you Joural. I'll do her Sample paragraph later (I have to get off right now).

If you have any problems with anything I'll change it.

Quote :
Name: Victoria Erin Blackmore
Appearance: To get started on Victoria: she is a bit plump. She's 5'7 feet tall, weighing at 231 pounds. She isn't exactly ridiculously overweight but she's quite large. It stems from her childhood when she gained a few extra pounds and haven't been able to lose it since. As her father was British, born in the United Kingdom, and her mother is Korean born in America. Yeah, she's Caucasian with tanned skin which has plenty of stretch marks on her being, her Korean side is a bit hard to tell until you look into her eyes. Her face is round-ish, and she appears much like her mother. Her eyes are a hazel shade and usually has an annoyed look in them. Her hair is black and is medium length, she usually keeps it brushed over her eye--- not completely covering it. She doesn't dress spectacularly, she usually wears a long sleeved button up shirt of any color really. They usually have stripes on them. Other than that her attire varies from day to day.

Personality: Victoria is rather reclusive, and very choice-y with her words. Choosing to be alone with her thoughts, she doesn't talk very much being a person that likes to be by herself opposed to seeking out constant social interaction. Yeah, she's not the type to walk up to someone and start a conversation--- but, if presented with a good reason she will talk. She is also very opinionated about what she thinks of others, most of the time she'll keep these opinions to herself. Victoria can easily get annoyed by people and tends to hold grudges if someone was bold enough to provoke her anger. Like she'll want to rip your balls off until she gets satisfaction.

Skills: Victoria is a very smart and observant woman, she was teased saying that she inherited it from her mother. She also knows how to use a rifle from the hunting trips she's recently been brought along on. She doesn't exactly have a rifle either.

Power: Victoria is a power replicator. A special kind. On touch with any mutant she can sort of form a telepathic link between herself and another mutant. To save myself a lot of typing as long as the link exists she'll be able to use her own variation of the mutant's power at will. So, if she forms a mind link with a pryomancer, the flames she produces will be different. For say example instead of simple flames then perhaps her flames will be green and have a different effect. Right now she's mind linked with a telekinetic. Victoria can create limbs out of telekinetic energy by thought and lift objects with her mind.

Limits: There are several limits to her power. Just to start off; she can only mind link with one mutant at a time. The ability is dependent on proximity between the link--- meaning she has to be close to the other mutant to use the full extent of the power. If she's far away from the other end of the link then she'll be next to useless in terms of power. The link will be entirely broken if she's more than ten miles away from the other end. Speaking of which there are ways to break the link; such as beating her (or the mutant she's linked to) until the link breaks, knocking either unconscious, or simply if one of them goes to sleep the link will break. The other side can easily break the link with enough focus and one hard thought about it, so using her power on enemies is rather impractical. Once the link breaks she'll be disoriented and has to wait an hour before attempting to form another link, or else it won't work.

Background: Can I skip this? I can't exactly think of anything other than "she did X in school until X happened" Basically nothing relevant. I also like to forge back stories as I go along.

Sample Paragraph: ((Will write later))

Last edited by Lonestar Pimp of the Year on Sun 24 Feb 2013, 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:20 pm

I'm okay with all of that, but is there any weakness involved in having the link? is the "victim" capable of breaking the link, or can they use the link to their advantage, or what?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 2:25 pm

Crap, I forgot to put the victim can break the link in the sheet. I'll add that shortly.
Back to top Go down
Lupus
User
Lupus

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 3:09 pm

Here's my sheet. Let me know if there are any problems.

Quote :
Name: Skyler Mentis

Appearance: Skyler frankly cares little about appearances, so most of the time she’ll just leave the house with her curly black hair unbrushed. If she’s feeling ‘fancy’ she’ll style it so the curls have some semblance of uniformity or, at the very least, order. There seem to be perpetual bags beneath her eyes. The irises of her eyes are cool gray, with a crimson ring surrounding the pupil in their centers. When her little passenger takes more control, that crimson ring will expand until it fully consumes the gray. If said passenger is only taking partial control, then only one eye will become red. Given her average height and her habit of simply not putting effort into her makeup, clothes, etc. she’s easily passed over by the masses. That works fine for her.
Most of the time she’ll be seen in a gray sweatshirt with an oversized hood and a pair of faded jeans with horizontal tears at the knees. For shoes, she’ll either wear some well-worn running shoes or black boots that go to mid-calf. It all depends on the day, really. Her movements are made with caution and a pinch of grace.

Personality: Skyler’s a bit cynical, honestly. When one has another being hitching a ride on their body and it has the capability of hijacking them when it chooses, it can make a person a bit unhappy with the world in general. She’ll make brief attempts to be positive and look at the world through the rose-colored glasses that seem to be perpetually fixed upon the faces some of those around her, but she can’t manage it for more than a few minutes at a time.
She’s loyal to those who would be the same for her. However, her parasitic passenger has no such bonds, so if it decides that the best way to ensure its own survival is to use the nearest person as a meat shield then it will do just that, it doesn’t matter who the unlucky soul is. This hasn’t happened yet per se, but the possibility is there and Skyler knows it. Therefore, though she longs to be close to someone else, she pushes others away if she senses them forming any sort of companionship with her. She’ll be polite, but no more than that.

Skills: Skyler’s a relatively fast runner and has slightly better than average upper body strength. She’s alright at listening, but that’s mainly because she doesn’t talk that much to people. That act of listening can lead to others trusting her, which could become useful at a later date.

Power: She has a parasite sharing her body. Its main center of communications is a point entwined with her spinal cord at the point where her neck meets with her shoulders. From there it has thin tendrils that wrap around the majority of her nerves and her major veins. It also has smaller ‘centers’ behind her eyes. The parasite can secrete a poisonous acidic substance from underneath its host’s nails and in her saliva, obviously the chosen toxin would not affect the host in the slightest, but it can burn through the attacker’s skin. The parasite can also act as a sort of sense-heightener, though mainly in the areas of agility and muscular strength by providing bursts of energy from its own stores.
Though the parasite cannot directly speak to its host, it can communicate that it doesn’t like a particular course of action by sending a jolt of pain through Skyler’s body. It’s a thoroughly unpleasant situation, so she tends to do what she can to keep the monstrosity pacified. The parasite can briefly gain control of the host body if it deems such action necessary, when in control the parasite is much more ruthless and animalistic in manner. Self-preservation is one of its main focuses; therefore it also protects its host however possible. It does not know the concept of mercy.

Limits: The parasite causes a raised ridge up Skyler’s neck, so even a poke there can cause waves of pain to shoot throughout nearly all of the nerves in her body, incapacitating her for a minute at least. Also, while the acid produced cannot harm her in and of itself, it does lead to a buildup of lactic acid if too much is produced. In low levels, this results in nausea, shortness of breath, rapid breathing, and sudden exhaustion. In high levels, it can result in vomiting, abdominal pain, an abnormal heart beat, or unconsciousness.

Background: The only super relevant details would be that she has two parents, both of which are still alive, albeit living in another city, and a fourteen year old sister named Carina. The whole parasite mess began after college, though she has no idea what brought the hitchhiking creature to her.

Sample Paragraph: Skyler pressed back farther against the brick wall, franticly scanning her surroundings for someone who could help her. Putrid breath pervaded her nose as the mugger who’d cornered her late at night and trapped her in this dark corner prodded her shoulder, “Hey, you listenin’? I said give me your money.”

She could feel the sensation of liquid bubbling up from underneath her fingernails, visualize the slightly olive sheen of the poisonous toxin being rapidly produced by the creature that shared her body, almost hear the choking gasps of the man as his life was snuffed out. It only wanted to protect itself, and in turn, her, but she had to get away before it could do that. It had no understanding of the fact that murdering someone was wrong. Yes, even this man here.

Please don’t… please, just let me handle it this time…

Too late.

Skyler felt a ripping sensation as she was made to be a bystander in her own body. As if watching from outside herself, she saw her lips purse, and then squirt toxic spit into the mugger’s right eye. As he bent over, unintelligibly cursing as he clutched his face, sharpened nails slashed across his upraised arms and then cut a thin line on his neck. With a swift kick to the stomach, he fell to the pavement, but that one kick was followed by two more after he fell. A revolting sizzling noise began to travel through the air. Wincing internally, she watched her face curve into a cruel sneer before her body sprinted out onto the main sidewalk, easing into a casual walking pace once enough distance had been put between her and the attacker-turned-victim. Streetlights provided brief moments of clarity. Crimson eyes, hard as steel, gleamed with feral light. Control was only returned to Skyler once her front door was shut and the lock turned.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 6:57 pm

Those were indeed two powers, I was deciding on which one would be best suited for what I had in mind.
------
Name: Riser Mojave Smythe (Tempted to use Hal Emmerich... but...)

Appearance: One could say, your typical Caucasian shut in, but that would not do this man justice. Starting with the basics, he is of just over average height, and weighs a little over average. it is quickly apparent upon meeting you quickly notice that there is almost zero body-fat on his body. His extra weight comes from his muscles, which are toned for endurance. (One must be able to run away from rogue machinery after all.) His skin is fair, slightly tanned from wielding and the occasional outdoor device. His deep blue eyes and angular yet soft face is filled with determination and beneath that is a hidden sadness. His normally blond hair is dyed jet black, mostly to hide the grease stains that normally plagues everything he touches. To protect his eyes (and correct his horrible vision) he wears glasses of his own design, which are virtually indestructible, photoreactively darken, and enhance his vision.

Depending on where he is, he of course wears different clothes! OMG! While working he wears the traditional science guy lab-coat, with less than traditional clunky headphones around his neck or on his ears (to listen to some mad dubz, of course.) Under this he wears era clothing. While in the field (Occurs very little as of late) he wears some of his more useful devices, like a wrist mounted keyboard for on the fly communication with his larger gadgets, or the upgraded version of his glasses, that provide a sort of HUD and allow him to see what the gadget sees, and finally, the gadget itself, a robotic, virtual intelligence device that he built. Sort of like combining a fully functional recon drone, a multi capability astromech droid, and a more than capable messenger robot. Internally it can carry anything that can fit in a shoe box, and has an omni-axis, tentacle-like arm capable of manipulating most small objects like buttons in elevators, doorknobs, access panels, keypads, etc. It also has a camera, a WiFi-hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, four USB ports (all USB 3.0) and a 10240mAh Battery. (This machine arose from the fact that he is completely incompetent.)

Personality: He's friendly and a bit outgoing, very much a conversationalist, but more often boring droll about his machines or his latest idea. Less than five minutes with him and you can quickly tell that he has spent far too long in the lab. Alas he is in love with his work, his glorious machines. Did I mention his friendliness and power of conversation sort of fall short once the other becomes a biological? Sure he will be somewhat friendly to you as long as you are talking to him about his tech. Any other subject and will blow you off. He secretly has a soft spot for people, which fuels his aversion to harming them. (But if you show someone kindness they follow you around like a lost puppy and never let you get your glorious work done.)

He is not at all into himself, in fact he finds himself unworthy of creating such brilliant creations and awaits the day he is able to transfer his consciousness into his greatest creation. He regards his work as the finest though, and will gladly tell you all about it. The only thing he enjoys more than creating his marvelous creations is testing them out. Ahhh, the shear exhilaration of realizing you forgot some vital line of code or load bearing bolt and having to deduce how you can improve the design. Ummm... not sure what else...

Skills: None, or more precisely none that are not directly related to his mental abilities. He can pick locks faster than a Dovahkiin, throw any fairly aerodynamic and nail the target, balance gracefully on his big toe while carrying delicate but awkward carbon nano-tube suspension containers. He generally doesn't, but he can. He can fluently speak four languages (English, Cantonese, Russian, and Spanish) and can carry on basic conversation in several others.

Power: Enhanced nervous system control allowing truly perfect memory, fine motor skills far beyond any naturally developed, near perfect biofeedback, enhanced mental calculations, and far beyond basic spatial awareness. But although this power is good for maybe some neat parlor tricks it mostly paves the way for her sub power, enhanced mechanical prowess. Which equates to mechanical knowledge and ability far beyond his age or education. Allowing him to tinker with technology far superior to his understanding, learning how it works almost infinitely many times faster than entire research teams. It also allows him to create devices for nearly any need out of scraps or trash. (Though he prefers to use actual equipment for obvious reasons.) His mental powers also allow him to learn other subjects at a slightly accelerated rate, which is not overly apparent.

Limits: He can only build a useful device if a problem arises and he finds a solution (or of course if he has a blueprint or design of it, but wheres the fun in that?). He also needs said trash or scraps to build anything. He detests building weapons (Though most of his "non-weapon" devices could be used as weapons if the user wanted to use it in such a way.) His powerful mind can also be a large problem, and will often cause mental exhaustion if he is not careful or is very stressed.

Background: His startling mental abilities was a "birth defect" caused by a drug his mother had been taking. The defect caused startling seizures and abnormal brain activity in his infancy, but he grew out of them by the time he could walk and later the true effects became clear as he disassembled many of his toys and reassembled them into something most would consider a pet at the age of six. He added to this pet as he grew up, until he was forced to scrap it due to parts becoming outdated and "dangerous". He graduated from high school at age 15, then college at age 18 with a master's degree in various engineering fields. (Don't judge, he is in love with his work, doing anything else like have a life would be utterly boring.)

Sample Paragraph: ((Ummm... later)
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 24 Feb 2013, 10:19 pm

Ji wrote:
I imagine he'd prefer to call him Lucky, stick to the shtick he's trying.

Hm, might consider someone who is a kinetic dampener, if I want to use funny big words that I pulled from my technobabble.

Like, basically slow things down on a toggle. I'm working on realistic range, and limitations, to prevent any attempt at accidentally slowing the Earth, for instance.

I had a character in Lone's RP that was essentially an anti-catalyst. It was painfully obvious upon reading my description of the power for this character that I had no idea what the hell I was talking about, but it essentially "slowed" down everything within a small radius of the character.

For example, all kinetic energy (i.e. bullet) was halved in force. On the flip side, she caused friction to be more effective, so she could start fires far more easily (said fires burned only half as hot).

I think if I fleshed out all the inconsistencies it might've been a decent power, but physics isn't my forte (if you guys haven't picked up on that yet). I think her drawback was that her thought process wasn't technically halved, but her reaction speed was pretty shitty (we'll say that light and sound got slowed down near her, too, because why not) and she was perpetually late (which wasn't really based on anything but I just thought it would fit).

Back to top Go down
pyro_dear
Refugee
pyro_dear

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 8:58 pm

potentially interested

just thought I'd let you know.

defs gonna work on a sheet though
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 9:05 pm

Balu, I'm giving you a trial run on this character. I'm a little worried about the power(as I said, it feels like two on top of each other) but I'm going to trust you. Don't make me regret it. (I'm assuming this is meant to be enhanced fine motor, specifically).

If you abuse this, hellfire will rain down on you.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 10:06 pm

Sounds like fun bro, but trust is important to me so I wont disappoint. I'll write up a sample paragraph. And prove my absolute and undying faith in myself.

And yes, the "power" is fine motor skill beyond any natural ability. Buti added an unnatural understanding of machines so he could be of some use. The robot thing is (though highly exagerated in ability) pretty much a remote controlled toy pet. (I had been planning on destroying the thing at some point for shits and giggles, but perhaps sooner would be of better timing.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 10:07 pm

Character sheet!
Name: Raul Fortier
Appearance: Raul is a tall, thin man, with thin, gossamer like fin-shaped protrusions near his ears that he can extend. They are difficult to see when they lay flat against his cheeks, but that look like small wings when extended. He has several other protrusions like these on the backs of his hands, the backs of his upper arms, and a single large, fan-like protrusion on his back, which folds down like a fish's dorsal fin. These protrusions are given their shape by a number of bone like spurs made of a similar material to the rest of the fin, which connect to muscles. His skin is pale, and his eyes are bright green, and on closer inspection appear fragmented, like an insect's. He tends to wear hoodies, long jeans and jackets with the hoods up, to conceal as much of his appearance as possible. He prefers dark colours, but doesn't care overly much.
Personality:
Skills: good at avoiding being noticed, and at staying hidden
Power: He feeds on what is, essentially, emotion. He gains the most energy from positive emotions and those directed at him. Despite this, his obvious and disturbing mutations has resulted in him choosing to primarily 'feed' on strangers. The energy he gains precludes food and sleep, allowing him to function for long periods of time on nothing but water and human contact. He is capable of absorbing more energy than he needs, though it is incredibly difficult when working with those who hate him or feeding on emotions directed at others, and when he does he shows a number of other, smaller mutations. When this happens he gains the ability to unfurl large, dragonfly like wings, and his hands begin to glow. When this happens, his touch is capable of transmitting a poison, which he calls "phora." This poison causes the victims muscles to react to commands slower, making them more clumsy, and makes their emotions "flow" better, allowing him to feed more effectively. His fins, when extended, as a side effect of the feeding allow him to sense sources of emotion, allowing effective tracking.
Limits(Anything you or I add to make an otherwise ridiculous power workable): He can only eat emotions when his fins are unfolded, and both the fins and wings are incredibly fragile. They are relatively quick to heal, but it would take only a small wound to ground him.
Background: his entire life has been spent on the streets because he looks like an insect(also it's possible his parents died due to over-feeding, but he doesn't know if it's true or not.
Sample Paragraph: I'm gonna trust myself on this one. :P

Last edited by cursiveWrit on Tue 26 Feb 2013, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 25 Feb 2013, 10:41 pm

Done sheet. Once again if there's anything wrong I'll fix it, because the Phoenix form may be a bit OP, and I may not have noted what he does to stay alive while on the run from the law.

Lonestar Pimp of the Year wrote:
Name: Samson Isiah Jeross
Appearance: Samson is a muscular, averaged sized, African-American man with a rather notable and small tattoo of a phoenix under his left eye painted jet-black. To get started I'll go over Samson's build; due to his years of training and his line of expertise requiring someone like him to be in peak physical condition. So of course he's pretty muscular. He stands at a average height of 5'11 with his legs making up most of that height (speaking of which his arms are a bit long too). He has a gruff look and figure, with a few scars on him from years, some without a story and some with some pretty heavy stories. As stated before he is African-American, as his skin is a dark brown. His eyes are a bit small, colored brown and usually has a look of determination in them. Samson's hair is unnaturally black, and usually cut-short so that it's out of sight. Samson dresses quite sharply. He wears a tan jacket usually kept unbuttoned showing the grey shirt under it, and he also wears black-jeans that match his jacket of course. Then he wears a wide-brimmed, straw hat fedora on his head with the brim slung down to cover up his eyes, giving him that mysterious stranger look. He is almost never seen without his red-tinted goggles on. Most of the time he has an enormous black bag slung over his shoulder which contains his personal belongings.

Personality: Samson has two sides to his personality. Towards strangers and enemies he can be un-trusting, harsh, arrogant and quite frankly a douche. Most of the time he'll ignore people unless he has a good reason to give them his attention meaning if somebody walked up to him, he's going to keep walking no matter what. Around his friends (if he gets any) he can be quite cheerful and positive despite his past, and will always crack jokes and act happy. Mostly to hide that he really feels like shit deep down. No matter who's around or what's going on Samson is always focused, mature and level-headed. He tends to act like a wise-old man at times. Due to a year straight on the run he doesn't seem to value no one else other than him. Meaning he's very selfish, so when shit starts to get serious and you need saving expect to save your own ass.

Skills: Well, during his time in college he's gotten his Associate's Degree in Car Mechanics. He's kept a job as a car mechanic for several years. He'll easily be able to tell what's wrong with a car and how to fix it with proper tools. To an extent. Not saying that he's the Macgyver of cars, and fix absolutely anything about a car. But if you give him the right tools he'll be able to point out and fix most things wrong with a car. Other than that Samson is a very skilled basketball player--- if by any chance one big basketball match breaks out between all the characters then he'll make a killing.

Power: Through years of practice in secrecy and the relatively harmless and easy to control nature of his gift; Samson was able to become skilled with his abilities. Basically Samson can transform himself into a glorious phoenix made out of angelic flames and resembles of a cross between several existing birds. The Phoenix is a glorious looking creature that resembles a Peafowl in body shape and has the wings of an eagle with a short and thick feathery neck like birds of the Accipitridae-class. This Phoenix is slightly larger than Samson standing at eight feet tall and having the wingspan of fourteen feet with a cone-shaped beak. The phoenix also has a tail of feathers that's thirteen feet long. Of course you may ask what's the purpose of turning into a enormous bird monster? Well, obviously he can fly while a Phoenix (not very fast), will be far stronger and will be able to generate and control the Holy Flames. The two formers shouldn't require explanation, while the latter does. The Holy Flames are the same white fire that his Phoenix forms are made out of, and he can control the element.

Now for the effects. First of which the Holy Flames don't do things that you'd expect fire to do; one of which is that they don't burn anything that isn't alive or some things at all. To avoid rambling these flames have a sort of "morality system" attached to them that'd dependent on Samson's views on things. Depending on if someone is his enemy or not it will burn them or heal them. The flames don't burn any worse than regular fire once they've been generated they'll dissipate in seconds no matter what he burns or much of it he creates. For the healing part, nothing major--- when their wounds have been exposed to the flames the healing process will speed up and Samson can use this on himself to stay in the fight longer especially in his Phoenix form when wounds will heal much faster. He can access his flames while in human form--- but while in his Phoenix Form form his flames are enhanced. Another aspect is that he can selectively turn his limbs into his Phoenix form; he can change his arms into wings gifting him with the ability to glide, flap his wings to create a firestorm and he can turn legs into the phoenix talons to preform enhanced jumps and deliver painful kicks. That's just about it.

Limits: Now you must be on the verge of saying "That's f*cking powerful! Why can't my character be that strong?!" Well there's quite a few weaknesses to Samson's ability. His main weakness requires some explanation... You see all lifeforms give off an unknown energy that only Samson can absorb and uses to fuel him and his powers. In short he needs people around to use the full extent of his abilities, at least twenty people need to be in the same area as him for him to be at full strength. Any less then he will be weaker and if there's only one person around then his flames would be no less dangerous than touching a slightly warm spoon--- so you could just separate him and you'll curb stomp him. Next weakness which will explain why he doesn't go Phoenix every time he fights. Over time while in Phoenix form it will weaken him and his abilities. Like within' an hour of using his powers he'll be powerless and on the verge of passing out and will require rest before he reaches full strength. If he uses it for ten minutes he'll be drained and wak. While using his flames and selectively transforming will not weaken him proving to be more effective in drawn out fights than going Phoenix.

Unfortunately his flames don't affect anything that isn't his friend or enemy what so ever, anything in between is ignored (including trees). Which means while he can't burn down a forest in the process of creating a fire storm--- his enemies can easily hide behind a car and be protected from the fire. On the healing himself/friends aspect of his Holy Flames there's so much they can heal. Like, it'll take a few minutes for the flames to heal most non-serious wounds, but may take hours to heal major wounds. There's also a sort of limit on how much can be healed at a time--- in short after healing someone a few times they won't be able to be healed again for like a day. Samson suffers from the same drawbacks when healing himself. Unfortunately, unless he's in Phoenix form he won't be able to regenerate automatically. He also can't heal what's dead, so if he (or anyone else for that matter) is killed instantly. You should be far enough in school to know this.

Background: Well, Samson lived a relatively normal life in the big cities of the Eastern United states during his child-hood up to the discovery of his powers. He was born from the marriage between Athena Candace and Ian Jeross, neither lived spectacular lives themselves. So, there's not much to note about Samson as a child up until he was a well a teenager and well into high-school. He displayed an interest in sports such as basketball, and over time became pretty damn good at it when he joined his. When you're good at basketball, you make plenty of friends--- and opportunity for bonding, fun and etc. He discovered his powers after a basketball game and he was going home only to be attacked by one of his rivals, nearly getting beaten to death. The only thing that saved him was turning into his phoenix form which scared off his enemy AND healed his wounds.

Fast forward a decade and Samson is in his late twenties and has long left high school to college and gained his Associate Degree in Car Mechanics. While practicing his powers in secrecy. He even got himself a little lady friend by the name of Amanda Saruez, a girl he met in High-school that used to be one of the cheerleaders. They were getting to know each other very well, until they seemingly started to drift apart. Distance from each other. Samson wanted to find out why. Eventually he found out that Amanda was having an affair with another man that he had no knowledge even existed. One thing to lead to another and Samson (under the influence of alcohol) went out and found the man. As you may have already guessed; he brutally murdered the man with his holy-flames. It wasn't the cleanest kill, there was lots of banging, screaming and noticeable white flames--- which lead to the police getting involved. Samson had two choices from there.

a). Prepare himself for a life of prison related butthurt

b). Flee.

He choose two. With the help of his phoenix form he was able to escape. For a year now he's been on the run from the law, and going from town to town wracking up more charges by stealing to stay alive. Until he suddenly found himself in the town where the story takes place.

Sample Paragraph:

((Since I'm going to assume these are non-canon...))

Early at night Samson was running down the streets of this alien town he keeps finding himself in as fast as his long legs could take him. There were five police officers in tow. It was his own stupidity and carelessness in trying to steal some food out of a super-market which ended horribly. And now he's here, running his ass off. He was getting tired, and there was no escaping the police in sight. This chase lead him into the more run down parts of the city, and the opportunity to lose the police just came to him. In an large apartment complex there was some thin woman (likely a drug addict, but he didn't care enough to look) getting out conveniently at the right moment--- which Samson took by charging the woman knocking her down on the ground and quickly slamming the door shut. The police were trapped. Since these apartments required special keys to get inside the building he had a few minutes before the woman let the cops in so he took the opportunity to keep running his ass off as he charged down the nearest hallway.

In a minute the woman collected herself and let the police in. Since they saw the hallway Samson went down and ran after him, and in a minute they had caught to him since he had stopped to caught his breathe. Right when he noticed they were here, he restarted the chase.

The chase had lead him to the roof of the apartment complex, the very edge and much like those movie scenes where the hero is on the brink. The police quickly surrounded him, and it would seem that there was no where else to go. It would seem. Samson didn't like using his powers like this since it made him fairly obvious. He sighed, and closed his eyes and spread his arms far apart just right when one of the police officers screamed "Get away from the edge and get on the ground!"

Samson smirked, they were in for quite the show. His entire being was coated in a strange white fire that had a heavenly glow to it and the flames his arms slowly took the form of two glorious wings, and the flames around his legs started to shape like bird legs and had vicious talons. The officers were amazed... up until Samson fell backwards off the edge--- then completed his transformation into Phoenix form.

And then he flew into the sunset.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 2:30 am

Debating about bringing back Iggy from Desolation, is that okay with you, joural? https://rpproject.rpg-board.net/t518p30-desolation-ooc-ic-restarted#23166
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:15 am

Lone, add some detail to his normal form that actually shows him as being a mutant and I'm fine with all that.

Get rid of the blessing, and it should be fine. Also, maybe the breath just scrambles the signals his brain sends? Because otherwise you've given yourself the ability to render someone incapable of thought. That... it a little over the top.

BTW, for anyone who read it I've decided to change what the Phora stuff does.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 1:38 pm

Sounds good; yeah, making someone incapable of thought was never what the breath did; basically, the end result is reminiscent of a taser.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 2:24 pm

That's what I figured you meant, but you mentioned colours and smells, which is signals received. Bit different.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 3:40 pm

I should really work on using more than just one character for superpower RPs. Also, shitty sample post. Please forgive me.

Name: Damon Viscous
Appearance: Damon appears to be an English-American man whose hair is light black and short cropped and is paired up with a clean shaven face that shows off his paleness of his skin; which contrasts with his hazel eyes that glimmers with intelligence. He has a somewhat slouched posture during relaxed, casual occasions, but can stand up straight with shoulders broad at 5’11” when the situation calls for formality. The man’s build is average; he isn’t athletic, and he doesn’t have chiseled abs – but living on the run has kept him somewhat active so while he does have some body fat, it isn’t in excessive amounts. He has a worn down, brown leather jacket that appears to be riddled with holes, and beneath that is a simple white t-shirt, also appearing to have many holes in it. In fact, almost every piece of his clothing appears to have holes in it, even the black designer jeans (you probably shouldn’t ask him where he got it). The only exception there seems to be are these rough looking brown leather boots, that may or may not be steel toed, but I’m sure you wouldn’t want to find out. He also seems to have a bandana that’s wrapped loosely around his neck that doesn’t appear to be there for any purpose other than just being there

Damon’s complexion is rather fine actually, save for the occasional blemish or inflammation caused by irritation of the skin. One thing that an observant person would notice about him is that his skin doesn’t show. His hands are usually tucked in his pockets, his neck is wrapped in that bandana, all you can really of him-him is his face, which, if he was working, would appear stern and his brows creased in concentration and forethought. Or he could be smiling, which shows off the dimples in his cheeks. Most often though, if you were to find him on the streets, he would look wary. Almost jumpy, even. Just by looking at him you can tell he isn’t a murderer or a crook though. More like a man with a terrible secret, a burden that weighs him down with every step he makes.

Personality: Generally analytical and serious in his work place. He is oblivious to the world around him, nothing but pure concentration channeling into whatever he is doing, his intellect practically radiating off of him as his fingers blindingly zipping around the keyboard of his computer. In this train of thought, he has an air of authority that he could never achieve on his own consciously. Almost an alter-ego of his real self. Around company, he comes off as the sweetest, thoughtful gentlemen, which contrasts with the way he dresses. In truth, Damon is in fact an introvert, rather having to sit back whilst in a group or in the company of peers, which are few in between. However, he hides this with the mask of a positive disposition. He lacks assertiveness while in casual interactions, and has maybe one, maybe two friends if he’s lucky, that he can feel comfortable around.

His intelligence is an outstanding factor. What he lacks in physical aptitude, he makes up for being a tech wiz. He even made his own computer and rigged a mobile wifi hotspot, which allows him to cruise the internet as fast as a roadrunner. While on the run, he has gotten by only by a side job that he has (along with stealing occasionally). He is capable of hacking into computers and software, creating and deleting Trojans, and even creates spikes, USB’s and data chips to give to people. Technically, this is illegal, but technically, Damon doesn’t really give a rat’s ass because the law has hunted him down for countless years. It also pays a fortune, hacking for people. To an average citizen that doesn’t know his story, he would be morally depraved, and a sad man. Damon prefers the term morose, or maybe even forlorn. But he does what he can to get by. Despite what the upstanding citizen may think of him, he does have a great deal of morals and he does his best to abide by them. He has managed to go this many years without harming someone again.

Skills: Very computer savvy, hacking, and coding. Has the ability to develop a Trojan capable of deleting every piece of information in a computer or even a whole system, but that would take a couple days of development though.

Power: Damon is a living hive. Africanized bees infest his body, unbeknownst to the people around him. Inside of him are what could be hundreds upon thousands of bees, and they’re even crawling about in his clothes, which are the cause of the holes his clothes that he has tried desperately to replace, but new holes keep being torn open to allow easy access. He has since given up. It’s also the reason why he wears so much clothing in the first place, and covers his skin. Littered upon his body are holes. It’s like an underground system, from within his abdomen, his legs, his back, his arms, and even in the palms of his hands. The bees, since their initial occupancy, have ravaged much of the internal organs of Damon’s body to point of non-functionality. What remains is his digestive system, respiration system, most of his circulatory system (which damaged much of his nervous system), and his head remains free of infestation. His reproduction system (due to the bees inhabiting most of the abdomen) has been damaged to the point that any actual reproduction would be impossible.

Damon has, to the slightest extent, extrasensory or telepathic abilities that allow him control over the insects that dwells within his body. The bees follow every one of his demands like a mindless robot, like pawns on a chess board. He also releases a specific pheromone that appeals to bees in the surrounding vicinity and lures them to him, and it also negates the pheromone that the queen bee has that keeps other female bees from reproducing. So, if allowed, he could be surrounded by a mass of writhing bugs with pointy stingers of colossal size. However, that would increase the rate of physical and mental deterioration. The fewer bugs he keeps occupied inside him, the means of self-defense decreases, but his humanity would be preserved a little longer. The more he has, his means of self-defense if astronomical, but his humanity would deteriorate faster. So it would only be a matter of time until he “dies” before he completely cracks and goes insane.

Since he is full of bees, he can adopt certain properties of them. Insects have natural strength in comparison to size, so he could be a little stronger. He could command them to hoist him into the air and allow him to fly. If he wanted to, and I doubt he does, he could shoot a stream of bees at the landing skids of a helicopter and send it crashing into the ground (reference). So, depending on the situation, he is capable of being a badass. Obviously, this ability is a mixed bag. A big down side is that, like said before, his body and mind is deteriorating. Body is obvious, with those holes in his body and all. The bees, at a certain point, planted themselves along the central nervous system and at the very edge of the brain stem. Think really hard about what that might turn into. Although he practically has complete control, there are some, incidents, so to speak, that can occur. A great deal of stress and anger can cause him to crack just a bit and make him go batshit for a minute or so. Any means of telepathy or mind reading also upsets the bees in the body which generates stress on Damon as well. So psychic powers can make him crack as well. Although this protects him from mind reading and telepathy to some extent, it is an uncomfortable experience that everyone would wish to avoid.

He also has very minor regenerative abilities. Bees have been known to cook surrounding wasps alive by surrounding them and raising their temperature. Using this natural ability, Damon can slightly cauterize wounds and kill off very minor infections.

Limits: Kind of already included in the "Power" section. Gradual mental and physical deterioration.

Background: Damon is on the run from law enforcement because of: a. his mutant status, and b. a run in he had a long time ago. An accident occurred that involved the maiming and eventual death of a man that jumped him in a back alley once. Damon snapped, and the screaming that came afterward prompted an emergency call from a bystander. This one memory haunts him to this day.

Sample Paragraph: Dark, grimy, humid were some of the words to describe the alley he was in. The afternoon sun wasn’t so high in the sky to reach in between the crevices of the two buildings, one of them being the club. The brick walls were laid on thick with graffiti of multiple colors, but all stained and covered up by the disgusting dirt and garbage that plagued the area. One could practically taste the air and its rancid fume. A young man worn ragged had dozed off between two garbage cans in this particular alley, and it’s a wonder he was able to stand the disgusting setting. His esoteric face was bowed down in exhaustion and concealed by a green woolen blanket with various holes scattered among the fabric. Nothing was around save for the occasional squeak of a mouse or the mew of an old alley cat to wake him. He would stay rested there for another hour or so, before a large looking man with his hand in his pocket, concealed by a long baggy shirt, approached. Without an ounce of provocation, this man ripped the blanket off of the poor soul and dragged him from his slumber by his black, short-cropped hair.

Damon was ruthlessly raised to his feet and slammed against the brick wall without a clue of what was going on until his assailant pressed a cold metal gun to his temple. The severity of the situation began to sink in, and the victim felt his heartbeat pick up, thrashing itself against the inside of his chest. He heard nothing but the distorted voice of the thug in front of him as the world seemed to fade out around him. He felt the stinging sensation on the scalp alleviate as his hand moved from his hair to collar and shirt, and was slammed once more into the brick wall, snapping him out from his dazed state.

“I said where! Where is it?” He demanded.

“W-what? Where, where’s what?”

“Give me what you’ve got! Your money or I swear to god I’ll do it!” The man sobbed, waving his gun next to Damon’s head. The assailant’s head was red and angry and sweating and tears rolled down his cheeks.

“I-I don’t have anything!” Damon told him. That was a lie. His pocket held fifty dollars and his backpack that held his laptop was against the wall where he was sleeping. “Please just let me go, I’ll let you off, I won’t call any authorities!”

The attacker didn’t seem to be listening to Damon has he pleaded for solitude, or proclaimed his lack of possession. He dug through his pockets without regard and ended up finding crumpled fist full of dollar bills from Damon’s trousers. He looked down at Damon in the eyes, which shifted back in forth in innocence, with nostrils flaring. “You lie!”

The man took the gun from his head and bashed blunt end of it against Damon’s head, causing him to crumple to ground. The man, however, did not leave. He stood there still, stuffing the money in his pocket and put both hands on his gun, pointing it at the man that lay before him on the ground. Damon’s world around him swirled and blurred – the last he felt was the cold melt knocking every cognitive thought out of his head. He tried to push himself up from the ground but his arms and his hands were unresponsive… but what he did feel was, at first a pulsing headache, then something inside deep his mind snap. Uncontrollably, he threw his arm forward, grabbing the attacker’s ankle and pulling it back making him drop to the floor before the gun was fire out of surprise. Rising to his feet, Damon brought down a bone cracking stomp on the man’s wrist, keeping him away from the gun. His hand swooped down grabbing the attacker around the throat and jaw and squeezed.

The man, driven to desperate measures to survive, once angry and full of sorrow, only felt fear as he struggled for air and fought off the pain in his arm. He saw only mindless anger in his target’s hazel eyes, mindless anger that of a beast. And as he fought to get Damon off of him, his eyes widened in fear as bees steadily crawled from the holes in Damon’s clothes from every inch of his body. His chest, his shoulders, his arms, his legs, and for instance, he saw bees crawling from a crusted, gaping ulcer in Damon’s neck. The last he would ever see was the swarm of bees gathering above the struggling two before depositing themselves into his mouth and down his throat.

Damon’s mind was blank. He watched emotionlessly as the swarm of insects stuffed themselves in the oral cavity of the face, stretching the esophagus wider than it was ever meant to, and the man writhe in pain as their poisonous stingers penetrated the soft insides of the attacker. The only thing that could snap him out from this moment of senselessness was identifying a woman in his peripheral vision who stood horrified at the sidewalk. As he looked up, he felt all of his senses come back to him, memory at all. He found himself crouching over the man he viciously murdered in cold blood, looking at a woman who dialed the emergency number as fast as she could. Damon felt his world spin around him once more, feeling a mixture of guilt and horror; he took off, grabbing his backpack on the way out, knowing that he would have to run for the rest of his life. He knew he couldn’t spare a moment to rest, he couldn’t stay in one place too long, and that he would always be haunted by this memory, never able to escape.

And so he ran.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 3:52 pm

With the apparent "competition" (if you can even call it that) between this RP and EBXX, I decided I might as well join this one. This is based off of a character who appears in , not to surprisingly, legit EBXX canon (as in the story I have for it, not the RP based on it).

Name: Kelsey Shal
Appearance: Kelsey is approximately 5'7" in height and is considerably skinny for her age. She has naturally occurring albinism (aka not from the mutation), and thus her skin is an almost ghostly white, her long, waist-length hair is a slightly darker colored blond, and her eyes are an almost red color. Her hair also has what is described as an "ahoge", a small lock of hair on top of her head that seems to always stand up. Her face can be described as "vamp-y", to the point that even her canine teeth are pointy (those are fake, however). After the mutation, her ears got slightly pointier as well.

Her most defining feature, however, are the wing-like growths emerging from her back, caused solely by the mutation. She cannot fly with them, as they are simply skin and odd bone growths and lack the necessary muscle, and are especially painful to Kelsey.

Her clothing is a hand-made scarlet toga-like... thing, torn from simple lack of care. She also wears various gems on rings and such, which she believes to have mystical powers. They don't.

Personality: Before the mutation, Kelsey was a polite, kind, and pretty nice girl, if a bit to herself. A short time after the mutation, however, she started becoming more and more aggressive to others, including her family. At the state she is in now, she is very much insane. She is not "insane" in the "off-the-walls" kind of insane, but rather she is hellbent on destruction for no reason. She is reckless, but not dumb.

Skills: Kelsey is an excellent archer, and while she was in school was top in the club.

Power: None besides improved strength.

Limits: Well considering her only real power is an improved strength, she can only support so much. Which is probably about 300 lbs. Also, her wings are incredibly sensative and give her enough pain already.

Background: Kelsey was a 10th grade student at the local high school before the mutation really kicked in. Teased because of her albinism, she had few friends and turned to what can be best described as her own brand of witchcraft to keep comfort. While her parents did not mind, they started getting concerned after she started acting more and more aggressive towards others. Blaming her arcane beliefs on said aggression, they took all of her paraphernalia by force and disposed of it, in hopes that this world clear her mind. Quite oppositely, this was what made her totally snap. In the night, she shot each ember of her family, including her younger brothers, and burned the house down. She fled into the woods before she could be caught, and has been living there since.

Sample Paragraph: Can I get back to you on this?

...well, that's the best I can do.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 4:12 pm

We can put off your RP until this one is done if that works with you. It would also give you some time to refine it some and work on its plot.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 4:23 pm

Jester wrote:
We can put off your RP until this one is done if that works with you. It would also give you some time to refine it some and work on its plot.
Oh I've already had a plot for it. For months, actually. I've just been keeping it vague on purpose. Besides, it's not as much of a superhero RP as a sci-fi/psychological horror RP with superhero elements.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm

I should come up with a character besides Damon then.

I am not good with powers.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 7:20 pm

cursiveWrit wrote:
Lone, add some detail to his normal form that actually shows him as being a mutant and I'm fine with all that.

Forgive me but I'm not sure what exactly you mean.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:46 pm

Moon, I didn't mean a litteral competition, just that neither will do as well as they would otherwise. If you start in, say, two weeks it should be far enough out that the effect of it is neutralized.

Also, in cae people didn't notice the IC is up in "fantasy". Gopost!

Those both sound fine.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 26 Feb 2013, 8:50 pm

If anyone wants to interact with Victoria or Samson then that's fine by me. Samson will be in the woods somewhere, and Victoria would be anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Feb 2013, 6:30 pm

Might scratch whatshisface (not very attached to him, as you can see) and try Procella again here.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 28 Feb 2013, 1:12 am

Here's the sheet. The backstory is intended to be humorous and isn't really important.

Name: Iggy Evans
Appearance: It varies. He's normally a solid 6'2" tall. He's slender and pale, as though he's been lightly fed and isn't fond of the sun. He looks generally unkempt. Hs hair is long, messy, and black, with one lock of golden yellow in the front. His eyes are yellow, and they've got a vacant look to them, like he's got another conversation going, and you're just while he's doing while he's having it. His clothing is oversized, but still ripped. He wears a very oversized hoodie of some sort, almost always with the hood up and old sweats with similarly ratty thrift-shop sneakers.
Big thing is, he most obviously isn't human, if you can see in the hood. He has a ^-shaped ridge of bony green spines on the crown of his head. There are five spines: one at the peak of the ^, which is at the crown of his head, pointing backwards and slightly up, and two forming the slightly convex sides, which go down below his ears. The spines are connected by a golden membrane with ever-shifting silver swirls in it. (That's an ear; don't touch it, or he will grow claws and amputate your face with them). That whole thing is about six inches long at the top and five long at the bottom. Also, he has a pair of gently curved bone horns about eight inches long on either side of the frill.
Personality: He used to be a rather carefree person, before the dragon showed up in his head. Now he'd just like to be left alone by all these psychos, except that he can't stand being alone and has to get food sometime. As previously noted, he's perpetually distracted, trying to stay on top of his own head.

But then there's the dragon. Or dragoness, to be more accurate about 75% of the time lately. She doesn't match Iggy's personality in the least. She's an obsessive perfectionist and a supremacist that hates anything that isn't hers, precisely because she does not own it. If someone else had a nuclear weapon, the dragon would rail against their very existence on principle. If the dragon were to have one, rationalizations would be made until she was proclaiming its wonders to the world. Sometimes, when Iggy willingly tries to go full-on dragon, he'll end up letting the dragon have full control until he can get it back.

Skills: Marketable skills? What's that?
In seriousness, he's really good with a guitar, and this is how he supports himself: he busks on street corners, making enough to get by when you factor in unemployment.
Power: Iggy is a shapeshifter, of sorts. He just has a limited form and terrible control. His alternate form is a green dragon of a generally Western cast. When he's unobserved, he changes, uncontrollably. Generally, it's just a body part swap, unless he tries to do more. But it happens. Every single time. Whenever he's not looked at, he's coming out different. When he's alone, he's in a void where the only thing he can see, hear, feel, or taste is the dragon breathing down his neck.

The dragon form also gives him a breath weapon. But it's not fire, or ice, or anything so crass. It's more like raw, distilled chaos in breath form. It doesn't damage things or hurt people; it's explicitly non-lethal unless the subject inadvertently harms themselves or they were already extremely weakened so that this might be the straw that broke the camel's back. The effect is that it scrambles the outgoing signals from the subject's brain for some seconds; in other words, moving your body becomes like playing QWOP where the controls shift spontaneously and randomly. The effect persists for about eight seconds, at which point control starts coming back slowly.

Limits(Anything you or I add to make an otherwise ridiculous power workable): As mentioned before, saying he's in control would be giving him entirely too much credit. His somewhat-sociopathic alter ego generally wears the pants in the relationship. At least she realizes that since they inhabit the same body, she should help keep him alive as best she can. And then there's the whole thing about being seen, that's a pretty big issue.
Background(Any details you would consider relevant): He lives in a one-room apartment downtown with his goldfish and makes his living by playing the guitar for tips. He used to have a steady job at a McD's, until a co-worker invited him to come over and try a new TTRPG with them.
You know how there was all that hysteria that RPG's were satanic? Well, Dungeons: The Dragoning 2nd Edition from Black Dog Press was the exception that proved the rule; it turned out that when you used the official minis and battlemat, playing through one of the official modules and tried a particular flanking maneuver, you summon the flanked creature; namely, one officially labeled a "Green Wyrm Aspect" which attempted to take over Iggy's body.

That's when the insanity started. At first, the thing was just in his head, but when it started screwing with his body, Iggy quit his job and went freelance. Not having the 7a-3p grind was nice, but the money is still missed.
Sample Paragraph(A quick action scene to show your ability in action would be ideal):
Spoiler:

Last edited by AW on Thu 28 Feb 2013, 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of Legends OOC   Rise of Legends   OOC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rise of Legends OOC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next