WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread

Go down 
+10
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Phoden
€rim
BBeast
Mr Allen J
Patches
Surprise
Element
Fatman Cavalier
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 12:19 pm

I'd say that the title gives you about all the information you might need concerning this thread. It's for discussion about my roleplay Dungeon Keepers, which becomes essential when intercharacter interaction becomes involved. It is here that I keep my compendium, a source of all knowledge concerning our characters, minions, realms, what have you.

Link to IC thread, where all the necessary information is:
The Stranger World
Feel like a spot of reading? Take a gander at the previous installment:
The Fifth Age
For a blast from the past, lay your eyes upon Prospo's version. No judging:
Dungeon Keepers

Compendium

Fatman Cavalier
Keeper: Uekaru – A deadly and ancient warlord in the body of a mere human. Wields soldier's Yanmaodao sword, enchanted with the sacred oil of a Buddhist temple.
Dungeon: Metal Town Quarry - a lengthy but undeveloped system of tunnels and chambers and dominated by a huge chamber full of basalt stone and black sand where Uekaru keeps his Heart.
Lvl 1 Minion: Tengu - Squat but powerful manlike workers and warriors with red skin.

Element
Keeper: Jin'zul, a long forgotten keeper from Outremar who once possessed great magical power, including the ability to use forbidden Black Magick to manipulate the aspects of Soul, Shadow, Smoke, and Blood.
Dungeon: Currently one small, squat, above ground room crudely built of stone, surrounded by a dark maze of other such structures. Inside the central room is the dungeon heart in plain sight. Imps and Savages have taken up residence in the nearby village, and a brick kiln is under construction between the village and the nearby river.

Phoden
Keeper: Lei Shen the Thunder King - Originally the God of storms he was Lei Bong. But slowly corrupted by Keeper energies and being mistreated by mortals. This loving god is becoming a Monster of Destruction. Soon his thunder will boom throughout the land and all that would stand and fight. Fall to the Tyrants Iron Hand.

CursiveWrit
Keeper: Tekkeitsertok - Taking the role of a native god of hunting, caribou, and the earth. Communes with the ground around him.

Bbeast
Keeper: Davy Jones - Maritime legend in a healthy human body.
Dungeon: A makeshift Heart in an abandoned cellar connected to a sewer.
Rogue Construct: Torrens Igneus - A Rogue Construct from the previous Age. He is a demonic physical manifestation of heat and fire, dependant on thermal energy as his life-force and power. Current trapped, without any of his aforementioned abilities, in the form of an African male.
Lvl 1 Minion:
Resurrected Sailor - a modification of a human. It is fully amphibious, has unusually dark skin and pointy teeth.

Jester
Keeper: Bataar – An ancient and innovative technimage taking on the guise of an unassuming human.

Blaze-vortex
Keeper: Escavar

Lady Amaranth
Keeper: Ordine - A keeper obsessed with order and perfection. Commands over the ethereal which she believes to be the ultimate form of existance.
Dungeon: The beginning of three white marble spires hidden in a reef in the Mediterranean Sea.

Ji
Keeper: Merakgul - Former self proclaimed lord of ooze and slime from Outremar.

LegionOfShadows
Keeper: Sanguine
Dungeon: Corfe Castle, Dungeon Heart, Framework of Imp Portal

More to be added.
-=-=-

Get gabbing, people. Ask me questions, like "Can I be *x*?" or "What was *x* like at 1818 since Ican't use Google?" or even "What were you drinking when you came up with this?"

Last edited by Fatman Cavalier on Thu 30 May 2013, 12:58 pm; edited 14 times in total
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 12:44 pm

You said on the Sporum that I could have a Rogue Construct who came through the portal, but need he start out as a human like all our keepers? That wouldn't work out well, since a construct can't exactly have imps and just grow more powerful by building a dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 1:05 pm

Naw, he doesn't need to start out as a human. Since he won't get exponentially more powerful as time goes on and will stay relatively the same, you can start him out as whatever you have planned.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 3:11 pm

wasn't the first version of this by one of the guys from the roleplay thread? N-something? Neonus? I seem to recall him making one a long time ago, and the later version building off that.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 4:14 pm

I-I... am kind of interested. I'm not entirely sure what to do with my dungeon keeper or what kind of creatures to make (maybe steampunk/clockwork robots), but I think I want to set up a dungeon maze in the Grand Canyon. Kind of like cave system inside there?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 5:08 pm

I want to make my third creature integrate into the dungeon itself, turning my dungeon into a kind of genus loci. That'd be really, really cool. 'it's okay guys, there's nothing her ohgodthewallsjustmovednowthere'sahoardofmonsters!'

yeah!
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 6:06 pm

@Jester, your imagination is the limit, aside from my general rules. You may by all means have a steampunk army in the Grand Canyon, but your robotic legion's pastime could very well be limited to terrorizing Native Americans. And the closest person to you right now is probably Cursive.

Remember to put compendium descriptions at the bottom of your posts, please.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 6:26 pm

I'll post something soon as I think of something. I'm a bit busy atm.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 6:37 pm

Huzzah! A new age approaches.

I should mention you have not covered Rogue Constructs sufficiently in the IC.

And are we on our own for figuring out how to gain power?
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 6:48 pm

I'll look into Rogue Constructs. As for gaining power, is it not said in the OP that we gain power as our Dungeon is built and expands and we conquer?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 7:56 pm

yes, but we're starting at square zero. No dungeon, no imps, no nothing. Are there any rules about how we find the imps, or what?

I think my guy is turning into a nature dude, with an affinity for cold. Should be interesting. I think I'll have to steal something from the golden compass in that case, though...
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 8:12 pm

I knew that. And we are left on our own to figure out how to do that as a mere human. Sounds like a challenge. Of course, I suppose it would vary from Keeper to Keeper, and place to place.

Speaking of places, I can't decide where to put my Keeper to start building my Dungeon (eventually). It can't be too heavily populated, so major cities are out of the question. But it has to have strong marine activity. I'm thinking of somewhere connected to the Atlantic Ocean, so either Eastern America or Western Europe. Even just a general region would do. My knowledge of geography is too small to decide on even a general location.
Connected to trade routes, Atlantic Ocean, small city/medium town, coastal. Anyone with any idea what part(s) of the world I might possibly find such a place? I don't even need a specific town. Just a vague location.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 8:33 pm

the area around the southern tip of Alaska is full of small towns, has a massive trade role(once you mine up some gold), and has obvious potential for maritime power.

Plus, then we could meet up, and try to kill/ ally each other!
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 8:39 pm

It is a challenge, yeah. Two two main options I see are using magic to summon imps (Which I will allow) or bending humans to your cause.

As for location, I believe Tripoli, on Africa's northern coast to the very busy Mediterranean, would satisfy those requirements. I'm no expert but I believe it has some potential.

@Phoden, was mentioning your Keeper's junk really necessary? Also, you have magical armor and weapons and some power without having any sort of Dungeon which a Dungeon Keeper needs to have things like magical gear and powers.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 8:43 pm

You didn't mention Africa as a spot, BBeast. The slave trade would still be in business, with thousands of Africans from further inland being captured and shipped across the Middle Passage to the Caribbean, Southern USA, and South American ports.

The abundance of slaving ships would mean you could easily capture a fleet and dominate the seas, and you could either assist with the slave trade to grow wealthy or practically destroy the market, which would have a big impact on the Americas, at least.

Edit: Got ninja'd by cavalier. In Phoden's defense, I for one interpreted his post as saying that his magical armor and junk wasn't working. I think Carmina Rege was just making the realization that the powers he had possessed on Outremar suddenly vanished.

Edit 2: Nevermind, Phoden made another post I hadn't seen at the time I made my first edit.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 8:56 pm

there were also like 300 typos and the 'paragraphs' were so short they practically didn't say anything. C'mon, phoden, put some work into editing your stuff!
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 9:29 pm

It may be possible that Phoden doesn't have English as a first language. Either that, some kind of mental deficiency (for example, dyslexia), or is simply lazy. He has expressed that he can and enjoys reading our long and literate posts. My guess is second language.

But why guess when you can ask? Phoden, if you don't mind us asking, is English your native language?

My potential options are: Canada (Newfoundland looks promising in my atlas, with several sea routes passing it) or Africa (with its heavy slave trade activity). I'll look into it. Any further insight is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 10:51 pm

... 1800s... sea stuff...

dear god do you want newfoundland. They have all the boats. Trade boats, fishing boats, and even a few military boats, I think, left over from the war of 1812. And when I say fishing boats, I mean like an armada

just objectively way too many boats

EDIT: I am going to be Tekkeitsertok, native god of caribu, hunting, and the earth. Why? Because I want to lead the inuit on a rampage to regain their lost land.

This is gonna be fun.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 11:24 pm

Here, have a shitty post from yours truly.

How exactly would I get started on the production of imps?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 11:29 pm

come up with a MAGIC method by which you can call them, begin casting spell to call them, call them, ???, PROFIT!

Also, weren't you going technokeeper? 'Cause if so, you should make automatons in place of imps.

Just sayin'
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 06 Apr 2013, 11:51 pm

Thanks to the inspiration derived from Joural and the guy that posted before me (Element?) I HAVE SOLVED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS.

Now to think of a way to wreck Joural's hippy army... shouldn't be too hard...
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 12:49 am

I'm kinda interested in this so I won't make any promises but I may post something for this later.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 9:33 am

My main language is dutch. But English is my second best language. Bless god for those old Zoro series.

Cavalier.

If you remeber from the previous rp. Carmine was a lot of using souls for power.

Yes element. My first post was that as Carmine was launched by the portal on earth all his powers were drained. This is why he got hotter as he felt as his daemonci skin dissapeared

I hope this was clear. But in my posts I write how Carmines armor is daemonic 'looking'. But not daemonic. Its just pimp armor 'just metal'. As mentioned he had no powers and became completly human. But he used his old sword with some rituals and such to suck up the soul of 1 man. This gave carmine a little bit of power.

This ofcourse is just equal toa very very very very very very very weak wizard.

So after 1 soul all he could do was shoot a very small fireball. Looks like putting on a tooth pick on fire and throwing it.

So No carmine isn't strong. If he was strong why would need help of a human?

And don't wory. I am not oping him.

Because by the time you read this all will be clear to you because I will post in the Ic and you'll see.

Because I am not going to rp as Carmine.

He is just needed to build up my real character.
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 10:02 am

@Phoden, Alrighty, that clears it up a ton.

@Crim, I'll look forward to your entrance.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Apr 2013, 11:40 am

The creation of an imp depends on other people's posts, yes? If making an imp takes 7 posts, then there'll need to be seven posts that aren't mine?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next