WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread

Go down 
+10
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Phoden
€rim
BBeast
Mr Allen J
Patches
Surprise
Element
Fatman Cavalier
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
BBeast
User

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 7:04 pm

Jester wrote:
I don't know what has happened in Outremar since this is the first time I've participated in Dungeon Keepers - if anything, we could have it simply be pure speculation. This isn't to say he knows how solar power works, but in an area with lots of sun like a desert, sun powered equipment would be beyond useful. As for nuclear power, he hasn't gotten anywhere near to accomplishing that sort of feat. It's more of a theory he has been working on for ages upon ages but was a project that never started and likely won't for quite a while.
Fair enough.

Now that I think about it, solar power does not necessarily mean photovoltaic cells. It could also be mirrors concentrating sunlight into a central point to create intense heat. That would be quite easy to devise. A technology possible to the ancients (what they would use it for is another matter, but that's beside the point). Who needs coal steam power when you can have solar steam power?
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 7:07 pm

Thanks for the help with the information, Bbeast.

I want to remind everyone of the system we use when spawning creatures we've created and of the compendium. The system, by the way, is that we can create a new batch of units every time we post once we've got a reliable production method, but spamming is not encouraged. By now all of you have given me what I've asked for in terms of Keepers, but remember to submit pieces describing your creatures, dungeon, and anything else of particular interest as well. Be sure to include significant updates to your avatar.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 7:18 pm

Bataar's plan is to basically fuse three of the imp automations together, which, while sacrificing those three imps initially, it would automatically create imps for him, like a mini factory-in-a-box. It could (by your permission) generate on either oil, or a couple drops of his own blood. It would produce an imp automation every three turns. Do you deem that acceptable?

I'm also curious on how one creates a heart.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 7:32 pm

Phoden, I really think your character is progressing far too quickly. First and foremost, whereas we all have only one or two imps at this point, you've got dozens of creatures and have raided a village. Secondly, while the plot twist was clever, you totally bypassed having your Keeper start out as a weak human on par with everyone else. And lastly, you've made practically no posts about adding basic infrastructure to your dungeon. You have no conduit for magic, no living space for the creatures, and no portal or anything through which you could reasonably have your forces grow at this rate.
Back to top Go down
Fatman Cavalier
Refugee
Fatman Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

Jester, I do deem your method acceptable. As for creating a heart, the imps create the basic structure and then your Keeper 'activates' it, usually making it very magical and a locus of his power. For instance, in the last DK I played a ghost Keeper summoned from a lantern. Once it had summoned imps, they carved out an underground area in a huge subterranean ravine and built an elaborate alter. Once the Keeper put its lantern on the altar, it became its heart.

Blaze, you are exhibiting a stunning capacity for magic. Also, since you haven't made imps yet, who kept watch over your two guards while Escavar 'went into the forest outside'? Any sane man would only serve a bloodthirsty, supernatural murderer out of fear, and would take any opportunity to run.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 8:20 pm

@Jester, oil power is quite accessible in this age. Just accessing oil is slightly trickier. As for a Heart, in its most basic form just carve out/build a room and impart a segment of your essence/power into it. Throw in some furniture suitable to the activities of your Keeper. A small workshop, a desk, a small cupboard (for food and water) and a simple bed seems to be suitable essential furniture for your Keeper at the moment, although you could forgo furniture and go with a space of ethereal magic (but that doesn't fit with your theme). I'm going to build a Heart with the abandoned cellar I just found. I'll have to renovate later, but it will do for the moment.

@Elemental, his power and dungeons comes, somehow, from the Nazca Lines, manipulated by his line-walkers (which appear the be the equivalent of imps). But yes, he is moving too quickly. Hasn't slowed to enjoy the development which this new setting prompts. Building from the ground up.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

Location : Sorry, but after two minutes of hard thinking I was unable to come up with something witty and original.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 10:03 pm

He stated that his Keeper has been imprisoned and that his magic vanished, but now for some reason Phoden has claimed that the magic came back, and his Keeper is super powerful.
Back to top Go down
LegionOfShadows
Refugee
LegionOfShadows

Location : Queensland, Australia (Country), Australia (Continent), Terra, Sol, Milky Way, My Stomach.

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue 09 Apr 2013, 11:03 pm

Dayu, I missed the first 3 pages. Seems to have been really popular.

Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:14 am

Well, Indeed there was no magic on earth.

Than came the keepers also without magic but with the knowledge .

Carmine ritual awoke the sleeping immortals and terrenum who were in a kind of hibernation but trapped.

Terrenum fed of the magic causing Carmines plan going down the drain.

He became free , But the immortals and terrenu mwere still traped in their stones or boudn to them. Terrenum ate Carmine and the old mysticness and such surrounding carmine allowed Terrenum to get free. Now he acts as his earth keeper , just different names but same mechanics.

He came free and first I transfomeed Frederick and his mercenaries to my Linewalkers.
Than I let them build my dungeon heart. But I gave it a kind of special name the corazĂ³n.

I used my remaning magics to let my linewalkers create this heart. After this was done I ofcourse my heart produces new magics.

My linewalkers than con,structed an kind of Inca piramde around the heart.

My earthbound monsters live in the ground an do'nt need a lot of room. But I must admit , I have indeed progressed far. My netxt posts will be more focused on icnreasing the temple complex ith thigns that evil keeopers need while building up my forces.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 11:42 am

Phoden, the real problem isn't the way you've been progressing, but rather the speed. Where the most advanced besides you has 11 imps, and several of us don't even have our first, you have dozens of creatures, a small dungeon, tons of 'imps', and a surplus of power.

never mind the 'immortals'. what are those even supposed to be? Sounds an awful lot like constructs, who take a decent length of time to make in the first place.

blaze, that isn't how guns work. Ignoring the fact you just threw a fireball with heat significantly higher than 1175C(2150F)(and this is relatively low for iron), which is hot enough to cause severe pain to any human within, what, 50 feet of it(which you are!), the amount of gunpowder is not enough to 'cause his arm from the elbow on to be blown clean off'. And, again, that much heat near his body would cause him far greater concerns than his gun exploding- the air around him(like, all of it) would combust at somewhere around 700~ degrees C. in other words, he is now on fire. As is your keeper.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 1:30 pm

Science!
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 1:38 pm

The immortals are the people of Terrenum , they are keepers who are not from the original keeper plant but earth.

Terrenum is their king and they ruled an empire , or short to say they let humans build an emprie and as leeches they brought their claws and jaws deep and held it in a grip sucking out souls and life in great feasts.

But they were trapped and their pwoer draned from them , Untill Carmine's little ritual allowing Most immortals to awaken but not freed, Terrenum than took the magic to kidna free him but not really and he than consumed Carmine to be free.

But still weakend and no way close to his prime , ages ago.

So the immmortals are like demi-keepers.

I want to raise them as constructs but as yo usaid that woudl take a hell of a lot of time.

So I create the orb th Immortal power orb. the orb has a constrsuct level.

I can use the orb and a soul of an linewalker to for a tim raise an immortal who will hgave the appropiate power as the level of an construct as the level the orb has.

But I have put limits on how to to advance the level of the orb. I need a subsustantial amount of human souls to power the orb. So That is wy one of my projects says gather a thousand souls for level advancement.

I am seeking to attack the city Nazca and kills its citizens to increase the orb's level. So that if I free an immortal shotly they'll be stronger.

I know this isn't how it works for constructs , But I wanted to use this for the immortals. I've already asked calavier if it is allowed.

But I'll repeat the immortals are still trapped and only when I free them for some time they have the pwoer of an cosntruct as the level of the orb , after some time also depending on the power of the orb they return back in their seals.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 2:59 pm

Jester wrote:
Science!

indeed.

I... may have a problem with letting silly science go. I once convinced a guy online to change a part of his story because the size of explosive he described would cause an explosion large enough to level a town.

Turns out using 'order of magnitude' to describe the difference between two things makes it hard to predict the outcome accurately without using math and references.

And Phoden, I would say you're far, far too early to have created something capable of doing what you just described. That's way beyond your capabilities. I don't care if it needs to be upgraded, you still just made what is essentially a soul jar. That's... ridiculous this early. And you still didn't address the question of how quickly you're advancing.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 5:17 pm

Well multi tasking. Most people when they atatck send their keeper and forces.

While my Keepers is coocking up monsters The immortals relay orders to their linewalkers.

Also probaply. Cuz I used my plot twist to stop the entire human thing and change directly to keeper.

So that means I probaply do already keeper things.

Cuz I already have a heart.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 5:39 pm

So your keeper has made an army of evil mini Keepers. Awesome! Just wait until they realize that ten mini Keepers can probably kill a single whole-Keeper.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:04 pm

There not made.

The orb allows only 1 immortal to be free with the strength of an construct for a while.

I mean at a time only 1 immortal can be on the field and your keepers can easily kick their ass.

You see the names in my list , but its jus tso I remeber their names.

If a keeper would fight an immortal who is free for while with the orb woudl get his ass handed so hard he woudlen't find its ass.

Cuz the immotals are still stuck i nthe nazca lines. They only be given a small vacation hour or so.

And I am only planning on making 1 orb.

So the immortal wanne be free first. Buit in my mind it took carmien and an entire mini dimension filled with magic , so In my eyes only way to truly free another immortal is with anotehr keeper.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:30 pm

I would like to point out that in RPs, especially like this one, the goal is not to be the best, especially if by cutting any corner you can, but to tell a good and enjoyable story. Playing fair and not being too overpowered.

I'm not saying you're doing the wrong things. Your method is sound as I see it. I'm just saying that people will feel exasperated and that things are unfair if one of us advances much faster than everyone else does.

Also remember that posts to complete new creatures and constructs takes other people's posts, not your own. I'm not sure if you noticed that (not that it will be a problem).
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:33 pm

I have been follwoing to that law. that advancements are other peoples post.

and creature growth is yours own.
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:38 pm

Phoden, even if you focus on building your dungeon, you've still been progressing extremely fast. Normally I wouldn't care, but seeing as my character is right next to yours and you mentioned fighting, I'd rather not have you just tramp over and maul Jin'zul by outnumbering him 10 to 1 like you currently do.

Now get get the impression that I'm unwilling to have our characters fight or interact, it's just when you've created a Keeper so powerful that form page 3 you can tell he's going to take over the world, the storyline is ruined and the RP is no fun, at least in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 6:48 pm

Take over the world?

I atatck an village of about 3 dozen men.

My creatures were decimaited by 30 human soldiers and only my immortal thanks to fear could win.

How am I supposed to conquer the world that has thopusands , Milions of Troops , let alone the fact How Am I supposed To conuqer entire Peru.This isn't outrmar filled with divided kingdoms and castles and sorcerers and barbarians with medivel amount of people. And the matter of fact If I start my rightious crusade of Peru what stops Brazil , Chili , colombia of sending troops to stop the monsters.

As this this isn't outramar , here humans aren't powerfless or stupid or few in numbers or weak.

Tell me , My creatures are as avanced as Inca's they think guns are Thunder cannons.

Tell me , How am I supposed to conquer Peru even if I sacrefisched all my linewalkers to keep an immortal as long on the field of possible I woulden't have enfough to conquer an substantial of Land.

And even if I died my troops would be excausted.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:03 pm

So, I've kinda run put of inspiration, things move kinda fast, and I've no idea by what metric things are normally done in this series of rps, so I'll just ask that you pretend my first post never happened, or I'll delete it if you guys want, but I'm just going to duck out of this rp. Best of luck gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
Phoden
Refugee
Phoden

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:11 pm

Oh comon, Juts think , what do yo uwanne do think gore , think erotic?

Think something your a keeper with unlimited power.

If you realy run otu of ideas just create an researcher of mayby 15 posts to become keeper , wait till 15 people posted and thanas keeper start your crusade of conservative injustice.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:23 pm

No no no, it's probably for that best that I just leave. I'm really not any good at this kind of thing anyway. I tend to downplay/underplay myself, and I wouldn't last long anyway. Or I would last forever, if I used basic common sense, but the potential for my character to have an impenetrable fortress with but a little logical reasoning is beside my point right now.

I really am more one for single character styled rps anyway.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 7:26 pm

Element wrote:
created a Keeper so powerful that form page 3 you can tell he's going to take over the world
Surprised

Frankly, I'm fairly confident that Bataar would stand a chance against him considering the amount of time he's left with to prepare for such an assault.

But of course, I'm not playing to win. Smile
Back to top Go down
Element
User
Element

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2013, 9:42 pm

Phoden, you claim to have already built an Incan pyramid as your dungeon. Those things are huge, and you didn't even take more than a page or two to build it with your limited manpower.

Then, you're already bending the rules by totally bypassing your Keeper starting out as a weak human with no real power, and by building some Orb as a LEVEL ONE construct that alliws you to summon one of several 'Immortals', which you described as demi-keepers, at any given time. One Immortal is injured? With the system you described, you'd have like 5 more to call in as replacements. On top of that, you're claiming that once you kill enough humans for souls, you'll get to have MULTIPLE of these 'Immortals' out at once.

About every Keeper, maybe with the exceotion of Bataar, thinks cannons are thunder-guns. You haven't balanced your Keeper by having a lack of technology. And the reason I went so far as to claim your Keeper is going to steamroll over everyone us the fact that Cavalier, the first person to post and therefor the person who probably should be the farthest ahead, has a force of about a dozen imps. Most of us have less than five followers. In stark contrast, you already have a dungeon, a powerful Keeper, dozens of followers, one conquered village, a construct, and the Immortals. You're already pages ahead of us all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread   Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dungeon Keepers: TSW OOC Thread
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next