WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power*

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Solace Goddark
User
Solace Goddark

Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power* Empty
PostSubject: Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power*   Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power* I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:26 am

One night, I was trying to sleep and, inevitably, I began thinking about things that would keep me awake for hours. One of these is a theory I had about time.

Humans travel forward in time passively, and, being linear creatures, we cannot travel "sideways" or "backwards", only forward. But my idea went somewhat like this:

What if every possibility, no matter how small(say, one of your skin cells dying one nanosecond before another) is occurring at the same time on an infinite plane, and, as we go through our lives, our bodies passively pick and choose from each possibility, and that's what makes us unique. Every possibility is considered subconsciously or happens without knowledge, and that could completely alter our specific timeline. The choices are seemingly infinite, and every possibility is considered, and then one out of them occurs.

I don't know what to make of this myself, feel free to post a response.

*(edit courtesy of Patches[seriously brah, don't be so hard on yourself])
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power*   Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power* I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Apr 2013, 10:56 am

Time is an idea constructed by the human mind to help us make sense of the world. It's more along the lines of "cause and effect", so to speak.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power*   Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power* I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2013, 12:23 am

Not a new theory. The concept of branching time, from every individual possibility and variation, is common. But I can see that your hypothesis is not so much on the nature of time but on how humans deal with it.

How does one pick and consider subconsciously? Especially for countless little details. What is more likely is that physics and chemistry carries us through most circumstances and we only pick the things which we choose to do (and then there are those random quantum movements, but those are generally too small to be worried about). If a bullet is whizzing towards you, nothing is going to stop it from hitting you save a physical obstacle. If one of your skin cells is dying, you can't do much about it. But you can choose, say, what to eat for breakfast or what to work as.

The laws of physics would determine how most matters end up without multiple options. For example, motion, gravity, chemistry, electromagnetism. Few things are randomised. For example, quantum, radioactive decay and life. We can't control the first two, but living things tend to do what they want. This is where the Universe becomes more unpredictable, and where any noticeable branching of time would occur.

But it is worth noting that theories on time branching, as far as I'm aware, tend to suggest that time branches during the event where a choice is made, not there being a branch in the path of time beforehand.

But this is all philosophical banter. Unable to perceive time, or tinker with it, we can only contemplate.

'Cause and effect' sums up the general opinion on time. You do something, and something else will happen because of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power*   Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory about Time from a 15 year old enslaving all the peons beneath him and his righteous power*
Page 1 of 1