WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC

Go down 
+5
Snowy
Patches
€rim
Admiral Ji
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:16 pm

Oh, no problem Lieo, I actually appreciate that input immensely. I shall correct it right away, I was merely in the shadow as to what the conversion rate was. Once again, gratitude.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm

Don't fix it yet, I only assumed that 5000 equaled 70. Once we get word from Jac we can do the math and figure it out.  big grin 
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm

Butbutbutbut I just fixed it! D:
Ah well. Can't be too grave a mistake. We'll just wait. Thanks anyhow!
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:38 pm

I've rephrased my character's age in nonnumeric terms, if that's okay. I enjoy the space afforded by ambiguity anyways.

Otherwise, the conversion from chronological age to biological age is 500:7 under Lieo's conversion. If we for some reason assume that all demons age at similar rates, then having a standard would help. I'd been using 50:1.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:43 pm

Jacokonus -Ash Bringer- wrote:
Well, one of the biiiig things here to remember is magic. That's about it. Demons are magic, they technically don't really need to eat or drink as much as we do, so food and the like would not truly be a big issue. The time frame for this is sort of like a medieval-modern mix so to say, as the dead that inhabit the area are from all times and places after all. The castle that they all work at is based mostly off an old Central European castle, yet it has many wonderful amenities about it. Age works sort of like this. Every 300 or so years would be considered a major part in life. 300 being an older kid, 600 being a teen, 900 being a young adult, but by about 1200, they sort of reach this pause on aging for a good 2000 or so years, depending. The only time a Demon would truly look old though is after 5000 years of age, and really, 300 years isn't that long for them. It's equivalent to how a human would persevere time.

So I guess the rate at which they age changes after 1200 or something?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 3:51 pm

Perhaps he meant by the rate that the demons matured. We'll figure it out soon.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Feb 2014, 9:56 pm

I apparently have 42 messages to read... uhm, okay then.

Anyway, let us just go with the magical number of 5000 being about 80 or 70 years old. Thusly, at about 2500 years of age, they would be around 40ish or so.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 8:50 am

Which means we get, according to our friend Jac, an aging ratio of 125 demon years per two human years. Commence your corrections!
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 11:54 am

Meaning my demon is precisely the age I meant him to be. More or less. YAY
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

Okay, when I get home from having commuted to work only to be told I'm not required today, I promise I'll get that sheet done.

Side note: I never had to bother with the age conversion. :p
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

Mmm, sounds like so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 3:29 pm

Well I'm kind of terribly embarrassed by whatever this is that I've written, but I guess I have to deal with it. I'll probably edit it a little bit as I grow to hate it more and more, but for now... I guess it's something?

Sheet:

Yeah... pretty far from my best work... or even semi-good work...

Last edited by Ji on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:27 pm

I may not know you that well, Ji, but it's not that bad! Well, according to my standards anyway...well, don't worry. What's most important in an RP is the plot and how it is played out. Just make up for it in the actual Role Play. ^^
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 5:40 pm

Trust me, I know. Normally they're much better, but I was a little too constrained trying to redo a character in such a way that it didn't depend on our prior... six hundred pages of continuity, I believe, to make sense. It ended up obnoxiously bland, but I'll roll with it. I'm the normal in a cast of much better than that's.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm

Accepted. And ooooh, how the casualness of it all seems to put mundane into new light. I'm sure some magical things will happen, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm

I believe they are statistically probable, and Verl will unknowingly bring about the end times.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm

Naaaaah, naaaaah. He's a new, fresh guy! What could possible go wrong?
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:52 pm

Destroy the queendom? Easy enough, even if the plane weren't already being invaded. Summon a meteor from the material plane? Spark armed incursions by Hell, Heaven, or both? Upset the queen by providing the wrong amount of sugar with her tea?

Doing so plausibly may be a mite more difficult, but I'd be glad to participate in such a lofty task.

I'm not sure why my guard would be interacting with the waitstaff - a past acquaintance? through the librarian??? - but at least it's something to aim for. Considering we don't have much information on the tourney or mage tradeshow or overactive plantlife to work with yet.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Feb 2014, 9:53 pm

Name: Mokala Yatis
Demon Element(s):Aquarius/Terran
Description: As a half-breed hell demon, Mokala sort of walks the line between "giant-swordfish-monster-demon" and "just a dude." His stance and build are that of a normal person, but that's where things quit looking normal. He's about five and a half feet tall, accounting for posture. His spine curls forwards, hunching him over and making his short neck look almost normal length. He has high cheekbones and facial features that all sort of inhumanly flow to a central point, namely his long, pointy nose that extends a couple inches out in front of his face. His eyes are large and silver. He has a short-cropped head of brown hair that perpetually sheds sand when touched. His skin is blue, fading to white on his front/belly. His shoulderline slopes down from his neck, and his fingers and toes are all webbed. His most prominent feature is a large sail on his back that starts at the base of his neck and goes down nearly to his waist. It has several brass rings pierced into it, near the base and equidistant along the length. More than for mere aesthetic reasons, these rings usually have laces threaded through them to close his shirts around the sail. The couple that are along the edge of the fin are for decoration, though. Speaking of shirts, his tend to look odd because they don't have buttons in the front, but lace up the back instead. He prefers a loose-fitting, loose-sleeved tan shirt with no collar and darker brown pants and a belt.

His preferred implement in a fight is a weaponized two-handed flail, with a four-foot haft and a twenty-inch head.

Personality: Ladies and gentledemons, I give you the man with no sense of humor. None at all. Jokes roll off him like water off a duck's back. He speaks his mind, bluntly, and avoids excess... save for when he totally loses control and binges. While he's most in his comfort zone in isolation, other people both make him nervous and fulfill some deep pit in his soul. He both wants to be alone and can't stand being alone anymore, but he has the social skills of a brick.

Background: He was born to a hell demon mother and an Edennic father. His motherHe spent most of his life as a farmer. His mother was a "bad influence," so his father won custody (several years after he was born) and brought him to live in Eden. His father was perpetually worried that his son would be a depraved, hedonistic monster (which would reflect catastrophically on both of them), so he kept Mokala on an oppressively tight leash. Life was either work or train, work or train, and once in a while sleep. He did love his son, and that's what he told himself every day, but he barely let his son crack a smile without an interrogation, fearful that he might have done something horrible. Sometimes he did, sometimes he didn't. His first few years in Eden were tough, having only made it there when he was four and having picked up an entirely different set of attitudes.
When he finally flew the coop, he went back to Hell to see his mother and live where he could fit in. But after trying to shake his childhood, he finally realized he didn't really fit in in Hell, either. His dad had kinda screwed the pooch in every way possible. So, he found himself a plot of land on a mountainside back in Eden and built himself a small terrace farm, where he mostly grew rice by himself. His father's conditioning stuck with him, and he lived a mostly ascetic lifestyle.
Why exactly he ended up at the castle, he doesn't have a clue to this day. Probably nepotism. He's just a guy who happens to have a well-developed talent at hitting things with a hinged stick. But now he tends the garden, a job which he's settling into.

Job in the Castle: He had a brief stint as a jester, due to either a clerical error or cruel joke, before being reallocated as a gardener.

~~~~~~

Demon Element(s): Infernal/Zephyr
Description: By all indications, a demon of Mokara's elemental persuasions should have taken his cues from a phoenix. But he missed the mark by yea much, because we can't all be winners.

His preferred implement in a fight is a weaponized two-handed flail, with a four-foot haft and a twenty-inch head.

Personality: Ladies and gentledemons, I give you the man with no sense of humor. None at all. Jokes roll off him like water off a duck's back. He speaks his mind, bluntly, and avoids excess... save for when he totally loses control and binges. While he's most in his comfort zone in isolation, other people both make him nervous and fulfill some deep pit in his soul. He both wants to be alone and can't stand being alone anymore, but he has the social skills of a brick.

Background: He was born to a hell demon mother and an Edennic father. His motherHe spent most of his life as a farmer. His mother was a "bad influence," so his father won custody (several years after he was born) and brought him to live in Eden. His father was perpetually worried that his son would be a depraved, hedonistic monster (which would reflect catastrophically on both of them), so he kept Mokala on an oppressively tight leash. Life was either work or train, work or train, and once in a while sleep. He did love his son, and that's what he told himself every day, but he barely let his son crack a smile without an interrogation, fearful that he might have done something horrible. Sometimes he did, sometimes he didn't. His first few years in Eden were tough, having only made it there when he was four and having picked up an entirely different set of attitudes.
When he finally flew the coop, he went back to Hell to see his mother and live where he could fit in. But after trying to shake his childhood, he finally realized he didn't really fit in in Hell, either. His dad had kinda screwed the pooch in every way possible. So, he found himself a plot of land on a mountainside back in Eden and built himself a small terrace farm, where he mostly grew rice by himself. His father's conditioning stuck with him, and he lived a mostly ascetic lifestyle.
Why exactly he ended up at the castle, he doesn't have a clue to this day. Probably nepotism. He's just a guy who happens to have a well-developed talent at hitting things with a hinged stick. But now he tends the garden, a job which he's settling into.

Job in the Castle: He had a brief stint as a jester, due to either a clerical error or cruel joke, before being reallocated as a gardener.

Last edited by Snowy on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 12:18 am

Well, sometimes people start talking to each other when they're forced under the same roof for long enough, ya know? Curiosity gets sparked, and it must be sated somehow or another.

You be accepted mister Snowy, though have fun working for that Head Gardener.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 12:43 am

Do I want to know? :p
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:00 am

I just suggest full-plate being listed as a business expense.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:06 am

And good life insurance.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:08 am

This is why I'm taking my chances with the cleaning staff, probably the least likely to actually murder me... though not by that much.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed 05 Feb 2014, 1:09 am

I might ask to transfer to guard, depending. I'd make an excellent doorman.

Though I'm more of a weaponized peasant than a legit military man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next