WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC

Go down 
+10
Admiral Ji
Patches
Zorthax
brendan
Alex
€rim
Balu
Surprise
Rachel
Shade
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Zorthax
User

Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:34 pm

Two words: Hot. Keys.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

ah. Well, GL.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 4:35 pm

Thank you, I will need it. First tests of my multitasking ability begin tonight.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 7:13 pm

Any other Dragon Ball Z fans here?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 7:46 pm

no. noone else here watches that terrible, terrible show.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 7:56 pm

Okay then.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:15 pm

I used to know people who did... but... They lost interest. Especially when most of their interest was in the games, and I showed them my weird ability to make random cheat codes in fighting games... That was hilarious too. Random combination of buttons = Perfect after fully charged. He freaked out, I played it cool and doubted my sanity... Usual day to me.

Ummm... Anyone like Pokemon? /stupid question that answers it's self.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:20 pm

Yes. Fire red FTW.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Oct 2011, 10:36 pm

I personally hated that version. The beginning chapters were too easy. I captured the trio birds, then messed around training my Venusaur and Others to level 80 and still couldn't nail the Elite Four. Freaking Lance and his Dragonites. I was so Noob then though... It was awesome.

My favorite version is White, it has such an obvious advantage over Black it isn't even funny.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 12:44 am

dude, rotation battles all the way, and reshiram is a better type combo than zekrom. What advantage do you speak of?
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 5:47 am

I started off with Pokémon Blue. The first (not including the green version only in Japan) Pokémon game, and have been playing the games since.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 6:03 am

I still keep my pokemon games with me whereever I go, just in case. I hardly even play them anymore, I am really not sure why I keep them these days.

But actually, my biggest pokemon vice was I bought huge numbers of cards. I never even knew how to play a real pokemon game, I just love collecting things. I finally managed to wean myself off the Pokemon card nipple, I'm just starting to move on, and who should come along but Joural, bringing with him the even bigger and juicier titty of Magic: The Gathering.

So now I have spent hundreds of dollars on magic, more than I ever spent on pokemon in a fraction of the time. Got I hate being so manipulable! But the good news is that I gave my entire pokemon card collection to my ex-girlfriend, and that got me huge points with her. She is an even more obsessive collector than me, which is saying something considering how much of a pack-rat I am.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat 29 Oct 2011, 11:35 am

I don't even know how many Pokemon cards I have... But I haven't bought any for ages. Mainly because my steady supply of cash was disrupted among other reasons.

I play the game till I beat it, which takes about a week to do the obvious stuff, then I look around for anything that could have been missed. Overall it takes me two weeks to beat the game and never play it again, constantly moving my Pokemon higher in the series. I have an Original Rayquaza from Hoenn that has been to every Region along with Blaziken and Absol.

Sadly I have not messed around too much in White or HeartGold or Pearl or Platinum or Emerald or FireRed or Yellow or Silver (Which for some reason doesn't allow me to save...) since I beat the entire games... Maybe I should.

Oh and Joural, I was speaking of the White forest and how eventually you can catch almost every Pokemon in existence. You have a big city with a couple people who battle. Which makes it impossible to beat completely without White or another game from the series.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 9:01 pm

I'm so stoked! One of my favorite franchises ever is putting up a new game after about six years of nothing! It's due to come out second half of next year.

Mechwarrior: Thirty-foot-tall fighting machines. Lots of explosions. Tactical urban combat. Detailed and complex storyline. Customization. Awesomeness abounds.

A better summary: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/31/meet-mechwarrior-online-piranhas-free-to-play-tactical-mech-sim/

The game itself: http://mwomercs.com/

The trailer:

To whet your appetite, the last game, Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries is free and legal here: http://www.mektek.net/index.php/home/articles/mechwarrior4-mercenaries-downloads-r1204

It's an awesome game and I recommend it highly - especially if you have a joystick. Now that I got my new separate-throttle stick, I've been going through and playing it again a third time. This release also contains a whole bunch of community content and new chassis and weapons.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 9:25 pm

They are actually digging Mechwarrior out of storage? Damn are they out of ideas. But I suppose I shouldnt be too surprised after Duke Nukem Forever.

Dont get me wrong, I liked those games too, I just think that after 6 years of nothing, should they really be rebooting it? I know Starcraft 2 took, what, a decade to come out? But they were advertising and hyping it every prolonged step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 9:50 pm

Actually, four years of nothing official, but yeah. This was originally pitched in 2009, but economic problems worked heck with people being willing to publish it, so there was an extended period of silence while they retooled the idea so it could get out (MW licensing is reaaaaaallly complicated, going between Smith and Tinker, Microsoft, and Harmony Gold). What came out of that will be the free-to-play version.

The mechwarrior/battletech community has still been active during this time, though. The tabletop games the computer games are based on have still been going, and there's an entirely new fan game in the works (not counting Living Legends, the Crysis mod).

So it's not so much a digging up out of storage as a belated return to an active fanbase.

I see your point, but I don't think they've run out of good material here before jumping the shark.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

Zorth, dammit, think before you speak. SC2 wasn't even PLANNED until about... 2 or 3 years before release? they weren't working on it before because A) the original was still wildly popular and making enough money to warrant continued reprintings...(republishings? I don't know...) that and WoW is one hell of a CashCow.

The difference is that SC was wildly popular right up until the release of SC2, and people still play it online. there was no worry of not having an audience, there was still an audience for the last game! I'm kind of worried this will fail- after the fiasco of Duke Nukem Forever, they're gonna have a tough time convincing people they are still a real, relevant company.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 10:19 pm

Nicotine wrote:
Any other Dragon Ball Z fans here?

Lol, I just finished the Dragonball series and start DBZ.

Funny, when I was younger and it was on tv i always hated it. Then my black friends in town showed me it like a year a go and I'm hooked! Epic for sure. Oh and Goku is the best character.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Oct 2011, 10:29 pm

Dragon Ball Z stops being even passable after freeza. They have to make each of the enemies a threat, so eventually you get really overly powerful people (like Boo and Cell) that don't even properly fit the established continuity from the first episodes.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 7:35 pm

Going to the midnight release of Skyrim. *Koolkid*
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

That's today?

So I just got a PS3, and I am wondering what games are out there that you guys recommend?
I prefer games with Multiplayer or long Singleplayer campaigns, as I have large amounts of free time and play until I get bored.

I already have MW3 and Gran Turismo 5 on my list to get next time I go to Walmart, but what else?
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 11:26 pm

What are you into? Shooters or, like, medieval fantasy kinda things?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Nov 2011, 11:49 pm

Well pretty much anything, I have many a rpg, shooters, and racing games. Just no fighting games like Mortal Kombat or what ever, which are fun, they just get old after a day. Darksouls is high on the recommendation list also.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 10:16 am

Ooh, I played Dark Souls. It's fun and different.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

Is anyone else here into Tamora Pierce? I love her writing, even though I've only read one of her storylines. 10 books consisting of 2 quartets, a stand alone and what I think is the beginning of a new series, but I'm not sure. Yeah, I just love the way she presents magic, the multifaceted nature of it and all.

How about Anne Rice, the Vampire Chronicles? I havent read all of them, but I do love what I have read so far. Its like twilight for grownups. You know, with scary vampires, a good plot and characters with depth.

And Psycho-Wizard? I'm gonna guess that you are, in order, The Earth, a Tree, and a Tombstone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next