WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]

Go down 
+4
Szemetlada
Ømnivalence
Patches
Warcodered
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2016, 12:41 pm

Current Steam sale includes most of the franchise games. Jedi Academy, Republic Commando, and each KotOR are $3. Empire at War and the LEGO games are each $6. (Incidentally, TT is already at work on LEGO The Force Awakens. Maybe they'll successfully extend the content instead of simply padding it. Pretty PBR, though.)

GOG, while not running a sale presently, has most of these, minus Lego and the more poorly-regarded newer releases. Their screenies are more representative of gameplay, at least for the KotORs. No Workshop integration for KotOR 2 TSLRCM, if you care.

I still haven't seen the movie. Even so (consequently?), my favorite crack!theory is that Snoke was invented by Leia, reprising Palpatine. Hence the Republic's incompetent response, Luke's flight, Phasma taking a fall, and an 'I am your mother' setup. Too bad familial relations are so thick on the ground that the last bit doesn't give this theory any advantage. Also, women in refrigerator points if this'd get Leia a (tragic) write-off, which planet-killing tends to merit.

Even funnier would be to reconcile this with the theory which goes, if the dark won the PT and the light won the OT, then the ST will result in finding a middle way. Like, well, Legends!Luke's Jedi Academy did, pre-LotF. Which is, er, classical philosophy across cultures, apparently. But in Star Wars, it's still only (film-)canon dependent on interpretation of subtext.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2016, 5:52 pm

I've still got my eye on the Jedi Knight games, but this sale I had a little over $2 in my steam wallet and picked up Psychonauts and a Yume Nikki inspired deal so maybe next sale xP

Also I've heard about GOG; is it any good?
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2016, 6:27 pm

Haha, fair.

Yes, it delivers digital games just as straightforwardly. You get a standalone installer if you want, so you can run the games without GOG's client. This is a plus for futureproofing (in case your internet goes / the DRM servers go under) and a minus for convenience, unless you happen to enjoy bookkeeping.

Come to think of it, I already have three digital download services installed. Why not add another.

I haven't messed with either service's support, though Steam's is notoriously difficult to get a non-automated reply out of. Steam also does much less work to ensure the compatibility of its hosted games with modern OSes, which is relevant if the game's publisher gives up.

Both take the same 30% distributor's cut. Compare to Humble Store and IndieGameStand's 25% cut (the former takes 15% for itself and 10% for charity), Humble Widget's 5% cut, and itch.io's PWYW cut.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 07 Feb 2016, 10:03 pm

I know for a fact that the KotOR games have issues running when bought from Steam, but GoG actually goes to the effort of making sure their games have been updated to be compatible.
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 08 Feb 2016, 7:06 pm

I have KotOR through steam, and it's worked well for me, but that may be atypical. GOG tends to have more obscure old titles in usable (if perhaps imperfect) condition; Dark Forces doesn't run at all through Steam, but I think it does via GoG. If you want to get games that were originally from the DOS era, GOG is easily the way to go.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 16 Feb 2016, 4:37 am

Promising Knights of Ren theory holds that they're actually crusaders. (Also, Kylo echoes Shiva. I can't ship Rey and Kylo while I still think of them as Jaina and Jacen expies, though...) Perhaps I can have a little faith there's an actual plan for Snoke et. al., besides just shoehorning in the underdog angle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]   Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussin the new Star Wars [SPOILERS: DON'T CLICK IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT]
Page 1 of 1