WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Derp You!

Go down 
+3
Rachel
Patches
THE Derp Dragon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 9:51 pm

Hi.

I want all of the blame for my being here to go to State of the Jac. If for some reason everyone ends up hating me or the forum's coding goes super derpy, blame him. Now that I've stated that, I'll go into some detail as to who I am. I fully expect people to stop reading now and go do something more interesting (and less draining of their sanity bar) but for those foolish enough to persist, I'll humor you.

Last warning, mortals . . .

Still here? No herp off my derp. I was torn about what to write as my username. One of my AD&D 2.5 characters, Addis Hellfire, has become a namesake for me and has been so for yeaaaaars. Only recently both the character and username have been sliding into the background. Thanks to something I said on a dragon-themed forum I no longer attend and a hilarious joke going with it, the name THE Derp Dragon (yes, the THE is important) stuck. So, I'm either Addis Hellfire or THE Derp Dragon. Or just The Derp Dragon. Not important. Or is it? dun Dun DUNNN

Currently I am a nineteen year old male living in Southern California (LA area). I mainly waste my time roleplaying through instant messengers, looking at stuff online, watching videos, playing games, or reading books. My hobbies as a whole include (warning, long list):
  • Tabletop Gaming
  • Tabletop Roleplaying
  • Video Gaming
  • Online Roleplaying
  • Reading Books
  • Painting Miniatures
  • Organizing Random Things
  • Being a Derpy Nerd
  • Chatting
  • Swimming
  • Billiards
  • Boogie-Boarding
  • Walking
  • Making Characters
  • Rambling
  • Derpin'
  • Messing With HTML
  • Making Spreadsheets

My first roleplay experience was from AD&D 2.0 back in 1996 when I was four years old. I still have my first character sheet, even with my horrid scribbled notes. I began roleplaying on forums when I was about twelve or thirteen. I wasn't too horrible but I was pretty bad, I think. I can honestly say that I never thought the letter u was a word! I have been roleplaying ever since then and plan on keeping it a normal part of my life. Yay for not having a life! Working on that. Moving on.

Personally I prefer to play characters with messed up backgrounds and defects aplenty. That isn't a requirement at all, but fair warning for anyone who roleplays with me. I also love to take inspiration from an existing character - such as Magneto for example - and making the character mine. Most of the time you won't be able to identify the inspiration, so don't worry about direct rip offs. I'm also a huge fan of things normally being considered cliche and overdone being made interesting. How many plots revolve around an empire and rebellion, and yet, hold your attention?

My characters also tend to be either villains or other roles that are usually either poorly written or flat out not fleshed out. This also includes races that are usually just used as cannon fodder for the heroes to cut through. The Draconian race, from the Dragonlance book series and D&D setting, are a prime example of this (and a favorite race of mine to play, even the Baaz). I also play characters who are satirical to a degree. My villains probably won't monologue. My dragons won't be uber territorial and will actually work for the good of the dragon race. I do love humor though, so ya might see someone monologue into a hand mirror.

I'll flat out admit that I am more of a rollplayer than a roleplayer. I think mainly in terms of tables and spreadsheets, along with hex grids. I do try to delve into the psychology of the character though I am obviously not the best. I implore you to NOT judge me negatively because I am a D&D player. Hell, I find that working with limitations such as stats helps your roleplay. You'd be surprised how crafty ya gotta be to keep a 1 HP mage alive!

Ah, hell, there I go rambling again. Blame boredom and too much free time. I'll close with a list of random things I like, to hopefully spark some conversations.

• Dungeons & Dragons
  • Spirit of the Century
  • Crimson Cutlass
  • Werewolf: The Wild West
  • Big Eyes Small Mouth
  • Basilisk
  • Deathnote
  • Speed Grapher
  • Yu Yu Hakusho
  • Lankhmar
  • Dragonlance
  • Ravenloft
  • Thieves' World
  • Star Wars
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Killing Floor
  • League of Legends
  • Suikoden
  • Final Fantasy
  • Kill Bill
  • Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
  • Blade Runner
  • Sin City
  • Burgers
  • Sandwiches
  • Pizza
  • Alfredo
  • Chocolate
  • Cheesecake
  • Oingo Boingo
  • Apocalyptica
  • Nox Arcana
  • Dragons
  • Reptiles
  • Wolves
  • Dogs
  • Swords
  • Blades

Last edited by THE Derp Dragon on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

UT, BESM, Dragons, cheesecake, swords... I think we'll get along swimmingly. Welcome to our humble* forum.

I'm the resident mod, and I usually go by the name AlaskanWyvern, so that should give you an idea.

Ever used the Storyteller system?

*actually, we're rather prideful.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:03 pm

Oh wow. For some reason I said that I started roleplaying in 1992. Fixed that. Should have been '96. Nope, I'm afraid I haven't heard of that one. There's a huge list of games I want to try, though I love the concepts of most of them. Gotta say that Spirit of the Century is my favorite system without a doubt though. Oh yeah, thanks for the greeting!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

I have an Exalted game running, if you'd like to roll a ton of d10's. You'd be joining a touch late, but that won't really be an issue. I'll do statting for you.

Haven't tried Spirit of the Century. Have you considered running it here?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:11 pm

Hello. I'm the resident guy who is just kind of here and says hi. Sort of like a Wal-Mart greeter, with worse pay.

You like pizza? Well, in that case, we should get along swimmingly.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

Wal-Mart greeter? So, you're going to give me dirty looks for wearing a denim jacket, thinking that I'm going to steal something? Oh yeah, pizzaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Thanks for the invite, but I gotta turn it down for now. I may or may not be joining Ji's game soon. I also have my own group to launch and maybe a IRL group or two to attend. All of a sudden I'm playing tabletop games. First time in years!

Might actually run Spirit of the Century here. It has virtually no stats and is really roleplay intensive, so it may actually run smoothly on a forum. I mainly play in person (and I make props, set up music, etc as well) or on skype.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:18 pm

No, just for bringing in dogs and tracking mud in. Hellhounds and seeing eye dogs are fine though. As is dirt and leaves.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:20 pm

. . . how about displacer beasts?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:24 pm

As long as they don't tear up the Civilization section, they should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:39 pm

I know its probably not you, but I'm getting major THEdragon vibes. Probably just because of the THE and dragon.

Welcome anyway though!
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

Good morning. I certainly hope it's not morning when you read this. That would ruin it.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:43 pm

Morning? Whaaaaa- I'm supposed to be awake right now?!

THE who? Nope. Can find me easily enough under the username "AddisHellfire" or a variant thereof. There a funny story behind THE Dragon?

Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:47 pm

No. Just another one of those elder folk from forums I've been on who seemed to just vanish with time. He wasn't really anyone special. Just one of the names I've seen or herd a few times before and haven't forgotten. Thats about it really.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:49 pm

Elder folk on forums? Ya don't see that often, do ya? . . . Or do you? I left the forum scene a while ago. Jac and Ji are mainly why I'm here. I do tend to drift away from forums, though only when it's obvious that there's nothing there for me or the forum is pretty much dead.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:52 pm

No. He wasn't that old, I just mean he predated my time on the forum so he's just an elder folk to me.

Theres only been one forum I've ever truly left and its the reason I'm here really, why like half the people are here.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

I gotta hear this. I love stories of failure via stupid people. I has a warped sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 10:57 pm

What on earth is this I don't even
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

And thus we are here. At least several of us. I'd list them all but I'd be bound to miss a few.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

Ah . . . Wow. Dealt with situations like this when I was moderator on a few forums that are now dead (does anyone use ProBoards anymore??). Love the hypocrisy of breaking rules to point out rules being broken.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:02 pm

I'm on... Three forums hosted by ProBoards.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:06 pm

Amazing. Is it still a clunky host? I had coding drop frequently with ProBoards. Was easy enough to fix though.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:08 pm

Umm. Maybe? I don't really notice it... One board has been up since 2006 and is very active. I don't notice clunkiness...
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:18 pm

Daaaaamn, didn't think those things lived that long.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

Ello mate./obviously phony accent.

Just thought I would drop by, say hi, then dissappear. So. Yeah, I am Amon-Ra. Most people Call me Balu, and I will occasionally go by, Psycho Wizard.depending on my random state of mind at the moment.

Welcome to the Projects... See you later, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Derp You! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derp You!   Derp You! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derp You!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: