WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Modern Warfare 3, anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Modern Warfare 3, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 10:48 pm

Didn't know how many people were out there.

A guy down the hall from us got it, so naturally we all abused our friendship and practically stole the game from him for a few hours.

What I played, I was impressed. I didn't get very in depth in the multiplayer, but split screen seemed alright and the Spec Ops was fantastic. The three minutes that I played of the campaign was pretty cool, nice graphics. Didn't get into the story, really, just Ruskies fighting and Price being a badass.

The survival mode really impressed me. I think I'm going to enjoy that a lot, although it was definitely difficult. We holed up in a building and finally got to where we could call in Deltas and Sentries to help defend us, but still it was hard. Juggernauts are the WORST: i'd reccomend saving all your money and buying an M60 right off the bat, then using the pistol or 1887 for a while. Get Claymores and establish whatever your defensive position is. Use Predators at the very start of a round (right before the timer goes off) or not at all: you'll get killed if you try to use it in the middle.

Didn't play much, but I what I did play I liked. Of course, it could be like Black Ops, which I steadily realized was...awful. Not really another way to put it.

Do NOT spoil the storyline for me: I have not played the whole first mission yet, so I know absolutely nothing. Seriously, I might be one of three people in America who wants this game for the storyline, so please don't reveal anything.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSat 19 Nov 2011, 11:16 pm

Make that four man. I do not have good internet, so buying a game for the multiplayer is easily bust because of that...
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeSun 20 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

Psycho Wizard wrote:
Make that four man. I do not have good internet, so buying a game for the multiplayer is easily bust because of that...

True. You should have fun with the Spec Ops: it was more fun than the Zombies from previous games. Although the original zombies were pretty good: they actually had a storyline. After Ascencion, they just started fucking with us.

I mean, GEORGE ROMERO? Really? There wasn't even a storyline at that point. With Ascencion, at least the map was good. That much can be said. Kino had some faint storyline, Ascencion barely had one. But after that...no. They just started throwing fucking darts at a map to decide what to do next.

CoD started replacing the storyline they used to have in zombies, those subtle little clues as to what happened beforehand with ridiculously complex Easter Eggs. An Easter Egg isn't a plot.

Sorry for that rampage. Black Ops had an okay plotline, I think I would've enjoyed it more had I not been distracted by the shiny new multiplayer and zombies. It was hard to really get wrapped up in it, but I guess the actual plot was alright. The multiplayer was bad. No other way to put it. They entirely nerfed sniping, which is my big go-to for playstyles. In MW2, there were 4 sniper rifles. Each one of them was more or less equal, with different strengths and weaknesses. In Black Ops, they had four, but two of them completely paled in comparison to the final two. What's the point in that? There was no balance, no choice, just one clear cut option. The only sniping positions were impossible to really defend yourself at, and they really took that out. There's hardly anywhere to snipe from in Black Ops. In MW2, you could snipe in a way that almost mimicked real sniping: you could lay still in the grass and carefully take shots. In Black Ops, no, you had to be the most easily spotted person in the map to "balance" sniping. Bleh.

Zombies was okay to begin with, and it just got ridiculous later on. Especially with "Rezurrection". Really? I'm not paying f*cking fifteen dollars for four maps I already have. They're just trying to milk Black Ops at this point, and I'm really hoping MW3 turns out otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 1:36 pm

Played it for a few hours; so far, I'm really impressed. Multiplayer is good and seems fairly balanced, I think it's just that I suck at it, haha. Pointstreaks are VERY nice, it encourages more objective-based play rather than running out and killing people.

Spec Ops are good and so far I'm five or six missions into the campaign ("Back On The Grid") which has been good so far. I've been playing on Veteran but it really wasn't that much of a challenge.

Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 2:03 pm

I played Call of Duty: Black Ops at my friends house last night for the first time if that counts.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm

I prefer MW4 myself.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 5:14 pm

MW4? It is only in the programming stage.
Are you prehaps mistaking Black Ops for Modern Warfare? Because Black Ops is not MW.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 5:58 pm

Nope. MW4's been out so long, it's free.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

Patches wrote:
I played Call of Duty: Black Ops at my friends house last night for the first time if that counts.

Black Ops' campaign was good, and the first two zombie maps were good. Thus far, MW3 has beaten it in every single way. Maybe a tie for the campaign, though.

My disc for MW3 broke. I wouldn't have minded if I wasn't halfway through the plotline at the time. Couldn't have broken before I started or after I was done, that would've been too convenient.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeWed 21 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

MW3 is pretty good fun. I much prefer the weapon leveling system to Black Op's points system. I think I'd rather unlock attachments for weapons that I'm good with rather then grinding for points all the time.

I also prefer the multiple attachements option being a weapon specialty as opposed to a full-on perk that fills in one of your perk spots.

Black Ops is more balanced, but to be totally honest balance is totally overrated as proven by MW3.
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 11:37 am

Black Ops wasn't really balanced in my opinion.

Well, in a sense. Everything in Black Ops got nerfed. You take a look at the killstreaks in Modern Warfare 2 and then the Killstreaks in Black Ops...

My main complaints with black ops were

-Next to no sniping. Entirely gone.
-Sniper rifles in MW2 were all equally good. Black Ops had 2 that were passable.
-Acted like they were totally removing camping and noobtubing, then put noobtubes on SMGs.
-Did not feel like there was a lot of difference between most of the guns.
-FAMAS and AK74u were ridiculously overpowered. The Galil was borderline.
-Zombies mode I was okay with until after Ascension. In Ascension, at least there was still some shred of a plotline. But then they started this F*cking ridiclous "let's make a 900 step long Easter Egg and pretend like it's the plot".

They go to the fucking moon. Look at how much of a storyline there is in Verruckt, Der Riese...they made it so intriguing there are STILL people out there trying to figure out stuff. Having to hunt down each radio and listen to it, finding messages tucked away in corners, an Easter Egg that didn't give you a reward, but intead furthered the plot.

That being said, I think that Black Ops had an incredible storyline.

I've now beaten Modern Warfare 3, and I really like it. The storyline ties into both of its prequels beautifully (going to go back and play the first 2 now to make sure I've gotten EVERYTHING), the multiplayer is fun and feels fresh, Spec Ops has added a ton of replay value.

I like the customization of Multiplayer, to be honest. I could never see why you'd spend money for face paint in Black Ops, it seemed stupid to me. And the points system was flawed. I could see what they were trying to do there, but it just didn't work.

The MW3 system I like a lot more. The Pointstreaks was done VERY well: if the next CoD game doesn't include them, I'll be disappointed (although the next game will be a treyarch game, which I'm not buying. I may rent it for the storyline, but I'm not buying it).

My only complaint with MW3 thus far is that the aircraft are still a bit too easy to shoot down. I'm not suggesting MW1 difficulty (trying to shoot down that moving helicopter with an RPG was a bitch-not to mention entirely unrealistic. Shooting an RPG up in real life is a good way to die), but it seems like I can knock down anything but an Osprey within a few seconds of them putting it up.

That and the Reaper is hard as hell to operate.

But other than that, brilliant game.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

My best friend completely owns me at shooter games, or Call of Duty at least. And she's a girl, lol.

It wasn't until I got the duel-wielding semi-automatic shotguns did I start beating her.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Dec 2011, 4:08 pm

קatches! wrote:
My best friend completely owns me at shooter games, or Call of Duty at least. And she's a girl, lol.

It wasn't until I got the duel-wielding semi-automatic shotguns did I start beating her.

Haha, nice. If you really want to piss people off, get the Riot Shield and a throwing knife.

If you play on Hardcore, the riot shield kills people in one hit, and then they get REALLY pissed off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modern Warfare 3, anyone?   Modern Warfare 3, anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modern Warfare 3, anyone?
Page 1 of 1