WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Medea Act II OOC

Go down 
+4
Jimjam
Patches
Snowy
Wanderer
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 9:16 am

Medea OOC

Act I: forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/64401.page
(Lol only 7 pages on the Sporum, but if you copy paste just my posts alone it comes to 40 pages in Microsoft Word lmao)

Act II: (and possibly Act III) https://rpproject.rpg-board.net/t21-medea-act-ii

Rules:
1. I make all rules, I can break all rules, I am the maker of the RP, and may do anything for the sake of the story.
2. This is a literature RP so as such, write it like it is a book.
3. No spamming, flaming, etc. (try to keep OOC posts to the OOC topic.)
4. No godmodding (obviously)
5. Absolutely no breaking the story. We work all as a team to progress this story.
6. Read this whole OP
7. All the usual common sense rules.

Sign-Up Sheet:

Name: Example A
Race: Human (try not to be too outrageous with your race)
Weapons: Sword, bow, mace, etc.
Magic User: (yes/no)
Magic Items: Magic Example Spoon (The Magic Example Spoon has the power to show you that you should list your magic item and beside it in parenthesis like this tell what it's powers/properties are)
Bio: A little background about your character if you like, the bio is optional.

Setting:
Your typical Medieval fantasy setting. We got monsters, magic, swords, bows, and most importantly of all NO GUNS. So naturally, I don't think I have to tell you all that this is a high fantasy story and that you should not bring in higher technology. To compensate for your loss of technology you may use magic/use magic items. Anyone may be a mage in this world, and you can use magic as you see fit. Now remember, rule #4 is no godmodding, so although you may use magic/magical items, remember not to godmod (no blowing up the world, ressurecting yourself, becoming invincible, etc.)

Magic:
The world of Medea is full of magic and users of magic. Anyone may use magic within reason. Naturally I will be making some super-powered characters simply for us to have some conflict and plot (namely our main antagonist, our main protagonist, and of course our teacher.) The rules of magic are simple, you may not cast any magic spell that greatly disrupts the storyline. So pretty much, no bringing back characters that have perished, no forcing characters to fall in love with you, no blowing up the world, no leaving the planet, no killing main characters (until it's their time lol.)

Alternatively, you may opt not to be a magic user, which is actually quite nice since it adds more dynamics to the story. To compensate for your lack of magical power you may use magic potions to gain magical effect or wield magical items. If you're a real trooper you may even begin the story with no magic or magical items and you may acquire them on the way

The Fortress:
The Fortress is essentially your homebase. All of our main characters will have access to the Fortress. The Fortress is run by our favorite reoccuring character and mentor, The Wanderer. The Fortress is unassailable from the outside, virtually impossible to destroy or break into. The only way into the Fortress is by use of magic rings which are given to each member in the fortress upon their completion of training. The Fortress is also home to a few NPCs and many younger mages and heroes. It is here some of the greatest warriors and wizards have been trained by the Wanderer. Everyone's main character will begin in the Fortress. To leave and enter the Fortress your character must simply slip on their ring and they will be teleported into the Fortress or outside of it. Likewise, the rings can be used to teleport to other members while they are wearing their rings.

However, certain places in the story may have enchantments preventing this teleportation so it is wise while writing to specify whether you are in one of these realms.

The Background:
Long a go on a fateful starry night two children were born at the same exact time. One in the West, the hero of Light. One in the East, the hero of Darkness. Destiny has tied these two heroes fates' together. So the collision course begins as twenty years have passed. Which hero shall prevail? Shall the world of Medea succumb to Darkness or radiate into the Light?

For anything else read below or read the IC

Last edited by Wanderer on Mon 03 Oct 2011, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 9:33 am

Yeah sure. I'm completely down with that. What do you have in mind for a group RP as a starter idea?

Eo has his sticky advertising this forum, and I'm advertising on my deviantArt.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:03 am

Seventeen members would be huge for a single game. It'd be a pain in the ass to GM, that's for sure.

If we stuck to two or three games, I think that would be more amenable.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Snowy

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:10 am

Not all would join though. There's more people on the Sporum and people get no more than six people on an RP at a time.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Well, here's a few ideas on my short list.

Medea remake: Generic High Fantasy, Medea is a story I am working on in my own time. It is a story of love, fate, and tragedy. I tried to make an RP based around it, but it fell apart. I am kinda on the fence with this idea, because whenever I RP-ize my personal writings I start getting really paranoid about theft lol. However, the Mature Section and the laid back content rules really seem like they'd open the Medea story up a lot. The only real problem I have with this is I'd have to go back and copy paste pretty much everything I all ready wrote lol. It is a magnificent story though.

Gritty City remake: Gritty City was really shortlived and went no where on the Sporum considerring how few people joined it. Beautifully dark gritty realism. This RP was pretty much heavily influenced by the most awesome tv series ever The Wire. Lol I am very suprised I didn't get any warnings for this RP on the Sporum considerring one of my characters beat the piss out of his wife. I only regret the RP didn't last long enough for me to have his wife kill him off. However, I understand that people really aren't that big of realism fans so this can probably be ruled out.

Sci-fi space adventure: Lol, its funny that my best known RP is sci-fi, especially since I really don't like sci-fi at all. Sci-fi is just an easy genre to write given all the freedom and plot potential it can give. I could always bring about a Wanderer sci-fi epic, but idk, I feel most paranoid when I incorporate my Wanderer Saga into an RP since it is my continuing epic that I have written for years on end without finish.

Then we have this idea.

Idk, it just struck me while I was in the shower. I have been enjoying some nostalgia lately having bought a PS2 recently I have been playing the hell out of Final Fantasy 7. Now like I said, I do not like knock-offs, but I feel like an RP that mixes technology and magic could be something very special. I don't have much in terms of ideas for this yet, having just thought it up. But this is what I figure. It would be something of a love story intermingled with a party-type fantasy epic. The villain (the most important part of any story) would be heavily based off the fantasy epic Wizards (1977 movie spectacular.) Chances are none of you have seen the movie Wizards, so basically the villain in Wizards is a dude that dug up a bunch of "ancient human" nazi propaganda and used it to make his armies motivated, terrible, and evil. Our natural goal would be to explore the world and eventually kill the villain.

All these, with exception to Medea which I have all ready plotted out, are pretty much open to be worked upon before we launch.
Back to top Go down
Jimjam
Refugee

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

*Points at Medea, because he lieks the idea, doesn't like sci fi rps so much and hasn't played FF - Surprisingly*

A kickoff rp is an awesome idea, gets everyone together and happy and smiling! :P
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:34 am

I liked Medea.

Sorry Jim, I can't post in Chaos' RP. I was banned from the Sporum for 72 hours. I got reported and customer service banned. May have been Shnarf, I dunno.
Back to top Go down
Jimjam
Refugee

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:39 am

Don't sweat it, patches!
Naughty naughty Stinky! D:
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

All I said was shit! D:

No moderator checks the RP section anyways, so someone was basically mini-modding or something.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

Well I have been reading over Medea and the RP Medea. Now in my writings Medea is broken into three Acts. In the RP we got very close to the end of ACT I. Maybe if you all want Medea as a roleplay, instead of going back and re-rping the whole first act, I could simply make an RP for ACT II.

The way I figure the first post of the RP I could simply copy paste the Prologue and then write up a Summary of Act I. Similarly anyone wishing to reprise their Medea characters could write up a summary of their characters' exploits in Act I with their first post. Naturally, you could also choose to pursue a new character, and simply NPC your former character.

Also, to somewhat digress, maybe it be a good idea to make an OOC section so that our OOC threads don't clutter the roleplay sections.

Other than that, any thoughts? Yeas or nays on the idea of Medea Act II?
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:13 pm

Well let this stand as the first double post of the Projects!

Before I go to bed I am gonna give an all mighty Kick Off to the new Forum.

So please come on and join. I think if you remember Medea from the sporum you'll remember your characters didn't really have much to do with the plot. That's how Act II will start off, but I think very fast you will see if you join that your characters might become the most important of all.

To tantalize you further.

If you remember Medea (which we now shall refer to as Act I) then you might recall a certain favorite reoccuring character called The Wanderer appears in it. This is no meer cameo my folks. The Wanderer is my ultimate hero of my little creative personal writing universe. I have hundreds of pages of sadly unfinished sagas for my beloved main character. On the Sporum I gave some people, including our influential mod ChaosHarbinger a full taste of one of the sagas, this is Wanderer: Return to Zion. That RP is like midway in the Wanderer's whole storyline.

Medea. This roleplay is based off the last saga my comrades. After a whole bunch of ever reaching adventures the Wanderer has come to the planet of Medea. Hell let's be blunt, in case you didn't catch it in the last RP, he pretty much made the damn place.

Now the kick-off:

In this saga, heck at the end of this particular act, Act II......, the Wanderer dies. There is an Act III of course, and hopefully we get to that, but from the end of Act II that's it the Wanderer is dead he dies in this saga.

So please a war is soon to be brewing in the planet of Medea. Join and help the Wanderer fight against the evil Hero of Darkness. He might die at the end of Act II, but the end of Act III and Medea itself might rest in the hands of you the unwritten side character in my mythology. Only catch is in Act III you won't have the once invincible Wanderer to help you face my villains that ultimately kill him, even though you might get the Hero of Light. So good luck, the game is on.

If you are willing to join simply read the OP of Medea: Act II. If you participated in Medea on the Sporum and can still remember the central plotline, you can probably jsut gloss over the OP. After you do that either make a new character or take back up the mantle of your old Medea character.

Where to start?
Well Victor and Fidellius' rings broke so even if you wanted to there's no way you may teleport,interfere nor interact with Victor at this moment.

Since Shadow is having Valir make Special Magic Rings you cannot teleport in and kill Shadow nor save the Ringmaker since you just have Regular Magic Rings which will only teleport to eachother.

This leave you with two options:

1. Begin your own Side story adventuring in the land of Medea, training or enjoying the day inside the Fortress

2. Accept the Wanderer's Quest to slay the terrible dragon Gilmadread and immediately teleport to Ergathia with your Magic Ring and begin this RP killing a dragon and getting money, land, fame, and whatever magic shit you can make out of the dragon's body. Remember though the Dragon Gilmadread is tough. One person alone cannot defeat it. I will rule that at least two people's characters will have to be present to slay Gilmadread. (and of course NPC a small army from King Dale.)
Back to top Go down
DrPlatypus
Refugee

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeSun 02 Oct 2011, 11:27 pm

Hey its Iso. Anyway i agree.

But i do love Sci-Fi lol.

I wont play anything with fantasy really, but i would look into it.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 12:12 am

DrPlatypus wrote:
Hey its Iso. Anyway i agree.

But i do love Sci-Fi lol.

I wont play anything with fantasy really, but i would look into it.

Yes it seems no one has joined yet. But that is okay, read along if you want. Medea though it is typical high fantasy plotwise I liken it more to an ancient Greek tragedy. Lol, actually for a bit of interest Medea is actually the name of an ancient Greek tragedy. Thus the inspiration. If you at least read along you will soon see the parallel.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 12:17 am

I'd join, I really would, but I don't think I have the time to write that much.

I suppose Euxodus could wait for his bones to knit, lol.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 1:09 am

AlaskanWyvern wrote:
I'd join, I really would, but I don't think I have the time to write that much.

I suppose Euxodus could wait for his bones to knit, lol.

You don't have to write as big of posts as I have been. I just do that cause I guess I'm a writing machine like that lol.

I do hope ya'll at least read along, criticize, compliment, whatever. I will keep writing on Medea Act II, I really want to share this story with ya'll even if I gotta go it alone.

(Also I was wondering if Euxodus would get a reprisal, even if you don't join I think I might squeeze him in minorly for your viewing pleasure lol.)
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 1:17 am

Well, don't count me out quite yet.I may pop in occasionally. He'd kill to get some dragon body parts... if he could move.
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 1:37 am

AlaskanWyvern wrote:
Well, don't count me out quite yet.I may pop in occasionally. He'd kill to get some dragon body parts... if he could move.

I'm sure there's plenty of ways to heal him back to full strength back in the Fortress. Anyways since you are familiar with Act I, get ready for the hella hard plottwist coming tomorrow. I think I might double post tonight before I passs out and leave Victor on a nice lil cliffhanger. Tomorrow though I will give you a plot-twist and then all hope might be lost for our precious Medea world. Since you remember Medea Act I you might note everything is going pretty much the same in Act II. Tomorrow that will change and the War will begin. The Shadow of the East is rising and soon it shall come to try to kill all life on Medea.
Back to top Go down
Jimjam
Refugee

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 8:26 am

How didn't I realize this before?
You drew inspiration for this from the Belgariad and Mallorean, right?
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 8:49 am

Jimjam wrote:
How didn't I realize this before?
You drew inspiration for this from the Belgariad and Mallorean, right?

Lol never heard of that.

Basic inspiration is really the greek myth of Medea, hence the title lol. Not too much inspiration though besides the name and the main plotline. Other than that a little bit of Harry Potter (inspired the Fortress where the students train under the Wanderer.) Apart from that it's really just my own little story. Simply is the last piece of the Wanderer Saga.
Back to top Go down
Jimjam
Refugee

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

Dayum. The west against the east, the child of light against the child of dark. Thought I had you there :-(
Damn you, Wanderer. Damn you.

Also, I might join. As in, when I can be stuffed xD
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 9:44 am

The West vs. East thing is more or less a big parallel with our own world. The West naturally representing freedom, life, and light. Whereas the East represents the old communist East of the late 20th century full of oppression, death, and darkness.

The Hero of Light vs. the Hero of Darkness....... well lol, damn I don't want to give away my next IC post, so you will just have to see that for yourself. But to tantalize you a little bit in the next IC post the two Heroes will at long last meet. And so shall begin the War of East vs. West.
Back to top Go down
Jimjam
Refugee

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 10:04 am

That actually gets me thinking, nice job :P
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

Name: Tyr
Race: Human
Weapons:
Tyr prefers a longbow, which has been well maintained with meticulously crafted arrows and several extra strings (you can never be too sure) tucked away in a quiver. He's dead accurate with one, however, he is versatile. He's quite skilled with a razor sharp rapier, and if he's fighting up close, a nice, serrated dagger.

Magic User: No. Vehemently.

Magic Items: None with a prejudice.

Bio:

Tyr had a pretty rough childhood (don't we all?). His parents were fairly talented magicians, although they happened to get wrapped up in some less-than-legitimate operations.

Well, Tyr at the time was really too young to grasp that his parents were magicians: so when one of their cohorts came after them, after they broke off the deal (running potions with adverse effects), he had the image of a man scorching his parent's bodies with fire from his bare hand.

MAGIC KILLED HIS PARENTS, DAMNIT! And while the hitman had too much of a heart to kill the child, he sat next to their smoking, rotting bodies for a fully day, completely in shock.

Tyr wandered. He couldn't get the imagte out of his head, their bodies frozen in a cloud of sparks and white flames, before falling to the ground. He was taken along by a small hunting guild, and found the kid wasn't too bad with a bow. As he grew he helped them bring in bounties and make the guild a bit more successful, and with his pay cut he managed to afford a better bow.

As you might have guessed, when one is out in the woods, there really isn't much to do. WHile grateful for the aid of his fellow hunters, they weren't the most emotional bunch, and Tyr became a recluse. Any waking moment not spent hunting, he was training. Firing arrows for hours on end until he could consistently get bullseyes. Then he'd take twenty paces back and keep going. He threw his knife at the smallest targets he could find, practiced intricate manuevers with his rapier, ran miles through the forest, sometimes to intentionally get lost.

Well, word reached the hunters' ears of the dragons' ears, and the arrogant group thought themselves capable of slaying it.

They all set out, foraging as they traveled until the reached the beast. Perhaps fate, perhaps random chance, they all fell prey to the dragon, except for Tyr, who had fallen sick from part of the elk that wasn't properly cooked. When he'd recovered from the botulism (yaaay) he set off after his comrades, finding their scorched bodies, just like his parents, strewn across the road.

He has been tracking his new quarry, the dragon, ever since. He's consumed with a suicidal rage to bring the beast down, perhaps deep down knowing he can't, but all the more determined to try for it.
Back to top Go down
RedBalloon
Refugee
RedBalloon

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 03 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

Hmm, would any object to me joining? I'm a bit wet behind to ears when it comes to RP but I know all of the basics(though I enjoyed reading RPs on the Sporum).
Back to top Go down
Wanderer
User
Wanderer

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 04 Oct 2011, 1:54 am

RedBalloon wrote:
Hmm, would any object to me joining? I'm a bit wet behind to ears when it comes to RP but I know all of the basics(though I enjoyed reading RPs on the Sporum).

By all means please join. I would just suggest reading the OP in the IC thread.

This is the sequel to a short-lived Sporum RP of mine. You will find a summary of the Sporum RP (now dubbed Act I) in the IC OP.

To shade: Excellent character!!! Maybe I've been playing Castlevania too much, but for some reason in my head I imagine your character looking something like Alucard. Lol, at any rate when you slay the dragon I will have the Wanderer offer your character to join the Fortress.

Anyways, time to write a hell of a plot twist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Medea Act II OOC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Medea Act II OOC   Medea Act II OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medea Act II OOC
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: