WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? Empty
PostSubject: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

Just something I've been toying with.

Obviously, it couldn't be 100% realistic, but something fairly close.

All the guns would be 2-3 shot kills. Getting shot would cause you to bleed out within a set amount of time unless you got help. Additionally, a bullet impact would knock you back, make you dizzy, etc.

Sniper rifles would have to gauge bullet drop and wind (and not the shit that passes for bullet drop in Battlefield, I have literally seen my bullets drop from 40 yards out, which NO sniper rifle in the world drops off at. Sniping in that game fucking pisses me off, battlefield 2 was much better in that regard), but would generally be a one-hit kill. Or at least cause severe wounds.

You could take several routes in both multiplayer and the campaign. Reconnaissance, medic, infantry, pilot, etc. You'd have a quasi different storyline for each one; maybe the pilot gets shot down and you have to rescue him as infantry, so on and so forth. It'd make for great co-op.

Medics have morphine, things like that. Battlefield 3's defibrillator is a TAD unrealistic, but would be a fun thing anyways. Giving someone morphine would remove not the effects of blood loss, but their peception. Maybe your vision steadily gets grayer as you bleed out or osmething, morphine would remove that but you'd still be dying. You could bandage people up to slow blood loss, etc.

Guns would jam, friendly fire (although repeated friendly fire would cause a massive deduction, so you couldn't get trolls), etc. As a pilot you could fly or man aircraft, maybe various other vehicles, infantry would get a more "run and gun" style, although much more tactical, reconnaisance would be highly stealth based with a focus on precise shots. You could also play as a spotter.

Medics would have a variety of tools, preferably unarmed. Morphine, bandages, IVs, you'd have to use them to keep your team alive. BF3's point system for healing would be very good.

Perhaps you'd also have a resource cap, and as you missed with bullets, had aircraft shot down, respawned, called in for artillery, you'd use up money, and after X amount of dollars you'd be unable to get any more.

Sound interesting?

Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 2:56 pm

I have thought of trying something similar like this, no joke.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 6:15 pm

I do enjoy the idea of realism in gaming, particularly war games. I have heard so many bad jokes about a realistic game that includes levels like "Drive to work" and "Balance budget" but this sounds like it might actually work.

Maybe thats what we should do. Get all the soldiers to put down their guns and pick up their controllers, and the absurdity of the game next to the true event could be such that no one could ever go back to fighting from anger at the system that would allow for such mockery of their pain and suffering.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

... Hmmm, it definitely sounds interesting... But I foresee the game becoming so overly complicated no one would ever play it. Not to mention the vast amount of time that would have to be spent playing it to advance at all.

It could work if the realism has an Absolute limit of around 60 to 75%. Much more than that and it might as well be real with the amount of money spent on making it and the vast amount of programming involved.

Another problem I see is that realism prevents the customization of a character. M16, Beretta, and then what ever specialty gun you would have. No fancy Uniforms beyond the current environ and no fancy gun customization beyond an ACOG and foregrip.

Otherwise, it would be freaking awesome, with some sort of advanced squad system where if your battle buddy is hit, knocked down, and you leave him you would actually be at a disadvantage. A ranking system that will actually mean something, and not that you just have no life, and the ability to create traps for enemies beyond mines and ambushes. Call in tomahawks and then aim them at the target with the laser thing. It would be exhilarating.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jan 2012, 3:10 am

Realistic? As in if you had a powerful enough sniper rifle you could, say, remove some body parts? :D
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Jan 2012, 3:16 am

It would all work together though. Try using one of those high powered sniper rifles standing, let alone running around and dodging bullets as well.

It would be much more balanced combat, cause you would have to be square laying on your stomach to get any clear shot. Standing and moving while firing one, depending on the gun, could knock you right over to the ground. So while you have a high powered sniper rifle to hit enemies from far away, and hit really hard, you lose severe mobility.

If the game was this advanced, I would say the enemies, be them AI or players, once getting shot once or twice would seek cover and bunny hop to your position. Meaning you would get a shot or two off and have to move, or set up correctly so they cannot see you or see your gun firing.

To me that is pretty balanced. The highly mobile weapons come out to being more mid to short range weapons, deal good damage up close like an assault rifle, but going long distance outside, sniper is gonna get you if you do not watch yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?   Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would A Realistic War Game Be Interesting?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: