WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) Empty
PostSubject: Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)   Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

The 19th century was in peril.

Anarchists have brought with them secrets of technology that have yet to be seen in the time. It all ran on a considerably convenient power source: steam.

Now, the government was corrupted by these anarchists, who have ways to get at people and seat them in the high chairs. Unfortunately, that meant there wasn't any help for the people of England.

H.G. Wells, writer of numerous science fiction stories, was writing in his study. He was not sure how these anarchists got here, or how they quickly had technological ideas, but he was worried sick. He was scribbling ideas of sorts, and it never occured to him that he would be part of an enormous chronological phenomenon that could change the fate of the universe.

It all started with Benjamin Franklin's lightning experiment.

Now, as you know, the famous American philosopher/inventor discovered that lightning was electricity. He proved it by flying a kite with a key attached to it: the key sparked and poppedl, proving the electrical properties of lightning. But...

Benjamin Franklin, on further tests, one day disappeared mysteriously.

That's where the trouble begins. Benjamin Franklin appeared in the late 20th century, but he noticed that it seemed apocalyptic... as if something caused the world to fall into a state of dystopia. Now, Benjamin Franklin didn't know of the tech in the 20th century, so he thought it was strange how the British didn't think to use this kind of technology in the Revolutionary War. He looked at a display showing the date... "1970?!" cried Franklin.

Looking around at the dystopian landscape, he saw numerous "OBEY" signs and multiple slave drivers, and whatnot. The world was hazy with smoke and steam, and Franklin knew that this future was wrong. The way the world was going in his time... America was just fine, and he thought Britain would be doing equally---

ZAP. Again, Benjamin's kite was blasted by lightning. Benjamin Franklin warped again... this time into H.G. Wells's study.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

H.G. Wells stared at his strange visitor. They talked, introduced themselves, and Benjamin Franklin told H.G. Wells of the dystopian future that was in store for England. Wells couldn't believe it, after hearing stories of hope and optimism for England, he was devastated.

Benjamin Franklin read some of H.G. Wells's stories lying about... then noticed one called The Time Machine. Benjamin asked if H.G. Wells thought that this machine could work. Wells shrugged, he had no idea.

Benjamin Franklin explained the properties of lightning and how the extreme amount of energy may have caused him to time-and-space travel. H.G. Wells thought this strange. They talked a bit more about time travel, and Franklin convinced Wells to build the Time Machine, whether or not it would work.

Time machine built, Wells and Franklin waited for the next electrical storm. When one finally came, Benjamin Franklin tied his kite to a jumper knob on the Time Machine. The energy would be amplified and the time machine may be able to travel.

Sure enough, it did, but it didn't travel very far... it ended up in the house of Charles Babbage, designer of the Difference Engine.

Now, the same process began with Franklin and Wells conversing with Babbage, and Babbage finally building his Difference Engine, but only into the Time Machine. It was hooked up to the different gears and grommets that changed the time that the machine would emerge in.

Now, all they had to do was wait for another thunderstorm. Once that happened, the trio could find brilliant minds all over time: strategists, artists, philosophers, scientists... and enlist their help in destroying the future that time beholds for the world.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, Toad, what is this?

Oh, it's another one of those steampunk things. You hop through time and try to root out the presence of the anarchists, who have a multitude of advanced time machines, in order to delete any possible futures that they could create.

You play as a famous person, say, Napoleon Bonaparte. Now, Franklin, Wells, and Babbage are all NPCs, so they can all be controlled by the players. So you would say that the trio emerges in Napoleon's time and picks him up (with a suitable explanation).

RULES!!!

-Roleplay basics.
-Chuck Norris will not have his Internet abilities. Sorry, guys.
-This is about real people. There's plenty to choose from! The Red Baron, Napoleon Bonaparte, Steve Jobs...
-Please don't use any autohits/kills. It's no fun.
-Try not to kill other peoples' characters.
-Just to add to the fun, you can play as the anarchist agents. They don't have to be real people.
-Have fun.

SHEET

Name: What is your person's name?
Biography: You can just pull this off of Wikipedia.
Other: Anything else?

Now, I think this isn't refined enough. It needs a bit more planning... Is there any way I could make this roleplay better?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)   Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

I definitely love the concept. Steampunk by itself is awesome, but combined with playing as famous people... I've got to wonder, though, for the beginning stages of the roleplay will we just travel around picking eachother up? How long will that stage last, and then what will happen?
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)   Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 3:55 pm

Well, the first stage is character introductions, and Franklin, Wells, and Babbage explaining the situation to the characters... as well as making a few edits to the Time Machine. (I mean, how are you going to fit at least 10 sweaty men & women into a time-traveling sleigh?)

It picks up after that, with them going to the first time period, which I'm debating whether to be in the mid-1900s to the time of Ancient Greece.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)   Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) I_icon_minitimeSun 22 Jan 2012, 5:26 pm

Ah, to prevent the oppressive future. Okay x3
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)   Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) I_icon_minitimeWed 25 Jan 2012, 6:16 pm

Yep. That's the ultimate goal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)   Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Past of the Future (Planning Stage, please help)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: