WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Technological Syngularity OOC

Go down 
+5
Heontris
andavocados
Snowy
Szemetlada
Master of ImpZ
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

Technological Syngularity OOC Empty
PostSubject: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 9:28 am

Big thanks to Groxkiller, because he was a great help in crafting many parts of this story, and helped me run the original.

The city burned. The view changed, showing entire continents bare, all life extinguished. Again, the view blurred, and another vision appeared, of a small group of survivors. They were loading weapons, putting on some kind of body armor. The vision went away, and came back to show the survivors dead, with strange mutated monsters above their bodies. They were strange, insectoid, but also reptilian in appearance. Snake like heads, spider legs, scorpion tails, with strange wings folded over their backs. The apex predators of Earth. Nothing could stand in their wake.

The vision changed again, and as it changed about, a story was being told, and interpreted.

The world’s militaries mounted defense, but fell first. The monsters were omnivores, they ate anything and everything. The attack started simple at first. What was thought of a new kind of locust or cicada appeared. Entire crops eaten bare, scientists called for action, for an ecological disaster was coming. Pesticides were used, and it began killing them off, but then they adapted. Changed. They were now immune, and their bites appeared to inject potent venom. They only had this bite after the pesticides used. Later investigation would see the pesticides used against them became a cocktail of poison. It turned our weapon against us.

As their swarms got larger, no longer just attacking crops and trees, but people, animals, everything. They could, over time, even eat through concrete. Evacuations were set into motion, out of all the major cities across the world. But it only got worse, as streets were filled to the brim, roads gridlocked from everyone attempting to escape; the swarms devoured millions, hundreds of millions, in just a matter of weeks. The human race was going extinct.

Eventually, nuclear action was required to stop the swarms. Entire cities were hit with nuclear missiles, all across the world. It started a nuclear winter, and in the end, was futile against the threat. The swarms seemed to realize what was coming; they used tactics to escape, hiding underground. As they came back up, they were different. Larger. The swarms still existed, but new versions of the creatures arose from the ashes. Some could spit lethal acids and poisons, others could fly supersonic, and yet others appeared to be able to crack tanks and bunkers open like they were walnuts.

The creatures used modern warfare tactics against the surviving groups of humanity, they were far more intelligent, something no one figured out until it was too late. Most weapons against them were futile. Bullets went through them to no effect. Explosives blew them apart, but each piece of organic material, no matter how small, would begin to duplicate and regrow into a separate functioning organism. The only thing that had any serious effect against them was any form of electromagnetic radiation. Unfortunately, that was hard to come by, with most of the world destroyed; electricity was no longer a common commodity.

Eventually, as the last groups fell to the monsters, a new monster was found, one that could speak. It called its race the Metamorph. And unstoppable scourge, the ultimate lifeform, a point of biological singularity, the end point of all life in the universe, was to become a Metamorph. We found out too late, they use a hivemind, based off of electromagnetic fields, of which could be disrupted by another powerful electromagnetic field. One EMP could end the Metamorph invasion, but it was already too late. Only one weapon could stop them, an orb shaped device known as the QTD by the researchers that found it and studied it. It was a powerful alien artifact capable of releasing some of the most powerful energies in the universe; it could manipulate the four fundamental forces of the universe. Gravitation. Electromagnetism. Weak Nuclear Force. Strong Nuclear Force. But, the device was destroyed long ago by a company known as Syngularity Industries, the technology and science firm that found it in the first place.

It all started at one point. The activation of a new computer system, a new AI system, it was supposed to be simple. A single point, a defining moment, and all of history was changed forever. Stop the machine, save the world.

The glow of the aperture showed a man, smiling, watching these events unfold. It was fast; most of this information was taken in on the subconscious level, and like a dream interpreted and retold to the conscious part of his mind. The Temporal Net, a machine capable of seeing through time, to allow one to see potential futures.

The machine was shut down, the lights coming on. The scientist running the machine turned to the man in the room. “What… Was that?”

The smiling man, in a business suit, graying hair, wrinkles by the numbers, turned to the scientist. “The future. The future…” as he pulled out a gun from his suit, aiming at the scientist.

“MR. DARIUS WAI-“ the gun was fired, the scientist dead. Darius put up his gun, and went to the intercom system in the room, pushing a few buttons. “Order 324, begin Project Transcendence.” “Yes sir.” Said the other voice. He turned the system off, still a wide smile on his face. “So it begins!”

The intercom system went on across the entire facility of Syngularity Industries, hidden deep underground in the state of Kansas. “All researchers, across all levels, please proceed to Level 1, we will be activating SIDOS, the Security Integrated Disk Operating System. Mr. Darius wants everyone to be here for this momentous occasion.”

Darius walked out of the room, making his way to Level 1. “And so it begins…”

5 minutes to the activation of SIDOS…

Rules:

1: Blah blah normal universal rules of roleplaying. If I have to tell any of you what they are I am not sure why you are on this forum.

2: Please, do not just rush through moving through the facility. We had a serious problem with that with the first one, everyone just rushing level by level down. I do not want to spend weeks or months on one level, but I do not want to move down a level every few hours or days like it happened with the original.

3: As with the original, if you have any ideas or anything for plot, or plot twists, bring it up in the OOC. If you want it to be secret or a surprise, PM me.

4: NO making up technology without my approval. The original had a serious problem with that, people just making up strange technologies, nanite cannons, black hole generators, powerful lasers, etc. Please get my approval first, it made it hard to give a challenge for any people, when anything could be killed fairly fast.

5: You can have robot or human characters. But, I ask, if you have a robot character, please, if you can, try and also have a human character. Everyone wanted a robot character, and the point of the roleplay was not a team of robots against SIDOS, but humans and robots working together. Also play out your robots realistically. SIDOS is the most advanced AI in the world, not just in intelligence, but in its sense of emotions, etc. Your robots should actually be inferior to SIDOS in that way. Not stupid, but like, with the human characters, having to try and learn from them. As an innocent child of sorts.

6: There is no escape from the facility. No pulling anything to escape. The only way to move is down, deeper into the facility, so you will be moving down.

7: You may NPC other researchers, security guards, etc, in the facility if need be for plot points and such. Just be careful, and do not do anything crazy. I am putting a lot of trust in you guys for allowing this, do not make me regret it.

8: Your occupation could be any form of science, security, etc. Just, if you, for instance, have a character with robotics, and do not know anything about robotics, keep Wikipedia up or some site to get some info, so you can roleplay with that information. Same with any other science. Does not require you to actually know any science, just being able to look it up and sound convincing.

Name/Designation:

Age/How long have you been online:

Occupation/Directive:

Description:

Bio/How and why you were built:

There we go, finally did it!

Last edited by Master of ImpZ on Wed 14 Mar 2012, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

WOOT. Bringing back Nick. x3

Name: Nicholas Mason
Description: Stands at about 5'10", with black hair (containing the odd gray streak) and green eyes. Wears bifocal rectangular glasses that tend to fall down his nose. Will never be caught without his lab coat on, a lengthy multi-pocketed wonder of modern tailoring.

In a nutshell, Nicholas prefers solitude. He will think a problem to death before taking any action, often second-guessing himself multiple times. Nicholas also enjoys the use of overly complicated metaphors and will rarely miss an opportunity to put them into action.

Bio: Not much to be said here... a former biologist, Nick was offered a job at Syngularity in order to help research the possibility of biotechnology in a future robotics project. He accepted the job without really knowing what the 'project' would be, but once he learned about SIDOS, he stayed with the project out of curiosity and dedication.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 12:35 am

Acceptified!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 5:23 pm

Yeshhh.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 1:38 am

I am hoping after everyone majority voted for Tech Syng, and the deal some people made just for me to make a roleplay, means soon people will start joining. I hope. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 9:09 am

Looks sexy.

As for some background information, we are apparently a bunch of people in an underground building or something, keeping us safe from monsters?

Why does this remind me of Fallout?
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 4:59 pm

If it does, it did not take any inspiration from Fallout.

And remember, the monsters themselves are part of a future potential revealed by the Temporal Net device, something the leader of this underground facility wants to cause. But, it is just a potential and the future can be altered.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 6:24 pm

Sheet is in the works.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 10:10 pm

YUS

Er I mean....

Okay, cool.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 2:22 am

Imp, could I join? And make a robot? :D

If no robot, I still wanna join. I bet I'm gonna love this roleplay just as much as I liked the other one, or even more. Though I hope I won't have to keep it barely alive like I did last time, remember that Imp? ;P
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 4:36 pm

I remember that in Tech Sup yeah lol.

And yeah feel free to join.
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 7:39 pm

Okay then, my character sheet is being created right now! I'ma gunna' try ta' have my robot kinda like an innocent child at da beginning... kinda... > : D

EDIT:

Name/Designation: ROZ

Age/How long have you been online: About 2 hours, just enough time to know what was going on.

Occupation/Directive: (At the moment) Learn and deliver what had been learned.

Description: Standing at about 5ft, he looks quite a bit like a normal person, except that he is made out of metal and extremely hard plastics. All the plastic is white coloured, and the metal is chrome to dark coloured. He has two eyes, one is light blue, and the other is a golden colour. Through the golden colour, ROZ can see heat signals, which can be very handy if he is able to do his job. On each hand he has the same number of fingers as humans.

Bio/How and why you were built: Built by both the imagination of Dr. Ez, the robot-maker, and with the long hours of work that his instruments went through to create ROZ. He was built to try to learn from the alien things if possible, and to bring what he learned to the people in the warehouse thing.

Name/Designation: Dr. Ezubraeu (Dr. Ez)

Age/How long have you been online: 36

Occupation/Directive: Robot creator/programmer

Description: He is a 5ft 6 man, with dark brown, messy hair. He often wears a brown suit, and sometimes will put on his white, ripped lab coat, which was ripped from catching on the instruments in his small lab he was provided with.

Bio/How and why you were built: He was always interested in Robots and creating them, and had made his way to being renowned in his home city, which he was then brought to the the warehouse thingy and asked to make things for them, which he was glad to do. Ever since then, he has been in his small lab, working on new robots. His latest, and his favourite, was one that he named ROZ.

Last edited by tahuu9 on Sat 10 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed to put on my sheet.)
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 12:31 pm

Accepted, but you can just call the warehouse thing the Facility. :P
Back to top Go down
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 2:37 pm

Okay, I hadn't been looking directly at the thing after I had begun making the sheets, so I forgot what you wanted it called. ;P
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 5:53 pm

Looks interesting, I may make a sheet if I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeMon 12 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

Cool.

And yeah no problem lol.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

Location : Live lively, live on, live strong, there is hope. Always.

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 9:21 am

This looks familiar.
Back to top Go down
http://drackonia.deviantart.com/
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 6:14 pm

Yeah. When I started thinking about remaking it on the Sporum, I was just still so busy with other crap. I am not as busy now, so I think I have the time to effectively run this.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 7:44 pm

Awesome I'll scrap up my old sheet then for you Prime. :)
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar 2012, 9:27 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 9:37 am

Okay here it is wasn't sure what to change so:

Name/Designation: she calls herself Rook
Age/How long have you been online: One to Three hours and 33 seconds.
Occupation/Directive: Climbing sneaking, learning, its mostly unknown. But she has a female voice and is always trying to learn.
Description: She is a round core, with dark blue stripes going down like tiger stripes. Her eye is a dark violet with a tint of dark (Not bright.) pink; her pupil is cat like and long like a predator.

She wants to move around the facility, find information, and learn. The robot, which is similar to Atlas, has defensive steel-plating with the same dark blue stripes, but smaller and more scattered. Her arms and legs have one extra joint than the amount humans have. The legs go up a foot, then back down at an angle, and straight. Making them look similar to a human's; bigger and stronger looking however. Her feet have two big toes both with metal like claws and both big and black with white armored plating.

Her hands have three fingers, all have claws, and the first two are talon-like, while the last is just a claw that bends.

Bio/How you were built: Information – Unknown what is known is that she was built to learn about many things, and she was built with many great climbing skills. They gave her some emotions but found her useless after a time and shut her off. Somehow she came back online.

Now to read the Op again as I haven't read it here yet.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:40 pm

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Dragockon
User
Dragockon

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeWed 14 Mar 2012, 8:43 pm

Thank ya very much.
Back to top Go down
Krazzulimaii
User
Krazzulimaii

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 12:56 am

Pm'd yo face Imp! Ahmahgash i can't wait, I love this roleplay just so much!

also, you can most definitely expect some fanart from me.
Back to top Go down
http://Krazzulimaii.DeviantART.com
Heontris
User

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Mar 2012, 7:41 pm

I can hardly wait until there are enough people who join to start the Roleplay! IT WILL BE SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Technological Syngularity OOC   Technological Syngularity OOC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Technological Syngularity OOC
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next