WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD

Go down 
+7
Snowy
Diamondback
€rim
Balu
ron
Patches
Alex
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alex
User
Alex

URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD Empty
PostSubject: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

PLEASE watch the WHOLE video and PAY ATTENTION to EVERY SECOND OF IT.

The man you see in this video is an invisible mosnter, invisible Satan, or whatever you may call him.

This man NEEDS to be stopped. If you guys are my friends, than I NEED you to team up with me now. And team up with the others NOW. Spread this around in anyway you can... get the others to spread it too. Our time is running out, and the time for our action is NOW!!! The horns of revolution have sound. Do not be def to their sound. Do not be ignorant to the cries of the children. Act NOW!!! I beg of you! Defeat this demon, or he will become unstoppable!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 4:54 pm

Before you do/say anything else rash...

1. The LRA has been disbanded in Uganda since 2006. This video started shooting in 2003. This news isn't just old, it's obsolete to the point of inaccuracy.

2. Invisible Children, which is a dubious charity for several reasons, is calling for prosecution. This means direct military engagement, aka shooting more children. This seems like a bad idea.

3. Presenting this conflict as good vs. evil is naive, oversimplified, and just plain bad reporting. There have been similar accusations on the other side as well.

4. The corrupt government is even worse than Kony. People join up with him for a reason.

Kony is an evil person, and I'm not going to say he's anything else. However, the video is wrong, the charity's solution is a bad idea, and any action you take on it most likely won't have the desired effect.

Sources:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DAE/comments/qlqzd/am_i_the_only_one_who_is_suspicious_about/
http://seet.weebly.com/1/post/2012/03/concerning-kony-2012.html
http://www.periscopepost.com/2012/03/kony-2012-invisible-childrens-campaign-to-save-child-soldiers-strikes-viral-chord-but-is-it-all-positive/

Google will give you more.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
ron
User
ron

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 4:57 pm

Whoops, never mind this post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zombo.com/
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 5:24 pm

*sigh* Child Soldiers is nothing new, in fact I am doing a Cause/Effect/Solution Report on it for Sociology. The major problem is not a bunch of kids running around with guns, hopped up on drugs, and desensitized to the point they can't tell the difference between friend and foe. It is the afterward effects, the kids being ostracized by their peers, being practical social zombies debilitated by PTSD, or some variant there-of.

Urgent, not exactly, but you are right about the whole world. Up until a few years ago the United States and several other countries were using Child Soldiers. Now though, it is mostly Rebellions against corrupt governments that use Child soldiers, really nothing you can do about that except treat the symptoms, because there are just too many causes to treat.

I am sure those kids appreciate this, but there is nothing the world can do about these Rebel Paramilitaries using kids.

@Ron: You do realize you could have deleted your post right?
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 6:44 pm

Is everyone on this whole Joseph Kony thing, now? I've heard two people, not including you, ranting about him.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 7:11 pm

Old news.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 8:10 pm

I can't watch videos, what is it? From what I'm getting from everyone else is that there's a corrupt Uganda government and an equally corrupt charity/rebellion, correct me if I'm mistaken.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 9:06 pm

Nobody involved isn't corrupt, so basically. Put on some music and look at stock photos of African orphans, you'll get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeWed 07 Mar 2012, 9:32 pm

Make sure it is that music they put on for those Sad "Save the Polar Bears" or "Save the poor abused animals (That we put down in the most expensive way possible with the money you give us)" Etc.

If you have read 1984, I suppose it qualifies as a "Hate Video"
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 8:06 am

Butchers most of the time silence chickens and turkeys with an electrical thingy down their throat, and when they turn them on, PZZT. Apparently, it's the most humane way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 11:43 am

I knew about this several years ago and it'd been going several years longer than that. It slightly bothers me that only know people seem to care.

The issue with me, as with many other people, it has happened before that everyone donates tons of money and the money doesn't go to where you want it to go exactly. The other issue I have, that eo stated, is that you're given an incredibly biased opinion, I will not lie and say I don't think Kony is an evil man, because he is, but what of the government or opposing force of Kony you'd be backing up? It has also happened before where it turns out the people we were helping weren't exactly the cleanest characters either, or perhaps were even worse.

Also Eo, on that first point, the LRA has just left Uganda, they're in other countries as well now. At least that was last I heard, I don't know how old the video I watched was though.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 12:32 pm

I didn't know if they were or not, so I just said "in Uganda." Thanks for clarifying.

EDIT: According to Wikipedia, he's in several of the nearby countries. Still funny the video points out the one country he isn't in. However, it's a country with major natural gas and oil reserves that are pretty much untapped. Not sure if there's a real connection there, but considering there's a recently-passed bill authorizing US military action there, it wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 12:43 pm

Funny that isn't it. That gas prices are going up, so now we feel it's our duty to solve the problems there.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 4:35 pm

Behold the world police, we solve everyone's problem. (when they start making problems for us that is.) Kinda more or less the World "Don't bug us, or we'll crush you" Police
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 4:58 pm

Although rude or not, when the countries do bug us and attack us, they should realize we WILL crush them or attempt to. You attack any other country, you cannot expect them to not strike back. Why is America the only country that is not allowed to retaliate? Hypocritical for other nations to think that yet they either do that, or surrender and are controlled by another force for years.

I get it is easy to go with the flow of hating your country. A lot of what we do is stupid, we should not be the police. But I rather us be the police then, say, China, or Korea. Unless you think they would do a better job lol. Rather no one was that way, but if we were not some other country would do it.

I think the US government is crap. A lot of what we do is crap. But, lesser of two evils. If we are the world police, means another, more corrupt, worse country is not. All about power, and I rather the more benevolent country be the police/bully then some fully corrupt tyrannical Fascist power hungry imperialistic trying to annex the world country. You decide if you agree or not, and I really do not give a crap if you do, but that is my two cents. Some say America is trying to take more land, but sense we have NOT taken any land for all these wars yet, when we could have, kind of shows bullcrap to that point. Would love if we did not get involved in everything though. Stay out of fights, civil wars, unless people are really asking for help, or to stop genocide.

Not trying to be rude, or personal attacks, I just know some of you kind of have that in your system to some degree. No personal attacks, just stating my opinion on it.

And I cannot tell if someone was trying to make a point, but we do not invade countries for their oil. I hear we did that in the Middle East, and yet we still buy their oil, not taking it. Moot point if that was the point being made, we do not steal other countries oil. If we did we would not buy it anymore.

/rantover
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Mar 2012, 8:39 pm

My issue Imp is that this has been a problem for so many years and now, when gas prices are on the rise, America Cares.

I also find it dumb how the way, not just America but any nation tries to solve a problem, is to fuel one side.

My mom grew up in Northern Ireland during the shootings and bomb scares because some people in Ireland didn't like Northern Ireland being part of The United Kingdom. She said that for the longest time she thought, "If America just knew what was going on here." but years later she was horrified to learn that America was giving money to the IRA because they didn't like the English presence in Northern Ireland.

So I dunno. I just think this is all dumb. Something should have been done a long time ago about Joseph Kony. I'm aggravated that now everyone thinks it's become an issue, even though it has been for the longest time.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 2:26 am

You cannot tell me you seriously believe we only care and fight wars because gas prices are going up.

Gas prices go up during war. As in, we have to care first, for the gas prices to go up. Besides, the oil companies hold nearly a monopoly over oil, and they jack prices up and down as they please. Government, at least some in it, are payed off by the oil companies, so no one stops it. But, we do not just go into wars to jack up prices either.

Some instances they may try and initiate a fight, but oil companies can already raise oil prices whenever they want and make up any lame excuse, fighting a war just becomes more expensive all around for everyone, when they can just say there is turmoil in the Middle East for the billionth time and jack up the prices again. There will always be turmoil there with rebellions and terrorist attacks. Fighting an entire war is just messy, Middle East just being itself and how it is going now is all you need.

America paying off the IRA? Okay, that does not surprise me. We have already armed rebellions in the past, stupidly. Does not make me think we have done no good in the world, and we are all evil.

I am irritated at our government, not America, not my nation. Overwhelming majority of people in America did not want the healthcare bill of Obama's. Large majority of government wanted it. That right there just shows the government and the people are separate entities. Get mad at the government, not taking punches at the nation. You are taking punches at me for what they decided to do, and that is not fair. You may have not meant it that way, any of you, but I read it that way so you need to rethink how you are typing it up.

I had nothing to do with the war in the Middle East. If you are mad about it, get mad at the ones deciding it, not the entire nation.

You mad that Kony is still out there?

Get mad at the combined governments not taking him down, not mad at me for not going out to personally find him.

Again not saying any of you said that, but it reads off like you guys are saying that, at least some of you on and off. Like it seemed you did once or twice Omni. Just think of how you are typing that, it sounds bad, at least to me. Like hating everyone in the Sporum because BB locked Havensiezed, another example. Telling me you hate everyone in the Sporum, for what a few did?

Could give a million examples lol.

Ah well, I think in the end we all agree on the core concept, not just America but all nations need to not get involved in every little conflict. Imagine arguing with your friend, and the police show up to ease the tension. It is a waste of resources and is stupid. Only in the most major of things do we need to get involved. Like Kony using children as soldiers, etc etc, major example we get involved in. Or at the very least, help someone else get involved. Whatever. Genocide, get involved. Small civil war skirmish? Leave it alone unless really truly asked for help or if it will be causing a major disruption to the world. Whatever, same basic idea. That, or we hide our heads in the sand and not help anyone and pretend nothing is going on.

Whichever you prefer. Another two cents of mine lol.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 9:02 am

Just shoot the bitch and be done with it. And if not, bombs. We have non-nuclear bombs you know.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 9:30 am

Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 9:42 am

Since this seems to be more along the lines of a debate, I'm moving it to intelligent discussion.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 10:59 am

I do not mean to incite anything Imp.
I just think it can't be anything less than a coincidence.

I'm not blaming you or America about not doing anything sooner. I just think it's a problem that should have been handled a long time ago, not just now, not even necessarily by us. It seems to horrible to me that no one but America has the heart to do anything. I understand that jumping into help any other time probably wouldn't have been the best idea for America because of the whole war in the East thing.

Also for reference I don't hate everyone one the sporum. :P Just psherman because he's a hypocritical douche bag. I actually like a lot of the people on the sporum.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 11:26 am

America actually has it's own problems, every country does. I believe that it's just when that video started going around and spreading awareness, we didn't want to look like a big douche bag by not trying to help out, so here we are.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 12:07 pm

Master of ImpZ wrote:
Although rude or not, when the countries do bug us and attack us, they should realize we WILL crush them or attempt to. You attack any other country, you cannot expect them to not strike back. Why is America the only country that is not allowed to retaliate? Hypocritical for other nations to think that yet they either do that, or surrender and are controlled by another force for years.

I think the US government is crap. A lot of what we do is crap. But, lesser of two evils. If we are the world police, means another, more corrupt, worse country is not. All about power, and I rather the more benevolent country be the police/bully then some fully corrupt tyrannical Fascist power hungry imperialistic trying to annex the world country. You decide if you agree or not, and I really do not give a crap if you do, but that is my two cents. Some say America is trying to take more land, but sense we have NOT taken any land for all these wars yet, when we could have, kind of shows bullcrap to that point. Would love if we did not get involved in everything though. Stay out of fights, civil wars, unless people are really asking for help, or to stop genocide.

And I cannot tell if someone was trying to make a point, but we do not invade countries for their oil. I hear we did that in the Middle East, and yet we still buy their oil, not taking it. Moot point if that was the point being made, we do not steal other countries oil. If we did we would not buy it anymore.

okay, so to summarize your arguments...

1>> Uganda attacked the US

2>> If the US wasn't being the "World Police" China would.

3>> US wars have nothing to do with oil.

1)Uganda is actually doing pretty well on it's own, comparative to a lot of it's neighbors(if 1st world nations need to stick their noses into Africa, can we go deal with blood diamonds and countries lacking anything resembling a stable government? kthxbye). And neither Kony nor Uganda did anything to "Hurt" the US. In fact, if the recent wars in Afghanistan and Iran had ANYTHING to do with responding to attacks, then why hasn't the US gone to war with Pakistan? That country where we found Osama, living it up in a well guarded compound just a few miles from one of Pakistan's largest military bases, where the government officials that assisted the US in the assassination were punished(in many cases, fired) for that assistance? Certainly seems pretty suspicious to me, ignoring anything OTHER than the issues brought up by the assassination(and plenty of people suspected Pakistan before they found Pakistan).

2)So... the fact that the UN has a military police isn't good enough? We need a country to do that? NO country should be acting the way the US is. if a strike is required, it should be treated the same way Libya was- BY THE UN.

3)the fact that EVERY COUNTRY that the US has invaded recently A) had oil and B) was not freely trading that oil the US leads me to doubt that claim.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Mar 2012, 4:39 pm

Except we never took any of that oil, so how did attacking them give us more oil? If we were taking their oil sure, but we are not, so that means nothing.

The UN is a figure head, the entire world knows it. They do not do anything, and they have not really done anything for years. They need to be rebuilt because they rarely do anything as is. And please, argue if you wish, but I have heard the same and not just from America. The UN is useless right now, like the queen in Britain. They have power, but do not use it, mostly a figurehead and every great once in a while do something or say something. Usually they do not even do that, but throw empty threats that never go anywhere. Like slap Iraq on the hand for building up to nuclear weapons, but never actually doing anything about it.

I never said China would be the world police. My point was if America didn't do it, and I wish it didn't mind you so my point was not that I wished it would, POSSIBLY a corrupt country could. And sense a lot of those corrupt countries economies, like China, have a very fast and powerful growing economy. I would be OK if the UN would do that, but again, point being, they are a figurehead right now mostly. They rarely actually do anything. Pointing back to empty threats to people building nuclear weapons, but not actually ever doing anything.

And no no I did not say you hate everyone on the Sporum Omni, I was using it as an example. Yeah I wish people did something faster about Kony. I wish the UN would actually do something and not be lazy and throw around empty threats and talk all the time, but they are not.

I would love if the US would back off, and the UN would do what they were supposed to do. But I am not holding my breath for that. Another point, if the UN actually had power, they would tell America to stop doing their job for them, and make America stop. Oh look, but they will not even do that. Lol. Once the UN grows a pair, THEN we will talk about them being a world police.

And I completely agree with you Joural on Pakistan. They are who we need to attack and fight. Why aren't we? Politics. Pure and simple. However I never said Uganda attacked us. I was talking about how like terrorists hit us, but it was bad for us to retaliate against them. Some people say that. Or us retaliating against Japan when they hit Pearl Harbor. Uh, hello, you attacked us first, of course we will slap back. That point had nothing to do with Uganda, my rant was less about that, more how people just take shots at the US over stupid crap other people are hypocritical about. Like Pearl Harbor nearly took out our entire Atlantic fleet, leaving America in a huge disadvantage. It was only not so bad because the Japanese did not pass once more. A third pass and a lot of World War II would not have happened, America would have been at a huge disadvantage. We saw the threat, what they nearly did to us, so hit them back. Hard. Right or wrong, we did. Sadly we are not hitting Pakistan, and we should. So I completely agree with you on that point.

However oil has nothing to do with it. Please be logical about it. If we wanted the oil we would take it. Scientists estimate America has more oil then Saudi Arabia. If we REALLY wanted oil that bad to start wars we would drill the oil underneath our feet, not go to countries with less oil, and then not even steal the oil we want.

It makes no sense. It is like saying I want to steal your money, so beat you up in an alley, but leave you with your wallet and steal none of your money. How did I steal any of your money then, how could you even say I attacked you for money, if I did not even take any of it?

If we are not stealing the oil from the countries we are in war in, or even at war with, then how is it a war for oil? So sorry, in my honest opinion that is not true. I make my point against it, if you STILL hold to that point, fine hold to it. I am going to try and not stay here too long, this argument. Not in losing because I can throw each point back, but I can get too argumentative in this crap lol.

Too long to read?

Point being this.

America is world police. If it wasn't, another powerful country COULD take their place, and one very powerful growing country is China right now, powerful economy. Not exactly someone I want as a world police. America or China. Lesser of two evils if you want to say.

I would like to America to back off and stop getting involved all the time like that. And if we do, attack who we need to attack, example, Pakistan. Politics makes things far too complicated. Fairly simple stuff.

I do not believe the wars are over oil. Oil may be a secondary small reason, but never a primary reason. If it was we would be stealing their oil, not attack them, and then leave so they can freely use their oil as they wish still. Makes no sense.

The UN is mostly a figurehead. Whether you agree or not they barely ever do anything but throw empty threats. If they would grow a pair and get involved, before the US decided too, or got on to the US for getting involved in stupid affairs, would be lovely. Call me when they do that please. This is not my excuse like because the UN won't we should, but the UN is LETTING the US do it. UN needs a tad reform, or actually start doing stuff beyond talking. Otherwise the US is not going to stop. And it really really should stop, the US. Our government is crap right now, no one should disagree with that, unless you listen to everything the media says or see the president and house and congress as your god or something.

I really agree with most of you except for a few points, oil=all US wars as an example. May sound sarcastic but it is nice to debate a little and not delve into name calling and being jerks to one another. If I came off that way anywhere in my posts I apologize in advance. I want the debates in one circle, and friendships in another if that makes sense. When those mix friendships are over or hurt.

But I think I am done. Not that I cannot stay on my points but I do not want to be sucked into it. I stated my opinions and thoughts, any opinion can be picked apart, and it just goes on and on. At least, I thiiiink I am done.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitimeSat 10 Mar 2012, 5:09 pm

*facepalm*

You aren't STEALING the oil, you're going into countries that don't trade oil with the US aqnd toppling the established governments to be replaced with ones who will! I'm not saying those governments aren't bad, the taliban needed to go, after all, but that doesn't change the fact that the US is doing it.

Except for those times they did do something? like when the US accused Afghanistan and Iraq of having nuclear weapons, and the UN sent in inspectors to check out if they did, found no evidence, and said "You're full of shit America"? or the recent uprising in libya, where the government was firing on it's own people, and the UN got a ton of forces together from various member nations and bombed the shit out of active military installations to help the rebels?

and really? a corrupt economy with a massive military might become the world police if it isn't the US? you mean a corrupt world power capable of holding the entire world to ransom by means of their ridiculously overzealous army? like, say, the USA? Who does things noone can stop, what with the fact everyone's terrified of them because they are the only major world power to ever use a nuke?

Also, you know something, I need to clear up another point of contention really quickly here- China is not, in fact, a super power. They are at best a second world nation, and their economy is about 10 years from stagnating and then falling into a steep decline because they have the most rapidly aging population in the world. turns out, limiting the number of children people can have? results in them having less children, so that in the future your work force is much smaller. Never mind that China and the US aren't in anything like a competition- your countries would fall apart without each other. China depends on the US to buy all the random crap they produce, and the US depends on China to produce everything that allows are modern world to function. You aren't exactly at risk of going to war.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD   URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

URGENT NEWS FOR THE WHOLE WORLD
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next