WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). Empty
PostSubject: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 9:18 am

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). ArboretumofArtemis

Arboretum of Artemis.

Year is... 2257. You're located on Artemis, one of Tristan's largest, yet only newly discovered moons. However, you can't see Tristan or any of the other moons, because the sky is a simulation. While the birds seem real, they are mere projections, to populate the life sustaining trees of the colony. While the surface is perfectly habitable to normal life, permission to live outside the complex is yet to be delivered. So, the only real animals are located in the newly built dome...

And this is where you most likely reside, a species unlike any seen before, brought by humanity from the far reaches of the fledgling empire to entertain the new children of the colony, who are coming of age. Inside the dome, only the best trees that bear fruit, provide shelter, and house new life are cultivated. As a resident of this paradise, you would assume that you would want to spend all your years here, hunting, feeding, mating and dying in better conditions than you could ever hope for.

As long as you keep the 'tall-skins' entertained. Around the place are cameras, filming at random times so that the humans can add their sarcastic commentary to ensure the laughter of the families among the complex. At other times you may very well be observed from the many levels stretching fifty metres above the expansive land and water systems, engaging in your usual activities to give them a glimpse of what may lay outside.

Oh the joys of the outside world! Freedom, to be away from the humans, to go where you please. No more constraints of territory, or the invisible walls that prevent you from venturing into the white and bleak halls of the tall beasts. If only there were to be a way to escape...

Okay, so if you've skipped through that pathetic piece of poetic writing and all, here's the basics.

Humans have achieved space travel, and their newest acquisition is the moon Artemis orbiting the volcanic planet Tristan. But since it's quite a distance between Artemis and the nearest spaceport, the residents don't really get much of a chance to return to Earth. To fix that, the Arboretum has been constructed in order to satisfy the needs of the colony, in an entertainment sense of course.

This is where you come in.

You're an animal, more precisely a group of animals numbering from one to five, of the same species mind you. While life in the dome is perfect, perfection can be upset, and it's not nice when the humans intervene. There is a way to escape, but it will take time to reach, it is rather dangerous, and the humans are always on the watch. Of course, you are perfectly welcome to stay and enjoy life as it is, although depending on the activity of your species, overpopulation will quickly become a problem.

And there is nothing more horrid than watching how they deal with overpopulation...

Sheets: (We all love em, or hate em... Either way, MAKE THEM!)

Species Name:
Description:
Habitat:
Individuals: (Name, Age, Gender, the basics).
Bio: (Where the species was sampled from, lifestyle before the Arboretum etc).
Behaviour: (Aggressive, Passive, you know all that).
Mental Attributes:

What else, what else...

Oh right, DA RULES!

1. Do I really need to go over them?
2. Keep this friendly, no need to describe chewing off heads or baby making.
3. Escape will come in due time, there is a small range of circumstances suitable for breaking out.
4. Mods? Depends if anyone actually joins this...
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 7:10 pm

Sheets:

Jokie155:

Spoiler:

V:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Jokie155 on Fri 22 Jun 2012, 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 7:46 pm

Looks pretty interesting, I might make a sheet.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 8:06 pm

Species can be pretty much anything, although it's preferrable to keep it between the size of a mouse and the size of a large dog. After all, shipping the animals there wouldn't allow for big ones.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 8:09 pm

I won't be shipping. :P
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 8:10 pm

I mean by long distance carrier, interstellar transport and all. Not... the other shipping.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 8:27 pm

Ahhhh, I see. /epicderp
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun 2012, 8:48 pm

As I was saying, I may or may not open up the human side as options for characters, however their role in this will not be as significant as the animals themselves.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 2:52 am

Species Name: Gigasalamandra infernis
Description: The name is a very good summary. It is a relatively large salamander like creature, the largest being around five feet long and weighing in at 80 pounds. Most of them are darker shades of green or brown, to camouflage. They have one inch long serrated teeth which face back to trap their prey. They have a slow reproductive cycle, birthing small gilled juveniles after thirteen months of gestation. they take around seven years to reach full size and can live for extensive periods of time. Te backs of their tails are flattened for efficient swimming.
Habitat: They typically inhabit swamps, taking shelter in clumps of reeds or in hollow logs. While they do prefer deep water, they can survive in shallow water.
Individuals: Name: Klik
Appearance: He is five feet long. He weighs eighty pounds and was a dominant male back on the home world. As such, he is fiery orange on his underbelly and a deep red on top. He has a few scars on his sides from territorial disputes.
Bio: The species was sampled from a relatively obscure swamp planet named M42. They generally lived almost sedentary lives before the move, seeing as they are ambush hunters. They are territorial over their approximately 300 square meter space. When given the chance they will reside in above water hollow areas of any type.
Behavior: Aggressive territorial ambush hunters.
Mental Attributes: Not too bright. Average amphibians with basic territorial hierarchies.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 3:18 am

Added.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeFri 22 Jun 2012, 11:36 am

Thankies :)
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun 2012, 5:51 am

IC's there, although I have doubts if it'll ever be used.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:11 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:12 am

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:19 am

Hmm, how to go about getting trained...
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:22 am

I've gotta go for now, but I'll be back soon.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:26 am

Okay.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:42 am

And here I am! : D
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:43 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:47 am

Yuppiadooday.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 12:59 am

Hmm, Jokie, I need your opinion on something.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:04 am

Alrighty.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:11 am

Should I get some form of bracelet or other? This crucifix is my first jewelry ever.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:14 am

Well whatever suits you. I'm not into crucifix's myself, but I guess it works. Then again I've never been one for jewellery, cant even stand wearing a plain chain. If something catches your eye then go for it.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitimeWed 27 Jun 2012, 1:20 am

Meanwhile at the research lab...
"Fish."
"Que?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).   Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP). I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arboretum of Artemis. (Animal RP).
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next