WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Anathema: We've started!

Go down 
+9
The_Paper_Tiger
Rachel
Diamondback
Admiral Ji
Shade
Ømnivalence
marsh
Snowy
Patches
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Anathema: We've started!  Empty
PostSubject: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

I'm itching to run something Exalted-based, but the Sporum never felt like quite the right venue. Maybe if we could attract a strong enough core group here, it could work.

There are two things I'm thinking about running:

An Exalted Solars/Lunars game. Basically, the gods created the Exalts to kill/overthrow the god's creators and then rule Creation when they were done. That was millennia ago, and the Solars, the ones decreed to rule everything ever, got themselves all killed and their power imprisoned for a few thousand years. Meanwhile, Creation went to hell in a handbasket as the Dragon-Blooded tried to rule by themselves after driving the Lunars into the edges of reality itself, where the Lunars slowly went mad. Now, the Solars have returned for reasons unknown, and they and their Lunar compatriots are setting out to set the world aright. Or completely break it. That works too. When you're as powerful as the Exalts are, the world is your oyster (so long as you can wrest it away from the others, who think you're demon-spawn). As far as the power level, it's like starting a D&D game at level 20.

A lower-powered game using the same system, that's pretty much Star Trek in a fantasy setting. Sail through space on a galleon, have adventures, etc.

For the normal exalted game, there's a lot to absorb, but if you can read through the average bazillion-page Sporum OP, it's not that hard. I'll start you off as mortals and explain things IC as we go, so your characters will learn along with you.

So pretty much, it comes down to "have more setting, do awesomer things" or "have a largely improvised setting, do more low-key things." Either way, I'll help with chargen or do it myself, however we want to handle it.

Last edited by AlaskanWyvern on Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:19 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:46 pm

I like it, it's an incredible idea. But before roleplays start popping up, it would be a good idea to recruit a few members...

Do you think Chaos would be interested in coming? I'm not sure how many people would be interested in coming, but absolutely anyone is allowed. As long as they don't start shit, I'm fine.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:50 pm

Never hurts to check. I'd like to have him along, at least.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Also, I'm too lazy to check, but if you haven't already, maybe you could include a Roleplay Planning subforum?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:54 pm

Roleplay planning could go just fine here in General Discussion, which was what Eo did (so sorry, you'll always be Eo to me). It makes pretty darn good sense to me.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Yeah, that could work, I guess. Also, there is an Omnivex afoot.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

I don't know what you're talking about I am most certainly not a foot. I am a human being.

I would be interested in something like an RPG RP. Maybe anyway. Depends if I have the free time or not.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

Yay, this is two (possibly).

Also, I don't care which you call me, but AlaskanWyvern is what I normally go by now, so that's what I called this account.

Unless people say otherwise, I'm probably going with normal Exalted.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

I might be interested in joining. Although it kind of confuses me a bit. X3
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

It's generally a little confusing for first-timers, considering that it's built on an entirely different paradigm from other fantasy settings. But like I said, I will explain it as we go and start small.
Back to top Go down
marsh
User
marsh

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

Okay. :D
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

I've never done an RPG, so I'll try. If I can remember this forum's URL.

...given my memory, you MAY want to count me out, actually
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Sep 2011, 10:02 pm

Or bookmark it?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 1:16 am

Yeah, I'm up for this. Always itching to try new RPG's.

Any links to a place where I could get a feel for what's going to be going on/find character ideas early?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 6:55 am

Shade wrote:
I've never done an RPG, so I'll try. If I can remember this forum's URL.

...given my memory, you MAY want to count me out, actually
You can bookmark it, favorite it or something.

The URL isn't too hard to remember actually, just remember it's a forumotion forum.

RPProject.forumotion.com
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Foxji: We're probably doing a Lunars game, so I'd start here: wiki.white-wol f.com/exalted/index.php?title=Lunar

For a more humorous look at the setting, a la the Exalted version of Order of the Stick: keychain.patternspide r.net/archive/koc0001.html

The sourcebooks are available online if you know where to look.

The shapeshifting fix we'll be using is here: forums.white-wol f.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=44627
If you want to skip past the endless fluff and get to the nitty-gritty, then skip to the third post.

I'd link you to the wikipedia page, but it sucks. When in doubt, do a little linksurfing on the Exalted wiki, and you should get a decent idea. I'll be providing setting information once I get more about the campaign hammered out in my head.

EDIT: Apparently nobody on the forum is allowed to post external links for a week. WTF.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

Odd. I'll see if I can do something to fix that.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

Danke schön.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Well, if it's there, I can't find it. Sorry guys. I'll keep looking in the mean time.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 12:28 pm

Right, I'll look around, see if I understand anything. Hope this gets moving, though.

And now I'm quite interested in figuring out what I'd like to be. We're only doing lunar, yes?

So, will we be starting out Casteless, and have to go through trials? Because that sounds fun.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 1:39 pm

I think so. I was considering Lunars and Solars, but the charmsets are pretty different, by which I mean, a starting Solar could take over a city with one letter (and believe me, I've seen a guy pull this off). Lunars are still pretty freakin' scary, but a touch more reasonable.

Keep in mind that Exalted is built to handle more than just combat characters, so socialites, bureaucrats, craftsmen, priests, and problem-solvers are all legit concepts.

Actually, you'll be starting out mortal, then Exalt more or less as a group soon into the game. But yeah, you'll have some sort of initiation in order to take a caste and get tattooed. How much that will entail depends how much time the players want to put into it.

You'll at least want to pick out a caste, a totem, and a concept for who the character was before exalting. I have some locale and setting information posted here. If you have AIM, we can try to discuss chargen via voice chat (which will be the easiest thing, I suspect), or I can ask a bunch of questions, and I can stat something for you.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 1:44 pm

Alright, cool. Though, I was kinda hoping to see where I managed to take myself, caste wise, I do kind of have one picked out, I guess.

I like the ask a bunch of qustions idea. If only because I like the answer questions, get a suggestion, idea. And also because I do not have AIM.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 2:34 pm

I can probably also get skype to work; the proxies here are a little funky sometimes. But I'll try to put together a form soon.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

Never actually used skype, though I should at some point.

Another barrier to this would be my lack of headphones, my last pair crapped out on me, and I'd rather not let everyone in the house hear me talking to someone, no offense. Actually, stratch that, I just found a pair that actually works. I'll be back in a few minutes, though.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Oct 2011, 3:16 pm

Let me know if/when you want to try, and I'll send you my account name. Not sure if you got the PM, because it keeps saying it's in the outbox, not the sent items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anathema: We've started!    Anathema: We've started!  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anathema: We've started!
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next