WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Musings- The IC

Go down 
+2
Mr Allen J
The Illusive Badger
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

Musings- The IC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2012, 3:47 am

Kyle.

Then she was pushing it.

This chick was starting to really concern me, but I couldn't really get too far away from her, because without her fat ass cow bitch oddly nice-looking body in the fucking way, the wind almost seemed to fucking sting. I didn't want to tell her about Johnny. I might have only barely knew the kid, but that didn't mean *here some things are hastily erased* I mean, you expect me to not be a bit freaked when he gets his ass lynched? Jesus.

I REALLY didn't want to tell her about the whole electricity thing. A bolt of lightning came down, and I'll admit, I jumped and shouted a bit. My hair was rising from the energy, little currents running through my veins. I could feel the fuckers. Fucking A, goddamn weather was gonna blow my cover. I had to think of something.

I decided on no answer at all.

"How about mind your own fucking business? I go wherever the fuck I like and whenever the fuck I like it, and I guess I just decided to bug out of that shithole of a place I was and just go. No reason, just going! There doesn't have to be a fucking reason for everything!"

Stupid fucking nosey-ass creepy-ass broad. I sighed in the wake of my outburst.
Back to top Go down
http://misterturtle.deviantart.com/
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2012, 9:14 pm

Procella

And just like that, he fucking snapped.

All of a sudden he's going off on me, screaming and ranting to stay out of his business. Maybe he wasn't bright enough to realize I was keeping his ass safe from the thunderstorm (which howled more ominously with each f bomb he dropped), but at least he proved he wasn't going to rape me. No rapist lost his cool that easily.

Still, he might flip out and beat the shit out of me. Win some, lose some.

But beyond that...it pissed me off. This dick had been giving me the cold shoulder all day and-no, cold shoulder isn't right. He'd been emotional, just dickish about it. Not to mention that, the prick was acting like all the problems in the world were his own, you know, like the fuckface was the only human being in existence that had daddy issues, the only one that cut it and ran when shit hit the fan.

It reminded me of myself.

I was at a crossroads between complete anger and complete sympathy. This was a risky gambit. If he wasn't what I was banking on, if my theory wasn't right, if he was another racist bigot like the rest of them...

There was nothing I could do about it now. Past around seven feet, in all directions, hail was coming down with the force and speed of a machine gun, the lightning was booming within a hundred yards on all sides. The angrier I got, the worse everything became, to where the only light came from the lightning and the glow of the hailstones, for a split second, because the skies were so black. Winds ripped across the field, and I saw one small tree get uprooted entirely before thick fog began to rise up from the ground,.

"Kyle. You don't fucking talk to a woman that way. Might make her feel vulnerable. 'Specially in a field where no one's around. Did you stop and fucking wonder what was up with this storm, Kyle? Were you too busy being a douchebag? I take ten steps in any direction and you're dead, you understand me? I asked you a damned personal question. I know that. I'm fucking sorry for it. I thought maybe you had a life half as shitty as mine and I was trying to sympathize. But by all means, keep fucking running from your problem, because YOU FUCKING CAN."

I was shaking, sweet Jesus help me, I'd never been so angry before in my life, but the way this kid was treating me was....ugh.

I felt...lightheaded. Weak. I noticed, vaguely, the storm was lessening, which was weird, because I was still just as pissed. Why...why the hell was Kyle so much taller? Why did my knees hurt, all of a sudden. Why the fuck did I feel grass on my face? I rolled over, moving my head off a hailstone (which was melting unnaturally quickly, I noticed somewhere in the back of my mind).

I...I couldn't move. I was so tired. Everything started greying up, you know, and Kyle was swaying back and forth, like everything in my vision was rippling. The shades of greys that painted the world started to get darker. I'd gone too far. Worn myself out.

"Hey," i murmured, struggling to stay conscious. "Not done with you yet..asshole. Don't treat another mutant like shit...ugh..."

I'd tried to get up but promptly fell back down. Shit. My mind was muddled and fuzzy, and thinking out even simple thoughts was incredibly demanding, but I understood that passing out in a field with a stranger-a douchebag stranger-without the storms to protect me was a bad idea. Especially after I'd threatened him. I fell to my hands and knees, arms shaking and threatening to give out underneath me.

They did.

I couldn't push myself up, I was so damn tired. Just...just gonna lay here for a minute. Until the rain woke me up again.

May

Ohmigosh they killed your puppy? I'm so sorry. That's, like, really, really sad. I'd give you a hug. No, I will.

I tightened the seatbelt affectionately. DON'T COME OFF AS A CREEPER. Easy on the unconditional love. He'll want it. Soon.

And yes! Smoke as much as you want! I don't mind. I can filter it out anyways. Here! Ashtray!

I popped out the ashtray for him as a courtesy, ya know, like how they leave soap and stuff out for you in hotels. Do they still do that? It's been so long since I've been in a hotel. Or even been in a building. Did people still use soap? I didn't want to ask him and come off as creepy. He might leave! Oh, don't leave. Please don't leave me.

That's really sad! What's wrong with your eyes? I think they look pretty, but I guess not everybody's as nice as me, hehe. I have, like, a really vague memory, of back when I used to be a person and...

My voice broke for a minute. I...I hadn't opened up in a while.

...Sorry. I just don't normally talk about myself.

Or talk at all.

...I remember somethin' kinda like that. People were always staring at me. I can't really remember why. I remember having like a reputation, you know? I mean, I wasn't a slut, please don't think I'm a slut, but people thought I was really bitchy or something. I was always getting weird stares, you know? It really sucked. But I'm sure what you have is way worse. Nobody killed my puppy for it.

He thinks you're a slut now, May, damnit!. My tears were partially out of this and the idea of him losing his puppy. He seemed so nice! He was like the nicest guy ever! He came up and talked to me and all. I mean, not everybody would do that. All the evidence I needed for that was the fact that nobody talked to me. So he must be nicer than them to do that! And someone went and killed his puppy.

If I ever found the guys who did that, I was going to shove the entirety of the Plymouth Fury through their spinal cords, and then slowly explode their heads by running over them from the ass all the way up the spine with my front right tire, so I could reaaaalllly enjoy it.

What sadistic fuck kills puppies?

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 30 Dec 2012, 10:08 pm

Cameron, LA

... Damn, I liked that dog.

After May said okay, I reached over to my back pack and dug through it for a little bit as she talked. "I would show you what's up with my eyes- but taking those goggles off hurts like hell" It wasn't a good idea to take my hands off the wheel but at light I dug inside of my back. Yes! I got my cigarette. I need to relax a bit, it's going to be a long ride. I lit it, then leaned forward. I should tell May the whole story.

"The real reason why they want my ass so badly-" I paused because that sure as fuck came out wrong. "Haha. Better start from the top. "I'm a mutant. I got control of this fire which I don't really fucking get. It doesn't... you know. Do what fire does."

I raised a finger in the air, and quickly some of my cyan emotional flames appeared at my finger tips. "It hurts people, but not like burning. It does something to their mind- their emotions." I shrugged before the flame disappeared and I put that hand on the wheel.

"I don't really know what my power does. It changes- like with my mood." I could go on about how the hell I don't know about my own power. "Yeeeeah... It's all about that mutants right bullshit. Those motherfuckas go crazy about mutants... why I want to get out of the country so badly."
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Jan 2013, 3:36 pm

((INFINITE ENTRY))

I was well into my third course, some potatoes I picked up at a farmer market, when my savior asked me where I was from. I looked around myself, before pointing towards the woods, in the rough direction of my camp. "That way. Not sure how far, I'd need to get into the woods to find out. Would you like to see it?"

I wondered briefly why I had made the offer, but it seems pointless to question the why, so I moved on, focusing on my companion's reaction and finishing off my food so I would be ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 2:21 am

A Goddamned Fence?

The woods?

He had pointed towards the woods, just now... Either that or the sun had finally blinded me.

I blinked at him and then turned my head towards the direction he was pointing in. So he lived in the woods, was that it? No, there must've been something else to this story...he probably had some kind of cabin or something stored away, surrounded by a bunch of trees. Even though it was a guess on my part, it left me with a lot of questions;

Why did he live in the woods? Was he there on his own or with his family? Did he even have any family? How in the hell had he gotten better so quickly after being tied to that fence for God-only-knew-how-long?

"Would you like to see it?"

I couldn't help but look surprised at that. It was pleasant surprise, of course; this fella sure seemed quick to trust. Then again, I had saved his life, I guess, so I had earned some of that trust already. At least, I hope that I did.

With a lazy shrug and smile I said "That's right nice of you to offer like that. Sure, why not?"
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 1:41 pm

May

Ohmigosh that's so cool! I mean, I'd heard about other mutants with powers aside from me and stuff but yours is really awesome! Oh, I guess I'm a mutant. Which is weird, cause I don't really have a body. But that's my thing, you know! I can like...possess shit. No that makes me sound all demonic. Like the car, right, I'm the car right now, but I could be in your shoe or something if I wanted. I go by contact. And if something that's alive lets me, I can share forms with them and help them and stuff!

At least, I think. I've never really tried it cause...no one's really...um. But yeah, I can like, improve stuff, sorta? Like the Fury hasn't been refueled in a while and it still runs okay, and it never gets dirty even when I run through mud and stuff.

I guess I have it easier cause no one's persecuted me or anything. I can't imagine how hard that is for you, right? People hating you for something like that. I really vaguely remember people being mad at me for something, people having mixed emotions about me or something, before I was in the car. But everything's kinda fuzzy before then. I...am I talking too much? Sorry, I just haven't had someone to talk to in a really long time. It helps me make sense of stuff, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 2:13 pm

Cam- Know what? Screw it.

"You do have it easier, because you're a car and I'm a human. Don't take it the wrong way. It's just that... you know what--- nevermind."

That's interesting as hell. I knew May was more than just a car, yeah. But, this confirms that she's human and I'm not just going crazy. But, the thing I want to know is where is her body. I felt like I was going to ask... but you know what. Fuck it, I don't want to go there. I'll just assume that she's in bed somewhere while she's controlling the car.

But, I did want to know what the hell happens when she processes some fuck. "Yo, May. What do you mean you can share forms?"
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 5:58 pm

Kyle.

See, when I go off on people, one of two things happen.

A. They back the fuck down, because they don't want a confrontation.

B. Things escalate.

Usually B happens, I mean, fuck, if anyone doesn't like taking shit, it's we Americans. And Porcella really went at option B. Most people poke it with a stick, she stuck a fucking pole into that shit. Impaled.

And now I was noticing the way the storm was growing, the way she was getting more and more and just fucking more, man. And after all that, before I could reply, she collapsed.

She was a mutant. She said so. Dammit.

I knelt beside her and shook her shoulders, trying to get her up.

"Hey! C'mon, girl, wake up! Jesus."
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 2:03 pm

May

Okay, like, you know how your soul or consciousness or whatever metaphysical term floats your boat is in your head, right? Like, why you get hit in the head and can't think straight and why people get shot in the head and...die.

For some reason saying that last part sent a shiver through me: and by that, I mean the suspension on the car fucked up for a second, which he probably noticed. The rifle in my trunk vividly burned across my eyes, but there was no time to ponder what all this meant, I had to focus on not losing face in front of my only friend

Well, I'm not really like that. Like, my soul is in charge of the car right now. But I can get out of it. Into other objects, or living things. There isn't really like a limit to how many "people" can be in a "person", so right now I could share your body. Like, I could hear your thoughts and you could hear mine and stuff. Or if you got knocked unsconscious I could take over. But I only do shit if people allow me, like I can't do much more than see what you see or hear what you hear unless you want me to. And even then you can kick me out if you want.

But, uh, I totally wouldn't do that if you didn't want me to. I won't possess you or anything if you want to take a nap later or something. Please don't be afraid of me or anything. I probably seem really creepy now.

The car's windshield wipers fluttered really quickly. I hoped he didn't see me struggling to keep from crying. He was going to leave me, wasn't he? I should've lied and just said I was a talking car. Oh no. This was terrible.

Procella

The world came blurring back into existence in front of my eyes, bringing Kyle with it. I vaguely remembered being angry at him but I was more drained and weary than anything else. The storm had subsided, night-black storm clouds faded to a dreary grey, and the harsh, artillery-shell lightning and thunder had gone as well. There was hardly any rain, only the occasional bout of mist, floating by on the remnants of the breeze.

Once I could see one Kyle instead of three, I pushed myself up onto my feet gingerly and gave it a moment. I was really lightheaded and almost fell over, but managed to stagger for a few feet and regain my balance. I took deep breaths, steadying my heart rate and trying to get under control. This didn't happen often, which was good because it meant less property damage but also bad in the sense that I wasn't as accustomed to dealing with it.

For a moment, I realized how much damage I could do if I really wanted to. If I walked up to the front of the White House, or in the middle of a public area. I was...I was a weapon. Maybe all the people calling for us to be locked up, to be killed, I dunno. Maybe they had a good point.

The idea of getting my hands on MDMA or something to keep my anger down crossed my mind briefly, but unless this guy was a druggie I doubted it'd be relevant now.

There were a few moments of awkward silence.

"...glad that's all blown over..."

Shitty puns.

"Yeah. Sorry. I...I don't normally lose control like that. I...I'm sorry."

Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 4:09 pm

Kyle.

Under normal circumstances, I would have given a massive groan thanks to the pun. These weren't normal fucking circumstances. This chick wasn't just a fellow mutant. She was literally dangerous. I would have to walk on fucking eggshells to avoid getting struck by lightning or something.

I mean, c'mon, doesn't take a super-genius to put two and two together and see how the weather was acting up when she got extra bitchy. She seemed a bit calmer now. Guess she was either tired or that was a lot of shit she had kept pent up.

I couldn't think of anything to reply to her with. I could think that she was probably on the run from something. Then again, weren't we all? Lynch mobs and shit. It was only a matter of time before a bunch of assholes come out and inspect the damage, and when they find us they'd be asking questions.

I guess I dropped my guitar case when I went to shake her up, so I picked it up again and shook my head. That's the only response I could think of. Then I thought of another one.

"At least your puns are worse than your storms," I said, with a smile. "We should probably make like trees and get the fuck out of here, because I think at least one person is gonna be suspicious if they see us fucking unscathed in the middle of a grove after a storm like that."

I wasn't gonna say I was sorry for losing my cool. Because she lost it worse. Hell, I don't think there was a way I could lose mine the same way.

((FOR THE RECORD, I WILL PUT THE FOLLOWING))

((TO DESCRIBE NPC EVENTS))

...Los Angeles

An LAPD officer was lazing about on patrol. LA being the town that it was, he was constantly on the alert for trouble. His radio cracked with reports of violence and theft, so naturally he was a tad on-edge.

Seeing a pristine Plymouth plow past his windshield wasn't very reassuring. He turned on his lights and began following the vehicle, in order to try to convince it to pull over.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Jan 2013, 9:10 pm

Cameron

All of this sounds good--- too good. I'm a bit unsure about this, because May is saying something you'd hear from the monster in those shitty horror movies. Ha. Everything's all good until she takes my body, well. In her defense if she wanted to do it she would have been done it. I ain't afraid of her, to be honest I'd love to be a car right now. Don't have to worry about being killed by some mutant-hating asshole when you aren't even human. But, then, might go crazy from the loneliness like this car.

Yeah. I'm going to get the hell out of dodge and split with May. I just see no reason to continue this... relationship after I got what I wanted: An easy way out of here.

I just focused on "driving" so nobody would pay attention to me. Hmph. I thought it'd be the perfect disguise but, no. Some asshole cop decided to pull me over. Don't blame them when I'm driving around in a brand new high-end Fury. But, dammit I don't own this car and nobody is dumb enough to believe I got a talking car that drives itself. I got options here and I gotta pick one.

A). I bail, and try to lose them on foot.

B). Pull over and get arrested.

C). Try to outrun [Cameron erased this part] No, that ain't a good idea. None of this shit is a good idea. But, you know what, I'm just going to ask the car what to do. If that fails there's always option number A.

"May, what the hell do I--- we do?"
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 08 Jan 2013, 9:56 am

(this is the entry that never ends...)

She agreed to go, as I had suspected she would. She looked to be on the run from something, and I imagine she figured somewhere I spent time would likely be isolated enough she wouldn't have to worry. She really had no idea.

"Well, if you're up for it, then follow me!" I said, before turning and leading the way towards the woods, walking along the fence that had been used to torture me so recently. I knew where the break would be, though, and it was easier to do it by rote than it would be to start again and try to find a new way in because this route was now tinged with that dark lack-of-memory.

I've no doubt the pace I set was punishing, but I needed to get back so I could check my traps, and reset any that were set off. One could hardly expect me to do otherwise. After all, without my skins and meat I'd starve in a week. Especially after something like THAT.

Last edited by cursiveWrit on Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 10 Jan 2013, 4:30 pm

Procella

I was still a little woozy, my body trembling and the lightheadedness was still a bit too strong for my liking, but I pushed myself onto my feet and latched onto Kyle for a moment as I completely lost my sense of balance, falling very suddenly.

After a moment I realized it was probably very awkward and lifted my face off of his chest, and I could feel my cheeks reddening.

"Erm. Sorry."

I managed to stand on my own two feet, and after a few ozone-scented deep breaths, I felt I could walk. Slowly.

"Yeah. Get away. Sounds good. Lead the way."

My vision was back to normal and so was everything else, I thought, aside from how fatigued I felt and the general drained feeling. It was separate from being simply tired, it was more...psychological. Like I'd poured too much of myself out in that storm. Don't know how to describe it, but I felt a little slower to come to conclusions, my reflexes dulled and my mind duller.

"Really sorry for all that. Won't lose it again."

May

Okay, I got it! Make sure your seat belt's tight and make sure the cop doesn't notice there aren't any keys in the ignition, k? Stall for time, maybe a minute or two or so. Also, in a minute, make sure you grab whatever comes out of the cop car.

I was kind of worried about what I was about to do. Hope it wouldn't hurt Kyle.

I slammed on the brakes and stopped instantaneously, the cop car slamming straight into my as-the bumper. I felt a surge of energy echo through my entire being as the entire car was gripped with force for a minute, but not for long. Before the Fury could be pushed away, I gathered up my will and dove into the cop's car.

It felt different. Different controls. I couldn't feel Kyle's warm presence in the seat, but I could feel the cop's, and I quickly took control of the car and made sure the cop didn't die and stuff, which would really kind of fuck us over. I also made sure the trunk was locked up tight so the cop couldn't shoot poor Kyle.

As soon as the cop got out and chewed out Kyle for driving a little recklessly, I was going to high-tail in another direction, luring the cop away and keeping Ky from seeming guilty. I'd loop back around the Fury, eject myself into some object and then have Kyle pick me up. I'd take control of the Plymouth and, while the cop was catching up, we could get away and shit!

Except...I dunno. Everything was kinda fuzzy. I remembered Kyle, but he seemed kinda vague, like I"d need to see his face to truly remember it again. And there was something else. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Agent 9
User
Agent 9

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 11 Jan 2013, 10:38 am

Rebecca -Con't-

So the guy agrees to let me tag along with him, and I can't help but smile at that; for a fella who had probably been dragging himself over to Death's front porch a few minutes ago, he was in high spirits, now. It was weird but it was interesting, too. Of course by now I suspected that I wasn't dealing with any ol' run-of-the-mill John or Jerry, but...

Huh. Y'know, that reminded me that I had never even asked for his name. Never introduced myself, either.

Walking after him and keeping close behind, I called out to him "Name's Rebecca, by the way. Ev'ryone calls me Becky, though. I don't think I ever got your name."

Boy was he keepin' me busy, walking all brisk like that. He must've been really desperate to get home, then, the poor fella...probably had a family that was worried about him.

Actually, the more I thought about it and looked at him, the more that I felt that he was like me; a loner, wandering around with only himself to keep decent company. Self-sufficient. Wise in the ways of the world.

Today was turning out to be an interesting day. That sun, though...Good God almighty was it torture on me. My hat was only helping to shield my face. Annoyed, I could feel my skin tingle with a familiar sensation. Dammit, no, not now...time to calm down...

I managed to force the annoyance down, sending the tingly feelings going away with it.

Close call. The guy wasn't paying me any mind but I'd rather avoid and awkward situation.
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 3:19 pm

Kyle.

"Yeah," I said, "Let's fucking hope so. Unless we get caught up into some bad shit, in which case flip out all you want."

I wouldn't admit it then, but I was a bit freaked out. More than a bit. I still am right now as I write this. She was dangerous, but then again, dangerous beat traveling alone. As we walked along slowly, though, I made up the resolution I have in my mind now. Dump the bitch at the next town.

Yet something tells me that it's a terrible idea. I don't fucking know why. She seemed so... Vulnerable.

Would it be wise for mutants to stick together? Was it worth the risk of one or both of us getting killed?

And it seemed like she was fucking coming onto me. Holyshit, I couldn't just say no to that, especially when she might rip me and the surrounding ten fucking miles to shreds otherwise. Goddammit, I'll admit it- It was incredibly flattering. Because she was kinda cute. But dangerous. Beware the cuties, guys.

Fuck, and I wouldn't touch that shit with a ten-foot pole, because she might break every bone in her body. The whole thin as a skeleton thing? Not my bag.

Speaking of bags, I picked up my guitar case, and started walking with her. She seemed... Off kilter.

I shrugged.
"C'mon. We don't have time to fuck around."

A few omnious snaps in the woods seemed to punctuate. Fuck, I thought. We're fucked if they see us. Fucked.

"Fuck, c'mon!"

...Los Angeles

The officer issued a swear as his front bumper collides with the back one of the Fury, hitting his head on the dash, knocked out cold.

But as May's prescence entered the car, he came groggily awake. He gripped his wounded forehead and groaned, his other hand scrambling for his radio. He was going to need a bit of backup. Or an ambulance. Though it didn't feel that bad.

But that fucker had just STOPPED. Son of a bitch took the whole thing too literally. The cop had half a mind to arrest him for reckless driving and vehicular assault. Or a full mind. Mind was a bit low at the time...
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jan 2013, 11:14 pm

Cameron

Okay, I didn't know what the hell this car-May is going to do but I sure as don't like it. I just grabbed the buckle and buckled--- you know, I still don't trust this damn car. Just seems too damn strange, even for what's going on right now.

And of course May didn't give me any reason to start.

The car just slammed on the breaks and made the fucking cop just crash. I yelled like a maniac and looked around... fuck. That cop was knocked out cold May is going to get me arrested... Good news is that the Fury didn't take any damage.

Yeah, at the time I had no damn clue what to do. I just looked around and waited for May to do something. In a minute I'm going to dive out and run it.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 5:01 pm

Procella

I frowned. "I have to do EVERYTHING around here, don't I? Just keep me steady, k?"

I took a deep breath and-this was dangerous, I was tired and pushed to the limits. But I figured Kyle had the decency to not ditch me and probably not f*ck me when I passed out, if only because he wouldn't have the time to. What I was going to do was going to get us a little cover for a while but if/when I passed out, it was probably going to stop working.

Staying calm, if weary, I inhaled, then...exhaled.

I thought about the weariness in my arms and legs and the strange, twinge-y chest weariness you get after a hard workout, continuing with the deep breaths. I couldn't really control my abilities, but I could to an extent. I couldn't call down lightning on one person, but I could get worked up and make it easier for my abilities to start with the light show.

By the same token, I could make it easier for things to get foggy, and channeling the, forgive the pun, fogginess in my head, was all the emotional substance I needed to start fueling the beginnings of another storm.

Granted, nothing as violent or extreme. But within about a minute a thin fog had settled in the nearby area, and it got thicker.

I was getting seriously tired though, my vision poor even being able to see through the fog. I didn't think I could kill myself with my abilities, but I didn't want to find out. I was barely walking, legs dragging across the ground as I struggled to clutch onto Kyle for support.

"Can't keep this up much longer. Need to get out. North's...that way."

----

May

FUCK THE POLICE I thought to myself, deciding on a new course of action. Given that I'd almost killed this guy, I figured I might as well take advantage of his deliriousness. He probably hadn't had enough time to get my license plate's number (and he shouldn't be looking there, anyways!), which was good! That way they wouldn't catch me and Cameron on our super awesome friend-bonding road trip.

K. Sorry about this. I didn't actually say that, you know, cause that would've REALLY fucked with him, but I did back his car up at about seventy miles per hour before spinning it on a dime and driving him into a tree. I made sure it was placed so it hit the side of the car, and that he was buckled up, so I was like 50/50 sure the guy would live.

Anyways, no time to waste, right? Maybe we'd get lucky and he'd not remember any of this when he woke up. Either way the last thing on his mind would be arresting me and my new best friend, but that was only if we got away before he came to. So I focused my soul into the tire of his car and, with a little effort, made it detach from the car.

From there, I rolled straight on back to Cameron, tapped the back of the Fury and felt my soul ooze back into home sweet home.

Ugghhh. I remember feeling drained, kind of stretched out for a minute. I felt warm, I felt a heart beating in my chest, and I looked down and saw hands looking back up at me, perfectly manicured nails and a stage and that dress in my backse-

All of that was gone, a minute later, and I'm only starting to remember it now as I'm saying it. There was more, but I can't grasp at it. I fumbled with what came to me naturally only an hour ago, and got the Fury started up and rolling.

Cameron, you okay? I don't think he's dead but we should probably go away just in case.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Jan 2013, 9:55 pm

Cameron

Jesus, I think she gone off and killed that poor cop. If he was one of those anti-mutant assholes then I say good job, May. It ain't really important if he wasn't; I just want to get the hell out of here. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine."

This was--- something else. I flicked the ashes of my cigarette in the ash tray and you know what? I extinguished my cigarette. "Yeah, we can get a move on." I looked back at the cop car...

((Shitty post, I'm drained, heh))
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Jan 2013, 11:13 pm

Forever_aLonestar wrote:
Cameron

Jesus, I think she gone off and killed that poor cop. If he was one of those anti-mutant assholes then I say good job, May. It ain't really important if he wasn't; I just want to get the hell out of here. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine."

This was--- something else. I flicked the ashes of my cigarette in the ash tray and you know what? I extinguished my cigarette. "Yeah, we can get a move on." I looked back at the cop car...

((Shitty post, I'm drained, heh))

I almost squealed with excitement: our road trip was finally starting, ohmigosh ohmigosh! I had a friend! After all this time, there was somebody that was going to, like, just hang out with me for hours on end! This was great!

Okay! Just tell me where to go, buddy. No stops for gas or-well, I guess you do have to go the bathroom periodically. I've kinda forgotten about stuff like that. Annnnyyywaaaayyyssss, off we go.

I metaphorically burned rubber getting away from there, cause I would never mess up my own tires unless Cameron really needed to get somewhere fast and the only way I could do it was to actually burn the tires, cause I don't even think I can burn my tires, you know-but anyways I got away pretty fast from that car crash, because I didn't want Cameron getting blamed for what happened to the cop and everything. That'd be some shit, you know?

Anyways, I was giddy but tried to seem calm. I didn't want to scare my new bestest friend off. He might leave, which would be terrible. But, we were getting out of Los Angeles, it seemed, and heading towards...wherever it was he needed me to go, again. Canada? Did he say Canada? I was embarassed to ask.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2013, 1:20 pm

Cameron, LA

Hahaha, you know? Now that I'm getting the hell away from that I'm feeling a lot better. May is a car, yeah, but she really saved my ass back there. Good. With her help I can get away from all of this. Though, I really think that it'd be a great idea to stick with her-- you know after I get out of the country. You never know what these people will do next, for all I know they could just ban mutants world-wide and without someone like her helping me I'd be fucked.

I still needed to get out of here. With, the police on our tail I don't think we should just rush out, no. We should find a place to sit down for a moment, at least I do. "Could we find a place quiet?"

((This post took longer than it should have >_>))
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Jan 2013, 7:46 pm

I'd expected the walk to be somewhat quiet, but that was foolish, and honestly I would have enjoyed that far less. At least this way I got to learn a little about her. She said her name was rebecca, and asked for mine. I'm rather ashamed to say I couldn't remember it right away, and was forced to respond "Umm, I'm not sure. Give me a moment to think, I'm sure I'll remember."

I know for a FACT she looked at me like I was crazy at this point, but there's not much I can do about that. During the period of awkward silence that followed, we successfully passed under the trees and into my area of expertise. Immediately recognizing where we were, I angled away from the road we had been near just recently, heading farther to the right. Eventually it came to me, and I spoke up. "It's Aaron. What were you doing out here, anyway? Not many head this way, there's nowhere to get to. Which is kind of why I like it."
Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 18 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

Kyle.

It was a good thing that Porcella grabbed onto my flannel shirt rather than my skin, or else she might have gotten a good shock out of it. The humidity was making my... I hate to use such a fucking generic-ass term, but my fucking powers were acting up. My hair was on end, and a few little sparks began forming at my fingertips.

This gave me a bit of an idea. God, she looked fucking TERRIBLE. I hoped she wouldn't mind a small invasion of personal space, not that she seemed to fucking care about mine. I put my hand on her head, and a small buzz went through, sorta like when you get stung by static after putting on a shitty sweater.

"Hey, c'mon, this clingy shit is slowing us up," I muttered through gritted teeth. At least she'd gotten the first wave of searchers away. The footsteps had subsided a bit somewhere else, the cracks of sticks and the rustle of leaves going in another direction, a couple of soft swears (fuck that shit) echoing around the grove as the investigating townspeople retreated to their homes in the face of the fog. Good. Still needed to get out of here ASAP, though.

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to carry her. I wasn't sure why I was even fucking thinking of trying to carry her. Her head had felt... Cold. Hell, her whole body felt a bit numb, and she smelled of rain. I hoped that little buzz was enough to wake her up a bit...
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 7:41 pm

Procella

A jolt ran through me and I-well, I didn't feel awake, but I didn't feel quite so dead. While the pain was still there, a bit of clarity rushed into me, and I managed to will myself onto my own feet, standing still for a moment, before I took off after Kyle (moving at a bit slower pace: lifting my feet too far off the ground was a struggle), fear and panic rapidly beginning to dispel the lethargy.

"Oh, shit! What if these guys catch us, I-" I didn't want to say "I'll have it worse", but I think we both knew it was true. I don't want to write down the kind of horrors that came to mind. But they were pretty bad.

My legs suddenly were moving a bit better. Funny how a few thousand years of evolution can let you haul ass when you need to.

Of course, I wasn't matching Kyle's pace, as he wasn't weighed down by fatigue (and had damned longer legs), but I had spent a good amount of time walking, and a fair amount of time sprinting from trainyard dogs or people who found a nosy squatter on their property.

Unfortunately, I realized as adrenaline made time slow down and a zillion thoughts a minute coursed through my brain (as a fine mist began to descend from the skies, soaking us in my liquid fear: hopefully it'd throw off any dogs at least), I'd spent that time not getting complete meals or a well-rounded nutrition. Between the intense storm and this, I had maybe another minute or two of this before I was out cold again, and I don't think I'd be able to force myself back up as easily the second time.

I focused on not falling and busting my ass. If I did, things wouldn't end well.

May

He wanted someplace quiet? Okay. I guess.

I focused my willpower and (Cameron. Was that his name?) and made everything outside the cabin of the car blocked out. No sound was getting in or out, and the cabin was soon filled with nothing but the sound of his cigarette burning away.

Was that what he meant? I watched his cigarette for a minute and it reminded me of something. A really vague memory, more of the feel of it than anything else, of nicotine, a kind of sweet serenity, beyond that, beyond nicotine, but I remembered nicotine being in there somewhere, back when I had lips and a mouth and a face. I thought about the syringes in the back, the smoke drifting from the end of it.

The car almost went off the road. I was coming to, now, and I realized how out of it I was. Not good! Not good! I could've killed Cameron. Who was my friend. I think. I was sort of fuzzy in the mental department about him. Only thing I had a clear memory of was Elton John singing to me a few hours back. Maybe.

Hours or days? Years? What time was it?

Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 22 Jan 2013, 8:53 pm

Cameron

Yeah. I can't tell if May is screwing with me.

Instead of going somewhere else (like I wanted) she just closed the windows and it got really quiet. It would have been real nice- except that I mean't I want to be somewhere else... and that we can't hear anything outside of the car. That worries me more than anything because that cop could have an entire squadron on our ass by now.

"Not what I mean't, May. I want to lay low." I had hoped it would clear things up with May.

I just want to hide somewhere before the police come out in force, the best place would be [Cameron erased this part].

And letting cigarette smoke sit in here like this is bad for your health.

Back to top Go down
The Illusive Badger
User
The Illusive Badger

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 23 Jan 2013, 8:05 pm

Kyle.

I looked to my side and she wasn't there. Shit, what was I gonna do, shit, shit, shit, she wasn't keeping up. I stopped, turned around and started to go at her pace. It didn't seem like she was going to last that long.

Fuck, I thought, just more weight. What was I gonna do? What were WE gonna do?

I decided on something. I put my free hand on her shoulder.

"You look like dried dog shit. Let's rest a bit."

With that I set down the guitar case, and sat down on the top of it. It was a good case, so I was pretty sure it would survive me splatting my ass on it every once in a while. "You just... Sit. Wherever. Fuck it, I dunno." She did look pretty awful, a bit hungry too, but I didn't really have anything on me as far as food went. That was what the cash was for... And we were pretty far from town.

Okay, rest a bit until she was okay, and than get our asses going.

"Soooooo..."

I just hoped she wasn't fucking boring in conversation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musings- The IC   Musings- The IC - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Musings- The IC
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next