WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Subspace Emissary

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

The Subspace Emissary Empty
PostSubject: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2012, 7:48 pm

The crowd roared as the two trophies were launched into the arena. They formed the likenesses of two famous Nintendo characters. They sailed through the air, as Princess Peach and Princess Zelda watched from the royal box.

The first trophy touched down on its base, and glowed. A brilliant burst of light shone from the trophy, and it came to life.

An Italian man rose from where the trophy had stood, straightening his hat. He was short, kind of tubby, and dressed in red and blue.

Everybody knew who he was. That signature "M" on his cap gave everything away. Mario, the long-time hero of the Mushroom Kingdom. He turned to the royal box and winked at Princess Peach.

The second trophy shone with a light of equal brilliance, and there emerged a small, pink, round creature with large eyes, and a larger appetite. He posed for the audience. Kirby!

A monitor floated down from the sky: but this was no ordinary monitor. She was specially designed by Professor Elvin Gadd himself to run the theme park known as Nintendo Land. She wore a white cap with a pink stripe, and a red bow tie. One metal arm snaked from under her blue-green monitor face, ending in a hand that began the countdown before the match began.

This monitor, Monita, held out her hand. Her blank white eyes glanced at Kirby and Mario, to make sure that the two fighters were ready. Mario and Kirby nodded.

Monita put down one finger, then the next, and finally, the last.

Right as she ascended up out of the range of attack, Mario and Kirby were at each other.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the last blow from Mario, Kirby reverted to a trophy and clattered against the arena floor. Mario strode up to the trophy, took a bow, then placed his hand on Kirby's base. A bright flash; Kirby was revived. The two illustrious characters shook hands in a show of sportsmanship.

Monita returned to the arena, waving the two characters toward a platform that would extend toward the arena to allow them to leave.

However, things had begun to go wrong.

Mario, Kirby, and Monita turned around when they felt the stadium rumble.

Dark, blood-red clouds were gathering in the distance, smothering the blue sky in an eerie sanguine light. The hull of an enormous airship blasted through the red smoke. It bore a face that was familiar to Kirby.

His suspicions were confirmed when three pairs of bat wings propelled the ship over the stadium. Only one Star Warrior had such a grand battleship. Kirby wondered what Meta Knight could be doing here...

The ship's bomb bays opened, and shadowy purple blobs began to rain down upon the arena where Kirby, Mario, and Monita were standing. They tensed, watching the blobs fall to the floor and form into humanoid shapes. As the blobs fell off of the shapes, distinguishable features made themselves visible: red eyes, a green hat and suit, yellow gloves, and a gray, clammy, featureless face.

These mindless soldiers were called Primids.

Peach and Zelda gasped, and immediately jumped down from the royal box. Zelda sped ahead, teleporting into the arena, while Peach daintily floated down with her parasol.

Several members of the audience also stood up, willing to defend each other from these monsters. They also jumped straight into the arena as the bridges retracted to keep the Primids out of the audience.

Thus began the epic tale of a war that would ravage this world of trophies...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly this is based off of Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Adventure mode, and clearly there will be some tweaks. You play as a video game character through the Subspace Emissary, which will have the same story as its real counterpart, so it'll be familiar.

RULES:
-Forum roleplay basics (no godmodding, metagaming, blah blah blah.)
-Unless your character is omnipresent and omnipotent, don't be more than one place at one time.
-Try to keep track of story arcs. We don't want Mario all of a sudden appearing in the Ruined Zoo from the Lakefront.
-If your character is overpowered, tone it down.
-I take suggestions for areas, bosses, enemies, etc.
-Characters in the Brawl canon are NPC, so anybody can control them.
-Try and keep it PG. I know it's hard with Zero Suit Samus, but please, try to restrain yourselves.
-If you can, please try for at least three or more sentences per post. I kind of want to avoid one-liners.
-Ask about characters from games such as Epic Mickey or Kingdom Hearts (not including Sora, Riku, Organization XIII, etc.)
-Characters from Wreck-it Ralph are okay. (After all, Ralph himself appeared in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, didn't he?)
-Have fun! Don't make the whole thing glum and blah.

Character Sheet

User: (Your username)
Name: (Name of character)
Origin: (Where did your character come from?)
Pic: (So we know what your character looks like.)
Bio: (Copy from a wiki or something)
Moves: (Moveset, must include a special move, recovery move, down-special move, and side-special move)

If there's anything I should add, subtract, multiply, or divide, just ask.

Last edited by EropsToad on Wed 02 Jan 2013, 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2012, 7:54 pm

Characters So Far:
The Subspace Emissary Complete-super-smash-bros-brawl-character-roster-big
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeTue 01 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

... why is that image half English half Japanese...

hmmm...

I think I know who I want to go with. FFTA2 characters are okay, right? 'Cause The Cat would be pretty fun. Seriously, Adelle is just so fucking awesome.

... and it works pretty well with her character, given she'd nigh on immortal already. Won't even die of old age. So the idea of her turning into a statuette makes sense with the tactics A2 canon.

... Not sure if she would get to be a Herritor, though, or if I leave her in her usual late game class of "Ninja".
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 12:03 am

As long as it's a video game (that's not a piece of crap based on a movie), it's fine.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 12:09 am

I do believe Final Fantasy is a video game, yes. :P
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeWed 02 Jan 2013, 12:42 pm

Indeed it is.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 6:34 pm

User: GandWuser
Name: J-Block
Origin: Tetris
Pic: Here he is lying down.
Bio: The J-Block is a block from Tetris. He kind of looks like the letter L, hence his name. Occasionally he will fall down from the sky. Though I am using "he", it is really an "it". But don't tell him that, he won't like it.
Moves: Flipping is his main attack, and most of his attacks are literally just different flips. He can also fall. Not sure on recovery though.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 6:53 pm

moon I can't tell if you're being a sarcastic ass or not.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 7:04 pm

cursiveWrit wrote:
moon I can't tell if you're being a sarcastic ass or not.

...Me neither.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 7:37 pm

well, minion number 2, I think we're forced to assume it was not a sincere statement until Moon becomes horribly offended and we're all in just absolutely HUGE trouble.
Back to top Go down
MoonlightDreams
User
MoonlightDreams

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 7:39 pm

OK, I admit. It was a joke.

But at the same time, I actually want to use him.

Really.
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 7:51 pm

If you really, truly want to use him, and you need some help figuring him out, I could always bring aid.

(Almost called him an "it" there...)
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm

Okay, but I'm gonna see if I can find evidence of a death note videogame and argue Minion #2 into letting me use melo so i can make sex scenes happen.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 9:40 pm

MoonlightDreams wrote:
User: GandWuser
Name: J-Block
Origin: Tetris
Pic: Here he is lying down.
Bio: The J-Block is a block from Tetris. He kind of looks like the letter L, hence his name. Occasionally he will fall down from the sky. Though I am using "he", it is really an "it". But don't tell him that, he won't like it.
Moves: Flipping is his main attack, and most of his attacks are literally just different flips. He can also fall. Not sure on recovery though.

Lulz
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 9:49 pm

cursiveWrit wrote:
Okay, but I'm gonna see if I can find evidence of a death note videogame and argue Minion #2 into letting me use melo so i can make sex scenes happen.

That's not even trying to keep it PG.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeThu 03 Jan 2013, 11:04 pm

I know. It was a joke. "So I can make the sex scenes happen" c'mon man! clearly comedic! Ji isn't even IN this RP!
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeFri 04 Jan 2013, 12:53 am

It's kind of hard to tell because nobody can articulate their voice when typing text...
Back to top Go down
EropsToad
Common Poster
EropsToad

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitimeSat 05 Jan 2013, 6:56 pm

I really, truly wonder what would happen if somebody decided to play as Conker...

OH GOD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Subspace Emissary   The Subspace Emissary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Subspace Emissary
Page 1 of 1