WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) Empty
PostSubject: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 2:56 pm

"Go."

A behemoth of a man stood in the doorway, Desert Eagle waiting hungrily in his hand.

"B-"

"You heard me. Go. Now."

A much younger girl stood behind him, no older than sixteen at best. They were both breathing hard, with ragged clothes: the man, a full suit, the girl, some kind of...medieval looking gown. A small tiara sparkled from the lightbulb above. Clutched tightly in her hands was a puppy, who innocently looked around, unaware of the danger.

"I SAID F*CKING GO!" he roared, backing up a step.

Trembling, the girl turned and ran. They were at the edge of a building, and she threw open the door and burst out into the night, stars twinkling above, dark forest looming ahead. Her destination in sight, she pushed her legs as hard as she could, the puppy whimpering in her arms.

The man risked a quick glance to make sure she was okay, then took one more step back.

Three figures slowly approached him. THey were freakish. Vaguely humanoid, but no skin or muscle or bone, merely some kind of physical shadow, flickering and fluctuating, but constant darkness. The only light they had were silver, glowing eyes, sunken back into their skulls.

"Let's get this over with," the man said quietly, his voice hoarse. He fired off the pistol, a deafening bang echoing through the hallway.

The shadow merely caught the bullet. Another round, and another, and another. All caught or dodged.

He fired and fired until that godawful CLICK sounded, his gun locked back. He threw the worthless pistol the side, spare magazines long since expended, and whipped out a kni-

Well, he attempted to do so. Before he could react, one of the three lunged, dark hands contorting into six inch razors, tearing into his chest as it pounced him to the ground. The other two lifted his mutilated, bloody corpse and threw it a good fifteen feet against the door, shattering most of his bones on impact.

His corpse slid to the ground, the walls around soaked in his blood.

---

The girl kept running, and running and running. Her legs were howling with pain, and her arms nicked from thorns and low branches, but she tried to push it out of her mind. They were coming for her, they were coming for her, don't slow down, don't slow down-

The puppy whined, very quietly, and suddenly the dark woods around her were gone.

---

The trio of shadows emerged from the buildings, heads tilted as if to sniff the night air. Suddenly, one dissipated: the shadows all detaching and dissolving into the night. The other two seemed unperturbed, but the air around them began to curl, and they rippled into the night.

---

I would give a more detailed setting for where this RP takes place, but there is no way to do so. See, our characters will be coming from a vast stretch of time: be three thousand years from now, or three thousand years before now. It doesn't matter.

What does matter is that things around you started to become very strange: nightmares plaguing you. Then, you slipped into a coma. When you awoke, the nightmares started clawing at you again. The witch doctor or the physician perhaps prescribed the disfavor of the gods/stress as the cause.

Things...things around you seemed different. You'd step on a puddle of water and simply walk across instead of splashing. Perhaps a friendly hug broke someone's ribcage.

You were unsure of what was going on. Correction: You are unsure of what's going on. Until finally someone showed up at your door: someone very strange. But they told you that you were in grave danger, and that they had answers.

Like an idiot, you believed them. Shortly after, you came into grave danger: the answers, not so much. As the Nightwalkers closed in, you suddenly found yourself...gone. Out. The ground underneath your feet was missing and the sky above you was gone.

Things are very strange.

---

I don't want to give away a lot of the backstory of the RP: it will be revealed within the first few pages, or at least enough for the RP to be RP'able, so if you're dissatisfied with the plot so far it will pick up.

Now, if you're wondering a bit more, this RP's going to have a bit of emphasis on dreams. If you've ever had a dream before, you know that they are nothing like reality: except for the one where you go to school naked. That one's spot on.

As a result of dreams, some of the reality in this RP can be warped. Magic, science fiction, perhaps simply being superhuman, you'll probably run across at one point or another.

---

TEMPLATE
Name:
Sex:
Setting: (Your Birthplace. Whether it's modern-day New York, or some futuristic setting or whatever. If it's a place that no one's familiar with, or somewhere you invented, go into detail about what it's like and what technology is available. It doesn't have to be a real location, i.e. one on Earth.)
Bio: (A brief history of your life. I hate these, so it's fine if you don't elaborate on this.)
Personality: (Your morals. Your preferences, dislikes, thoughts on whatever.)
Description: (Your appearance)
Other:
(Any experience with weapons should go here. Also, any random talents. KEEP IN MIND YOUR CHARACTER WILL NOT NECESSARILY NEED A WEAPON TO EXCEL. You may find a cunning character that doesn't have any combat experience equally useful.)

I was intending to put this on the Sporum, but if there's enough attention I may put it here. Any suggestions or ideas? The basic concept is that Morpheus, the god of dreams, is having some conflicts. He's somewhat god, but mostly this being that has a massive aura of energy around him, the energy that manifests itself in dreams. The problem is that it started becoming corrupt: hence nightmares. It spawned succubi, incubi, and they started to siphon off some of the power and utilize it to manifest evil in the real world. We would be kind of his hitmen to try and stop them, and being able to use the dream power to warp reality (the more unrealistic the task, the more energy it would consume. Limited amounts, so no jumping skyscrapers every post.)

Last edited by Shade on Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

Is the three thousand years a hard and fast number? I was thinking of possibly making a character who was an Egyptian pharaoh, who fell asleep during an illness and now believes himself dead.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:10 pm

It was just an example. It could be four thousand years or six thousand or whatever.

Sorry for the confusion.
Back to top Go down
unit111
User
unit111

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:22 pm

Looks interesting Shade.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 4:40 pm

I'm just going to say that a medieval dress that I assume you're imagining would be called a gown.

But yes, very cool story.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2011, 6:51 pm

We can't all be fashionable, Patches. Thanks, I'll change it.

Thanks to both of you, I'll put up my character's template in a moment.
Back to top Go down
RedBalloon
Refugee
RedBalloon

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitimeTue 18 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Quite interesting...
*Strokes beard, even though I don't have a beard and I'm female and I'm not old enough to even grow enough hair to have a beard even if I were male.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)   The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wandering Six (Very Rough OP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: