WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

DRM and how it relates to a buisiness

Go down 
+3
Snowy
Sadie
Surprise
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 10 May 2013, 3:18 pm

Yeah, it's cause it's really hard to run DRM on DLC- anything more complex than 'you have to download it from us' is hard to get by consumers. I've heard of people running pirated DLC on a legit game.
Back to top Go down
Sadie
Frequent Poster
Sadie

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013, 8:28 pm

Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/jokie155
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2013, 11:22 pm

You know the pre-owned fee? You know what he didn't mention?

You have to pay the fee, yourself, to get your own game back, because the fee transfers "ownership".
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 1:13 am

games can no longer be loaned.

I am not buying an X-box 1.

FUCK that.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 2:04 pm

Well I might be wrong and it might be "better" in a way no one mentioned. If them toggling it for them doesn't kick you off of it, while you can't loan it out, you can let your friends essentially buy it for a discount. Which is conductive to multiplayer games with your friends I suppose.

I'm just trying to invent reasons why this horror could possibly be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 5:12 pm

I think if you buy it second hand it probably removes it from the previous persons library, and I have seen no evidence that the games will be cheaper 'second-hand' than they were when first purchased.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2013, 5:34 pm

It is doubtful they would charge more than the cut of a game sale they get normally, or no one would use used games anyway, which is not what they want. They just want their cut.

Which is why I mentioned just passing the disc around.

Honestly this may be more or less the way of the future. Taking a step back from the rampant idiocy, this is a system where you pay the distributor like once, and then the publisher gets most of the money, if you just passed the disc to your friends and what not.

This is all based on the assumption it doesn't take it out of your library of course. Because the wording on their statement isn't clear either way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRM and how it relates to a buisiness   DRM and how it relates to a buisiness - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DRM and how it relates to a buisiness
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: