WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Kerbal Space Program.

Go down 
+2
Szemetlada
Diamondback
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

Kerbal Space Program. Empty
PostSubject: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 8:05 pm

For those of you who haven't yet heard of this beauty of a game, Kerbal Space Program is an extremely realistic spaceflight and rocket design simulator featuring the adorable little creatures named Kerbals. There are actual proper calculations to be made, and doing something wrong in design could end.. unpleasantly.

There is only a sandbox mode and a few scenario modes at the moment, with no clear-cut campaigns. The four tutorials describe, in order,
>Designing a craft
>Achieving flight
>Basic orbiting techniques
>Making it to the game's moon analogue.

Of course, they don't really help much. A lot of what you'll be doing is trial and error, unless you feel the need to actually calculate what you're doing. That, of course, is unorky.

Anyone else play this?
Stories?
Design tips?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 10:01 pm

No, but this sounds sweet! :D Where do you get it?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 10:03 pm

Steam.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 10:08 pm

I've seen it and been interested, but I'm trying to work through some of my other games before I pay for new ones. I've heard good things, though.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2013, 11:20 pm

There is a demo available on the official site, Mata.

A tad bit of flight advice: Keep SAS activated until you reach around 10 Kilometers. Then, angle your rocket hard to the east/west, at or near the dividing line for ascension and descent. This puts you in a decently steady orbit.
Back to top Go down
Mr Allen J
User
Mr Allen J

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 11:23 am

Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 1:45 pm

I don't know what was funnier, the horrified faces of his crew as he failed to land, or his final mistake at the end.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeThu 30 May 2013, 5:04 pm

Attempted to go in for a mun landing.

Ran out of fuel.

Got a mun crash instead.
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitimeFri 31 May 2013, 2:58 am

I recently got the demo version. My current goal is to fly to the Sun (I presume it is still called the Sun. I could be wrong). It's harder than you would think. First you have to have enough fuel to get out of Kerbin's (Earth-analog) atmosphere. Then you have to have enough fuel to escape Kerbin's gravity. Then you have to have enough fuel to decelerate enough so that you fall into the Sun. I've found that it needs, with one liquid fuel thruster, about 5 minutes worth of full throttle after reaching outer space. I have not yet designed a rocket capable of that.

My tip: For more precise manoeuvres use the Add Manoeuvre feature. Click on a point on your orbit, press the button and it brings up 6 dragable buttons. Each correlates to a direction for which you can apply thrust in 3-dimensional space. Play around with those until the predicted orbit is close to that which you want. It will then indicate on the navigation ball when to apply throttle, for how long and in exactly which direction in a rather user-friendly manner. Takes the trial and error out of flight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kerbal Space Program.   Kerbal Space Program. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kerbal Space Program.
Page 1 of 1