WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template

Go down 
+3
Snowy
Admiral Ji
Shade
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  Empty
PostSubject: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 4:00 pm

If you recall my RP Misere, it involves the RP'ers all having a Card which is being sought after by a mysterious, seemingly omnipotent organization. This one kid thinks he can take on said organization, and I gradually lose my patience with him. Enjoy.

The bolded parts are either something I want to draw attention to or my commentary. It's probably confusing to read, but you can distinguish who wrote what by the fact I use proper grammar and spelling and he ends every sentence with a smiley face and some crazy-ass request for his character.

This really should be in the Ranting Zone.

The RPer:

Quote :
TEMPLATES
Name: Mr. Spades... It's not like they don't know where he is by now [Alias: John, James, Mr.Smith, 

Jimmy Jack, Jacob, Blackjack, Mr.S, and on and on]

Sex: Male
Description: He's about 5'7" and looks closer to 5'10" when 'done up', his weight being 120, and 180 

respectively.

He is a very bold and 'in your face' type with his clothing, wearing a perfectly fitted black suit normally, 

with pale skin and spikey Red Hair that matches his eyes. However, because of his more 'in your 

face' life-style, he wears a special suit/costume able to cover his entire body, a cliche take off of an 

internet meme horror creature known as Slender-man [Including non-functional Tentacles], though with 

a mask he can still see through.

The suit in question has shaped strips of metal sewn into the material and Ceramic plates on the 

inside of it, altogether making him look much 'thicker' than he really is and just a little bit taller, plus 

hiding his visible features with the pure white featureless mask only parted with a place for him to eat 

through, even it contains shaped armor to fit perfectly around his head... His hat also has lots of metal 

in it, as well as a magnetic ring around it's inside to keep it clung magically to his head.... Now of 

course, this generally wouldn't work for shit if someone planted a 50 Caliber through any part of him, 

thing is, what with a mysterious reality bending card pouring luck upon him, The 'disguised armor' 

actually functions more like 'lady luck's assistant', making it 'easier' for luck to protect him... 

essentially, it increases his 'chances' of surviving an assault... It can shrug off smaller caliber 

weapons, of course, These 'hunters' tend to deal in stuff that's meant to 'ensure' a deadly strike... 

Plus the appearance is Gimmickly scary and hilarious at the same time.

He also uses this for further 'chance defense' by rarely going into public areas without half a dozen 

look-alikes in identical out-fits around him, minimizing the chances that one clean shot would actually 

hit 'him' out of that group.... Plus, it portrays the image of his gang, so clichely named 'The Sanguine 

Spades'

As for those other details, he varies as much about himself as he can, speech patterns, Smells, 

Physical habits, all together meant to confuse those hunting him into wonder if they are actually 

aiming at the correct target.

[/Hider]

----

This part can be PM'ed to me.

Personality: Some of is actually explained above under description XD That happened a little inadvertantly, but to simplify things, he likes playing crazy... He's really quite sharp minded and sane, even with the idea of looking out for the others if he can help it without getting himself killed, but plays nutcase to make himself seem more harmless. It's also a bit of a test for people he meets, if they can think past his 'mad man exterior behavior' and see the Calculating mind behind it, he knows to be wary of them as well as trust them to be more capable as well.

He'll likely only betray someone if he discerns they intend to betray him first... of course, he percieves himself as very good at planning, he has 'many irons in the fire' as he likes to put it.

Bio: 
[Hider=Bio]
Prior to getting his card he was just another shmuck on the streets, nothin seeming special on the out-side, and nobody getting a glimpse 'inside', though he played his part on the streets and 'god shit done' when someone gave him a reason to. He had a love of games [others called addiction, but unlike cigarettes he was free to quit at his leisure], games which he carefully chose to sharpen mental skills despite the nay saying haters who said games can't teach you shit... he begs to differ... anyway, he fed this daily hobby by doing oddjobs at first, for the local gangs, without maintaining a specific affiliation and for the time being avoiding jobs that involved hostile actions... he liked being in a middle ground of mutual neutrality between the different groups.

That was until a 'new guy' came into town and very suddenly came to power in one of the gangs, renaming it the 'Sanguine Slaughter Gang'... which was stupid... but either way, he seemed to be nearly unchallenged in everything he did, nobody could win a fight with, outwit him, or even seem to deny him... It was interesting... curious... exciting... this attracted... well, nobody knows his name anymore, but it attracted 'him', the 'doer of jobs', and his interests piqued more than enough to give games a back-seat to take on a real life Strategic challenge instead, finding the secret behind this new leader... and find it he did... He wondered if the man was just so concieted he thought it would never matter, or if he didn't notice, but he heard some mad ramblings about a 'precious trinket' that it sounded like he believed was protecting him... not that he believed in anything 'magical' at the time, but it was intrigueing enough that he desired greatly to find out what it meant, but that would take time.

He was maybe 23 then, it took about 2 years for him to get higher enough in the growing gang, but eventually he came to be noticed by this 'leader', and got his chance to be 'initiated' into the inner circle of his most trusted leiutenants... though it was odd when the guy handed him a rumpled old card and said that the only test required was to return this card to him the next morning in the same condition it currently was, how suspicious, but something was different about this card... and he found out something later that night, certainly something the other stupid leiutenants wouldn't notice because their just too stupid, but it 'felt' strange, powerful in a way, then hell broke loose.

Some hunters seeing their chance for an easy snag of an Ace, burst into his house, figuring this guy was such a newbie he'd never be able to use the card's power to save himself... though the sound of thudding boots and clicking guns in all directions closing in on one's bed-room tends to inspire desperate actions... desperate like leaping out of his window just as the bed-room door was bashed off it's hinges, and pure luck seemed to make the glass scatter in just the right pattern not to shredd him up, followed by the 2 story fall happening to land him in a particularly deep chunk of mud that cushioned the fall enough to avoid breaking half his bones in the landing, and in another blast of fresh luck a drunk driver just happened to come barreling down the street in-time to slam into the van across the street loaded with gun-men about to jump out, not only slamming shut the back doors, but shoving the van ontop of one who'd jumped out of the passenger side to come around and get a shot at him....((To be fair, the Cards do grant their holders a bit of luck. But this was fucking ridiculous.))

Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, He booked like a bat outta hell before the rest even came back out of his house... They'd underestimated the Ace this time.... a few days later his house was raided and razed by gang members, secretly under his own command to retrieve personal belongings he intended to keep 'his', laptop, games, a few weapons and collectibles, fun stuff, but moving on.

That night he returned to the Gang's Headquarters, for the first time in his life angry enough to kill,((Two years in a gang without killing anyone, yeah, sure, that makes sense)) but just as excited that life had just made a U-turn from boring and mundane into 'holy shit, the government wants me dead this is like a video game' street...

The Leader awoke to find his own .44 pressed painfully tight against his fore-head, a mud-soaked Lacky straddling his chest with elbows pinned under his knees, the card in one hand and a furious yet madly excited grin on his face as he commanded "Explain this!" Motioning to the cards, at first thinking he was complied because the guy was just a pussy afraid to die, but after further questions discovered that the card forced him to obey in this rare case of being a former carrier ((If you give your Card to another, they are able to control you. However, you have to PERMANENTLY give it to them, i.e. give it up for life. After explaining to this kid at least three times that this particular situation would not work, because the leader turned it over for only a few hours, he still puts it in.)).... and through this method he learned everything the previous holder knew about the card and what it could do... of course, he would expect this one to get back at him, anyone cruel enough to trick people into being his literal slaved vassals like this one did wouldn't think twice about finding a way to get him back for shattering his dreams of ruling to streets... So he pulled the trigger and splattered him allover the bed...

Naturally those nearby came running, including several of the Leiutenants, who's compelation to protect and obey that leader died when his brains became one with his pillow ((Because that's how most gang members react to seeing someone gun down their leader. "Aw, shit, guys, let's just cut our losses. I mean, he's one guy with a revolver, what chance do we have? Hey, how come we didn't notice him come inside anyways?"))... Right away the new leader, still holding the card and a gun, informed them that they were free to move on if they wished, most of the handful who'd been forced into obedience did move on to try at normal lives, a few stayed though, more interest in living out the perks of their rank with the freedom granted by their former master's slayer.... He renamed himself Mr.Spades officially, and renammed the gang 'The Sanguine Spades' in out-right honor of the card that changed his life...

This was no longer 'plain life' this was a game to him, this was how he viewed everything actually, but now his life had become the ultimate game in his mind, and nearly every moment of every day is spent plotting and planning like a mad genius controlling 'the big hand in the sky that commands his troops'... He has no delusions of god hood or anything, he knows the objective of the game is survival, and he damn well intends to do exactly that, in the most spectacularly flashy way possible. ((Because it's so easy to avoid people while being spectacularly flashy at the same time.))

He's had the card for 2 years now, ((For clarification, he has chosen the Card which would bring the MOST attention to his character. Lasting two years is almost impossible.)) and after a few brutal encounters with hunters who came after him, and subsequent loss of a considerable ammount of his 'subordinates', he chose a more elaborate method of concealing himself while continuing to build a repetoir of under-world connections and control through carefully timed meetings and communications with various branches of the gang... however, he 'appears' in every way to have left the gang, removing the Hunter's reason to cause the gang any issues. ((because the elite organization that's infiltrated nearly every aspect of the government totally won't notice how the gang is mysteriously still aiding you. And because gangs tend to react so well to situations like these, I know for a fact the Bloods and the Crips are practically like lapdogs!))

The Extent of his public appearances have him, and about a half dozen personal body-guards, all dressed in the same costumed theme of Slenderman, walking about, playing songs here and there, dancing, entertaining people, but always together in public and never far from eachother... He communicates with the gangs using his entourage in switched up disguises and carefully planned out meetings between the handful he knows he can trust to trust him. ((They don't know he's got connections, and they all regularly go out wearing matching fucking costumes. Yeah. That makes sense. I wouldn't spot the connection there.))

Of course, they avoid places that involve metal detectors, heavy policing, and that such, they don't particularly act suspicious, ((THEY JUST WEAR FUCKING BODY ARMOR IN BROAD DAYLIGHT)) just like a group of performers being used as a cover, though he does secretly have some communication in place with the police through those gang connections ((I have already explained that the Hunters have a strong influence over the police departments of America. He apparently has more influence.)) not direct communication of course, but it's being street preached that 'Mr.Spades' is trying to bring peace between the gangs and stiffle the criminal activity and needless violence....

Mr.Spades has become ludicrously popular actually, by word of mouth on the street, performances of 'The slender Spades', or in any number of a slew of internect and media Campaigns to render himself as popular as possible. ((The fuck. Just. The fuck. YOURE ON THE RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE MAN WHY ARE YOU WORKING ON YOUR PR))

Weapon of Choice: Manpower, Wordpower, Strategy, Traps, and Guns. ((To translate: my character is actually the Messiah in terms of charisma and intelligence. His small group of disciples are willing to lay down their life for Him, and are also pacifists and help the poor))

To be more specific, his 'main weapon' in terms of daily duties, is manpower in the form of his body-guards or orchestrated gang activity, as well as the 'Wordpower' of an Ace Carrier, and of course all the collected strategic ability he's gathered up over the years [that is to say, 'my' strategic ability minus things that would qualify as meta gaming]

His private residences, he has several, in obscure parts of the city where normal people aren't likely to get involved in, and each one is booby-trapped quite thoroughly, enough so that even a successful attempt to force their way would likely be a costly endeavor. ((Because when I have assassins breathing down my back, I have time to rig numerous houses with elaborate traps capable of foiling hardened mercenaries. Oh, wait, I just have my lackeys do that for me.))

He and his entourage tend to share similar weaponry in some ways, that being in the form of a knife-like blade hidden in the sleeves that they can use to spring up a sudden assassination blade when needing close quarters brutality,
((He's also apparently one of those guys from Assassin's creed now, along with Slenderman. And Jesus.))
  Also shown are the standard 'primary weapon' for his entourage (1) and his own personal favored gun (2). Now, what they might have stored away in safe houses, is a different story. 

[Hider=Guns]
Not to be so easily overwhelmed, Mr.Spades' Entourage is equipped with CBJ-MS PDW Swedish Sub machine guns, containing a 30 round clip and an extra in the fore-ward grip, along with a couple of spares, all suitably concealed beneath the 'costumed suits' they wear. ((Find me a suit that can hold multiple submachine guns underneath it and I'll find you a nice, steaming pile of bullshit))

Mr.spades himself prefers the 'PP-19 Bizon' Submachine gun, a couple of inches longer, but he has a soft spot for guns with drum magazines... though his true favorite, The Calico, is too big to carry in public, the Bizon and one spare 64 round Clip are barely able to be hidden under his Suit. ((This fucker doesn't know what a Calico is, I'm willing to bet. It looks cool but who the fuck would use a .22LR pistol that's shaped like the bastard son of a water pistol and a shotgun in a fight? The fuck? THE FUCK?))

[/Hider]

Survival Strategy: Wild Card Budgie Smuggler ((Is suicide still a sin if you're not Catholic?))That is to say, his Survival strategy is 'Survival strategy', if that makes any sense XD his plans change frequently, and he takes many different measures to ensure his safety in the face of the Hunters who are after him, generally changing his plans often enough to keep himself un-predictable and avoid the Hunter's being able to set up a proper ambush without a huge waste and spreading out of man power.

To elaborate just abit more, that means some days he may be offense, other's defensive, he may employ sneaky tactics, or put himself right out in the open amongst a crowd of people, he may even make himself the vulnerable decoy to coax hunters out of stealth to shoot at him, and subsequently ambush them with his body-guards. Also, Traps, he has a 'small' repetoire of portal traps that can be set up on the spot, but for the most part dedicated locations are perpetually trap ladden.

Card: Ace of Spades

This is me replying to him. I was still trying to be polite at this point.

Me, Bitches wrote:
I think I've understated the amount of attention than an Ace of Spades would've gotten. 

Living two years as an Ace would be exceedingly, exceedingly difficult. The Hunters aren't one to split their numbers up equally: they sent a two-man team after the Three of Clubs. They'd have at least fifty men after an Ace, and that's being conservative. While it's possible he could've lived that long, it would be truly rare. Staying in one city and having numerous fortified safehouses would be very difficult, given that such endeavors take time, money, etc, and neither of those are plentiful when one is on the run. Staying in any one place for more than a day is dangerous. He would've been getting attempts on his life at least once a week, and they would've picked up in frequency and intensity if he stayed longer. While having connections with a gang is acceptable, I suppose, I'm doubtful they'd stay loyal for extended periods of time with their leader's appearances being so infrequent. If he could rise to the inner circle within two years, so could one of the Hunters, looking for information on the elusive Mr. Spades. While his charisma could've merited their agreeing to push for peace, most gang members aren't pacifists.

Given that the old gang leader gave it to Mr. Spades with the explicit instruction of returning it the next morning, he wasn't giving it up permanently, and thus Mr. Spades wouldn't have had any power over him. I'd prefer for his Card to be given to him after waking after a dream, but I forgot to mention that in the OP. Becoming extremely popular would probably be a very bad way to avoid the Hunters: they would gun down every person wearing one of the costumes, without hesitancy, and as such I don't expect his followers would be willing to put on the suit after they all wound up dead. Remember, the Hunters are capable of murdering someone in cold blood, in broad daylight, without having to worry about legal ramifications. His gang would've been the focus of the city's police department, his gaming laptop tracked down, etc.

It's an interesting premise, but I'm afraid you'll need to change some parts. He would've need to leave Sanguine City and sever all connections within a day or two if he'd wanted to live, and while he could possibly have a suit like that, I don't see it working very well given that conventional body armor would be more effective. The Hunters already know what he looks like, and even drastic face surgery will only delay them for a brief while.Li

The RP'er:

This annoying fucker wrote:

I'm much too tired right now to make changes, will do that in the morning XD But the part about gunning down anyone in that costume... Soooo, basically, the hunters don't 'actually' give a shit about being seen randomly murdering costumed people in public? which opens up another tactic I was already considering XD The 'hunters' becoming public enemies by being directed into gunning down civilian's in costumes because they 'might' be related to him, imagine what that would lead to >.> Just imagine the Hunter's being painted an open Terrorist organization operating on american soil under the governments endorsement XD Their badasses, but can they handle giving themselves a public image leading to having millions of enemies?

Hell, that's pretty much what they are if they'll just bust out gunfire in public with other people around XD really, I'd say the Hunter's Ruthlessness in this endeavor seems like it spells their own doom if they won't back off even to avoid that.

And really, part of a disguise or not, If a bunch of military lookin bitches are cordoning off the city and totally disrupting their business, not to mention shooting down anyone related to one of the card holders, Even a bunch of gang bangers would rather work 'with' the smart tactical guy to fuck up the shit of the gun toting rambo's trying to kill him and anyone around him.

Of course, then there's still the option of manipulating the gangs into fights... I have many alternatives In mind =3 I shall orchestrate changes in the morning XD

I kindof have this feeling you could dump a horde of Hunters on us at the beginning of the RP, since, if they can track us like they can, chances are they'll jump at the chance to, hell, BLOW UP, the building full of Card carriers XD If their not willing to explode a house full of them in the middle of the night, or hell, a couple RPGs from a distance, then why the hell would they be willing to gun down random people in costumes on the street in broad daylight?

but yeah, changes in the morning, but expect me to work on orchestrating turning the entire bloody city against the Hunters =P cause, ya know, that's what I'd work on if this were happening IRL XD

I never said he'd turn the gangs pacifist =P But orchestrating a balance of power between them to stop gang wars and lower the crime rate, yeah, that could be pulled off =P Especially if it frees them up to be directed against the hunters.... and really, a 'hunter', aka, military/covert ops type, ranking up through a bunch of gang bangers? I mean, they could try, but some gang bangers kindof have a smell or a sixth sense for infiltrators who don't belong in the gang, I mean, dude would have to be freaking perfect mirror of the rest of them to pull off passing himself off as a gang banger, Seriously, their more bloody exclusive and cautious of infiltration than our own government is at times DX and I'm not actually exaggerating, the threat of Gangs is seriously underestimated just because they tend to be 'a buncha 'Thugs' wit guns and drugs' half the time, 'organize' them and then shit gets real.

also, like, magically given to him after a dream?

And he didn't actually use power over him, it was 'suggested' as if it were true, but really the guy was just a big pussy who didn't wanna die.

I never said the laptop was online of course =3

And really, the police department swarming the downtown districts to hunt down a particular gang, is like a group of hunters getting mixed in some kindof territory war between packs of animals, they can probably gun em down left and right, but ultimately their on the wrong turf and likely to lose vast amounts of man power and subsequently get looted for additional fire-power XD

I suppose you could say, this isn't the first time I've imagined the scenario of going up against the government XD

And as with any government, or government sponsored group, the more brazen and ruthless they are, the less public support they'll have and ultimately the sooner and greater overwhelming repercussions will crash down upon them XD

You also make that sound like you underestimate the power of popularity XD I mean... fuck, people would kill if their favorite Celebrity told them to >.> Fanimals are freaking insane

Aaaand lastly =3 There is 'ALWAYS' another way =3 you have but to find that way, and being the type of guy I am, I'm more than happy to debate the methods of getting around the ruthless bloody thirsty aggressions by the Hunters, long as you're find with it to XD Afterall, you said this was an RP perfectly open to crazy brutal actions taking place, so, really, Expect someone with a mind for it to go for the broad scale and unleash some serious chaos XD

I shit you not, Left to my own devices of free choice, even hunted like he is, I will turn Sanguine City into Friggin Saint's Row XD 1 or 2, the ones that still contained plenty of 'non wacky ridiculous bullshit' XD I will orchestrate a bloody War, and even if I lose in the end, I could still win because the erasure of an entire cities worth of populace, would most certainly sit very poorly with anyone who's not a completely fucking insane shithead xD

On a side note, Should this be considered to be 'modern day' as in 'our modern day' kinda stuff? Like, with Terrorism on the mind, Anonymous digitally fucking the government, and so on and so forth?

Me. I'm getting a little pissed at this point. wrote:
Modern day, but not necessary relevant. Similar issues but we won't be tackling current issues ("The Hunters are really just upset about the war in Iraq and the NSA!").

As for the gunning them down in public, they'd do that to tie up loose ends if going out in costume was a regular occurence. It has to be one of them-otherwise, they take out that many of his followers. They normally don't employ such brazen tactics, granted (such as quietly killing someone in the middle of the woods, disposing of the evidence, and leaving only an explosion and a dead ranger as clues.). They're more the type to break into your house and kill you in your sleep, or slip poison into your food. They'd resort to more direct tactics if things escalated.

And while public image is important, it isn't to them. They have near unlimited resources (they aren't worried about inflation, and a likely explanation for their resources would be a device capable of minting money) and considerable manpower. Beyond that, their network of informants is unparalleled and their logistics are probably their most impressive aspect. They can rearrange Hunters, resources, etc, at an alarming rate, and focus wiretapping/similar efforts against their quarry. Hiding is a matter of time rather than a permanent state. Ditching cover after cover and hiding alias after alias will buy one some time, but eventually, they come knocking. Nothing is untraceable, which works both ways.

I'm not that much of a dick to have them blow up Vesper's safehouse. They do want the Cards, so they try to avoid arson unless it's more of a "forcing their hand" (no pun intended) tactic. I.e. ,you're in a hotel, they light it on fire, you come running out because there's nowhere else to go. 

The problem is that, with a Card of his magnitude, he could not have feasibly evaded the Hunters while staying in once city. Maintaining contacts with the gang would have been next to impossible, as phone/email/etc would have been monitored. If he was a 2, maybe he could've danced around the city, nearby states, and maintained a semi-regular contact. Maybe he's a figure that's respected by the gang, but being its active leader would be next to impossible. 

If they're savvy enough to smell a Hunter in their midst, they're probably just savvy enough to pick up on the fact their boss hasn't shown up outside of emails and phone calls in two years, and, hey hey, time for a coup that no one's really going to object to. 

Magically after a dream, yes. 

They aren't necessarily in full-out military gear. The Hunters are as adaptable as their prey. They have no qualms about impersonating cops, being average citizens with holdout guns tucked away, etc. You don't need Kevlar to pose as the repairman and get access into an apartment building. So on and so forth. The roadblocks are porous: people are still being allowed in and out, but each flight is checked thoroughly and each car searched. 

Those who are angry at the Hunters' occasional collateral damage (again, they're an elite group: they don't murder everyone on a street to take out one guy, but if a bunch of people are wearing an identical costume, and they know one of them is a Cardkeeper, might as well take out his cronies and him in one fell swoop. Bodies taken to the morgue, a Card goes missing in the investigation, it's chalked up to a gang war) have no one to direct it to. The park rangers that knew Phil are angry at his killer, but it somehow becomes a cold case amidst the paperwork and bureaucracy of the state police. Probable suspects are lined up to take the fall: and when they aren't, they're simply left as phenomena not worth caring about. They're PR experts in the sense they don't have a reputation. Perhaps a few basement-dwelling conspiracy theorists have noticed a pattern (or lack thereof), but they aren't noticed by the public as a whole. Easily dismissed even when shreds of evidence do show up. No one listens to rumors of the men in black until the aliens start destroying cities.

I'm not trying to rude here, and I appreciate your creativity, but maintaining a tight lead over the gang isn't feasible if he's on the run. Something has to give. Maybe he's a figure they respect, I can buy that. He calls in a favor from some old friends while he's in town, I can understand that. But having them following him dogmatically isn't feasible, even with all the charismatic charm in the world, especially given the nature of gangs and his absence for two years (which would be tough for an Ace to last)

I felt my blood vessels inside my head start to burst at this point.

The RP'er. wrote:
Well, you said we can't 'leave' the city, or, could, but it wouldn't be as fun or something like that, but you never said we couldn't garner assistance 'from' those outside of the city =P what seems irrelevant to you may actually be useful to 'me' =3

Well there ya go, if they don't normally employ those tactics, then it would be a suitable method of dettering 'some' forms of public assassination because that one shot could very well not be enough and just look like some mad man assassinated a street performer XD which, ya know, means public opinion would steadily become closer to violently hateful against them.

Anyway, 'that' is one of their weaknesses, afterall, if the population turns against them entirely, then they'll either end up starting a bloody revolution, or the population will force the government to denounce and alienate them to avoid a revolution... aka, the cost becomes greater than the results and their forced to cut their losses, 'then' hunters start turning up dead in their cells =P

Really the whole situation has so many countless directions it could go, there's really no 'perfect impossibility' for one outcome XD

And yeah they have vast ammounts of resources and fire power, but ya know what? There's plenty of ways to counter over-whelming force and resources =3 And really you're over-estimating the power of those resources I think, I mean, cartels and gangs find ways around The best surveilance methods the entire fucking country can use against them, seriously, If a bunch of sneaky fucks in mexico, or Thuglifers on the street can avoid it, I think a handful of guys with enhanced abilities and magic cards can too XD Unless you mean to say, the Hunters are superior in all of these areas to the FBI, US Army, and so on and so forth =P And with an active hacker really a LOT os tracing methods becomes completely useless and the rest just require his thorough attention XD

Of course, you've already implied that these methods of tracking are pointless in the first place since they can track the cards somehow, so that's a moot point, unless they can't really track the cards specifically so much, in which case, woo, more options =P

Again, the communication thing could be fixed with just having a good hacker on his side, and there's plenty of options I already have in mind to solve 'that' issue =3 of course, If the Hunters are willing to span all across the US to hunt down every person he contacts then, that's a lot of wasted man power, and if Mr.Spades knows of the hunters already, he could certainly have those people ready to ensure the Hunters lose some of that man power.

I'd say the viability of 'anything' depends entirely on the method behind it =3 If Mr.Spades views the change in his life as a game, he could very well lead to his gang setting a Fortress [urban of course, it wouldn't 'obviously' be a fortress to normal people] that would even give hunters a bitch of a time trying to infiltrate, nevermind the slew of traps he could set up XD Afterall, Military groups are set more to deal with something that can be predictable, If he's seemingly completely wild in his choices of what to do, then, well, Shit gets harder then XD

As for a coup, that depends on the gang and it's loyalties XD Besides, unless the Hunter's will expend the man-power to monitor 1000's of people moving allover the city at the same time, they're bound to get stretched kinda thin XD nevermind the methods of detecting and removing bugs and wires that gang's mysteriously seem to get their hands on XD especially with a cartel connection.

and lol, magically.

On another note, you know the best way to deal with a trained force of 'uber infiltrating and armed dudes'? Train your own =P

And yeah I know people can come and go still, but, most definitely it becomes suspicious and eventually detrimental to public complacency as word spreads that everyone in and out of the city is being searched and acosted by these guys.

Either way, I suppose I'll have to cook up something more elaborately details later X

I responded to each of his dumbass paragraphs with this one. Probably confusing to read.

Me/Him wrote:

Well, you said we can't 'leave' the city, or, could, but it wouldn't be as fun or something like that, but you never said we couldn't garner assistance 'from' those outside of the city =P what seems irrelevant to you may actually be useful to 'me' =3.

Well there ya go, if they don't normally employ those tactics, then it would be a suitable method of dettering 'some' forms of public assassination because that one shot could very well not be enough and just look like some mad man assassinated a street performer XD which, ya know, means public opinion would steadily become closer to violently hateful against them.

Anyway, 'that' is one of their weaknesses, afterall, if the population turns against them entirely, then they'll either end up starting a bloody revolution, or the population will force the government to denounce and alienate them to avoid a revolution... aka, the cost becomes greater than the results and their forced to cut their losses, 'then' hunters start turning up dead in their cells =P . You don't understand. They're a massive organization. Beyond that, it's not like the public reacts like that anyways. Adam Lanza gunned down how many people in a theater last year and people assumed he was just a lone, crazy gunman. Situations like that happen and people don't think it's a conspiracy. Random people die every day and no one does anything about it: they would need to march down the main street of Washington D.C. to prompt any sort of major reaction. You are gravely underestimating them: they could squash out any revolution fairly quickly. People won't revolt against them because no one knows they exist. They aren't going to be forced to cut their losses: your one character is not capable of resisting their forces with a ragtag group of gangbangers. Being a thorn in their side would be a stretch: while fighting them will be possible in this RP, it will be very difficult. Fighting them alone (and I mean alone in the sense of only one Cardkeeper: vanilla mortals aren't much of a threat to them) is the closest thing to suicide.

Really the whole situation has so many countless directions it could go, there's really no 'perfect impossibility' for one outcome XD No, there is. Opposing them in the way you're talking of is an impossibility. There's next to no way he could've survived. His gang would have been crushed, quickly and totally.

And yeah they have vast ammounts of resources and fire power, but ya know what? There's plenty of ways to counter over-whelming force and resources =3 And really you're over-estimating the power of those resources I think, I mean, cartels and gangs find ways around The best surveilance methods the entire fucking country can use against them, seriously, If a bunch of sneaky fucks in mexico, or Thuglifers on the street can avoid it, I think a handful of guys with enhanced abilities and magic cards can too XD Unless you mean to say, the Hunters are superior in all of these areas to the FBI, US Army, and so on and so forth =P And with an active hacker really a LOT os tracing methods becomes completely useless and the rest just require his thorough attention XD Therein lies your problem. The government has to concentrate on a million different gangs across the entire United States. The Hunters are going after eight people and their closest associates. I am not denying the capabilities of guerilla resistance: Spain under Napoleon and Vietnam are excellent examples of that. However, a gang isn't capable of mounting such a resistance. You're talking about under a hundred group of untrained gangbangers with next to no training going up against several thousand well-armed, properly trained, perfectly cohesive troops. It isn't a contest. They'd get names and addresses and hunt each and every last one down if they wanted to send a message to Mr. Spades that badly. If a few slipped away, I have strong, strong doubts they would still be loyal. Still want anything to do with him. Even if he cut all connections as soon as he got the Card, they wouldn't have the kind of loyalty you're talking about after two years. Gangs don't follow someone dogmatically like that-criminals are loyal as long as it covers their own ass.

Of course, you've already implied that these methods of tracking are pointless in the first place since they can track the cards somehow, so that's a moot point, unless they can't really track the cards specifically so much, in which case, woo, more options =P

Again, the communication thing could be fixed with just having a good hacker on his side, and there's plenty of options I already have in mind to solve 'that' issue =3 of course, If the Hunters are willing to span all across the US to hunt down every person he contacts then, that's a lot of wasted man power, and if Mr.Spades knows of the hunters already, he could certainly have those people ready to ensure the Hunters lose some of that man power. They do not give a shit about wasted manpower. Their entire organization exists to hunt down the Cards. One hacker wouldn't be able to hold a candle to their organization, and, once again, a gang isn't a disciplined group here. They might be able to be talked into fighting them, sure. But they'd give up quickly once they started losing a dozen people a day, and more police activity was breathing down their neck than ever before. Not to mention for Mr. Spades to coordinate such an activity-which is dubious-he'd have to be in the city, actively leading it, and would thus be found within a day or two by the Hunters. It's not going to work.

I'd say the viability of 'anything' depends entirely on the method behind it =3 If Mr.Spades views the change in his life as a game, he could very well lead to his gang setting a Fortress [urban of course, it wouldn't 'obviously' be a fortress to normal people] that would even give hunters a bitch of a time trying to infiltrate, nevermind the slew of traps he could set up XD Afterall, Military groups are set more to deal with something that can be predictable, If he's seemingly completely wild in his choices of what to do, then, well, Shit gets harder then XD No. No. No. He would not have time to set up a fortress. You cannot make an impregnable defense in one day, maybe two before they sent more people after him. Even if, let's say, he somehow managed it, they could easily flood the place with tear gas, poison the water, etc. You are greatly overestimating the gang's capabilities. There is way to counter everything, yes, but launching a military effort requires manpower, logistics, resources, and morale, of which Mr. Spades' group has next to nothing.

As for a coup, that depends on the gang and it's loyalties XD Besides, unless the Hunter's will expend the man-power to monitor 1000's of people moving allover the city at the same time, they're bound to get stretched kinda thin XD nevermind the methods of detecting and removing bugs and wires that gang's mysteriously seem to get their hands on XD especially with a cartel connection. Your gang has thousands of people all over the city? I'm not going to allow you to have a small army backing your character, that's ridiculous. He cannot be the leader of a cartel. I thought we were talking a small-time gang here. Even if he was the leader of a gang, they would not give a shit about him after a few months of his absence. Gangs aren't the type to patiently wait for their leader to come back. Someone would fill the vacuum and business as normal would resume. Beyond that, they aren't going to be equipped with gear to counter the Hunters. There is no way he could outfit them with that.

and lol, magically. There is no scientific basis for the Cards' existence.

On another note, you know the best way to deal with a trained force of 'uber infiltrating and armed dudes'? Train your own =P If you can inform me how he would manage to train a small army within a day or two before being assaulted by Hunters or crushed by the combined focus of the police, please let me know. This isn't a plausible backstory.

And yeah I know people can come and go still, but, most definitely it becomes suspicious and eventually detrimental to public complacency as word spreads that everyone in and out of the city is being searched and acosted by these guys.

Either way, I suppose I'll have to cook up something more elaborately details later XD

I can tell you've put a lot of thought into this, but I'm not arguing it with you anymore. My main concerns are this.

Your character having a small army that's equipped with state-of-the-art gear, the kind of morale and discipline that's capable of hanging together with their leader's absence for several years, and inhuman willingness to die is not fair. At all. Beyond that, it's not plausible, as several outcomes would have happened.

-Your character gets attacked one night after receiving the Card. Besides the fact he murdered the gang leader and said gang members are loyal to him, which is a stretch (they normally don't take things like that lightly), he gets the idea to train an army to resist the Hunters. This is a stretch, but let's say he does it. The Hunters are attacking an Ace at a rate of once or twice a WEEK. Not necessarily direct military confrontations. Drive-bys. Sniped while walking down the street. Stabbed in his sleep. You stretched the luck of the Card pretty far in his backstory, along with its other abilities: the luck, even for an Ace, is a slight of hand, a minor difference. It keeps them alive but it isn't a constant, all-powerful force. Your character would have been killed very quickly, and if he somehow survived the first few assassination attempts, he would've been swarmed if he didn't leave town. 

-Your character gets attacked one night after receiving the Card and leaves. The gang either falls apart due to the power vacuum and chaos of their leader being dead or a new leader takes its place, maybe uses your character as a scapegoat for murdering the last leader, and they go on, business as usual. It's extremely unlikely they would have any loyalty to him after two years.

Your plans for your character all rely on extremely contrived circumstances. He has a hacker that defies every Hunter countermeasure thrown at him. He has connections that outfit his gang with enough gear to counter the Hunters' massive resources and technology. He has the charisma to keep a gang steadfastly loyal to him in his presence after they would've been targeted for assisting Mr. Spades. Your backstory requires far too many extreme coincidences to work. I'm sorry, I can't accept it as it is. Unless you can somehow convince me it is viable, I'm going to need you to change it. You can sit and argue more with me, but I'm extremely doubtful my opinion will change. I don't feel I'm unreasonable, and I don't want to be a dick, but I don't see his current sheet working as is.

I fucking hate RP'ing right about now. Hope this was an enjoyable read: I personally find it amusing to slowly watch someone else degrade into insane fury.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 7:36 pm

But you can't hate doing Shade, I'm still counting on you for mine!

Yeah, those people... Worst is his incessant use of smilies makes me believe he has no idea anything was wrong.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 8:19 pm

Assassin's Creed Slenderman Jesus is my favorite kind of Jesus, right after Raptor Jesus.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 8:21 pm

As a prior note: I'm back and I am sorry for being absent, guys. Mind boggling circumstances drive me to abandon the internet.

Anyways, that was fun to read. I don't know why, probably because I'm morbidly sadistic, I get a kick out of seeing fools like this. It's just fun for me (not to mention it makes me feel proud of my own abilities). Even though you said you hate RP'ing at the moment, perhaps collectively we can rectify this mishap. whistle
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:02 pm

Assassin's Creed Slenderman Raptor Jesus should be one of the available choices for Religion when you take those standardized tests.

Yeah, I don't hate RP'ing so much as I hate having to RP with people like that, hahaha. I'm really tempted to just kill his ass off in the first page or two. I mean REALLY tempted. 

Ah, if he has any more golden moments I'll post them. I don't think you're supposed to do that with Private Messages, but the ban will be worth it if he somehow finds this.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:09 pm

Well, if you lose your membership wherever, that means you can spend more time here with us... (psychotic twitch)

Actually, where are you running this? I've been looking for a potential new site to try RP'ing on.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:38 pm

This game sounds fun, I'm with Eo. Got a link for us?
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 9:53 pm

www.roleplayerguild.com . I'm SilentEpiphany, and I believe Mr. Suit and Tie/LoneStar is MrAllenJ over there. And WindRoller's handle is Vertical. But I know you were only concerned about that first one.

My ego is out of control. I should warn you, there are people like that guy I was PM'ing (name is Shoryu, stay far, far away) over there.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 10:35 pm

hee, I have fun destroying them with logic and intelligence. It's like their krptonite.

And a good OP will step in to work things to the advantage of the better RPer a lot of the time. After all, the person putting in more effort does need to get SOME bonus out of it...
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Jun 2013, 11:01 pm

>XD XD XD XD XD
now there's your first warning sign
Back to top Go down
BBeast
User

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 4:57 am

The sad yet somewhat funny thing is that it reminds me of when I first started RPing. I wasn't quite so bad (at the very least I used decent grammar), but the principle is there.

With any luck, he'll improve eventually. Although there are two kinds of luck...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 6:28 am

Woah, Windroller is still around? Man it's been forever.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 2:14 pm

God damn it, first day in the Guild and somebody already hates me.

I saw an Avatar roleplay, got excited, and then was let down by the OP so I politely let them know how I felt about it and how he could make it work.
Quote :
How can you say there has been no struggle or conflict since the downfall of Amon? The ringleader lost his respect, yeah, that may calm the revolting, of course. But what you are not acknowledging is that there is a source that made the non-bending population want to rise up, there was a source that was making them feel as if they were oppressed. Amon's anti-bending agenda was gone, but the people's hatred for the benders remained. In fact, it might even have increased since it was a bender that had used them to gain control of Republic city, and that it was the benders that had abolished their hope for equality. While the revolution was stopped, the tension will still remain. We also cannot ignore that hundreds of people that lost their bending due to Amon, and we also cannot ignore that Tenzin was the only remaining council member. There will have to be a reconstruction of government and the reenlistment of police forces. After the midst of chaos, there are going to be power struggles to regain control of the city and its citizens. There will even be internal power struggles within the police and the newly established council. There is so much material there that you're just skipping over that could be far more interesting to look into than a bunch of benders walking through the woods, and even if we didn't want to RP to revolve around politics, we would still have to establish the politics then that may have a dramatic effect at the present date.

And then he responded with this, he was nice enough.
Quote :
.__. Look, I didn't come up with the plot, and the other members didn't seem to mind. Going over the details is somewhat boring, you know, and if you wanted a structured, serious roleplay, you should go somewhere else. I'm sorry! You're very right, I know, but we're just.. making stuff up. Just pretending everything's okay. It seems much more simpler, and I like simple roleplays. ^^' So.. maybe it's just a new Avatar world? I don't know. I'm not that smart. >o< A little dead in the brain actually! Hehe! I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  00vlY

But anywho, I guess we're just modifying the whole thing to our liking. Maybe start your own roleplay with the complicated, intricate details? :o I don't know, but I hope I haven't insulted you in any way. I wasn't trying. So, I am sorry. .__.

I decided to be nice in return.
Quote :
I am not insulted, you ought not to worry about that.

Perhaps it is that I am more adjusted to a more convoluted story-arc, or at least one with a completed or appropriate and realistic buildup of history. I just cannot see how everything was okay after Amon left, I'm a big realism buff and perhaps that makes me come across as brazen at times. I for one personally take joy in building a world's history as it adds more color, intrigue, and culture to the story, and it can a dramatic impact on current events. Our perspective on racism or people of the opposite color would certainly be different if instead of peaceful protests, there was an all-out revolution with guns and pitchforks. Translating this into the Avatar universe, it could end in many ways, with the non-benders protesting and the city peacefully giving the citizens what they want. Alternatively, there could be another civil war. Perhaps the tension in Republic City would continue on for many more years. The union could like remain banded together and work on settling down the citizens, or figure that this alliance no longer works and they split up into different nations again. Every Avatar has also had an impact on history and has done many great things - Korra quelled an uprising, but would that just be it? She was only seventeen years old then, and still has her entire life ahead of her full of potential accomplishments or mistakes, any of which could make a notable difference.

But like I said, perhaps I'm just more used to more developed storylines, which may affect my perspective on many particular things. I'm not trying to change your mind, you already said you're going to run it the way it is. I just figured I'd explain myself first and foremost. Regardless, have fun with your roleplay.

He said this in reply:
Quote :
I'm not really used to being a GM, more so a member who lightens people's spirits with nonsense and jest. I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  00vlYCreating plots is not my jazz, but it seems to be yours! Maybe making a roleplay of your own would quench your desire to make such a strategic, well-organized plot! You certainly gave me good ideas, I'll admit that, so thank you! It seems you're somewhat of a new member(though you're capable of fitting in perfectly), so welcome to RPG! You probably belong in the Advanced section. ^-^

But anyway, thank you for the input~ I marvel at you~ Hehe! You remind me of one of my friends, actually! Er.. yeah, so, bye, I guess! :3 *wave wave*

And then THIS dipshit came along.
Quote :
@Pocket, get off your high horse. Why enter an OOC just to attack the GM with your criticism's if you're NOT even interested in joining??? Furthermore, I have to LOL at how you're pushing your opinions as actual facts. Since we do not know what happens in season 2 as it has yet to be released, WE'RE ALLOWED to assume what we want to make a RP happen. I love that you state "But lost of bending, and people up rised!!" You do realized it's highly assumed Korra stored the rest of Republic city's bendig right and that once the leader (Amon) goes down, an organization will usually crumble as well. Furthermore, this is set 70 years AFTER Korra for more creativity and originality. The rise against non-benders was pretty much toast after tha fall of Amon and since Book 2 is entiled Spirits, it's safe to assume they aren't the issue anymore. So whatever concerns/issues you may have, they boil down to being invaild as this is set 70 years after the fact anyways. Please take your snobish attitude elsewhere or I will report you to the mods for coming in with the full attempt to attack rather than give advice or even wanting to join our RP.

So I replied with this.
Quote :
I was just giving my general critique, I wasn't on a high-horse. Apologies if it came across like that. Since this seems to be a post that especially concerns me, I'm afraid I'll have to break it apart and address your accusations accordingly.

I was initially interested in joining, that's why I even looked at the thread. To extend this further, I never "attacked" anybody, I addressed my issues with the OP that was given to me. I told them why I didn't like it, and what could happen to make it work better. That is an exemplary critique where both sides of either party are completely understanding of the other's perspective.

The only opinions I posted were what I thought would make the story better, and that I didn't really like how it was set up now. The rest, the cause and effect, what could have happened after Amon's failure, are all things that you can realistically expect from an aftermath of a revolution. It's deductive reasoning - putting pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together by combining what you already know. I never stated anything relating to season 2. But I did, with the perspective that season 2 wasn't out yet, exclude all of the potential material since it technically hasn't happened yet. As far as we can tell, it's a random event. So I focused on all of the possibilities of Republic City's future, since that has not been revealed yet. If you defeat a leader, the rest of their followers won't just give up with his absence. They'll still be outraged. It's basic sociology.

It has never been stated, either officially or theoretically, that Korra has restored EVERY SINGLE BENDER in Republic City. We have only seen Lin Bei Fong having her bending restored to her by Korra. And yes, an organization will fall. Not the beliefs of the people. Like I said, there was a REASON why they were upset. They legitimately felt oppressed, and the Equalists used that pre-existing emotion of resentment against the benders of Republic City.

Book 2 hasn't come out yet so we don't have any access to that information, therefore, we must work with what we have. And yes, segregation is ALWAYS an issue. Only fifty years ago in our natural history, racism was a huge problem. Racism still exists today because people remember what either side did to each other. Much like the blacks and the whites, the non-benders will continue to resent the benders because of their apparently oppressed state that had led them to REBEL against their government. And yes, even after 70 years that can be a problem. Because during those 70 years, something could have happened that drastically changed history. And after 70 years, it could be that bending is a nearly extinct and outlawed practice. Recall the hundred year war and how the hatred on either side had never ceased. Even 75 years, between the war's end and Korra's birth, there were undoubtedly some believers left over. Some citizens legitimately believed that the Fire Nation was doing the right thing, and that sort of thing is to be expected.

No snobbery was intended, not was it likely even implicated.

Since the last bit of your post seems to be mostly full of threats and insults, I'll choose not to address it further than that. Summarizing my post, you fail to acknowledge the actual intents and content of either of my previous posts chose to feel insulted at a whim's noticed. What could've been an engaging conversation, you chose instead to threaten and insult me (and for what purpose?). The only conclusion I can come to is pride, which I assure you, you have no reason to defend. You can engage further if you so wish, but I request that if you were to do so, do it in private messages so that we do not messy up the OOC thread any further. However, if you do, I can guarantee you that I will likely lose my patience and will give you no reason nor drive for you to continue. Or in other words, as kids say nowadays: "talk shit, get hit".

Happy roleplaying.

Will keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 2:21 pm

This just in, he only said "TL;DR". Lol.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

I believe you can report that? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Jun 2013, 4:46 pm

Because I know when I go on writing sites, I like to NOT read things

Also, for anyone interesting, Stephen King AMA on Reddit right now
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2013, 11:23 pm

Double post for the sake of FUCK THIS GUY. Same guy who mysteriously stopped attempting to join my RP after our last exchange of PM's and is in another RP I (now realize was a mistake to have) joined. I need to start a blog for this guy or something.

Same guy wrote:
Luness as Vriska Currently

Imprisonment... Well, anyone who knew Vriska would expect that one to end up in a place like this eventually anyway, but this, no, this was something else, At this time Vriska knew he was just another part of a genetic Jigsaw puzzle that liked to call itself Lune... Of course there wasn't much to do in that crampy little cell, though there was room to move around at least, he made a habit out of keeping as active as he could, everything from simply walking in alternating circles to jumping from one wall to the other and back and even trying to climb the cieling... This had been a new experience actually, Vriska wasn't used to being 'the active persona' this long, normally it'd be as much as 12 hours and then stop, but he'd been here for days now thanks to the dampening effects of this cell, staving off his 'time limit' as much as it supressed Lune's ability

He was concealing something in amidst his rambling motions though, not something that'd be visible even staring him in the face, much less from a piddly surveilance monitor.... His Vision Eight-fold was ever active, though it was still weakened... The Cell was sculpted to screw up Lune's ability to shift between his different forms, but it was lucky that his power didn't seem to be entirely 'genetically limited' as some of the character based abilities it reproduced were clearly unnatural, and he hadn't demonstrated hints that some of these forms may have unusual abilities of their own, but being born of that Shifting ability causes the more 'special' ones to still be considerably weakened.... For instance, he could barely see into the next cell over from his currently, or through the thinner Cell doors, though the 'peeking slats' were easier since they were even thinner, or the rooms above and below, hardly much useful information could be gathered this way, but patterns could still be observed on occasion... and if there's anything Vriska knew it was that the subtlest details could be very useful... Nobody contains a Spider for long 

"H8h8h8" He couldn't help but chuckle... even if the situation was hopeless... It was just his way to fancy himself superior and ultimately uncontainable... It was entertaining, funny, and... well... It staved off that feeling of doom that being locked in these cells for days would do...almost as much as it was funny to see the dents in the door from when they originally Locked Gamzee in here... though they cleaned off his mad blood writing meants to scare them shitless... or maybe it was just spit, who can tell when you can turn into freaky aliens? it's not lie 'they' know for sure, right? Oh well.

At last Vriska 'seemed' to tire of his mulling about and plopped onto the bed, hopping up to the back of it, straight backed against the wall, and crossed legs into something that looked like meditation... then he began to sing ... Something that those anywhere nearby would be able to hear very clearly... It was a Strange thing, Humming tune and chanting voice sung in a language no normal human would know, that came together in a Haunting yet strangely inspiring melody, as if simply hearing it was meant to bring hope, but on a more primal level than just an 'inspirational speech' or something.... In truth this was merely the 'power of music', it's not unique to him or anyone else, though the song itself is, is a song of considerable meaning to Alternians, which he presently 'is' one of course.

Secretly though, while he sang verbally, His 'spoke' Psychically, or at least he thinks he did, for all he knows the cell negates that and the messages never got through, but one does not meet Victory without trying all avenues of possibliity, with a little 'luck', perhaps he's pull it off... If only he still had his Dice... It's a good thing they hold no power in the hands of a normal human... oh well, he 'attempted' to speak psychically to those he could see in the other cells with his unique method of Vision... plus, his time was drawing short, he knew, with the number of days passed his time limit would have to run out the next time they dragged him out for an Experiment... then someone else would be in control. 

To guard passing by the Cell on patrol on the next floor up "OOGA8OOGA8OOGA!!!!!!!"

To Annabeth Lee "And one is 1/5th Psychic, H8h8, I don't even now if you can Hear me or if this can even get past the cells, 8ut, I'm the one singing across the hall in that other cell. I thought I'd take a shot and see if anyone nearby can hear me 'thing' at them, H8h8h8... If you happen to be able to respond, though I doubt it if by some miracle you're a telepath too, your cell would get in the way specifically I 8et... Lucky me, I'm inadvertantly psychic, h8h8... oh well, If you 'can' reply somehow I'll say this, My time is growing short, After my next 'test' I have a feeling someone else will surface... Just... I apologize in advance if it turns out to 8e Gamzee... Try to ignore the screaming.... 8ut hey, once I'm out of the cell taking a 'test' I can probably chat with you easier, or at least torment you with my voice in your head while you can't respond either from not 8eing a telepath or from 8eing muddled by the cell, h8h8h8"

To Alex - Next to Annabeth's cell [I]"Wow, you almost remind me of my Friend Terezi... though... He's not the type to 8um8le around like a 8lind mouse stuck in a 8ox... Hmmm, May8e He'll 8e the next one to surface and can teach you ways to seeeeeeee without eyes... He's such a Wierdo though, always licking and sniffing things to smell and taste their colors.... such a freak... 8ut I suppose he's 'my' freak, h8h8h8.... oh, Also, H8h8h, you're blind, 8ut I can see through walls, Nyeeeeh." That might've been a bit unecessary bit of information, but he kindof doubted his psychic messages would pass the bars... or maybe they would, either way it was helpful, it was theraputic to talk it if nobody could hear, but also good to find out he can communicate, even if that message in particular might be slightly embarassing.... It was also an exercise in sanity... He'd grown used to the interaction between himself and 'the others'... but... the cell, as it was disrupting Lune's Central power that created them all, It also disrupted their connections... it was like all of his friends were asleep at once for entire days... he could only update them a little here and there during tests.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 12:18 am

That's probably unwise. There's a chance he'll find it. :P

Well next time you run something over there, you know those of us here could probably try to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 12:43 am

What the FUCK was I reading up there?

I gave up.  I think I need some context?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 7:57 am

Male Vriska with psychic powers and can see through walls?

But I'm terribly confused, I'm not sure what I am reading without context.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 6:21 pm

He's apparently a character with the power to adopt the abilities of any other fictional character (let's hope the fucker doesn't know who Dr. Manhattan is, or I will leave that RP in a flurry of f-bombs and links to r/spacedicks as my vengeance). Apparently, this only manifests in Homestuck characters. I don't know what Homestuck really is, to be honest, and I'm struggling to not hate it because this guy likes it. Lo siento, I know a few of you are...Homestuckers? No, that doesn't sound right.

I can dig up his character sheet if you want. I joined the RP because it was open and there was nothing else that interested me, but it's rapidly deteriorating. It's essentially Darksol Serum, if any of you remember that (a bunch of superpowered people taken prisoner) but there's NO PLOT. Like, nothing happens. No interaction with the guards. We just sit in our cells and post about being periodically taken. If some shit doesn't happen in the next day I'm leaving, I figured the OP at least had some generic plot in mind. If I wanted to RP as an inmate that badly, I'd get arrested in real life.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 6:29 pm

So, he couldn't just decide to play as one gray-skinned psycho, so he took an excuse to play as all of them at once? (facepalm)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 6:46 pm

Well at least he's not trying to be Nepeta, the only one I don't hate with a firey passion.

I feel your pain Shade. I'd have already ditched that, were I you.

Or called him out on it if I were a member of the community. I think that's the only reason I felt like I could get away with dealing with Colossus back on the Sporum.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 9:50 pm

Apparently, haha. I'm sorry for all the bitching, this guy just pisses me off. I might have some fun with him before I suicide my way out of this one (I don't know where Unuhexium is now, but I remember him calling me out on my, uh, less than respectful tendency to drop out of RP's, and he might forgive this one). There's another RP'er or two in the RP that are decent, so I'm hoping they'll make it worthwhile (similar to what happened with Chrosome Z back in the Sporum's dying throes: mediocre, standard plot, but the GM was slack so we got away with running our own plot. That sounds kinda bad, when put that way.)

You had a ton of support with Colossus. I'll wait a while and see if things pan out, then deal with him if necessary. Out of curiosity, what's the basis/plot/setting/thingy for Homestuck?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2013, 11:35 pm

Hey, when I started, we were all in that awkward stage where we thought we were the only one who had an issue with him.

No problem, complain away, is entertaining.

I think Unu went the way of the dodo a long time before the sporum fell or we made this forum. I have no idea where he is now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template    I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'd Forgotten the Simple Joys of Stubborn RP'ers/Assassins Creed Slenderman Jesus Template
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: