WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC

Go down 
+5
Snowy
Patches
€rim
Admiral Ji
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 4:50 pm

My, what you all came up with was quite interesting indeed, though the ideas all seem to start verging off into complicated territory rather quickly. Having multiple sub-types for a single element does sound interesting though, which each sub type being better at some certain aspect of their overarching element, though one of my ideas, and Ji would know this, was to sort of allow for the combination of elements in a sort of genetically way.

The idea was that Demon's have one primary element, which they are better with and such, with a secondary one that is more natural to them. These two combined elements of theirs leads to many different things one can do, but in a bit of a restrictive fashion, those two elements with they are branded with at life are the only two they can effective mix together, even if they can learn spells and such from other elements. Sure, they can get creative with those spells and such, but those two original elements are what they can mix to create interesting side effects, if this makes any sense. I guess an example would be, as I saw earlier, a water/earth mix allowing for the Demon to commune with and utilize the life of native creatures.

There in lays a problem though, in which with the current spectrum of elements I have, things will get complicated fast and who the hell knows what you get with some mixes there! Fire and Light? Congratulations, you are now able to make invisible flames? I don't even know what I am talking about anymore, wooot!
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 5:18 pm

Oh yes, and it also bares say this, since I forgot. Plant-based demons are a thing, but there is a reason I've left them out for now. It makes sense when you take into account the incident that is currently being faced.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 10:05 pm

Maybe fire and light would be some kind of illusion power?
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 30 Jan 2014, 10:35 pm

Fire and Light presumably grants an affinity with the sun and other fiery balls of hydrogen. Perfect for making aphysical little spheres of light for your friends to carry around in place of torches. Maybe for some practical things, too.

Really, finding the combined meaning of two or more words appears to be a source of contemplation without any intrinsic finish condition. (How about finding their synergies?) It may even suffice to leave the question 'what is your creative specialty?' open-ended.

'Tis up to you, Plux. I'd be happy just to take one element and riff on it up and down the good/bad axis, at this point. Or try to, anyways.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 3:29 am

I am thinking I'll go with the elemental mixing, but what you come up with and how you use it, I leave up to the player. A tad risky perhaps, but who knows? It lets everyone be as creative perhaps with their two major cards.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 3:59 am

Added more to the OP, and will finish it up tomorrow when I get the chance. Then some character sheets can finally start rollin' out! Also, I think Miasma Demons may be extremely OP. Yaaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 5:56 am

Looks gusta to me. Miasma is a bit OP, yeah, but I'm not sure how to keep that social stigma thing you've got going while also nerfing them.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 8:32 am

Ooooh yeah, Abasi is coming back yo. I'm not sure what to combine Miasma with though.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 4:30 pm

Wonderful news everybody! You can get to make your characters now~!

Hrm... not sure what more I should add, if anything...
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 10:25 pm

Excellent!

...er, but visible light is just a kind of electromagnetic radiation. Perhaps its manipulation is simply a side effect of whatever divinitus actually does?

Also, are we supposed to simply scale the age of demon characters by a factor of 50, or is their ontogeny proportioned differently from that of humans? Unless there's a timey-wimey perception filter in play, raising a juvenile for around 750 years (unless prepubescent kids can be entrusted to others' care) sounds... tiring.

Further, how is proper (non-cancerous) cellular function maintained for so long? Is there a component of 'if you expect it to work this way, then it does'? What is the region's food supply like, looking to farms and carrion availability in particular?

Alternatively, I could assume that everything works roughly like medieval Europe with a steady supply of poorly-organized but mild-tempered foreigners. Are they from modern times?

Apologies if I'm missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 31 Jan 2014, 11:45 pm

Well, one of the biiiig things here to remember is magic. That's about it. Demons are magic, they technically don't really need to eat or drink as much as we do, so food and the like would not truly be a big issue. The time frame for this is sort of like a medieval-modern mix so to say, as the dead that inhabit the area are from all times and places after all. The castle that they all work at is based mostly off an old Central European castle, yet it has many wonderful amenities about it. Age works sort of like this. Every 300 or so years would be considered a major part in life. 300 being an older kid, 600 being a teen, 900 being a young adult, but by about 1200, they sort of reach this pause on aging for a good 2000 or so years, depending. The only time a Demon would truly look old though is after 5000 years of age, and really, 300 years isn't that long for them. It's equivalent to how a human would persevere time.
Back to top Go down
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 1:36 am

Okay, cool, that's almost all I need. If I make a tempest demon, though, I don't want to intrude on dinvinitus characters' thing - I'll probably just avoid working with electromagnetic radiation entirely.

Two or three things more. Where do demons socialize, if they spend less time in dining halls and at watering holes? On the topic of sleep, what are their school / work hours like?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 10:29 am

Now to debate embarrassing myself by following tradition, and trying to gritty reboot a character I made when I was waaaay too young to not be an idiot about it, (Which is to say, Verl) or make something new.

Either way, considering Inferno/Divinitus, might be fun.

Last edited by Ji on Sat 01 Feb 2014, 11:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 11:40 am

Demons spent most of their time working around the castle, as it's the center of activity in Eden. They don't really have cities or anything, just villages that dot the area around the castle which they can call a more personal home. Work hours are complicated though, as Demons can go several days without sleep if they want and be just fine, and their jobs don't always keep them super busy, which does often leave one with a lot of spare time... Unless you're a butler/maid.
Back to top Go down
Warcodered
Refugee
Warcodered

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

Wasn't Verl's origins somewhat gritty before?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 12:06 pm

It was confusing and infinitely too complicated. Gritty, less so.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 12:15 pm

Maids?! (gets horrible idea then has a good long laugh before discarding it)
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 1:29 pm

Maids.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 1:47 pm

Maids~
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 3:13 pm

Oh god damn it. Somehow... SOMEHOW...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 3:57 pm

Maybe someone burns down part of the library and as a punishment Abasi makes them his maid for a month to embarrass them. That'd be wonderful. Not to say that's what should happen, of course, but you know...
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 5:42 pm

Sounds more like sort of strange fantasy to me.
Back to top Go down
Cyrus
Refugee
Cyrus

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 6:15 pm

Well, I'm gonna make an attempt at a Miasma-Umbran Demon. Two very cool ideas I get from this are ghostly projections (Think of it like visible telekinesis) of her hands and the ability to use highly corrosive poisons to burn through certain obstacles. Without further ado, here's my character, surprises included.

Well Jac...I've read this over, word for word. I'll get in, if I may. On the other hand, oh my dear god is this great.

Name: Holquen

Age: 3375 in demonic age, 27 in human years, following the 125:2 ratio

Demon Element(s): Miasma-Umbran

Description: Physically, Holquen is an individual with an average height by Edenic standards. Her hair, an almost uniform surface draping over her head and shoulders with a rough stop about halfway her sculpted sides, shows a healthy, dark purple hue. Stripes of black mark the velvety image horizontally, essentially giving her a very dark, soft cover, fitting with her Umbran part. Her face, showing some of her visible skin, bore a darkened hue, but far from the extent of her hair. The best way to describe it would be that it had been exposed to volcanic ashes to the point where their black color ingrained in her genes. Further reasons for stating such a thing would lie in her eyes, quite literally. Her irises were the same color as dark wood, while her pupils, strangely, showcased a glaring, bright red as their color. She liked to be seen wearing a plain, long vest with a flowered pattern on it, with the flowers being colored indigo and the rest of the fabric colored silver. Among the several accessories she wore, the most prominent were two blooming flowers on her hair. Violets, to be more precise. She also wore a necklace with a purple, tear-shaped rock. Finally, she carried a silver ring on each of her middle fingers. The material composing these rings shone black, and each ring carried a black, little gem in it.
Something also noticeable about her was her lack of arms. This had happened some decades ago, as result of extensive use of her Umbran abilities to form shadow projections of her hands, essentially functioning like telekinesis. Her arms were no longer necessary, so they, like the very nature of her Miasma element, decayed. Additionally, she carried a fan in each of her hands.
These fans were an entirely different subject, seeing as they were more than just mere objects. The first, as well as the most noticeable quirk was the fact that, unlike conventional fans, these could open until they formed a full circle. The wooden parts resembled, both in color and in texture, decayed acacia wood. They even smelt faintly of that. Another characteristic not easy to miss was the way they seemed to almost be moved without any physical force, quite likely result of Holquen's learned telekinesis. The fans themselves were colored cyan, with two viper-like patterns inscribed on each corner, baring their fangs at an unseen threat. Finally, these fans could "sprout" a multitude of fangs of their own at will.

And last, but not least, Holquen retained some of her original Demon characteristics, even nowadays. Particularly, the fact that she was born daughter of a male crow and a female human. What this means is that, under certain circumstances, implying urgent necessity, she will morph into a giant crow of her own, complete with wings, talons and red gaze. In this state, her fans converged and transformed into a black-bladed, red shafted scythe. Her own appearance changed drastically. Her body covered up in feathers that glowed in a sickly, twisted dark purple, nearing black. Her piercing eyes attained enough ferocity in them to stun any weak-willed opponent who dared stare in her eyes. She also retained the ghastly projections of her hands, though they morphed into talon projections...and quite sharp looking ones too. She would turn incredibly brutish and violent, assaulting anything living around her. The immense wrath flowing through her veins had a chance of making her attack allies, but she was mostly reliable, even in this state. Only two times in her life had this form been summoned so far. While under this guise, she had been often called the "Grim Reaper", a namesake given to her by the weapon she handles in this condition.

Personality: A two-sided personality, most of the time. Often, she was seen with a calm, constant smile, almost maternal. Her sweet voice was a giveaway as to what she really was. This was a result of her upbringing. Her tendency to act and be subservient eventually made it natural for her. She carried herself with dignity and a noble posture, despite her position. Even her personality resounded with grace.

If she ever got angry, she barely showed it face to face. Rather, her take on vengeance was a more discrete and subtle one. And even then, she was against payback, for the most part. She would much rather give a caring, stern scolding on the spot. And with her face, who could not give her reason?

Yet, she did, beneath all the smiles and scolds, have a dark side. Under certain circumstances, she'd turn into a cryptic personality, making nearly no sense and acting as if no moral heart guided her. She was a ruthless killer as well as a powerful entity. One not to be trifled with, and the aura she exerted almost pressured a weight of fear in those surrounding her.

She coped with the stigma revolving around both her elemental factions well, slowly working on disproving the apparent distrust she received through eloquency and a certain savoir faire that few other Miasma or Umbran demons carried. Generally, she was a good ally and a fearsome enemy. One must take care with what buttons they push around her.

Background: Holquen, born the daughter of a male crow and a female human, learned how to speak both avian and human tongues ever since she said her first word. This allowed her to communicate with birds, as easily as she would with humans or Demons. Although her uses for this ability are mostly for entertainment, there has been a number of situations where this skill was an asset.
Since then, her growth had been stable and healthy, and the household in general lacked any problems. Her upbringing, combined with her natural desire to be useful, led her to being the subservient, helpful creature she today is. Her father also taught her how to use her darkest feelings to defend herself or others.
Right after her ascent to Eden, she lost both her arms, while retaining some sharp, ghostly projection of her hands. Not out of trauma, but out of unnecessity. She'd become accostumed to making use of telekinesis. Some centuries after that, on the day that marked her 3000th year, she was attacked by some of the rampaging vegetation that currently plagues the Eden. She was, although, saved by the Queen herself, and has since then pledged her loyalty to the queen and was offered the job of her personal maid.

Job in the Castle: Maid

Last edited by Shiny Honchkrow on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:44 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : I actually took the time to craft the character now, instead of just rushing it. ^^)
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 01 Feb 2014, 11:15 pm

Please, don't fret over what Snowy linked... I have the thing in my dropbox right now, just waiting to befall everyone.

I'll probably see what I can do to patch Verl back up, for old time's sake. First thing I'll need to do is trim all of the terrible decisions that preceded his existing in the first place, and just start with him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC   Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demons' World ~ A Strange Paradise Called Eden OOC
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next