WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC

Go down 
+10
Admiral Ji
Patches
Zorthax
brendan
Alex
€rim
Balu
Surprise
Rachel
Shade
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 3:35 pm

Yeah, definitely there.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

I'm not sure why neither of the "current" examples are wearing clothing. I find that a little odd.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 6:14 pm

I'm going to presume it's that the picture was obtained by someone who got the model, and just the model, and used that for the picture.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 8:26 pm

Alex, I knew they would have to pick a side, I was listening. Against my will, but I was listening.

And in other news, I now want to win a blizzcon SC2 tourny, because the champs get awesome rings and I love rings.

We now go to Zorthaxs phone, where an argument between him and his little sister is picking up heat:

Zorthax: I just got a copy of the son of neptune, do you want a copy?

Sister: I already read it last weekend!!! I didnt want to tell you because you get jealous that I see and read everything first!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Zorthax: I have read all the harry potter books, the entire Dark Hunter series to date, dozens of Star wars expanded universe novels, game guides, and classic literature like alexader dumas and shakespeare. Need I go on?

Sister: I dont count what the nerd herd reads, so I win hands down!!

Zorthax: Harry potter is preteen fiction, not nerd herd. The Dark Hunters is erotic fantasy, definetly not nerd herd. Classic literature doesnt become such unless a huge boatload of people like it, so not exclusivly nerd herd. And I dont count those 100 page chick flicks you read by the dozen as novels, so we seem to have reached an impasse.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 11:36 pm

Lolz... I read Son of Neptune before your sister did!
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 11:44 pm

I have no idea what roughly half of those are! wooooo! *runs around honking like an idiot*
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 12:14 am

*shakes head condescendingly*

Oh Joural..... someday you will awesome like me and Egypt, and read everything you can get your greedy hands on. Until then, well...... We love you any way. *deep sigh*
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 12:24 am

Hey anyone know when Inheritance (fourth book of Eragon) or Goliath (third book in Leviathan) come out? I think Inheritance is sometime in Early November, but am not sure.

There was another book I was waiting for... but it's name escapes me. I think it was the third book for the Hourglass Door...

I hate my memory, yeah I can remember the image of a page in my head crystal clear, but I find it impossible to recite the words I see... Not to mention everything is in Black and White in my memory. [Sigh]...
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 12:54 am

inheritance, I think has no release date.

and Zorth, I just haven't read those. have you read scott pilgrim, the fire within, Pendragon, and Arthur?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 6:45 am

Inheritance is November 8th.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 24 Oct 2011, 6:52 pm

K thanks Bro.

I read The Fire Within(Is it an Underline, a Quote, or Italics?). Then read all the way to Icefire and dropped the series. It just got lame randomly.

*Looks at small collection of books on the three Bookshelves of Books* Perhaps I should get a Kindle...
Back to top Go down
Alex
User
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 12:19 pm

HOMESTUCK! Homestuck has updated! Ooooh Jack doesn't look to happy!
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

"all the way to icefire"? unless you read in a wierd order, that's a sum total of 2 books. fire within and ice fire.

it gets better, believe me. Dragons vs. small, faster, evil, ridiculous EVIL dragons. it's... odd, but a fun read.
Back to top Go down
brendan
Common Poster
brendan

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

Dark Fire is amazing.
Back to top Go down
http://pkmnheartgold.tumblr.com
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 4:13 pm

Fire world is so sick. so sick. you don't even KNOW.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

Maybe... Oh yeah wait that was Fire Star. That was where he dies. *Nods...* I hate it when characters die in stupid ways. Martyr or not (Warning Spoiler: )Being stabbed by a piece of magic Ice is a horrible way to kill someone.(End Spoiler] Even if he did or did not stay dead.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:27 pm

Pendragon was okay when I read it the first time. It was an interesting concept, but when I reread it I couldn't help but think it was too ridiculous for me. It was good, but just not my style.

Although I very much liked Raven Rise.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:40 pm

it was good. parts I didn't like (fucking 2 pages of people kissing. not even makeout-lets make love kissing, just a fucking peck on the cheek. who describe a peck on the cheek in that much detail? it had no relevance to anything!)
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 9:37 pm

"There have been five great kisses since 1642 B.C. ... (before then couples hooked thumbs.) And the precise rating of kisses is a terribly difficult thing, often leading to great controversy...Well, this one left them all behind." That's all any book ever needed.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

Why did you just paraphrase William Goldman?

And more importantly, I believe I have found a way to double my effective speed in StarCraft 2!

And I am almost finished reading an encyclopedia!
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:19 pm

One of them is in The Princess Bride... It says so.

Oh so many jokes go with that movie/book. Mostly the movie.

The entire encyclopedia? Impressive.

Useless information: The Eiffel Tower is six inches shorter during the winter.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 11:32 pm

Really? Many jokes? As you wish.....

That is because iron contracts under cold conditions. Its also the reason that the cracks in the sidewalk are several millimeters larger in the summer.

And dont be so impressed by my reading the encyclopedia. Its a small, specialty encyclopedia about secret societies. Next up is a encyclopedia about signs and symbols. Good books for a paranoid conspiracist to be reading, wouldnt you say.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 12:27 am

I know why... Most things contract when the amount of average vibration between molecules decreases. Water is one exception, there are few others.

How about that space is the hottest (temperature-wise) location in the universe? A standard thermometer would not read a reading above 12 K though because not enough molecules transfer their energy to the detection device.

Eh... I tried to read the World Book one time... I got to B, before I gave up. : \ How is a society secret if it is in an Encyclopedia? Makes little sense to me.

Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 1:00 am

Its the book set called the Element Encyclopedias. The cover such things as secret societies, signs and symbols, ghosts and hauntings, magical creatures and the dream dictionary, just to name a few. Its not an actual encyclopedia. But as for how they can be secret, thier activities are not secret. Obviously hes not spouting about how the internal rituals work, that is the secret part. But telling us that the secret society "Le Philadelphes" worked with another group called the "Carbonari" to try and overthrow both Napoleon and the italian government is hardly a secret, its just the facts.

I suppose the temperature could always be extrapolated from the relation of atomic space to relative temperature, but that could be a bit tricky.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 26 Oct 2011, 8:06 am

How are you going to double your effective speed at SC2, zorth?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC   Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Video Games, Movies. Books, ETC
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next