WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UrbanEvolution
Licensed Psychopath
UrbanEvolution

Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Mar 2015, 11:05 pm

Hey everyone, UrbanEvo here.

It's about time we sat down and have a little talk.

Recently Leo has been annoying me with subliminal messages regarding the fact that I should probably start doing the job I'm here to do. The problem being, I cant do my job until I consult you guy and gals. We're focusing on the community a lot in this revival attempt and in doing so we came to the consensus that, everything I make should be something that you guys want to see. Lets try to keep this serious now, but in the mean time I'd like to hear what you all think I should do with... lets start with the RPProject banner at the top of the page. What would you like to see replace that? I cant personally guarantee that everything requested will go up or that every idea will be used, but if you post it or PM me about it, the chance of that happening is waaaaaay better than if you kept it to yourself. I don't bite or judge. I promise.

Stickying so senpai has to notice me.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Mar 2015, 11:15 pm

We talked in a different thread about making the theme look similair to as if someone was working on a project. Due to the forum title. It was suggested that we do a blueprint style with lots of angles ands things.

I suggested a kind of da vinci style with the below stuff.

Ømnivalence wrote:
Sorry to double post, but I'm home now and I have things. So what I'm thinking is a background like this.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And then maybe up near where the title of the forum is, put something like
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2015, 12:38 am

I think it would be cool, too, to have like half-finished character sketches in the background, in whatever style ya pick for the forum! Like if it's da Vinci style, the sketches might be in scratchy charcoal, but if it's blueprints they might be in thin white chalk. :D

Thank you so much for doing this, by the way. And if we can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask!
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2015, 9:22 am

Moving this to F-f-f-feeeedback. Damn it, Urb.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2015, 9:19 pm

Blueprint thematics sound interesting. I would prefer white to blue, and blue to yellow. Furthermore, inverted white with lowered contrast gives dark grey (like we have already), which I find rather a nice compromise between readability and battery savings.

In general, non-greyscale color schemes will slightly alter our color perception of pics and arts. (The dark background affects brightness perception, similarly. This, of course, is merely a useful exercise in remembering to replace transparency with white when that's an assumption that I've made.)

Yellow parchment, in particular, has been done before. Sure, this means it works, but neither is it apt to 'stand out', if that's a thing we're going for.

(Tangentially, I'll note that occasionally a page will load with all text (incl' in posts) centered, which is odd. Relatedly, sometimes when I preview or edit a post, two copies of the message [the centered one is false - it disappears upon submission] will appear in the text field.

(This is to say nothing of chatbox lag and associated glitches. Since I don't have access / am lazy, I will ask, can anything be done about any of these?)
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Mar 2015, 10:10 pm

Is it possible to make the background of the forum a different color than say the background. Like you see how there's the thin white line on either side of the forum. Can everything inside that be different from what's on the outside?
Back to top Go down
UrbanEvolution
Licensed Psychopath
UrbanEvolution

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 6:28 pm

Ømnivalence wrote:
Is it possible to make the background of the forum a different color than say the background. Like you see how there's the thin white line on either side of the forum. Can everything inside that be different from what's on the outside?

MY response to that is that I'm fairly certain we'll be changing the forum's skin as well, so the banner wont have to necessarily match the one we have now.

I'll wait a little big longer for anyone else, but I'm seeing a lot of the construction style one being recommended. I'm almost thinking a half and half split of Da Vinci's style and the more modern construction blueprint. I'll see how that flies in photoshop in how good it looks once I start working on it.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 7:05 pm

Sweet :D We have the utmost confidence in your abilities.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 7:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
UrbanEvolution
Licensed Psychopath
UrbanEvolution

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

In that case, Leo, I'll just out a big dickbutt watermark over it when it's done.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 7:41 pm

Implying that a giant dickbutt watermark wouldn't be the best thing ever.
Back to top Go down
UrbanEvolution
Licensed Psychopath
UrbanEvolution

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm

Ømnivalence wrote:
Implying that a giant dickbutt watermark wouldn't be the best thing ever.

You have now given me all the permission I need to do just that.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

Knock knock is anyone home? Whatever happened wo
with this. I have seen urban in weeks.
Back to top Go down
UrbanEvolution
Licensed Psychopath
UrbanEvolution

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 12:27 pm

I'm here, a combination of school and work has been killing me lately. The idea we've had is in the works, but as an update: I'm not dead yet. Dont worry.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 12:35 pm

Glad to hear you're not dead. :p school comes first if course.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitimeWed 01 Apr 2015, 4:17 pm

Yeah, don't sweat it dudeski! We look forward to anything you cna do, at the time that you can do it at :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread   Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aesthetic Recommendation And Suggestion Thread
Page 1 of 1