WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

RPP Chat Thread 2.0

Go down 
+11
€rim
Patches
Sadie
JazzTap
Admiral Ji
Rachel
Szemetlada
Snowy
flametitan
Ømnivalence
Shade
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
JazzTap
User
JazzTap

RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2015, 12:07 am

It's in contrast to rigid body dynamics. The difference is that the bodies can deform, as is realistic, but computationally expensive (because then you need several point masses to model each object).
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri 08 May 2015, 12:14 am

That makes sense!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 3:55 am

So how's everyone's summer? And any tips for a young fool about to enter the workforce for the first time?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 9:31 am

Szemetlada wrote:
So how's everyone's summer? And any tips for a young fool about to enter the workforce for the first time?
Ask lots of questions and absorb everything they tell you and don't be afraid of asking too many. You are going to feel nervous, anxious, and incompetent your first couple days, but ride through it. Stay focused on your job. Be engaging and friendly with your customer (if you are working in the public eye). Also, be helpful. Don't leave your co-workers for dead. Example, I stayed an hour and a half longer last night to help my co-worker clean the deli. If I hadn't, she probably would've been there until midnight.

Just take it one step at a time. No one is expecting you to do perfect your first or third day or anything. Where will you be working?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 10:21 am

that was actually rather reassuring considering I plan to get a job over summer
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 1:16 pm

Are you just getting a summer job Mata?

Ask questions of course. Of you coworkers of your supervisor. If you don't know how to do something it's way better to ask than to waste time trying to figure it out. At least that was my experience.

And you mean the summer that I don't have because I still have 5 weeks of school left. :P
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 1:18 pm

Hey, thanks :D And I don't know yet, hehe... Looking at Hy-Vee or maybe something from the parks department. Golf course greenskeeper would be nice

Woah five weeks? What kinda schedule they got you on up there!
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

Location : Looking up, wondering what is beyond the platinum star

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 10:49 pm

Eh, trust me. I work in a factory with a looooot of incompetent people. If I look at the lowest denominator, and from his own stupidity could kill someone with this machinery, and still has a job, you have NOTHING to worry about.

Also, if you are looking to move up in the job, always take the overtime and the crap no one else wants. You want to be the guy the boss relies on and trusts. Now I do not have the kind of seniority so I won't be moving up, and plenty of others want the overtime.

Now that is not to say let the boss take advantage of you and ruin your weekend or anything.

And yeah, what the others said, always ask questions. You might feel like it is a stupid question, and you may get a stupid answer, but hey, if you ask, it shows you actually care about getting and keeping the job, not just trying to ride it for a week or two then quit like a lazy ass.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 May 2015, 11:33 pm

I had to pick up a shift because my co-worker, Doug, called off at the last minute. Right before the rush.

Be like me. Don't be like Doug.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 12:46 pm

Exactly, bosses notice when you do stuff like that. You help them in a crunch, and never know, they may help you out during a crunch.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 3:42 pm

Yeah, we just had our number three desk person here fired for being Doug repeatedly, and now the other two of us get no days off. Simple reliability and willingness to do your job seems hard to come by these days.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 12 May 2015, 8:37 pm

I finally got Omega ruby *is very late to the party*

Is there a relationship between part time jobs and Potion festivals?
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 1:50 pm

Interview for a painting job tomorrow at 8:15! Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 5:42 pm

Ooh, fun. What exactly would you be doing there?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 9:48 pm

Carpentry, obviously.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 9:49 pm

RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 529281_200x130.png?v=1410689106
It could be like artist painting.
Back to top Go down
Master of ImpZ
User
Master of ImpZ

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 9:59 pm

Sorry my sarcasto-meter just started going off.

Reminds me of when I "taught" a Sporumer that Italians use trading sticks and sea shells as currency, not the Euro or whatever the hell they use.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 10:30 pm

So is anybody familiar with World of Warcraft?

Right, so y'all know, you can play for free up to level 20. Some things are unavailable, such as guilds and whatnot. But still, point is, there are RP servers you can join. Maybe he we join a low population server and try it out, because I'm actually pretty curious on how that'd work out.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 10:31 pm

I'm in this boat where I'm like 90% sure that I'd enjoy playing WoW because I love the concept of guilds and the community that forms around them and having friends and adventuring in a world, but I'm utterly terrified to play WoW because I don't need it to suck my life away.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 10:34 pm

I imagine that a lot of it is rigid scheduling. Setting alarms and stuff where it is essentially, "okay, I allotted one or two hours into a video game today. Time to be productive". It can be a fun game when there's nothing holding you back. However, in trial accounts, it starts off fun. You can try a bunch of different classes and races. However, it stops you at level 20 and you can't join or make guilds on trial and things turn out a little repetitive. At that point, all that can really keep you on is a group of friends you can do stuff with.
Back to top Go down
€rim
User
€rim

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat 16 May 2015, 11:35 pm

I've tried playing wow with friends but i just cannot get into it or any other mmo for that matter
Back to top Go down
flametitan
Refugee
flametitan

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015, 8:51 pm

So remember that trinket list I posted earlier? The D&D team cropped the list to the top 10 for their e-magazine, and my friend's rabbit skull made that top 10 list. I'm so happy for them.
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue 19 May 2015, 11:46 pm

That's great! :D
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2015, 1:06 am

I've waited years. Six long years. But I've finally done it.

I'M A GALACTIC GOOOOOOOOOOD =D
Back to top Go down
Ømnivalence
Frequent Poster
Ømnivalence

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu 01 Oct 2015, 1:24 pm

HELLYEAHAAAAAA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPP Chat Thread 2.0   RPP Chat Thread 2.0 - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RPP Chat Thread 2.0
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next