WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

a civ based game?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Oct 2011, 11:23 pm

I noticed that the civ section is empty, and was wondering if anyone would actually want to do one? Before I go to the effort of creating one, I want to make sure there is interest. so- who would play one if I make it?

now, to be clear- when I say "civ based" I think "start with a species/ group(I suppose two people could control different groups of the same species if they want) and try to bring them from a mere lowely creature to a technological force(note- some evolution may occur). These RPs are some of my favorites, and, if well done, can have complex diplomatic relations going on between species and within species.

For those wondering why a single species would form a nation, and not multiple, it's for the same reason fiction depicts the earth coming together as a single nation after space travel- the thought of the "other" keeps them together. Why would you attack your neighbour when you might need his help to drive off the "other"? this is why greece stayed itself, even when attacked by mighty persia- sure, the city-states had their differences, but when the "other" arrived, they banded together to protect themselves. Now imagine that effect, but with dozens of species, ALL OF WHICH COULD BE PLOTTING YOUR DOWNFALL RIGHT NOW.

I will of course be placing serious restrictions on psychic abilities, possibly even removing the possibility all together. I've seen it become ridiculous too often.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 12:24 pm

Could be interesting. You'll understand that my lack of ingenuity means the Vraar will be making a comeback, however.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 3:05 pm

Well... I've never had the resolve to actually make it through one... but, you know what, I'll try, I'll try my hardest. Though the whole they're just an animal stage has always been a wee issue for me, in terms of roleplaying them, but I'll manage.

Also, I'll likely pull a page from Lee's book, if anyone other than I or him knows what that means.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Shade, I will provide a species for you. The fact I'm limiting psionic abilities essentially means the vraar would be useless. essentially just another kind of pond scum.(unless I'm forgetting what the vraar are).

I'm hoping for 6 people, atleast, if we want this going.

Also, Ji, I might decide to start us in early tribe. It make sthings easier and the best part with most interaction comes in Civ, so...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 12:33 am

That would be lovely.

Weren't they the rare powerful beast things?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 12:31 pm

no, pretty sure the vraar were a kind of pond scum that made energy from psychic powers. We'll have to wait for shade to answer, guess, hmm?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Only pondscum I recall were Zee's Ving, which I believe do what you're describing.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

yeah, that might be it... now I'm confused.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 3:26 pm

Vraar were shades really rare beasts, that were supposed to be really top dog alpha predators, and were scattered around like jacks, in the hope someone found them and domesticated them, I do believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

a civ based game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: a civ based game?   a civ based game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a civ based game?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: