WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.

Go down 
+3
Shade
Diamondback
Zorthax
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zorthax
User

WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. Empty
PostSubject: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

It is a dark time. The nations of the world are shattered, broken, their people flung across the globe like so many crumbs in a bakery. What started out as a fascinating scientific anomaly quickly became the most devastating plague ever to sweep across the planet, wiping away all vestiges of humanity like the dark flood it truly was.
Zombie. Once it was a fun word, used in jest, in games and novels wantonly and without regard. No one ever thought they existed. No one thought that a simple viral cross-breed could spread even out of the lab, let alone across the nation. Afterwards they said that it was just 2 micrograms. 2 millionths of a single gram of viral residue which was not washed off of the interns upper wrist that caused the intial spread. Then it lay dormant, waiting for we knew not what. No one even knew it had escaped the lab.
Finally it struck. All at once, and like the monsters it created, it struck without pity, without remorse, without discrimination or mercy. The first reported case was in England, a friend of the intern, suddenly developing a whole plethora of strange symptoms that no one could connect. Try as they might, nothing could save the lad, who died in screaming agony less than 24 hours after saying the words “Yeah man, I’m fine, it’s a fever.”
Less than a month later it was everywhere, spreading from epicenters in London, Pittsburg, Calcutta, Egypt, and Rio de Janerio. Nothing could stop its spread at first, then the first headshot was taken. It had no sentience or higher order thoughts to speak of, and yet its brain was the only thing keeping it alive. And still this was not enough. They multiplied like the virus that had spawned them, simply overrunning defenses and bastions through sheer numbers, without any regard for those who were destroyed around them.
Now our only hope for survival lies with the few remaining outposts of humanity, living in desperation and never knowing if they are safe. Clustered in remote areas in the mountains and similar places, they have all connected with each other. They keep contact, keeping track of who dies. The various outposts have given themselves such fanciful names as Zion, Agharta, Lemuria and Atlantis. Places that in legend were invulnerable, their people unafraid and at peace. If only.
Now its your turn. You are to be the people on this Earth. You can be anyone from the highest general to the lowest civilian. The only rules are that some of you must be in different bases, and not all of you can be soldiers. Basic RP rules apply, and apart from my saying to be creative with your kills, its pretty much your game. Fill in your character sheet, post IC and go!
Name:
Brief bio:
Weapons of choice:
Starting location:
Specialty skills:

Last edited by Zorthax on Wed 16 Nov 2011, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

I like this concept. I do.
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Oct 2011, 6:28 pm

Loved the book. May join if I can find the time.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Oct 2011, 4:56 pm

I will soon read the book.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeTue 15 Nov 2011, 11:21 pm

thought I might try to resurrect this, just with one comment- I have an idea for how this could work. Like, an honest to gods idea we could turn into a plot- first, we find the spot on the internet where the people who over analyzed the book hang out, and steal their timeline of events. From there, we pick a city not mentioned in the book(Kingston would work, or Toronto, or Ottawa, but those would all turn into death traps). we use the events of the book as basis for the story(first wave north? notice an increase in zombies coming from the south) and just run through as citizens of a town. anyone else have a comment to make on the subject? or will this end up being a failed resurrection? C'mon, I don't want that diamond to be wasted!
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 3:48 am

So... we just do the exact same thing as what I said, but as isolated civilians?

I suppose that would work better for a small group like this one, my original thought would have needed most of the users to garner the epicness it lent itself too.

And I cant agree with Kingston. If we made an RP in Jamaica, then everyone would just get stoned and eaten. Not exactly a riveting plot.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 8:09 am

I was thinking we might go Montreal- there's a river for fish, and a massive fortress we could use to defend against the zombies nearby.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 1:11 pm

Alright, now that one sounds good. And eventually we could push out and use the walls of the old city as our extended fortress.

Now if only we had people who would come out and play with us......*sob*
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 2:02 pm

change the title, for a start. it's too long, and doesn't explain it. make it "World war Z- a zombie RP"
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 4:51 pm

I'm sorry, it was 3 am when I made those three RPs. I will get right on that.

And if you dont change your sig, I will have no choice but to never log on again. I am quickly being driven stark raving loony tunes by that damn thing!!
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 5:32 pm

when i first saw it, I spent 5 minutes just going "ooooooooh!". I am never changing it.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

What if someone were to 'shop some portals along the bottom?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 6:03 pm

That would be more epic, but less adorable. Its much more fun to imagine pinkie pie just popping out of nowhere and making you happy.

And wheres your character sheet, Alaska? Joural?
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 6:10 pm

nowhere, until we have enough people to set this up. and an actual sheet to fill out.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:20 pm

There is a character sheet at the bottom of the OP, which you would know if you ever did more than skim the OPs. Get too it!!
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:27 pm

Could be interesting. I'lll reserve the combat-scarred veteran or perhaps a nurse/doctor of some sort. Psychology, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

oh, hey, look at that. didn't notice it before. Anyone have any suggestions for what city we should start in?
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 8:19 pm

I'd suggest a fictional city. Like most sciences, and really most school subjects, I'm a geographical idiot. A crude map or some simple descriptions of a city should work fine.

If the OP so chose, perhaps limitations could be put in place (maximum of 1 medical professional, 1 soldier/police officer), to help us stretch our creativity. Maybe a school teacher, after years of reading messy handwriting, could decipher some scrawled up note about the cure or whatever. Or a garbage man lead the group through a city after years of following routes or whatever.

Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 9:18 pm

Your right, shade. I do hereby decree that everyone joining this RP must have a different pre-war occupation! And by the OP, we have to start in fictional cities, cities built out of whatever the refugees could find. I said the names of some of the cities in the OP, but you can feel free to make one up in the same vein.

Now, all we need is about 4-7 character sheets and I can post an IC.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeWed 16 Nov 2011, 9:27 pm

Somehow I skipped over this... I don't know how. (as I lurk every thread in this forum at least once...) Maybe it was the part about that actor... *shrug*

Oh well, after looking over this I will join. I am reserving the Networking Administrator/Mom's basement hacker!
Back to top Go down
Shade
Common Poster
Shade

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 4:37 pm

Psycho, your riddles:

Spoiler:

I'll put up a sheet soon.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 6:51 pm

I disagree.
Spoiler:

it'd be easier to use a pre-existing city, so we can just google maps.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

If you get specific though, realism will make the plot difficult, and all research will slow down the story. We tried this one time with Dman's "Hivemind" which was the beginning of a zombie apoc with the plot taking place in England. It did not work because realism inside a hospital with no floor plans online is impossible, and everyone was doing something different because of it. (ie people going upstairs and downstairs from the same place, to get to the same place, with three different routes and such, all completely opposite of each other.

It would be exponentially easier to use a fictional city loosely based off of a present day one, as it allows quick and painless improvisation.
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 8:52 pm

Didnt I already rule that this would take place in made-up cities? Made by the refugees of the zombie war? I seem to distincly recall naming a few of them, and saying that our characters had to be in different ones to make the war multi-faceted.

And I also seem to recall telling everyone to make character sheets, of which I have had several promises....*pointed stare*
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2011, 8:58 pm

Ooh, this looks good. I'm not sure I'd want to join though, I haven't read the book. X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.   WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WORLD WAR Z, the end of days. A zombie RP.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: A Magical Place :: Old OOC-
Jump to: