WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)

Go down 
+5
Zorthax
Patches
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Rachel
Admiral Ji
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:29 pm

Tanker!

I'd be fine with you making a character.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:32 pm

Jac already grabbed damage dealer. What we have left, Eo, is Controler (AoE's, status effects, that kinda thing. The mage, really.) And the healer. The healer is fun. Especially if you play my favorite kind of healer, who heals through encouragement of all things, and gets to make other people attack instad of him, taking advantage of say, Jac's vastly stronger damage potential. Or there's the bard, bards are fun, and they're healers. They can kill people through mockery, so yeah, insults do hurt.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Hmm. I usually play damage-dealers in DnD stuff, so I'll have to get thinking on mage concepts. Time to pull out the 4th ed books!

My usual standbys are dragonborn barbarians and kobold bards. Not terribly optimized for the latter, but it does mean I get a shiny AC from size bonuses. Though I'm not entirely sure it's possible in 4th ed. WIll we have a big enough party that bards' general lackluster performance at everything will hurt? Or should I go up with a straight-up mage of some sort and specialize harder?
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

Well... Jac is the dragonborn barbarian, actually. And uh, bards are healers actually, that's what they do "best". And there's at best going to be four or five players, so it won't hurt, don't worry. Though a mage, invoker, or druid would be good for wizarding, the bard, cleric, warlord, or shaman will provide with healing.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:47 pm

Jac also likes dragonborn? Never saw that coming ;)

I'll need to refresh myself on the exact differences between all those classes.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 7:50 pm

I personally prefer to play as a halfling, all the time. Even when I'm the barbarian. Especially then, actually.

The exact difference? Not too much my friend. Though druids do the shape a shifty, Invokers get their magic from the gods. Wizards are... wizards. Clerics heal because of a god, Bards heal with magic, Warlords are master tacticians and ispirers, and shamans are shamans really. They get a free spirit "pet".
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:01 pm

DB warlord, perhaps?

Are there any rules for using monster races for PC's?
Back to top Go down
Zorthax
User

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:06 pm

May I join? I'm not terribly good, but I am playing an RL 4th edition game right now with all the books at my fingertips, so I could help with rules and such. What taken anyway? The writing is rather confusing given that there are no actual sheets and yet spots are taken, but from what I can deduce the defender, the controller and the striker are taken. Who is leader?

And may I ask all you people on the whole why MY D&D RP has been up for over a month with no action, and this one has been up for 2 hours with three pages of action? I feel insulted, to be perfectly frank.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

Yours dispenced with dice. Mine does not.

Controller is still open, actually. Eo wants Leader. I understand the rules myself, having been playing for just over a year now... (Had my first game Halloween of all things) And besides, like any good DM, I've homebrewed several rules into this that I liked.

If you know what you're doing however, you can pretty much make your own character. Though, as a rule, I use races and feats from the essentials line, but the classes from core 4. No book 3, I detest psionics.

I don't actually know any of said rules, sorry Eo. Find me some, and I'll consider it. Sure, be another dragonborn... I'm just glad I convinced Legs to take Tiefling... lord knows we don't need three in the same party...
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:14 pm

Tiefling!

Now you people just need to convince me to make it a her.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:17 pm

I did mention Tieflings and Dragonborn have a not so nice history? I did now. It's in the books. Don't worry though, they respect each other if they are valuable members of the party.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:18 pm

Yeah, hopefully, since this tiefling is providing the wall of the group, they won't break out into fist fights.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:20 pm

I inspire everybody! Except for Tieflings. Mammals smell funny...

I can do that, right?

Unless I make my character a bit of the Genghis Khan type, in which case any woman would get auto-accepted in his book.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:22 pm

Well, I guess. Your call. Warlords are awesome man, you can pretty much run and hide in a locker, and issue orders, and still bolster your entire party. Though most of it is one on one help anyway. As previously mentioned, also, instead of actually healing someone, you just kinda give them a thumbs up, and bam, healed.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

"Sick moves, brah!"

Brah gains 5HP.

I could go for that, actually.

I could be the incredibly macho-looking type who's studied war tactics for years - but is scared shitless of actual fighting, so he mostly just showboats and shouts encouragement from the back. That could be fun, actually.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

But my tiefling is male...
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:25 pm

God Donut wrote:
"Sick moves, brah!"

Brah gains 5HP.

I could go for that, actually.

I could be the incredibly macho-looking type who's studied war tactics for years - but is scared shitless of actual fighting, so he mostly just showboats and shouts encouragement from the back. That could be fun, actually.
I will help you make him, my friend. We'll sacrifice your Strength for a high Cha and a high Int, letting you issue orders like a boss. This will be so much fun...

Yes, I do expect roleplaying.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:26 pm

I didn't expect anything else.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:27 pm

Didn't you just ask for us to convince you to make your tiefling a woman?

Sweet.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:28 pm

Well yes. But I was expecting actually convincing.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:30 pm

Not withholding buffs counts, right?

You're asking a bunch of internet roleplayers to invite a female character into the party. What would you expect us to say?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:30 pm

Though there's a move I like where you hit someone, and then someone else gets to hit them as a free action.

Speaking of warlords, my friend and I ran a theoretical battle, with a party of 6 warlords and one barbarian. The barbarian got to attack 14 times in one round (Because of action points. We'll discuss those later) Which means he threw 14 axe swings, in the 3 to 5 seconds a round takes.

Last edited by Mr_ji on Sun 06 Nov 2011, 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

Fiiiiiiiiiiiine. Female tiefling it is.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:33 pm

How the frack...

Also, yes, I am teh barbarian dragonborn.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 06 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

Once agian, I'll remember to make it female at the end of all this. I can't go back in the compiler.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)   A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A dungeons and dragons rpg by Ji. (It's my first guys, I finally popped my cherry)
Page 2 of 37Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 37  Next