WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Spirit of the Century OOC

Go down 
+2
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
THE Derp Dragon
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:33 pm

Now I'm trying to imagine a flying bike stuffed with vacuum tubes.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Dirigible! So yeah. I have figured out everything for my guy, well for the generic stuff. Must now right it all down with mine Fingurs.

Flying Motorbike sounds legit, As does an Aircraft of futuristic (for the time period) design.

How would vacuum tubes make something fly?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

It makes it lighter. Because that's totally how logic works.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:43 pm

Indeed, totally.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:44 pm

Vaccum tubes would just opperate as transistors, you'd need propellers to get it to fly, silly.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

No, but you see, if hot air is lighter than cold air, and that makes dirigibles fly, then a vacuum should be even more effective, because it's weightless!

Propellers would just be for propulsion. We can't be bandying about in a motorcycle that's at the wind's graces, now could we?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

You could make it work with your "I can bullshit science with my words" power.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

Then, uh, install a rudder, that oughta do it. Maybe a wing? Just one, it's cooler that way.

Yes, yes I could, potentially. It all depends on if the modulator is filled with the right kind of nano-molecule.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:47 pm

I'm considering taking "Rule of Cool" as an aspect, so that would actually work.

Wings? (puts on shades) Where we're going, we don't need wings.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 2:50 pm

No, no. BAD.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:00 pm

. . . I decide to sleep in because it's Sunday and the thread explodes. Oh hey, Jac's dragon grew. Pretteh draggeh.

Flying motorbite, Judge Dredd style? Can work! Plane that's advanced for the age? Think that's actually an example from the book (under Mac Silver's character) so it totally works. How does the bike work with your gimmick?
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:02 pm

Oh, what do you know, it did...

Would it be possible to have a car with guns strapped inside it?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:08 pm

For a mentor, while I go invent a name for him, could he have been some kind of scientist himself? So I could have gone on an adventure with him as his sidekic?

Darn you Tesla, you were born too late.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:09 pm

You put those two in a thread together, and it tends to happen.

As for the bike, I have no idea. I was thinking it folds out into a mini-plane or something. My guy would have gone in the great war and gotten good at doing the old-school handgun duels out the side of the plane, so he'd go about on the bike and take on unreasonably large targets with handguns while flying the bike.

But it was something I came up with late at night. Having a prototype plane is probably more practical, considering I'd probably also need some enhancements to my gun in order to get it as powerful as it would have to be.

For a character archetype, I was obviously thinking of the two-fisted aviator who's some sort of love-child of John Wayne and the guy from Top Gun. From there, I'll see as I fill out the sheet, hehe.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:11 pm

Here I'm trying to figure out where I want to draw the line. Having one of you with a vehicle makes things easier for us all so that minor NPCs don't have to be introduced to get you from point A to point B. I can't see a lot of the action happening through vehicles though. Maybe a couple car chases? I dunno. Thing is, your characters are going to be helping to shape whatever story I write up (or improvise up).

Hard question here is what's over the top and what is just silly. Eh, sure, car with guns in them? I've seen nuttier.

Scientist mentor works actually. He'll likely not be actively in the game (I'll let you guess about that one) but it could be added in. Could even make an aspect like "taught by dkl;fdslgscalyhairlesshairpieadhghkdh"

Sheesh, third edit so far. XD. Two fisted pilot works. John Wayne type works.
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm

Don't the mentors usually die?

Tesla, you fool, you were born 50 years too late to help me!
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:13 pm

The whole care with guns thing was a joke, but it'd be better at holding us all.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:14 pm

Considering that they were born exactly one hundred years before you? For the most part, yeah. Could still have his notes. Maybe an aid of his contacted you?

Don't we have two pilots now?
Back to top Go down
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:15 pm

No, no, I'll just use a generic scientist man who I'll come up with a name for.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 3:17 pm

Why don't you look up famous scientist born in 1800?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

THE Derp Dragon wrote:
Considering that they were born exactly one hundred years before you? For the most part, yeah. Could still have his notes. Maybe an aid of his contacted you?

Don't we have two pilots now?

I am guessing that last part is referring to my Dirigible captain... which is more like a boat than any plane. So he will not be an excellent pilot, maybe Good or slightly higher but not much higher. Overall... He is going to be more of a mode of long distance transport on his Hydrogen Dirigible.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:36 pm

Where's everyone at as far as characters go?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:38 pm

Hovering around concept stuff. Haven't gotten to sit down and work on it just yet. Also, what gadget I end up with is going to radically alter the backstory, so I've been hesitant to go too far on it.
Back to top Go down
THE Derp Dragon
User
THE Derp Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

Take your time man. I'm not in a rush to start this. Assuming your average tabletop session is four hours, the first session of a SotC game is generally dedicated purely to character creation.

For those of you going for some kind of gadget, custom vehicle, or what not, I advise that you read up on Stunts. Also, check out the sample characters near the end of the book that have gadgets. Jack Black, Mac Silver, Der Blitzmann, and even Dr. Meth are good examples. Think it even breaks down what slots the gadgets take up on terms of Stunts and why.

Also, don't stress over running out of slots, picking useful stunts/aspects/skills. Why? If they don't really come into play all that much (if at all) I'll allow them to be swapped out. Again, keep in mind you want some aspects that'll work against you as well. Ones that work for -and- against you in quirky, interesting ways are pretty fun.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 14 Nov 2011, 9:16 pm

... Well the dirigible was scrapped... Oh well. I have another character in mind, this time with an actual use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirit of the Century OOC   Spirit of the Century OOC - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spirit of the Century OOC
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next