WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.

Go down 
+8
DB
Rachel
scarydactyl
lUN_Cat16
Szemetlada
Admiral Ji
Snowy
Patches
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheyCallMeEdward
Refugee

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 10:07 pm

Alright man, I'm going to do some homework and then I'm off to bed so goodnight alright.

Oh by the way I'll probably make a sheet tomorrow sometime after school. Do you know how soon this will start up?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 21 Feb 2012, 10:23 pm

Start time depends when people actually start giving me characters.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Feb 2012, 1:29 pm

So do we actually have any interest here, or should I not bother? This is going really, really slowly, and I have any number of other things that I could be doing with my time. My main concern is that I don't have any character sheets, or even WIP sheets.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 25 Feb 2012, 1:35 pm

Oh, right, right! I've been meaning to make a sheet and I just keep forgetting, as per usual...
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:01 pm

Bumping this back for our new people, if they're interested. If I get actual productive activity here, (some WIP character sheets, maybe?) I still want to run this.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:44 pm

Yeah, I'm interested. I didn't know that we were ready for characters yet. Let me think about what I'd like to be first.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 2:52 pm

Anything that's of the races that have been written up. If you want to pick something else, then feel free to write up an air or wood race.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

Wood coming right up.

Species name: Homo mutata "Permian(s)"
Based on: Monkeys

Appearance: I did have a picture of the specie, but it's not with me and I have no scanner at the moment. Permians are basically omnivorous monkey people. These monkey people, when standing are their full height are statistically speaking about 5'8" most of the time. They are rather unique for having two tails that share a base by only two or so inches, and having two legs with four extra arms up top, completely separated from each other. Their eyes are also different. They're black and beady and each side of the face has three black marble looking eyes, so that would make six eyes all together. With these traits, other species appropriately nicknamed the Permians "spider-monkeys". They are most often seen having shades of grey with white being the most common. There are also grey Permians, black Permians, and the occasional brown one. Their face and skin (hands and feet) however are always pink and their faces are long. Like a hunting dog, their fur is thick and they have a lot of skin so that if they were to be grabbed, they wouldn't be too harmed. Unlike a dog though, it isn't just around their scruff but everywhere on their body except on their face, hands, feet, and tails. The tails do have a little extra skin however, but nothing noteworthy. While they do have nails, they are not long or strong enough to be considered as weapons, and are mostly used to pick off ticks and other parasites.

Abilities/Traits: They are extremely intelligent and cunning and even during their early creature phases, they were able to pick up sticks or stones and use them as tools to get food. They are really fast on the ground, but not enough to outrun, say, a greyhound, but they are the best climbers in all of the forests. With two tails and four upper arms, they rarely ever fall from a tree and move through the trees with amazing agility .They have very good eye sight and are able to spot food from the thickest of trees and would be able to see a predator coming from nearly a mile away if they were on flat ground. They have managed to develop their own form of communication.

Culture/Disposition: While the Permians aren't a tribe, they are close to being so. A single pack works together obediently, and there is a type of caste system in a pack. It is determined by the color of one's coat. Black coats were of the highest respect to put it simply. A black coat would be the leader of a pack and other black coats would act as another pack member would take whichever duty they choose, but when the leader dies, one of them are allowed to step up. Be it a battle to the death, or that all but one refuse the position. All coats must be present to witness the new leader. Grey coats basically guard the pack and the camp of said pack. Brown coats are the hunters of a pack and bring back fresh kill for the pack. Brown coats are among the stealthiest of a pack being stuck with their position. They may choose whether or not to lay down scent markers which tells others that they're in their territory. White coats are the lowest one can get, and probably the most common. They gather fruit and vegetables, put down scent markers, do things for the camp, et cetera.

The Permians as a whole aren't too aggressive to other species, but they are very territorial, especially around the main camp of the pack. The camp isn't so much of a camp, but the general area where all the Permian rest and sleep and shelter themselves, which makes this place the most valuable to them. When faced with a predator too large, they all join up together, flex their arms and stick out their tails wide. The numbers and suddenly becoming larger often scares away most predators. If they don't leave within the next few minutes, they attack in overwhelming numbers. They would use anything as a weapon and would like hit them with a stick or smash them with a large rock. Speaking of which, they aren't the strongest thing around, but they're stronger than you would expect and could move a small boulder using all the strength in their four arms. Permians are very thankful to the forest for the gifts of life and while they do sometimes tear off branches, sticks, and leaves and flowers, if they see creatures acting trying to damage the forest or trees, they can get pretty pissed.

The race is as ancient as Thulai itself, but due to their reluctance to advance and happens to prefer sticking to The Old Ways, the dwarves had managed to out speed them into dominance. At first, the Permians were hunted for their fur, skin, meat and eyes (pretty much everything), which caused a long term disdain for the dwarves. But as time went by, the dwarves acknowledged them as a super-intelligent species like themselves, and all reports of hunting them were then classified as murder. Some of the Permians joined Dwarven society while others continued to hate the race. Still, most Permians refuse to either live outside their village or live in an actual city, since they have a dislike for change and cannot stand living outside their primitive life style. Obviously though, this does not apply to all, and some are even participating in the colonization program, and are completely capable of understanding modern technologies.

Miscellaneous info: They don't like water too much, but are able to tolerate it. So if they suddenly fall in a river or some body of water enough to actually get them wet (excluding puddles) without expecting so, they will freak out. This includes being forced into water, or accidentally falling in it. They also react badly to something scaring them, so jumping out of the bushes is probably a bad idea. Like most species, they're very protective of their young.
Also, fun fact. Venom in insects such as bees, ants, or spiders won't really affect them and the most they get out of it is getting high. So they often times eat them and when they find it, spider webs as well! Webs are considered to be a candy-like treat in their culture.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Mar 2012, 10:55 pm

Interesting. So what would a Permian be doing aboard a ship like the Reisender?
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 31 Mar 2012, 7:36 am

Despite disliking change, they are a dangerously curious, and have a strong craving for knowledge and learning.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 9:36 am

Sure. Added them to the OP. Just don't expect a terribly high position playing one of them. Your engineer will be a Sqamik, but they aren't necessarily barbarians, just stereotyped that way because they're not fond of clothing.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 11:24 am

I was figuring a spot where he would be most useful. As in the guy in the crow's nest or perhaps a carpenter. Something where he could put his skills and extra limbs to use.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 9:03 pm

Yeah, that would be good.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun 01 Apr 2012, 9:35 pm

I'll try to get the sheet up this week. Tomorrow or the day after.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 9:58 pm

I'm gonna have to put it off, I have final segment exams to finish.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon 02 Apr 2012, 10:42 pm

That's fine. Exams come first, definitely.
Back to top Go down
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-
Common Poster
Jacokonus -Ash Bringer-

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2012, 2:16 pm

You need Parrot people.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

I'm trying to finish an eight-page paper before break is over, but I'll probably write those up in a few days or so ( I assume Sakky isn't coming back consistently enough that she'll participate, but I like her species idea of cockatiels with a strong Aztec influence). They'll probably be the intelligentsia/sophists/literature-inclined group, but have that Central American sensibility reminiscent in their architecture and culture (like love for sports and bloody religious ceremonies).

If you want to handle the details, you're welcome to go for it (since that seems to be the species you're interested in playing, you might as well set it up). Saves me the work and gives you something that is likely closer to what you wanted to play.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 04 Apr 2012, 6:51 pm

Expect something this week.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat 07 Apr 2012, 10:08 am

I WILL FORCE MYSELF TODAY YES

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed 11 Apr 2012, 11:43 pm

sounds interesting. Can I be a character that joins the ship during an early space encounter? pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 12:16 am

Assuming we get started, okay, and as long as I approve the species. Granted, looks like the ship will have a starting regular crew of three, counting myself.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 3:15 pm

I just figure space aliens joining the ship would be a useful source of information/ exposition as required. I enjoy filling roles usually relegated to NPCs!

I'm thinking my character's race will be based on the Krishona- 2-3 foot tall insectoids that are incredibly adaptive and possibly psionic, depending on your feelings on the subject.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 3:31 pm

Eh, you might get something like vague lie detection, but that will be countered by the fact that you aren't getting your own hearthstone, which the rest of the crew will have. I'd have to see more information on what you're planning first.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu 12 Apr 2012, 3:39 pm

hmm? oh, I meant telekinetic, not psychic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.   Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here be miniature giant space dragons: ready to start on characters, unless you want to play a cockatiel person.
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next