WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning

Go down 
+4
Rachel
Diamondback
andavocados
Surprise
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning Empty
PostSubject: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:24 pm

Okay, this is a planning thread! ideas go here!

what we need-
Rules!(besides the obvious)
character sheet!
decision on what pokemon to allow!(just gen 3? 1-3? 1-5?)
name!(note how unwieldy this title is)

And a ton of other stuff!

My suggestion would be to go with gen 1-4 as the "legal" pokemon, since Unova is meant to be so far removed.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:27 pm

If it's an RSE Nuzlocke, the pokes available in RSE should be available.
And that's it.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:30 pm

yeah, but that forces us into a few possible party configurations. everyone will end up with a zigzagoon, because "Noone else will do this!", and whismur will be basically the only thing anyone takes from the tunnel...
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:39 pm

True.

But that would then involve planning where everything else went. Which would take a while.
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:40 pm

Rule idea: no starting with fully evolved powerful Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:41 pm

That is because it is the only thing IN the tunnel.

I, personally, want to keep this as close to the games as possible while keeping it an RP. So... Yeah. RSE Pokemon.

At the very least, Emerald offers more variety.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:45 pm

I believe I said "excluding the obvious"?

humm... yeah. maybe just have a rule that you have to A) use basic logic(outside slateport with all the electric types is a great place to have a pacharisu appear, but you wouldn't put one in a tunnel, and B) you need to consult with others before encountering them?

oh, and should we at the least, even if we did stick to gen 3, starters from different gens should be allowed, so we don't end up with 3 treeckos, 4 torchics, and 2 mudkips, you know?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:49 pm

But. The whimsy.

Okay, maybe restrict the starters? Like, Gen III guys, Cyndaquil, Squirtle, and Turtwig? I mean, Pokemon like Chimchar or Totadile or BLUH.

I, myself, will be going with Torchic and the basic Pokemon, due to wanting to play this much like the actual game. So... Hmm. Okay, I'll think.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:55 pm

I'm calling Treecko. Why? Because FREEKING TRECKO. GREATEST THING.

yeah, lets go gens 1, 2 and 3 for starters. maybe 4... bluh.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:57 pm

Actually, IV is sort of where things went downhill. Why not keep it just I-III? That way it feels and plays a lot like the RSE, but we have some more selection?
Back to top Go down
Diamondback
Frequent Poster
Diamondback

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 10:58 pm

YEEESSSS I GET TO HAVE MY PRECIOUS CHARBABY
I LOVE YOU JOURAL
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:23 pm

Raeg, Jour. I wanted Treecko.

Fine. I shall have a Mudkip.

SHEET-
Name: Normal stuff.
Description: In which you can ramble about appearance and personality to the extent of your desires, since I know some of us don't like concrete personality blurbs.
Bio: Necessary?
Nicknaming theme? :

Pokemans-
Species:
Description:
Moveset: Necessary?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:25 pm

Eh, let's not restrict age to adulthood. Even if we're playing it darker, this is still a bunch of tens-to-teens going on an epic journey.
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:26 pm

CHIKORITA! Or one of those amazing grass types that...

V your saying "Ego autem vivus vici universi" I do not think it means what you think it means... it actually means "But I am living, have conquered the universe" Or something very close to that.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:27 pm

With a group of deudly animals friendly creatures that kill mercilessly have friendly sparring matches with other deudly animals friendly creatures.
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeTue 15 May 2012, 11:31 pm

Sorry, I can't hear your strikes over the sound of Groudon obliterating a city.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 8:07 am

"went downhill"? what do you mean? sure, gen 3 had the greatest number of amazing pokemon(brelloom, Sceptile, Marshtomp, Blazican, and on and on...) gen 2 is actually worse tha gen 4, in my mind, because at least the terrible thing in gen 4 is a FLAMING MONKEY, as opposed to a GAY DINOSAUR. seriously. what the hell?
Back to top Go down
lUN_Cat16
Common Poster
lUN_Cat16

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 9:19 am

Hey bro, hey. Chikorita is the cutest chick out there. All we got in Gen 4 was a princequin and astupid turtle. And I never liked monkeys.

And, as I remember Gen 4 very well, the only good thing I can recall are the not-fairy-trio Legends. And Shiny Shellos.

This might just be me talking as a Gen 2 baby though. Seriously I grew up with that game.
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 12:20 pm

me too, but I can appreciate the later generations, even if every starter in gen 5 is terrible. (seriously? snivy? if I wasn't such a hard-core grass trainer I wouldn't touch that thing with a 10 foot pole)

okay, so I have an idea. whatever starts people want, and we throw in pre-evolutions and such as makes sense.

Now, our characters aren't going to be playing by ACTUAL nuzlokke rules, we just don't let them get more than one Pokemon per area, right? So if I want I can just say my character is OCD for grass types and have him ignore every non-grass type he comes across while searching for them?
Back to top Go down
Balu
Common Poster
Balu

Location : Hehe Being forgotten, invisible, and left to my own devices. Bad idea,

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 2:49 pm

OCD POKEMON TRAINER! He gotsta catchem all. In alphabetical order of course. LETS GO ABOMASNOW! THEN ABRA! ABSOL! ACCELAGOR!... Etc.

"Now, our characters aren't going to be playing by ACTUAL nuzlokke rules"

WHAAAAT?! Are you making Newzlokke rules?
Back to top Go down
Rachel
Frequent Poster
Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 3:03 pm

I, at least, will be playing Nuzlocke style. One Pokemon per area, first Pokemon in each area. I guess it's up to the players, really? Since I'll be playing Dave, I'll probably just make his team from my Sapphire run...

Which makes me wonder, though. In Nuzlocke comics, typically the Pokemon talk and have vastly different personalities and such. Should we allow that type of thing? I mean, I know I enjoy, say, Dave's and Eridan's (my Dustox) discussions in my head while I play, but I can understand why we wouldn't want that.

Back to the previous point of one-Pokemon-per-area... I guess you could set that up as a rule for yourself? Like, you could say, "first *insert type here* Pokemon per area", even though I'm not a huge fan of that sort of thing. The traditional Nuzlocke rules allow for modifications to make it harder, usually, and mono-type teams can be difficult to play sometimes. Although the actual modifications are things like "can only visit each PokéCenter once", "can only stock up on items at each PokéMart once", "can only train Pokémon *insert number here* levels per Route", that type of thing.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:17 pm

*Glances inside* I always wanted to see how a Nuzlocke RP would play out :3
Back to top Go down
Surprise
Frequent Poster
Surprise

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:35 pm

well, I just meant because there's no easy way to justify why our characters would be doing the challenge, you know?

and it wouldn't be pure grass, he'd just always have the max number of grass types he COULD. So areas with no grass types he'll be picking up other types.

... Does anyone have a problem with me picking up a budew on the third or fourth route? I'll of course be getting a shroomish in the forest.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 5:58 pm

Jour, your Pinkie Pie sig bounces in time with the Pokemon Emerald title theme.

How about you can catch any poke you want, and if you don't want to exit Gen 3, you don't have to?

Maybe there's a national contest. Extra pokes have been imported in to Hoenn, and it's a contest for any trainer who wants to join to go in and follow Nuzlocke rules on a standard league run. Of course, we could BS a diabolical reason for said contest. That would result in battling the legends TO THE DEATH.
Back to top Go down
DB
User
DB

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitimeWed 16 May 2012, 6:00 pm

I like Geek's idea~ And I love the Pinkie Pie sig~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning   Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ruby/ Saphire/ Emerald nuzlokke RP planning
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next