WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
WAIT! Without signing in or registering onto the forum, you will only be able to see a limited amount of our forum's content. To see everything that we have to offer, please sign in or register. If you are new to the forum and wish to register, it is recommended to be at least 13 years old as profanity and mature discussion goes without prohibition under normal circumstances. Thank you!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Forum revival in process, stay tuned!
If you have trouble logging in or have lost your password, email an administrator.
If you have an idea on how to improve the forum, please post your suggestions!

They Claimed to be Kings

Go down 
+5
Patches
Surprise
Admiral Ji
Snowy
scarydactyl
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 2:50 pm

That's fine.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 11 Dec 2012, 5:25 pm

Alright, cool!
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 10:59 pm

It's a bit short. xP

Name: Sonny Khotes
Appearance and Personality combined into one because I need rebel hours for NHS: Sonny is a clumsy and nervous man, whose small, slouched, and portly silhouette quickly betrays these qualities. His appearance and jittery temperament, however, mask a trait uncommon among his peers – halfway decent common sense. He makes up for what he lacks in athletics and appearances by the quality of his ideas and his dopey, indirect cleverness. Unfortunately, Sonny can only function at his optimal level when left to his own demises – in the company of others, he is possessed of a habit of giving voice to every bad impulse that comes to mind, and keeping all of the good ideas below the surface.
Sonny dresses in heavy clothing – winter wear, perhaps – as a matter of personal preference. A thin leather thong serves as a belt to secure baggy trousers of gray cotton around his chubby waistline, which terminate precariously just above his ankles to reveal long white socks nested underneath ancient brown hiking boots. Sonny wears a simple beige shirt with patterns plastered across its surface in haggard geometry of black and gray. Covering his pale arms and thick neck is a deep brown, faux-fur-lined jacket, and dominating his flock of curly brown hair is a gray ushanka with wooly flaps that droop downwards like dog’s ears to flank his pudgy, curious face.
Skills: Cooking, speed-reading, catching small insects in low-visibility conditions.
Brief Bio: Sonny has been halfheartedly engaged in most everything he’s ever done. From a young age, the hearty little Khotes boy liked most to sit in the center of his family’s underfurnished living room and swivel himself about, as if taking a special interest in everything but finding nothing worth crawling over to investigate. His parents are loud, affectionate, voluminous, and with tried-and-true connections in the pizza delivery business; Sonny is not a spoiled kid, but fond of acting the part just to see who he can fool.
Anything Else: That ushanka is his soulmate.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 12 Dec 2012, 11:03 pm

Yes good accepted.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 5:37 pm

I
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 5:41 pm

I didn't think you rped anymore sakky.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 19 Dec 2012, 10:36 pm

Leaving for two weeks tomorrow, so if this starts up while I'm gone now you all know where I am. >u<;
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 3:32 pm

I kind of came back on a whim but apparently no one loves me except Mata? I should probs just go back to onexone.
Back to top Go down
GreatSocrates
User
GreatSocrates

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 3:34 pm

I like you sakky. You're the only Marylander on here.

might join this.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 3:49 pm

I want to join this but I don't... feel... gah. I can't think of an interesting character.

Or I might deliberately go for a boring dude. Nobody cares if he dies.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 6:33 pm

^This.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
Admiral Ji
Admiral Ji

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 20 Dec 2012, 7:50 pm

Kind of exactly what Patches said.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 21 Dec 2012, 1:57 am

That's kind of like, the point of this RP though, right? To have an average, boring person, and then they're thrown into this situation? And I mean, what your sheet looks like and what comes out in the IC are gonna be two different things, but these are just normal, everyday blokes who are supposed to be pretty boring on paper and who we'll develop beyond that in our posts, right? o3o; So yeah, just do a boring guy if you can't think of any really enthralling characters to whip up, it'll be more realistic that way and then when you actually RP as them you can bring out their more subtle elements and sorta individualize them :D

(Right? o: )
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 3:04 pm

Yes thank. Do I need to make an example character? Because I can.
Back to top Go down
Snowy
Patrician of Ankh-Morpork
Snowy

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 3:43 pm

Well, I can self-insert if all else fails.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/alaskanwyvern/
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 5:41 pm

Here, have a dude I may or may not use. And a self insert is fine, if it comes to that.

Name: Arshile Bonheur
Appearance: Around 5'8" tall, scrawny, and thoroughly disheveled, the only thing Arshile can be mistaken for instead of an art student is a homeless guy. He's got a dusting of stubble that can't justifiably be called a beard, but mercifully lacks that douchey little artist stache. He probably slept in the clothes he's wearing, and his loose brown curls are all unkempt. His hair actually kind of looks like feathers. Hell, he looks a bit like a bird; even his facial structure is strangely avian. High cheekbones and all that. Okay. Okay he's a bird. I mean, not really, but everything about him is reminiscent of one, even down to the way he talks and moves. There are never not massive, dark shadows under his ocean green eyes considering how he never sleeps an entire night, but he's surprisingly energetic all the time. He also smells like coffee all the time. Ah, caffeine. Surprisingly, art school didn't get him into smoking. Just drinking coffee.
Personality: Arshile isn't a humble individual by any means, but he isn't quite as pretentious as others of his pedigree. He consistently acts like he is on a very tight schedule even though he isn't--it's either the coffee or just part of his nature. He's very quiet about his opinions and seldom has practical solutions to problems, but he does have his moments. Sometimes he looks a little too far into things, and that can result in a punch to the face if he doesn't remember when to shut his mouth. Because he gets obnoxiously deep.
Skills: Abstract thought, obviously. He's also exceptionally observant; he has a great eye. When he isn't so tired his vision blurs, anyway. He also has a lot of odd skills like using power tools and welding equipment and such thanks to his studies in sculpture. Somehow, he can manage to fall asleep almost anywhere. His hands are very steady, despite the fact that there's probably more caffeine in his veins than blood; and, as scrawny as he is, he's actually pretty strong.
Brief Bio: Arshile is fresh out of art school--he studied sculpture and printmaking at PAFA--and is, predictably, pretty low on funds. Typical starving artist. He has yet to pay off his student loans, and he tends to be late on his rent quite frequently. He works at a Kinko's during the day and paints all night. Not a healthy habit, really; he can go for over a week with only an hour or two of sleep keeping him going and whatever cheap food he can scrounge up at the CVS across the street from his apartment. Plus turpentine is awful for your lungs, but he refuses to just use water mixable oils instead. Oh, and that thing I said about him working at Kinko's? Yeah, I lied. He got fired very recently for falling asleep on the job several days in a row, hence the need for cash that drove him to check out this here operation.
Anything Else: He's a vegan and a pacifist. Fortunately, not the kind of vegan who goes about calling people bloodmouths.
Back to top Go down
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 22 Dec 2012, 6:37 pm

This sounds really cool. I'll try to make something up, but I haven't done this writing thing in ever.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 12:24 am

Okay, you have really good characters. o: Do you like, make them all from scratch, or do they come from some giant inspirational reservoir?
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 23 Dec 2012, 1:00 pm

Why thank you. I make them all from scratch--I have like one-hundred-something of them--but Arshile has been a half-formed idea for a while since I'm putting him in the Artisans, although he'll be older and a little different, for instance he actually has a daughter named Oswin but she's not really relevant to this so he's too young to have a seventeen-year-old daughter. I just need to play around with his personality and mannerisms so I know who he is when I introduce him. Also I wanted an artist character who is the epitome of all I strive never to become.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 27 Dec 2012, 12:22 am

No kidding! Well I'll be keeping an eye out for him in future chapters of Artisans. >3<
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 1:20 am

He's going to turn up in chapter thirteen or fourteen. I'm on thirteen right now, and they're sort of almost there also why is no one joining this I'm cry.
Back to top Go down
Patches
Advisor
Patches

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 1:23 am

I want to join though. Soon soon, dear. Soon soon.
Back to top Go down
https://rpproject.rpg-board.net
andavocados
User
andavocados

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 2:48 am

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you a rehashed Homestuck OC with a new last name.

Name: Cory Thornton
Appearance: A side effect of being a starving grad student, Cory is tall, lanky, and rail-thin. He slouches more or less permanently from long hours spent staring fruitlessly at a computer screen. He has rather drab, normally bloodshot grayish-blue eyes, almost, but not quite perfectly rectangular glasses, and a fairly orderly mop of light brown hair that looks like a normally short hairstyle that hasn’t been trimmed in months. He normally wears more or less the same thing, regardless of the weather: a nondescript tee shirt, khaki shorts that hang just past his knees, and tennis shoes, all well-worn but functional, without holes or anything. If it gets particularly cold he wears a maroon letter jacket from his high school, emblazoned with his last name and four State Science Fair patches.
Personality: Cory is a rather intelligent young man. He speaks at a reasonably quiet volume, and according to himself, speaks only when he has something important to say. Unfortunately, his definition of important is skewed, and he tends to start off on scientific tangents about physics, using all sorts of jargon that most people neither understand nor find enlightening, but is incredibly satisfying to him. He won’t get too offended when everyone forgets what he says during these rants, but he’ll often respond to that by repeating what he had said in a similarly impossible to understand way.
Skills: He’s really into physics, but hasn’t exercised seriously in years. That gives him a rather unique manner of looking at a problem and the knowledge of how most things interact with most other things, but he lacks the ability to do more than talk about it at length.
Brief Bio: He was always really good at math and science before college, breezing through them with little to no effort, often holding study sessions over social networking sites with dozens of confused kids. He made it to state science fair in ninth grade by throwing together a project about the trajectories of marbles launched at different angles at the last minute, and kept going back year after year with similarly thrown together continuations that the judges apparently couldn’t get enough of. In college, Cory, despite his numerous scholarships, couldn’t afford to go far, and once he got to grad school he was limited to living off of his grad student stipend, a tiny sum barely exceeding minimum wage. By the start of this RP, he’s long since been tired of week after salty week of ramen and fast food, and jumps at even the slightest chance of money.
Anything Else: yay cookie-cutter science nerd woooo

I may edit this later, when I'm not throwing it together to just get it done before I forget again and when it's not almost 2am.
Back to top Go down
scarydactyl
User
scarydactyl

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 28 Dec 2012, 4:56 pm

Aight. Accepted as is, but feel free to do any necessary edits.
Back to top Go down
Szemetlada
Contributor
Szemetlada

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 31 Dec 2012, 3:02 am

That's me in nine years. Aside from the shorts and the science fairs.

8D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They Claimed to be Kings    They Claimed to be Kings  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They Claimed to be Kings
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next